LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » What is your favorite TV show?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is your favorite TV show?
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I'm bored, and I thought we could get to know each other a little better!

Besides, when we become Lymey, sometimes we end up watching more TV....I know that has been the case for me! [Smile]

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedoffjan
Member # 15944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedoffjan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Two and a Half Men. I also have to admit to the guilty pleasure of reality tv. I enjoy Survivor.

Jan

Posts: 90 | From Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much I look forward to during the summer.

I like Grey's Anatomy and am looking forward to when the new season starts.

I also use to like Man Vs Wild but haven't been into it much lately either. Again, I think I need to watch a new show.

I turn Larry King LIve on to see what is on but lately have turned it off as haven't had anything on I am interested in at this time.

I shouldn't be alive is good at times to when I am channel surfing and run across it. I don't know exactly when it comes on.

I'd like to know more about the scientist that are being stalked by the bears right now and are waiting rescue.

I guess the bears are low on fish so looking at possibly eating the scientist that were researching them instead.

Weather is not good for an airlift so they are waiting for other transportation out.

That sounds like an interesting story.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I am mad about MAD MEN on AMC.

Season Two begins tomorrow - Sunday, July 27.

Splendid acting, direction, writing, lighting, staging, etc.

Also Sunday night: Masterpiece Theater's Foyle's War final episode which must be seen.

======================================

AMC MAD MEN:

www.amctv.com:80/originals/madmen

SCHEDULE:

http://movies.amctv.com/schedule?category=Mad%20Men

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
our favorite shows:

antique roadshow

nashville star

can never remember name but judges are david hasselhof, sharon osborne, and pierce

RFD'S: ralph emery, crook & chase, friday night singing shows;

larry king when it's not all the political stuff and deals with ONE subject interviewed ... had hoped he would have ESTELLE GETTY MEMORIAL by the GOLDEN GIRLS ... but not seen or heard anything such a thing would transpire...

ghost whisperer

guy lombardo and lawrence welk reruns....

we love musicals and hubby/i love john wayne movies too!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
House

The simpsons

south park

So you think you can dance

project runway

--
the x files (in re runs)

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really into cooking, so I like Food Network, even though some of the shows can great really corny. I got into Next Food Network Star recently.

I am actually getting into some of the Public Broadcasting shows about cooking too.

I also like The Soup on E! It is VERY irreverant, but hilarious, especially if you like celebrity gossip and/or watching people make fun of other people who make idiots of themselves on TV.

Also, Project Runway is good. Hmmm......HGTV too, because I like to pretend I am "House Hunting" to move out of my apartment...no such luck for the next few years though!!! [Smile]

House is good too though!!! Hubby and I watch that one.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran across a going green program the other day and thought it was good.

also jordan rubin going shopping with families and helping them pick out good, nutritious food that was easy to prepare vs picking out food at the fast food places.

don't know when either programs are on but would like to watch them again.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Also ran across Joni and Friends the other day while channel surfing.

Hoping to find out when she is on each waeek so I can find her again.

This one was about the wheel chairs she fixes up and takes to 3rd wheel countries.

The wheel chairs are fixed up at a prison here in the US.

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

I just get the cheapest cable you can get, so I doubt I would be able to see some of that stuff...... [Frown]

I would love those alternative health channels, etc though! [Smile] Neat!

hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New summer shows just began for The Closer, one of my favorites.

I also like CSI, Without a Trace, Two and a Half Men (I can't believe they get away with some of that stuff [lol] ) Grey's Anatomy and other dramas that are just not coming to my brain just now.

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MysteryGirl44
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7th Heaven

--------------------
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."

www.myspace.com/lymediseaseawareness

Posts: 514 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I get the cheapest cable too. I will let you know which channel it was next time I find it.

Or station....

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Gramma,

I'm with you regarding your comment:

" . . . Two and a Half Men (I can't believe they get away with some of that stuff . . ."

I love that show. It makes me laugh and feel so sane.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh kam i LOVE grey's anatomy and that last episode has me ridiculously excited for the next season.

my favorite show of all time, i think, which sadly is no longer on tv, is 'six feet under.'

just getting into 'bones' and find it incredibly fascinating (it's a little gory sometimes, though).

and the L word, even though it's a horrible show and the plotline is going straight down the toilet (um, no pun intended), because it's the only representation of 'my people' on television. inaccurate and ridiculous though it might be. [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nancy Grace, and basically anything on court tv! Or I guess they call it True Tv now. Also paranormal State and Ghost Hunters! I miss John Edward!

[ 01. September 2008, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: LisaS ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh I used to love six feet under.

I dont think they re run it anymore either.

I do like bones too and its conviently placed before house [Smile]

I forgot about dexter and californa (i think that is the name of it) both shotime series...

yes i watch way too much tv [Big Grin]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we get to list ones that aren't currently on? If so, then

defs. Invader Zim and Seinfeld.

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
House,Ghost Hunters,2&1/2men,SciFi Channel,Food Network,DYI.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Julie
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at this thread thinking, oh sure, someone else will post about this show, but no one did, so here is mine:

the Late late Show with Craig Ferguson!!!! [lick]

He is yummy. Scotsman, newly American. Speaker at the White House Correspondence Dinner a few months back. Does standup, was in Las Vegas for a week recently at the MGM.

He's insanely funny, but he's a nice guy. Not like the other late night talk show hosts, most of whom I don't watch. Letterman occasionally, Leno, once, maybe. But the others, haven't really seen them. Don't stay up that late anyway.

I Tivo Craig Ferguson, skip the commericals, and have myself a jolly ole time in the middle of the day with a damn fine looking middle aged (same age as me!) man.

If you've no Tivo, he's on at 12:35a.m. He's been on CBS for 3 years now, and I think lately, he's been getting more recognition, and I do believe in time, EVERYONE will know his name.

Did I say that he's yummy? Hmmmmmm [Razz]

--------------------
Julie

Posts: 1027 | From Northern CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Hahaha Julie. I think I have actually seen him before on TV.

I also love Jay Leno on Monday nights because they do "Headlines," which are hilarious!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hoosiers51:
I also love Jay Leno on Monday nights because they do "Headlines," which are hilarious! [/QB]

Oh yes indeed!!! The BEST!

I love America's Got Talent, Two and a Half Men, Desperate Housewives, Extreme Makeover, What Not to Wear, HGTV, Nashville Star, yes to Lawrence Welk reruns since I've seen and/or met most of the stars in person, Supernanny, Wife Swap [sometimes I can stand it!], THE OLYMPICS!!!

I know I forgot some!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmyPW8
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmyPW8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ghost Hunters, GHI, Ghost Whisperer, A Haunting, Paranormal State, Psychic Kids, The Closer, The Cleaner, and Antiques Roadshow. [dizzy]

I need a life! [shake]

--------------------
Amy

Diagnosed April 29, 2007.

Posts: 136 | From Joplin, MO | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Finding myself checking out the Hallmark Channel lately to see what is on as there usually is something I like.
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Yes, the Late late Show with Craig Ferguson is a blast.

He has me LOL a lot - but I just can't keep these late night dates with him. He's ruining my health.

-

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno...mine's a tossup between Price is Right and Family Guy...
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I, too, watch 7th Heaven when I am channel surfing.

And lately, I seem to be in front of the TV when Touched by an Angel is on.

I have not see that show in a long time.

But, it still touches my heart.

kam
Member # 3410

I like Jane Seymour. She is going to be on a new show starting up soon on the Hallmark Channel.

I am looking forward to that.

kam
Member # 3410

I forgot about MASH!!  -

B.J. Hunnicut Now age 69

[ 24. August 2008, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

kam
Member # 3410

Debra Winger today at 52

-

kam
Member # 3410

Margaret Thacher today at 82

-

kam
Member # 3410

-

Ann Margaret at 67

kam
Member # 3410

I have been watching bits and pieces of the DNC.

Will catch bits and pieces of the RNC next week.

I mostly watch for the speech quality and rate them as if I were a teacher and they were presenting their speech.

But, as far as hearing real plans on how to change things and improve them....I have yet to hear a good presentation on that one.

kam
Member # 3410

While channel surfing heard there will be over 100 new shows this fall.

Did i hear right??

carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I love THE OFFICE, on NBC.
It's hilarious!

What's that? 100 new shows?
I wouldn't be surprised. There are so many channels.

Carly

[ 11. September 2008, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: carly ]

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bringing this back up.

I love Gilmore Girls. Every summer, my daughter and I get out our DVD series and watch them.

We love The Office, Jimmy Kimmel and Conan, and SNL.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kam:
[QB] Debra Winger today at 52

-

Geeze.... I'm 5 yrs older than Debra Winger but I look 10 yrs younger than she does!

OK.. yes, I'm bragging!! Flaunt what ya got! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now:
The Office, CSI, Terminator, and NCIS

All time:
The Office, CSI, Sex and the City, Sopranos, Dexter, Simpsons

Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam,

i happened upon this and skimmed down thru this briefly. saw MIKE FARRELL AKA BJ HUNEYCOTT'S PHOTO.

i met him personally 10-12+ years ago when he came and spoke about HIS cause; can't remember what it was.

i had a fan letter read for him and wife, shelly fabares. i gave it to person escorting him, and saw she gave it to him ... his only one that night!

i got his autograph on flyer.

later i received autographed photos from him/shelly and a personal handwritten note from shelly on her PERSONAL stationary dealing with alzheimer's!

my sis-=in-law died at age 40 of this; it took her mom and she's been a national spokesperson for them since her mom was dx.

small world isn't it? [Wink]

kam
Member # 3410

Betty, I did not know he was married to Shelly. That is cool.

Lymetoo, glad you look younger than Shelly.

RE: TV....I must be getting better because I have wondered why I even watched some of the shows lately.

jeanettefv
Member # 17730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeanettefv   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love HGTV, Two and a Half Men, First 48 and Intervention.

Oops, that is way more than one!! Being sick unfortunately means a lot of tv watching. [hi]

--------------------
Jeanette
http://www.AHandbagShop.net

Posts: 29 | From NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
astriapage
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for astriapage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys

I just went to my local library and got Little House on the Prairie on DVD-

I am plugging through the seasons one by one!

I so love this show-they don't make tv like this anymore!

After you watch this it's hard to go back to regular tv!

Posts: 303 | From Jekyll Island, GA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Love love love The Office!

Michael Scott:

"Would I rather be feared or loved?

Both. I want people to actually fear...how much they love me."

(paraphrased)

Hahahahahaha.

And anything involving Dwight is funny.

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,

Don't be so modest. I heard you look 15 yrs younger than her. You go girl!!!!! [Smile] ( I also heard a rumor that Lyme likes attractive, funny and intelligent woman)

I love Discovery Channel, History Channel, Two and a half Men, House, Antique Roadshow, Extreme Makeover. I am embarassed to admit this but I love watching Wife Swap(I always get so angry at one of the wifes and or husbands)...

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coronation Street..... watched it from the very beginning as a child sitting on my mums lap. And any cooking show with Gordon Ramsay - I love to hate him !!
Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MysteryGirl44
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7th Heaven and Sex and the City

--------------------

Posts: 514 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MysteryGirl44
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10201

quote:
Originally posted by kelmo:
Bringing this back up.

I love Gilmore Girls. Every summer, my daughter and I get out our DVD series and watch them.

We love The Office, Jimmy Kimmel and Conan, and SNL.

I love Gilmore Girls!!!!

--------------------

dlf82368
Member # 18370

Icon 8 posted      Profile for dlf82368     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like third watch. I didn't see it when it was first on. Now it's just reruns and not in order either. Do they have the series for sale?
Posts: 8 | From jefferson county | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for madge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30 rock is so silly its funny...it just makes me laugh...don't have to think...but to be truthful i really love ER..so sad to see it end this year... [lol]

--------------------
madgen

Posts: 342 | From newjersey | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All time favorite, Law and Order - SVU.

House, Whale Wars and Animal Planet. :-)

--------------------
I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

Lyme Friends
http://www.lymefriends.com/profile/barbyfirefly

My Lyme Story Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/barbyfirefly

Posts: 160 | From Houston, TX | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boston Legal - Desperate Housewives
Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot, It's Me Or The Dog!

--------------------
I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

Lyme Friends
http://www.lymefriends.com/profile/barbyfirefly

My Lyme Story Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/barbyfirefly

Posts: 160 | From Houston, TX | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
petal
Member # 18066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for petal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A newbite here. Thought I would post here as I have been known to watch a show myself.

I do like two and a half men. funny show.
I like 'this hour as 22 minutes' (shown up here in the great white north.)
I'm sitting here trying to think of shows...doh
I can't think of anything.
I used to love Mash...great show.
Now I'm just showing my age..lol
I like House.
I sometimes wish they would bring back shows like Ed Sullivan or Carol Burnett..now I'm 'really' showing my age..lol.

petal

Posts: 7 | From Canada | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement