LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Work from home?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Work from home?
katc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of any legitimate opportnities to work from home?

I don't mean a get rich quick scheme, I just mean for extra income.

So many frauds out there, was wonderng if anyone out hre knows of anything!

It is so hard for many of us to work, so I thought someone may know something.

Thanks!

Posts: 117 | From Winston Salem NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For many years, I did home typing ... medical transcription. Many offices also have their insurance paper work done at home.

It is cheaper for medical offices to have work like that done at home, because if you have your own business at home, they do not have to worry about your health insurance or anything else for that matter.

Much luck,

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post. I find I am very limited on my skills now.

I don't have what it takes to listen to something that needs to be typed or to look at somethign that needs to be typed and type it out.

Although I can lie here and type away on the keyboard if I limit myself.

I think LymeToo is part of Xango. You would have to talk to her on how that has worked for her.

I have tried letting others know about it but have not had much success. My communication skills are very limiting.

I signed up with Shaklee. I have been wanting to get rid of the toxic cleaners in my home since I came down sick.

Gradually doing that. Shaklee provided a web site for $15 a month.

But, I must admit I have not been able to do anything towards getting customers except set up the site.

My hope is I will be able to do the University or whatever it is called on line for the products and learn more.

And then print out different information or get different pamplets and post them around town with my web site.

But, for now I am too low functioning to even hand out a business card or get the business cards posted around town.

It usually takes all I have just to be where ever I am for whatever it is I need to do.

I recently contacted an organization in town that helps people with finding out what it is they might be able to do for work.

I had contacted them before and they felt I was not well enough to be in their program yet.

I keep thinking there must be something I can do.

WRote again and asked them what my options are for the program.

I went to an Ebay seminar when I first came down sick.

I know some people do well with that.

I don't have the skills yet to do something with that.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedoffjan
Member # 15944

Icon 12 posted      Profile for tickedoffjan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am fortunate by being able to work from home. I am a bookeeper and my super sweet boss actually brings all the bills and receipts to my house so I don't even have to drive.

This way I can work without distractions and at my own schedule. Plus I don't have to put up with any snarky people. [Smile]

Posts: 90 | From Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an Avon representative, but I have to admit that I'm not enough of a go-getter to actually make any money.

I have a very limited customer base, and except for right around Christmas, I don't really bring in much.

If you enjoy sales and have the energy to do it, you can always do Avon, Mary Kay, Partylite candles, etc.

Good luck!

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr nagrom
Member # 18615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr nagrom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just google freelance. there are a million things you can do that don't involve peddling garbage. i've been a happy freelance web developer for the past 7 years.
Posts: 3 | From new york city | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tickedoffjan:
I am fortunate by being able to work from home. I am a bookeeper and my super sweet boss actually brings all the bills and receipts to my house so I don't even have to drive.

This way I can work without distractions and at my own schedule. Plus I don't have to put up with any snarky people. [Smile]

I do bookkeeping for a video production company. My boss drops off work for me & picks it up when I'm done. I've worked for this company for 10 years, about 5 years in the office & 5 years at home.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueCheetah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueCheetah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do medical transcription for a large nationwide transcription company. I get full medical benifits, vacation, etc. I love it!

The training and getting started is hard but it is a great at home job.

--------------------
Lyme, Babesia Microti, possible Bart.

Posts: 173 | From A little south of sanity - PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the idea of freelance. I think what I need to figure out is what skills I do have that I can use at this time.

I keep thinking that if there was somethign I could do at the computer while I lie here.

but, it would need to be something that comes from my head and is for a short period of time.

The multi tasking it takes to look at something and then data put it into the computer is out at this time.Or listen to something and put it in the computer is out.

Sounds like creative writing.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement