LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Not Invited to the Party

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not Invited to the Party
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you feel betrayed by both parties in D.C.? The Demopublicans are really one party pretending to stand on different platforms but ultimately bringing about the same results over and over.

Are you frustrated that you only have two choices in your vote and neither seem very good?

This book by James Bennett is coming out 10/13/09 and promises to give us real advice on how we can bring about true reform in our government.

I know this may seem far from Lyme disease, but is it really?

From the beginning, as some of you are painfully aware, I have felt the "healthcare reform" both parties focus on avoids the true problems of our medical care in America and instead brings new wealth to the government and whatever other corporate parties may also benefit. Unlike most of you, I strongly believe the health insurance industry will thrive with the plans currently on the table.

I question why the government solution is to create another "insurance policy" with premiums to be paid by everyone and the government will even pass laws mandating you have to participate in this coverage or be fined for not participating.

Are your U.S. Postal fees less than UPS or Fed Ex? Is their service better?

I don't believe for one moment that any healthcare reform drafted in D.C. will be better for you and me, public or not.

Well, okay. Enough of my thoughts. If you are frustrated with the two parties in power and would like to know how to make real changes in D.C. which will actually benefit the American people, perhaps this book will give us some honest answers and direction.

http://www.springer.com/social+sciences/political+science/book/978-1-4419-0365-5

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm VERY concerned about reports today that our premiums are about to go UP, UP, UP.

Thanks for the info on the book.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree, Luvs, and thanks for the book info. Not sure if this is one I've heard about so I'll check it out.

I hope the book outlines the new voting system I've heard about in the past - it would level the playing field and 'third party' candidates would have just as much chance of winning as either of the two main party candidates.

Ultimately, it will be up to us - the regular folks - to bring about any REAL reform. (IMHO)

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dems want more control. That is what their party stands for.
Repubs say they want less control but don't always stand for it.

How anyone can trust .gov to run their lives while the .gov use other people's money, just blows my mind... A vote for more government control is a vote for less freedom. It blows my mid even more that patients with lyme can trust a government to treat them when they stand behind the IDSA, CDC, and FDA. [bonk]

Posts: 458 | From Miss | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the life of me I can't understand why on earth people didn't vote for Ron Paul.

His Health Reform Act is absolutley right on!

It would do us lymies a world of good.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=22

Read #8 when government play doctor.

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is apparent the the "health insurance", uh, ..'industry'... (-I mean like, someone please try to tell what it is, exactly, that they produce!) funnels--they treat it as an it ...'investment'...., no doubt-- much of 'their' money to politicians who agree to perpetuate their scam.
Other foul play is probably not far behind. There are enough other problems setting up a health care system without worrying about the demise or restructuring of ...'insurance'... companies, though it might be good to offer training to the displaced workers
But no doubt huge amounts of paperwork can be eliminated.
The magnitude of this transition is daunting, but transition on some level has become kind of continuous, recently.
Computer traffic might be greatly lightened through a national "single payer" solution. (Think of all the useless counterproductive ...um,....'insurance'... company snooping that would no longer be, um, uh, ...'necessary'....!). Then, nationwide, in America, real productivity could have a chance rise above negligible levels. (but we'd still have our wrk cut out for us- fixing the doorway makes the inside of the proverbial burning house more visible!!)

DaveS
(was I EVER LUCKY to be over the Lyme before THE BIG RIPOFF fully kicked in....(And hopefully, will avoid getting it again until health care reform has been completed) (in the right way)

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TS.. I might have considered voting for Ron Paul if I had thought he had ANY chance of being elected. But he didn't stand a chance. Why waste a vote?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question Lymetoo. The answer... always vote what you know is true and right within your heart no matter what the outcome.

If everyone voted their conscience and not for the lesser of the two evils RP would be in office.

And remember a vote is never wasted [Smile] especially yours LT.

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the time we had our primary election, the `die was cast', so to speak. Ron Paul could not have won the nomination..... speaking of whom...

Has anybody read Ron Paul's ``End the Fed'' book?

TS96, I learned my lesson about voting my conscience when I campaigned and voted for Ross Perot. Ross Perot - as a 3rd party candidate - effectively split the Republican vote so we ended up with Bill Clinton.

With the system we have now, the REAL lesson from that election is that the candidate with the LEAST public support will win when there is a viable 3rd party candidate who fails to bring home both the majority popular vote and the electoral vote.

I'd like to think a 3rd party candidate is an option, but without a blockbuster candidate, I doubt it could be done.

That's why I mentioned reforming our voting system. I wish I could remember the details but it's fascinating. Now don't quote me, but it goes something like this: Instead of casting a single vote for a single candidate, you would get to cast 3 votes, in order of preference. Your `secondary votes' somehow insure that we don't see a repeat of what happened in the Ross Perot presidential race. (Was that 1992?) Maybe your favorite candidate won't win, but it is likely that your second-favorite candidate WILL win.

It's a little confusing at first glance, but the demonstration of it that I saw showed several `test election results' which were impressive. And with this system, every vote really does count and no vote is wasted!

Of course, candidates worth voting for are a rather critical part of the equation.

Wish Amazon would discount Bennett's new book. I'm not used to paying full retail at Amazon (though I did for my new mold book.)

Another book I probably need to read is ``America for Sale: Fighting the New World Order, Surviving a Global Depression, and Preserving USA Sovereignty'' by Jerome R. Corsi. It has 4, 5-star reviews, so far. Anybody read any of his other books?
http://www.amazon.com/America-Sale-Depression-Preserving-Sovereignty/dp/1439154775/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256859131&sr=8-1

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement