LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » MODERATORS: Why are Gigi and NanaDubo banned from Lymenet?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MODERATORS: Why are Gigi and NanaDubo banned from Lymenet?
wiserforit2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so upset that NanaDubo and Gigi are banned from Lymenet!

What is going on here?

They have brought good information and heartfelt support to the spectrum of this forum -- information that is currently saving my life.

For people who cannot handle abx anymore, the alternatives listed under AI have given me hope and a different direction to look in. Take away the input of these fine individuals and you cut a vital line of communication.

Adminstrators, please reconsider!

wiserforit2

[ 01-25-2010, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: wiserforit2 ]

Posts: 273 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where are you seeing this info? Could it be some old posts that were brought up?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Administrators, please reply to us and explain why this has happened?

Gigi and Nanadubo are positive contributors.

Many, including myself, have finally become lyme free with their support and helpful advice.

They add to the forum the dimension of detox experience which was the missing link for me for my healing.

Please respond.
respectfully,
lp

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HUH?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to know what happened to. Is this a recent issue or an issue from the past?

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nana is for sure..just spoke with her

she has no idea why

i know her personally..one of the nicest people on earth- seriously..

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be a mistake due to similar IP computer numbers:I was banned too for a week simply because my number was similar to someone's who was genuinely banned.

It has happened twice to me, so this may be the case here too.

Carry

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This happened today...

We all have a right to post if it is done in a good spirit within the guidelines.

No guidelines have been breached from what I have seen in their posts...so "big brother" is watching the alternative posts...and upset some of us are getting better naturally?" ....or lyme free?"

Who's next?

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GEE LP, how I doubt that's the issue? lol. This forum lets anything alternative be spoken.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Member # 22022

Possibly someone reported them...We can only speculate...which we probably should not do.

Carry's banning was a mistake...possibly this is the case for gigi and nana. But their IP numbers are not alike nor near each other at all for the same mistake to happen.

Lets wait for the truth...

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be fair, this site also allows all traditional medical information to be posted up to and including a doctor rxing someone 6 abx taken at one time??????????

That's not something to laugh out loud about.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm sure there is a logical reason. our moderators do an excellent job and things often happen that we don't know about.

i'm sure it's all some sort of misunderstanding.

but i'm glad we're all doing ok tho.

just be patient and it will all come out in the wash.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Carry suggested, maybe this is another mistake. Especially if Nana hasn't been told why she was banned.

Let's not get too carried away with speculation or outrage until we know what's going on.

Meantime, has anyone dropped a note to one of the Mods with a copy of this link? That might be the first step to getting some direct answers.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Member # 22022

Just chatted with Nana...she can read your posts, but cannot reply. She is grateful for the support for her lymenet friends.

Nana contacted sixgoofy this morning. Not sure of any reply.

I posted a note to Jennifer and Sixgoofy, asking them to contact those banned to tell them why they are banned, or to alert them of a possible mistake. I haven't heard back yet.

I also requested that Jennifer post on the AI site so we can move on...and not be frightened to post. So we all can understand why people would actually get banned. Or if this is a mistake. Just to clear the air.

I hope we get a response soon.

It would be good if others ask as well, so they know it is not just one isolated person...me... wondering what happened.

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Latin proverb: "The imagination exercises a powerful influence over every act of sense, thought, reason, over every idea."

Lets wait and see what the moderators say

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Member # 22022

Moderators...whats up?
zombie
Member # 23294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is very upsetting! GiGi and Nana have been v. helpful to me & others.

I hope this is just a mistake...

Posts: 88 | From Toronto | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post 
Much of the benefit that I have gotten from Lymenet has been directly from GiGi and her posts over the years. They have had a major impact on my direction and my understanding of this complex illness. I certainly hope that the reports of her banning are erroneous. I would like to understand more as to the why if this is true as well. Thanks

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope this is a mistake, I've found both ladies to be fine and caring individuals. Gigi has supplied soooooo much information to this site. She has greatly increased our understanding of this disease.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Give the mods a chance to speak!!! They never even said anything. Everyone's a bit too hectic right now!
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been having all sorts of problems getting onto this site today.

I guess you all ruled out technical problems, yes?

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's take it to the streets!
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I referred someone here from another lyme forum yesterday to sign up so he could go to "Seeking a Doctor". He said every time he tried to sign up with different names he couldn't get signed on. I pm'd sixgoofykids yesterday and asked her about it and haven't heard back from her. So, maybe the site is having tech problems??

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess seek is right -- we'll have to wait for the moderators, so it is just wait and see.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by canefan17:
Let's take it to the streets! [/QB]

[lol]

I think we're having technical difficulties. Dunno?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, we all need to step back and let the mods handle it. they do a great job and it's really unfair to start throwing stones at them when they haven't had a chance to work things out.

it just takes time.

but given that they have not been in anything near like what we experienced recently here, i bet it's just a bunch of gremlins.

please just let the mods do their jobs. we don't need to start another rebellion like the last time.

i'd hate to see another revolt. too many people can get hurt and we don't need that.

we've been doing very very well by the way.

so i'm real proud of all of us...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by randibear:
i'd hate to see another revolt.

I don't know any revolting people, do you? (Actually, I know a number of people who are revolting, but not on this site...) [Big Grin]

Think everything's okay, just ghosts in the machine... Nite, nite ya'll. Home to take my chlorella like a good A.I.'er. [hi]

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by randibear:
we've been doing very very well by the way.

so i'm real proud of all of us...

Amen to that!!

I have had problems opening threads and getting here today...off and on. Seems to be technical stuff.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had problems getting on this site today too.
Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dyna3495
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dyna3495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its probably just another False Negative
Posts: 160 | From Mid-east USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in touch with one of the moderators and was told that they would respond shortly. So let's just wait to see what they say.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol another false negative.

I am sure they will be back.

Most of us that have been here for a few years have been banned at one time or another, most times accidentally.

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a Facebook post from sixgoofykids

~ LYMENET members ~ As you know, I spilled soup on my computer so am using my kids' computer. I cannot get on LN until I get mine back. Please go to the banning thread and tell everyone that no one was banned and I can't answer PM's until I get my computer back. . Waiting to hear back from Jenifer ..... it's a technical problem.

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm back!

It was an error, I heard from Lou a little while ago. Got my IP number mixed up with someone elses.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Just hope it wasnt mixed with mine...LOL [Smile]

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This happened to me, I got mad as hell. . and it was just an IP mistake.

Next time, I won't worry.

: )

And my friend tried to sign up for MONTHS and couldn't because she technically has a curse word in her name.

Technology can be as goofy as a lyme brain, IMO.

Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably was supposed to be you Paul! You're such a trouble maker [Wink]
Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by steelbone:
This is a Facebook post from sixgoofykids

~ LYMENET members ~ As you know, I spilled soup on my computer

I c - it's a soupervision matter...oh broth-er...
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Cool] [Cool]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just came back and saw the post about technical difficulties. What a relief!

Robin -- you win the best pun award! "soupervision matter!"

Posts: 273 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

I suspect wormser tripped over a routing cable. The guy is such a klutz... [lol]

--------------------
Bob

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's souper news!
Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wiser, you missed one - oh broth -er

Ended up, I hubby bought me a new computer. Mine is trash. I have the flu, was a bit off balance and spilled a whole bowl of soup on it .... bummer!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

So six -- your former computer is now a can of soup. [lol]

You can still save the hard disk and any data on it. Just making sure you considered the possibility if you hadn't. It is also true for a laptop.

By the way, none of us will tell your husband that you really wanted a faster computer anyways. Right guys -- loose lips sink soup cans.

--------------------
Bob

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hubby said he'd try to take the hard drive somewhere to get the info off it. It's covered in soup. Kind of wish I dumped it on my daughter's computer, hers is almost ready to be replaced anyway.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh please, calm down and stop speculating about users being banned.

I was contacted by NanaDubo late this afternoon, investigated and resolved the problem and replied to her ... simply a "finger-check" by me when updating entries in our Ban List.

I just now checked out the mention of GiGi being banned ... UserName GiGi is not banned and has complete access to the LymeNet Flash, so the "report" appears to be unfounded.

So ... please stop speculating ... it is unwarranted and I don't like the accusations that the Moderator team or Administrators are taking a position based on main stream vs alternative treatments ... that has never been the case.

I will be moving this Topic to the Off Topic forum as it is certainly not a Medical Question.

If you have any other issues that you need a System Administrator to handle, please email me with the details ... [email protected]

Thanks and take care of you,

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lou - look what it takes to get you to post here again - we missed you!

souper news that gigi and nana weren't canned. 6, don't get the flu again...

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lou..

So good to see you!

And as you can see, lucky me, I didn't get banned ... yet!

[lol]

I did have problems getting on earlier though and I couldn't post ... but it didn't occur to me that I might be banned.

But then again, I know something the others here obviously don't know.

You gotta bribe the moderators with chocolate bars. It works like a charm!

Anyhow.... before they all give me a boot the size of Texas...

Thanks for fixing us back up! Much appreciated!

Hope you and yours are all doing well!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Lee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anna Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was out of town at a doctors appointment and did not see this post until this morning. In the future please notify moderators directly about your posting problems so someone can respond. Thank you. AL
Posts: 127 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement