LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » cat lovers....I have a question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cat lovers....I have a question
desertlily
Member # 13894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertlily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which do you think makes a better pet, a male cat or a female cat? I've somehow always had boys (just worked out that way) and I've heard that they are often more energetic and playful and can make better pets than the girls. Having never had a girl and now find myself thinking about getting another cat, I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the subject.

Tired of thinking about Lyme disease, this sounded more fun (come to think of it, having a root canal sounds like more fun, but I digress...). Anyway, I would love to hear from anyone, thanks!

--------------------
Susan

Posts: 80 | From Queen Creek, AZ | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
male cat. I find them to be more playful. I do have a female and she really just likes to be on her own.
My male cat loves to be loved and sleeps with us.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have both, 1 male and 2 female cats. All three have completely different personalities. All three were rescued and adopted.

My oldest cat is a male. He's so friendly and easy going. Loves to play. Loves to cuddle. If I sit on the couch, he's there, purring, trying his best to sneak his way onto my lap. He's also content to lay beside me when I'm reading. He will purr happily for hours on end. He will also sit with other family members but I'm his first choice. He's friendly with human visitors but does not like dog visitors.

My second cat is a female. She is very playful but likes to play by herself. She is also extremely friendly. Thinks that people come to visit her not me! She loves attention.

The third cat is also a female. She is most spoiled. She's the first to greet me when I walk in the door. She purrs loudly. She follows me everywhere and does not like to be left alone. She is the most playful. She's only about 3yrs old and my male is about 10yrs old now. The male absolutely loves to play with her, she makes him act like a kitten again. The older female ignores her playful invitations.

She also loves to play with me, her favorite game is fetch. She will bring me her toy of choice, I throw it, she runs to get it, and returns it to me! She's hilarious to watch.

She also sleeps with me in bed. This is a newer thing. My cats usually like to play hard at night so I would shut my bedroom door to keep them out. When I got sicker this past fall/winter, the younger cat started to cry at my door wanting in. She knew that I had been feeling terrible. So she cuddles up right next to me and purrs gently all night. I think that it is such a sweet gesture. When I wake in the middle of the night feeling bad, all I have to do is reach down and pet her. She gazes at me so lovingly it makes me feel better.

The young female cat does not like strangers. She will run and hide if anyone knocks on our door. I guess you could say, she saves her affection for me!

So Susan, do you have a cat right now? Males are usually most accepting of other cats. My male cat was thrilled when we took in the other females. The females can be picky. The older female of mine is dominant, she sometimes hisses or growls at the young female for no reason. Over time she has gotten more accepting of the younger one's presence.

All three of my cats are fixed. They are strictly indoor cats. I think that this is best for their health and mine. They can watch the birds and squirrels from the window. When they go outside they can get lost, hurt, and sick. You don't want them to bring bugs inside either.

Susan, you should go to the shelter or local pet rescue center and hold a couple cats/kittens. You will know which one (or two!) to take home with you.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you tell I love my pets [Smile]
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LabRat
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LabRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been my experience that a pair, a male and female, cats or dogs works out better than just one little critter. Of the two the male will usually be the most dominate or active, the one you'd miss the most if anything happened to him.

I've enjoyed bobtailed Manx cats the most followed closely with seal point Siamese. I've picked up cats from supermarket parking lots, vets, and shelters and discovered there was usually a reason why they were there. Your luck may be different.

Speaking of dogs, I find a pair of little Chihuahuas fits the bill for me. Here again the male will be the most engaging.

One time I had a big snowshoe cat (male) and a little female Chihuahua and they use to play for hours at a time.

I'm constantly amazed at the interaction I see between humans and animals. It seems we need something to take care of....I guess it doesn't hurt anything.

Posts: 1887 | From Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertlily
Member # 13894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertlily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, I sure can!! [Smile] That's ok, I totally understand!

I have two kitties right now, both boys. The oldest one is almost 14, I've had him since he was a kitten. He's one of those tuxedo looking cats. The other one is 2 and he's a Cornish Rex. Both were given to me by friends and family looking for homes for their kittens.

I know what you mean about cats being such a comfort. My oldest, PJ's was with me through all the really tough years, and he would just stay by my side while I was spending most of my time just lying in bed.

The younger guy, Oobi is the fun one. I never would have considered a Rex before my sister had them, but they are wonderful cats, full of love and personality. He follows me wherever I go, is extremely curious (we laugh that no matter what comes into the house, within seconds he's either in it or on it!).

He and PJ's are great friends, often cuddling together or playing together (when Oobi doesn't get on the older cat's nerves...he can be a bit much!) They look funny together: one long and thin, the other furry and a "bit" chubby.

Anyway, I would love to get another one, not sure when, I guess I was kind of looking ahead to the day when I won't have PJ's and I know Oobi would not be able to handle being an "onlie". I would love to get another cat now, actually if it were up to me, I'm not quite sure where I would stop! (just kidding, I think [Smile] )

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing about your sweet kitties, it's fun to hear about someone else's loved ones!

p.s I think it's awesome that your cat plays fetch! Oobi loves running after stuff, but that's it. If I was more diligent about training, I bet he might bring it back. ummm, maybe

--------------------
Susan

Posts: 80 | From Queen Creek, AZ | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertlily
Member # 13894

LabRat

I know there are different types of Siamese, which type do you have? I've also heard they can be real talkers! I'm interested in their personalities, because I've always been kind of interested in having one. I like the look of the thinner ones, but not the super thin ones, the ones I've heard have multiple health problems.

My sister has a teacup chihuahua and a house full of cats and the chi loves playing with the cats, it's cute to watch. The dominant female cat likes to get a hold of her and "force" groom her. She gets docile and puts up with it, but the look on her face is hysterical!

--------------------
Susan

sammy
Member # 13952

Hi Susan,

I had a Siamese cat (seal point) when I was a kid. He was so beautiful, thin but not bony, with stunning blue eyes.

For several years he was our only cat but he got along well with all of our other pets (dog, rabbits, hamster, guinea pig, and birds).

He was very playful and vocal. He loved both my sister and I equally. I've been told that this is unusual because Siamese are often "one person" cats.

When the Siamese was about 4yrs old we adopted two stray kittens. He was thrilled to have them! He bathed them, played with them, would even let them eat before he did. He was a great cat.

Susan, when you get a kitten don't forget to come back and post a picture for us!

TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TnFlowerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Desertlily,

As the current servant to the household of cats that allow me to reside with them, I thoroughly agree with everything Sammy has said!!!

All of mine have different personalities - boys and girls - some friendly, some stand-off-ish, and some down right bossy! (must have some Siamese in him [Smile] !!!)

Love my critters too - don't know what I'd do without them!

But it is true, "Dogs have people, cats have staff!"

Head count - 4 dogs and 11 cats (not counting the outside strays that come over to eat!) - all fixed and Happy!

I'll try to post a picture...

Posts: 238 | From Jackson, TN | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertlily
Member # 13894

FlowerChild,

Eleven cats?!!! I would love to see a picture! My son and his wife were just in Tennessee a week ago, thinking about moving there, near Knoxville I believe. How do you like living there?

--------------------
Susan

desertlily
Member # 13894

Sammy, that "Meezer" sounds like he was a wonderful cat! (I think that's the cutest nickname for a breed!)

I don't have a clue how to post pictures on here, I'll have to see if my husband knows how. (I'm only partially computer literate [Smile]

On another topic, has anyone read "Making Rounds with Oscar" by David Dosa MD? My mom just gave it to me and it's about a cat that lived in this nursing home and would be able to tell when a patient was getting ready to die and would lay on their bed with them through the end. It sounds kind of morbid, but actually it isn't.

Anyway, at the beginning of each chapter he has a quote or some saying about cats and they are often funny, so true or both.

For example, "The real measure of day's heat is the length of a sleeping cat." Charles J. Brady

"Cats always know whether people like or dislike them. They do not always care enough to do anything about it." Winifred Carriere

and last - my favorite so far -

"A cat is always on the wrong side of a door" Anonymous

--------------------
Susan

LabRat
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LabRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Desertlily, our present cat is just an old ginger tom, one of seven born under our bed from a little female we rescued from our farm. Just as soon as she weaned them, she ****ed off and went to live as a gardening buddy to our old neighbor next door leaving us to find homes for her offspring's. We kept two but one got ironed out.

What you feed your little friends has more to do with their health than anything. Those little high priced cans of fancy feast will give your cat kidney stones in a very short time frame. Happen to me twice before a vet clued me in. I don't care how slick the commercial is, any dry food that can lay around a warehouse for a couple of months, then lay around your house another month, can't be all that good for you. Canned mackerel is really good for your cat or raw hamburger, we cook beef and chicken livers for our little ones, cats and dogs and they always get a bit of roast or steak from our plate. It's a bit annoying as the more expensive the cut the more aggressive they are! I mean they'll really embarrass you for just offering scraps!

I've had seal point and blue point that worked really well for me. Truth be known, probably any cat can become your favorite. I think you have to offer the interaction you want and watch for the interaction they seem to want. Case in point, back in 1970 I worked till midnight and then came home and studied till sunup for my commercial pilot license then went to bed. Before I was allowed to study, I would have to go through old son's fur, picking fleas. This was before flea combs or flea medication, you know, stone age and all that! Took about thirty minutes for a lick and a promise on each cat, if you do one, you have to do both! It became pretty much written in stone, no fleas-no study! Son would walk around on the books then just fling himself across them and wait.

So I was a cat person till we got into Chihuahuas, anything you can bathe in the kitchen sink has got to be ok! I find I rather enjoy one scabbed on to each side as I drift off to sleep. Doesn't everybody sleep with their Chihuahua?

Posts: 1887 | From Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TnFlowerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I'm just too computer "stupid" to figure out how to get pictures on here! Help anyone?? They would be in "My Pictures."

Desertlily,
Knoxville is nice! East TN is beautiful with the mountains and all!

I was born & raised in West Texas (El Paso) - and as much as I love the desert, I could never go back! I love my green and trees too much!

Just don't sit still long or you'll grow moss (or mold) and the bugs.... ooohh we wont go there!

LabRat,
I guess Chihuahuas are easier to sleep with than the two Basset Hounds on the twin bed... long story... let's not go there! [dizzy]

Posts: 238 | From Jackson, TN | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertlily
Member # 13894

TnFlowerChild,

Back in the '90's we lived in New Mexico not far from El Paso (well, it was about 3 hrs. away, but it was the closest airport and big malls, so we would go there for Christmas shopping and back to school shopping, etc.) We lived in Silver City, ever here of it? Small town, southwest New Mexico up in the high desert, we would get snow in the winter, but not too much, fairly mild summers (compared to Phoenix, which is where I live now!!!!)

While we lived there my youngest son wanted a puppy, so we went to the animal shelter and he picked out a cute little thing, looked like sort of a german shepherd mutt type. Anyway, as it grew up, it became apparent that it's parentage probably included coyote. As she grew the resemblance became very clear, and try as we might we could not keep her close to home.

Then unfortunately she started going to the neighbors and eating their prized chickens. Finally since we weren't able to train her, and we couldn't keep her penned up (it didn't seem fair to her, plus she would climb out) we took her back to the shelter. I felt so bad, but since then we haven't gotten a dog, stayed with cats.

Don't know why I got off on that tangent...

--------------------
Susan

sammy
Member # 13952

TnFlowerChild, I'm not computer savy either but I wish I was. Hopefully someone will be able to tell you how to post a picture here. I'd like to see your whole gang [Smile]

Susan, I can't believe you accidentally adopted a coyote pup! That's so funny, sounds like something I would do. We have lots of coyote around here. You can hear them calling to each other at night, especially in the summer.

Some friends of mine have a mutt dog (part terrier, part who knows what!) that likes to play with they coyotes that live in the fields behind their house. Their dog is medium sized, I would guess around 50lbs, not big. I guess big enough that the coyotes didn't want to eat him.

TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Desertlily,
Sure do know Silver City! My Aunt used to live there - just moved to 'Cruces (Las Cruces, NM)!

Summers when my brother & I were kids, she lived in Hanover (mining family compound)- outside of Silver- we would spend time with her and have run of the hills. Wonderful memories.

Did you know the herbalist Stephen Buhner lives in Silver City? What I would give for an hour or two with him!!!

And... a (part) COYOTE pup??!!!?? You'd think the shelter would know better, but....

We have them around here and they really are getting to be quite a nuisance. I will not let my cats out because of them! 60% of their diet is housecats - not good! [Eek!]

Sammy, I still haven't figured out the pictures yet... somewhere someone posted an explaination, but I can't find it. And I'm too depressed to look....

I've been keeping up with Lily the Black Bear (at bear.org) since the January den cam when she gave birth to a little one known as Hope, well... not real good developments as of late....

Lily and Hope have gotten seperated (this is now the second time) and it isn't looking good for Hope. They have over 98,000 fans on Facebook and everyone is getting frantic looking/praying for her.

It is really getting me depressed (or is this just on top of a flare up?). I just can't stand the thought of a helpless baby animal going hungry, etc...

Sorry... I don't want to bring anyone else down, but it is really bothering me. This kind of stuff is a real trigger for my depression. I got to go hug my critters!!!!! [group hug]

Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boy or girl kittie?? love them both but for some reason have always ended up with girls. boys seem to have more ]spunk' somehow and I like that. love them all
Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertlily
Member # 13894

My sister and I were talking the other day about cat households (my mom just moved in with her and brought 2 MORE cats - female. She already has 3 - 2 boys and a girl and one female chihuahua).

Anyways, it's been quite an adjustment, especially with her oldest boy kitty, who is a white Cornish Rex. I love Rexes, I HAVE a Rex and I love Joey (his name), but this cat LOOKS like an alien, and to new cats in the house, well, we believe they have a name for him...DEMON CAT!! He would absolutely come unglued if either of the new cats even dared to breathe the air from underneath the door of the bedroom where they were being kept. Oh, and he would know, because he would sit, keeping watch, for hours and hours at a time...even in the middle of the night. (Scared the crap out of my mom a couple of times!)

Anyway, after much time and patience, everybody is happy and relaxed and we have learned that they actually make collars for cats that have something in them (kitty valium?) that really helps mellow them out (did wonders for Joey!)

Which got us talking about why cats behave the way they do, and she said something that got me wondering if it was true or not, maybe some of you might know. She said that once cats are spayed or neutered (especially if done at a young age) then they are essentially "its" and don't have male or female behaviors.

It still seems to me though, that their personalities are different, I still think there is somewhat a difference between the genders, even though each cat is unique.

Well, enough for one night...thanks everyone!

--------------------
Susan

TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Hey guys... sorry for the depressing talk the other day - bumped up my 5-HTP and doing lots better!

Update on Hope (bear cub) - all alone and actually doing great! Biologists are keeping an eye on her and helping to supplement food.

Susan - I don't know about that statement about "its" - my spayed female (one of them)was very nurturing to some kittens that I ended up with, more so than the males - and she never had kittens!??!!

All 11 of mine are unique in their peronalities - but 3 of the siblings are the most similar in most ways - 2 males & 1 female?? Go figure... [confused]

sammy
Member # 13952

All of my cats were fixed when they were still young. My current male was the oldest, we adopted him when he was about 9mo old. We found my two female cats when they were 4 and 6mo old.

They all have had unique personalities that did not noticeably change after we got them fixed. They have changed more over the years as we've grown to know and love them.

They all have different roles in the household hierarchy which fit their individual personalities. For example: The boy (oldest) is the protector. He does not like it when something upsets his girls or his people! He will fight to defend us (especially if threatened by a visiting dog [Smile]

The older girl cat is the dominant female. She is the queen, in charge over everyone. She wants looked at first, she wants fed first, she plays only when she wants.

The younger female is the princess. Older girl enjoys her company when she wants, gets annoyed if she's too playful. Older boy loves her dearly. Treats her like his baby sister. He will let her eat before or with him. He's always willing to play with her. If she is lonely, she will cry pitifully and he will come to her to see what's going on.

Over the years, I've had 2 male cats with very similar personalities. I've had 5 females, each with very different personalities.

From what I have observed, having the cat's fixed at a young age seems to help improve human bonding. Cats that are not fixed want outside all the time. When the females are in heat, they will do anything to get out and they don't want anything to do with you.

I had a friend with unfixed, indoor/outdoor cats. She loved them dearly, raised them from kittens, but they had much less interest in her.

desertlily
Member # 13894

Yeah, I'm not sure about the whole "it" thing either. I think what changes, of course, after they're fixed, as you said, Sammy is they are more content and wanting to bond, since they don't have biology pushing to get them out there to procreate.

My sister's female cat is the oldest and is most definitely the boss in that house. She also is cute in that she'll find some stuffed mouse or something similar and start making this strange meow, not her normal. She won't stop until someone acknowledges her and what she's found and gives her a lot of praise and love. We figure she's found her "kill" and is trying to provide for us.

TnFlowerChild - Glad to see your feeling better!! Glad Hope is doing good too. Please don't feel bad about sharing your feelings and ups and downs, sure do know how you feel.

Back to New Mexico - I know where Hanover is, we always drove by there on our way to Deming and of course, on to Las Cruces, if we were heading out that far. I remember those big smoke stacks or whatever they were.

I used to work at Gila Regional Medical Center, I don't know if you remember the hospital or not (heck, I don't even know how OLD the hospital is!) It used to be in that old building closer to town, but it moved and is next to Silver High School. The old building was never torn down, and it remained a big old eyesore!

--------------------
Susan

Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in our house the saying 'dogs have masters, cats have staff' sounds like it might apply in some of your households too !
Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LabRat
Member # 78

Received this in my mail, you'll say awwwww!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAveMThLoxo

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
our male cat is much friendlier than our female. He is a lover, not a fighter! Well, as much as a neutered cat can be a lover..LOL!

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertlily
Member # 13894

kidsgotlyme - That seems to be the consensus from what I can tell, not sure why it is, and of course there are always exceptions to the rule.

--------------------
Susan

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertlily:
Which do you think makes a better pet, a male cat or a female cat?

Hi, all.
These are the generalizations i've experienced:

Neutered male cat is most affectionate & approachable, as a pet. Great in a large family IF procured as a kitten and trained well early.

Female is more independent and more of a huntress, but bonds strongly with one member of a household.

Pets are hearts with fur.
Smile

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LabRat, [hi]
That was great for joyful LOL! I smiled till my achin' Lymie face hurt even more. (Does that count as my exercise today?)

Thanks for perking up my night. [kiss]

Laughter is the best medicine,
and pets are the best organic supplements...
Smile

SEE THIS brief cheery video:
quote:
Originally posted by LabRat:
Received this in my mail, you'll say awwwww!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAveMThLoxo

lotus26
Member # 26556

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lotus26     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a girl cat and a boy cat. delylah and mowgli. the male is sooooo playful and affecionate, everytime i lay down he run and jumps on me to lay with me. my girl cat likes to make you chase her. she's playful too, much more mischevious (without being so obvious like the boy cat).

cats make wonderful pets. i had a dog all my childhood and got two kittens sort of my mistake and they are my life. they've helped me through some hard times. [Smile] they always make me smile. make sure you spoil them! get two if you can they love to play and pounce on each other. if you plan to keep them indoor two lets them keep their hunting instincts sharp.

Posts: 62 | From Perth Amboy NJ | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertlily
Member # 13894

Remember to Smile

Your description of the female is perfect I think, from what I've observed of my sister's girl kitty. She's quite the huntress as I had mentioned earlier (none of the boys are) and she is in LOVE with her husband. She's all over him as soon as he walks into the house, and of course she's his princess and he spoils her like crazy!

Right now with it being summer, we're starting to get the occasional stray bug in the house (usually crickets) and it's a great source of entertainment for my two guys. I love how they'll go after them, and then turn around and act like they're not even interested, this bored look on their faces, and then go in for the kill! The one thing about crickets though, they won't eat their legs, so I'm always finding cricket legs lying around, yuck!

lotus26 - what kind of cats do you have? I picture Mowgli either being black or a dark grey, am I close? I have a 13 year old Tuxedo and a 2 year old Cornish Rex who is also black and white. I think the younger one helps to keep the other one active (who sure needs it, he's a little "fluffy"). Actually if you look at him from above he looks like a normal sized cat, but he has this big underbelly that swings back and forth when he runs.

--------------------
Susan

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
desertlily,
My cat did the same thing: No cricket legs!

I often call my rescue spaniel "cat-dog" when she repeatedly hunts like a feline. But she'll eat the whole cricket (or fly, ant, spider, junebug...).

I miss my cat, but will wait 'til i get further along in my healing before adding more responsibilities.

desertlily
Member # 13894

Remember to Smile,
I think dogs are so funny when they're trying to catch flies, their mouths biting at the air! You say your dog hunts like a feline, does she sneak up on them and pounce? [Smile]

It's funny that you call your spaniel "cat-dog", that's what I call my Rex!! Or my "little puppy". Only it's because he looks and acts like a cross between the two. He runs to the door when I come home, with his tail wagging. He follows me around from room to room, almost always wanting to be near. If he's off in another room and realizes he's alone, he starts this HOWLING and I have to call out, "in here, Oobi" and out he'll trot, and come get in the middle of whatever we're doing (that's the cat part!).

--------------------
Susan

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement