LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » What's your favorite product???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's your favorite product???
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For cleaning, bathing, haircare, skincare.... Whatever!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Reach Total Care dental floss .. Stretchy floss very easy to use. Love it!

Herbal Essences hair spray and mousse.

Aubrey Organics shampoo.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cordor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hersheys' Chocolate Bar with Almonds (I wish)

--------------------
Corinne

Posts: 529 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clorox wipes. My electric broom. Swiffer dusters. Windex wipes. Paper plates and plastic cups. Those are a must. Anything that makes cleaning house easier. Of course a MAID would make it easier! Im actually considering finding one. And those face cleansing towelettes! Great for removing make up. When i bother putting any on that is. And my razor that has soap around the blades. Makes it easier to keep up with shaving. [Smile]
Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite things is real lavender oil. I don't know what I did without it.

I put it in my bath water, put it on my pillow at night, I even clean with it sometimes.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

cordor!! [lol]

ANY chocolate is OK by me!!

Misfit... I just recently bought one of those "Venus Embrace" razors. I'm more impressed than I thought I would be! Nice!

kids.. I like lavender too. Nice and fresh!

How about .. UDI's gluten free whole grain bread? good stuff!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

manderson7185
Member # 27787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manderson7185     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Udi's gluten free bread is by far the best gf product I have found. And that includes trying to make homemade gf bread! (although I do have a great recipe for gf Irish soda bread)

--------------------
June 2009: Lyme IGM 23 and 39 positive, Titer 1.12.
September 2010: Rediagnosed with Lyme as well as Babesia coinfection.

Posts: 27 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thejoje
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thejoje   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manderson,
You must immediately share that recipe or face the consequences.

--------------------
When we are no longer able to change a situation---we are challenged to change ourselves.
(Viktor Frankl- Holocaust survivor)

Posts: 460 | From Maine | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Id be interested in eyeballing that recipe myself! Thanks for the memory jog tutu...i forget everything these days. And if were having chocolate..sign me up! I dont have any cos walmarts been out so i dont know the brand but they sell cocoa almonds that have 1 bitty gram of sugar per serving. Theyre in 100 calorie snack bags but theyre great for a chocolate fix!
Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

joje! [lol]

misfit.. hope that chocolate comes in soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love DOVE WHITE soap!

I think I am going to start eating it too

Paul

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Walmart finally had them...theyre Emerald brand cocoa roast almonds. They only problem is they come in those 100 calorie packs. And theyre kinda pricey imho. But DH loves them and usually just eats the whole box lol!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Misfit.. I haven't heard of those.. Maybe I shouldn't check it out!? [lol]

Dove.. yeah, that's good!

I like Softsoap body wash or Caress. I may order a safer organic brand next month. Vitacost has some at reasonable prices.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

If you can stop at one bag... [Smile] And paul must be getting desperate if hes eyeballing the soap as something to eat!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah, I knew a kid who used to eat dirt. I think Paul is getting pretty hungry over there!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my steam mop
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Ive wanted to get one of those steam mops but someone said you cant use them on hardwood floors...no matter what they say. Id really like to have one tho!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Maybe the chemicals would ruin the wood? or the steam would dry it out??

OH.. favorite brewed tea....

CAIN'S .. can only be found in certain stores .. Love it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Omg you brought me to my knees with the cains iced tea. I havent had that in MONTHS. All the cafes here use cains. And someone told me that the steam from the mops warps the wood. Made me afraid to try one.
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cordor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh and Progresso Black Bean soup over brown rice.

--------------------
Corinne

Posts: 529 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

AND chocolate

--------------------
Corinne

Lymetoo
Member # 743

YES... and chocolate!! [Big Grin]

Misfit.. that is where I found out about Cain's.. not in OK.. but in a restaurant somewhere. The tea was so good, I asked what the brand was. Now I'm HOOKED!!

Like a true Texan, I can have iced tea in the dead of a Missouri winter! [lick]

---wait a minute--- What's a "true Texan" doing in MO?? [shake]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Tutu...probably the same thing a TRUE TEXAN is doing in okla lol! You can take the girl outta texas but you cant take the texas outta the girl. We texans are a proud of our state bunch huh? And if were having chocolate would someone please pass me some??
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Misfit:
You can take the girl outta texas but you cant take the texas outta the girl.

I'm so lame, I have a T shirt that says that!! [Razz] [Big Grin]

Where were you born?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

manderson7185
Member # 27787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manderson7185     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regards to recipe for Irish soda bread, I sent via PM to those who requested it. It's from "1,000 Gluten free Recipes" by Carol Fenster. This recipe is GF, but is not low yeast due to sorghum flour. If anyone else is interested, I can send recipe - Just let me know.

--------------------
June 2009: Lyme IGM 23 and 39 positive, Titer 1.12.
September 2010: Rediagnosed with Lyme as well as Babesia coinfection.

Posts: 27 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

I was born in san antonio. The old brooke army medical center. And manderson..thank you for the recipe! It sounds delish and like something fun to make with my daughters. I cant talk them into a homemade tamale making party...maybe theyll make bread with me!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OOOO, tamales!!!!! [lick] [lick]

I'll PM you manderson! Is the recipe easy and not 100 ingredients??? If it goes past 4 ingredients, I'm out!! [Big Grin] [lol]

misfit... I was born in Houston.

[ 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garlic Salt

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

[lol] Really?? me too .. McCormick's

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Bare Minerals makeup. It actually IS what it promises to be.

I'm an "ivory girl" (actually Dove), not a makeup wearer, but when I do get dressed up or made up I now have something that doesn't feel thick and heavy or irritate my skin.

Love the Reach dental floss - also Glide floss,

Chocolate of course (I'm not crazy),

Granulated garlic (good flavor, easy prep)

Spinach (I could eat it at every meal!),

Jordan Almonds!!! (my house is "nut free" so a rare treat),

Haven't gotten around to trying the Dove soap yet, I'll take Paul's word for it!

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
swiffer wetjet spray cleaner (i know, i know)
my 65 inch high def tv set
netflix
signature club a makeup from hsn
mexican food
indian food (especially chicken curry)
ranch in wyoming
texas roadhouse filet mignon
turtles (the chocolate kind with pecans)
yellowstone park
2010 camaro

ooops, sorry, got carried away, you said products..

well all those things make me happy.

and gerard butler.

hehehhe

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Honda Accord

Anything from LL Bean!

Coach bags (the old style-GOOD leather ones)

Clark's clogs

Dove soap & Olay face cream

Bounty paper towels

Talbot's (when on sale!!)

--------------------
Corinne

cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

oh and Beagles and Daschunds

--------------------
Corinne

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh i forgot, labrador dogs....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wet Ones singles (individually wrapped)

Gold Bold Ultimate lotion works great for dry chapped hands in the winter

Mary Kay Nourishine Lip Gloss is the best lip product I have ever used

Preference by L'oreal

Bath and Body Works Antibacterial pump hand soaps in soooo many great scents (I love to give several of these as hostess gifts)

Garlic Grilled Jumbo Shrimp at Red Lobster

Filet Mignon

Scalloped Potatoes

Pasta Bolognese in Little Italy NYC

Chocolate would be #1 but I can't eat it so I almost didn't mention it

Target

Kohl's

Toastitoes Footwarmers when it is necessary to be outside for long periods in the winter

Whey protein shakes made with fresh strawberries and bananas

Seventh Generation bathroom cleaner

Tresemme non-aerosol hair spray

[ 10-04-2010, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Dekrator48 ]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Avalon Organics Lemon Shower Gel - and their Lemon shampoo.

No artificial ingredients, no fake scents, just lemon oil - no petroleum products (as are in most shampoos and soaps).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH YES!! Kohl's!!

Is "Border Collie" a "brand?" [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

thejoje
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thejoje   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My #1:

San Pellegrino Sparkling Mineral Water. It tastes best if you drink it directly from the bottle at a 30 degree angle from your face.

--------------------
When we are no longer able to change a situation---we are challenged to change ourselves.
(Viktor Frankl- Holocaust survivor)

Posts: 460 | From Maine | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
novy
Member # 25987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for novy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coffee!
wood clogs
muckluk slippers
airwalk footwear: the cheap ones from payless
jeans: levi's/converse
my old quicksilver hoodie
old thin t-shirts
vintage flannel shirts
fun, comfortable dresses just to wear around the house
cotton dishtowels from dollar tree
wigwam ragwool socks
seventh generation products
body fantasies cotton candy body spray
pyrex, fire king, and anchor hocking glassware stuff
trader joe's seaweed snack things
homogenized but not pasteurized whole milk in glass bottles
fage yogurt
arrowhead mills puffed corn
grits!

Posts: 94 | From shaker heights, ohio | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of good stuff. I will be back when I have the strength to get up and get the new shampoo and conditioner I got that I finally like after trying many other non toxic shampoo's.

And to read more of what others wrote.

Still trying to find a non toxic laundry soap that actually takes the stains out. And non toxic dishwasher soap.

I do enjoy starbucks fraps vanilla in the bottle not from the coffee shop now and then but with the cooler temps need to find a good warm drink.

Haven't found a hot chocolate that works yet with no or limited sugar.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before lyme when I could afford it, I like chenille robes...floor length

Karen nuerberg (sp) flannel pj's

Lancome and clinique make up...I know i used one brand for lipstick ,et cand the other for mascara, liner blush, etc but can't recall now which one was for which.

Can't recall the name of the purse I used but they were back friendly and leather

I liked my boyfriends back clothes and democracy

Oops...I think this was supposed to be cleaning products?? Sorry, got side tracked.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Back to cleaning products...etc I like the dry brush I use...someone here on lymenet recommended it

AFter trying many that the handle fell off of this one has been great and lasted a long time

I'll be back with the name of it too.

novy
Member # 25987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for novy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam, what do you mean by back clothes and democracy? [Wink]
Posts: 94 | From shaker heights, ohio | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
novy
Member # 25987

board games!!! how could i forget???

history of the world
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/224/history-of-the-world

memoir 44
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/10630/memoir-44

settlers of catan
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/13/the-settlers-of-catan

agricola
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31260/agricola

oregon
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31497/oregon

tobago
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/42215/tobago

age of discovery
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/27165/age-of-discovery

nacho loco
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/27674/nacho-loco

and backgammon ...

kam
Member # 3410

Novy

My Boyfriends BAck is a name of a company that two ladies started in their garage and it went big.

Don't know if they are still in business or not. But, had free flowing skirts and matching jackets.

I still have the skirts but can't wear them in the power chair...the wheels catch them and rip them at the seams.

Democracy is also a name of a company that had quality clothing. Soft cotton pants that went well with My Boyfriends Back jackets!

Don't know if they are still in business or not.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

This is a good list of goodies!!

Dekrator.. I like your list.. but please take out all the non-gluten free items I can't eat!! [Wink] [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

OK Just got done taking my sit down shower.

Shampoo and Conditioner I am currently using is Desert Essence Organic Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner

I most likely will purchase it again depending on cost.

Body wash is Avalon Organics Bath and Shower Gel Lavender

it is lasting a long time

Toothpaste is Nature's Gate

OK brain is going

I have a non toxic deorderant but don't like it..I have tried several and have yet to find one I like so will be checking what others are using later.

INEBG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INEBG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ipod

droid

chenille robe

p o o d l e s!

Posts: 212 | From San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MysteryGirl44
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybelline Full & Soft mascara
Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lip gloss
Nicole by OPI nail polish
Biolage hair products

--------------------
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."

www.myspace.com/lymediseaseawareness

Posts: 514 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

My old huss (my cat) who follows me everywhere and sleeps by my feet at nite. I cant stand to have my feet covered so he keeps them warm. Rubbing his fur is relaxing too. Does that make him a product? [Smile]
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Revlon's Fabulash mascara.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chia seeds added to my protein shakes, etc.

Sunglasses that have gray lenses and are not oversized

Chapstick, original

Mr Clean Magic Erasers

Waterpik Waterflosser Ultra

Glass Plus

Cardigan sweaters

Trouser jeans

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shu Uemura Velvet shampoo- but that is a luxury item.

Bounty Paper Towels

My EVO 4 G phone

Shrimp chips - but those have gluten, boo.

Fermented soy beans and rice. Yes it's stinky and sticky- an acquired taste but so good for you and is filling.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any "scent-free laundry detergent

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Amen, Steve!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement