LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Support.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Lyme Poetry

Author Topic: Lyme Poetry
Toboein
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toboein     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to share a poem I had written last year about my Lyme. It was for a small poetry project in school and I just thought I would share it with you guys. Thanks!

im no poet, keep in mind. [Big Grin]

"Your Blood and Me, I Bind"

i am hiding in your blood
i am deep within your head
when you feel my true wrath
you will be wishing yourself dead

i may cause you panic
you may call me lyme
i will come with all my vengance
your blood and me, i bind

i am the blurring in your vision
the buzzing in your ear
i am the taste of blood in your mouth
i am all the thoughts you fear

i can make your blood run cold
i can make your knees creak
i can make you feel dizzy
i can make it hard to speak

i am what keeps you up at night
i am what makes you sleep all day
i am what makes your head pound
you are nothing but my prey

i will show you no mercy
as i take away your mind
your life, your plans, your health
your blood and me, i bind

ill take away your sight
ill take away your sense of smell
ill take away your steady hands
for i am something straight from hell

your friends will call you crazy
your doctor will call it stress
you might come off as lazy
as your life becomes a mess

when you finally find a way
to stop me in my path
i will not be taken quietly
youll deal with my aftermath

you may have slipped away
from my fury come this time
but i will be no stranger to you
for, your blood and me, i bind.

[ 01-06-2011, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Toboein ]

--------------------
A tiny bug no bigger than a pimple on your butt can change your life.

Posts: 101 | From Southern NJ | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
You are a poet and that is powerful. Brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks for sharing it, Toboein.

I think it would do well with a wider audience, too. You may wish to consider offering this poem as a public education tool to LDA based in NJ or Turn the Corner (TTC) Foundation. May be useful on a patient advocacy website or mailed to senators...

Consider how you would like to be credited if others can share this poem. ("By Toboein of NJ" or otherwise?)

I urge you to write more!

On the flipside, think of personal empowerment. These pathogens are parasites, they cannot live without you. They are "takers" but you, sharing of yourself, are "a giver."

In a post last year, Keebler encouraged me to talk about my LD infections with less emotion and more detachment. It's healing to move beyond the battle to an easier place, a calmer place where you make wise choices. Try to say, "I have a cosmopolitan parasite" (Babesia!) in the same tone you'd use to say, "I have cayenne pepper" or "I have tee shirts."

Does that make sense to you?

Thanks again for sharing your talent.
Best wishes,
Smile

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toboein
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toboein     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you!
i wouldnt mind have no credit in sharing this. how would i share it?

i know what you are saying about detachment, i have lyme, it doesnt have me. but im having a horrible time looking past it now. i feel like they have taken me hostage and my life is over at the young age of 24. i cant work, i lost myapartment, im back home with family. i cant even go out and enjoy one night with friends. these bugs have ruined my lfie and i feel like giving up all the time. im trying so hard and getting nowhere. i havent tried everything though, so im banking on that.

--------------------
A tiny bug no bigger than a pimple on your butt can change your life.

Posts: 101 | From Southern NJ | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may not be a poet according to you, but indeed you are talented. This is a very good educational tool. Keep going, the lymies of the world need you.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Toboein.
SO sorry CLD is impacting you terribly hard right now. I understand how it can seem to ruin everything. Major downer to return to the nest in pain just when you're ready to enjoy the freedom of young adulthood. SO sucks.

There aren't adequate words. But I empathize.

Keep banking on trying all tx options!

And it's a blessing you can still keyboard!

TTC Foundation site has a "Living with Lyme" page. Maybe they would post Lyme patients' experiences? They may wish to post your poem!
http://www.turnthecorner.org/content/living-lyme

I've heard there's a support group in NYC for young adults with CLD. Maybe you can make connections there? It may seem so far off now, but since you're in treatment with a LLMD, you will get better! And most of those who've experienced debilitating chronic disease are more understanding and more humane for the experience. You'll be more marketable and desirable when the rest of the USA wakes up.

There is scientific evidence that our thoughts have power. Your body responds to every thought you think. I hope you envision yourself the victor. The LD pathogens are just nasty squatters and you are the wise landlord bringing healing...

A therapeutic writing exercise is to write a dialogue with a body part that causes pain. Get blank paper. Ask your neck for example (in writing) why it hurts, what it needs, etc. Wait for the answer to come from within, then continue the dialogue. Reveals a lot about sources of dis-ease.

Wishing you all the best!
Smile

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
moving to general support

(nice poem)

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement