LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » French bulldogs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: French bulldogs
penguingirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any experience with this breed?

I just think they are so cute and great for small city living..

NOT looking to get one anytime soon - gotta get this whole lyme and co-infections taken care of first, of course.. but I have been looking at pictures/videos of them as a fun distraction.

I wonder if they bark loudly. I know they are prone to bad health and farting.. and chasing mice (???) please no - I do not want to wake up with a dead mouse on my pillow.. I would prob throw the doggie away if he/she ever did that to me, no joke, I am soo fearful of mice.. [Frown]

Anyway any input would be appreciated!!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh - and I have never had a dog in my life.

Would have to get a white one so I can see ticks easily.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennie08
Member # 17351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennie08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My aunt and uncle have two french bulldogs. They are absolutely adorable. I haven't spent a lot of time with them to know to much about the barking/farting, but I do know that I would consider one if I was looking for a dog. They are so sweet, fun, and full of energy.

I'm more of a cat person, though -- a lot less maintenance, I think.

Posts: 45 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they bark a lot. My niece has one. It's a cute lively dog but a pretty good lap dog too.

They are expensive.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Ok - well hopefully they don't cost as much as a Tibetan Mastiff.. haha

--------------------
 -

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know.. they're either $1000 or $2000 .. can't remember.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frenchies are so cute! I hear that they can have some health issues though. I have a Pug, and I ABSOLUTELY love him.. Pugs can be prone to health issues, too. It's important that you get your baby from a reputable person.
I have also heard that they are expensive. But yes, SO cute.

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Yes I have a picture of a Frenchie I found on the internet (a whitish/fawn color) on my computer desktop. It's not even my dog, how pathetic is that? I even put it on my work laptop desktop.. haha. It is SOMEONE's frenchie.. if that owner only knew..

Anyway I have a lot of researching to do before I make any purchases... but it is a nice motivation to get healthy again.. for I can't even think about having a dog right now, let alone a puppy.

I dont' even know what is considered expensive in the dog breed world. I guess $1500 ish is not cheap esp for a pet. But then I have heard of other breeds costing at least $10K.

The Tibetan mastiff in the US can be at least $100K.

In China, the most expensive once was sold for the USD equivalent $582K. !!!

I have to find a frenchie breeder to ask more questions on this breed- I know they are hard to breed because they can't mate on their own since they are top heavy and then the female ones need c-sections usually which explains the pricier cost.

When/if I do get one I will have to let you guys know!

--------------------
 -

Lymetoo
Member # 743

"I have to find a frenchie breeder to ask more questions on this breed- I know they are hard to breed because they can't mate on their own since they are top heavy and then the female ones need c-sections usually which explains the pricier cost."

-
Exactly. That is what my niece told me. She's a vet.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement