LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » I'm going to a conference in MA. need to rent a house or cottage, very poor! any idea

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm going to a conference in MA. need to rent a house or cottage, very poor! any idea
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 5 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to a conference in MA.

I haven't travelled much in my life.

I would like to visit the most beautiful spots that are within an hour or two from Worcester, MA.

Or that are within an hour or two from Boston.

I am not sure what will be the cheapest flights, hotels and car rentals.

I need all the advice I can get.

I am taking my husband and child along, so it may get very expensive.

I need tips and lots of help planning.

We would like to make a little vacation of it, and could make it a one or two or even three week trip of it.

We could also rent a house or cottage from someone here if they would like, but we are so poor from dealing with and treating Lyme, for all three of us!!!

WE need all things cheap, but would love to have a much needed vacation.

I see that it is near the ocean, and have only been near the ocean once in my life, for only one hour.

Where should I go?

What do you reccomend?

I know that so many people here are generous with even their advice. You all have great ideas, have great friends and families.

We would love to rent a tiny cottage on the ocean. We need somewhere secluded and very private, so that I have no added stress.

Thanks for any and all the help.

We would even do some work while we were renting the cottage, or if we could get it for free, we would spring clean or something!

I used to be a maid, and my customers said I was the best cleaner that they ever had.

We only need a one bedroom cottage, and it could be as little as 300 sqauare feet. We could live in a shed if we had too.

I just don't like being in a tent, and don't want to be exposed to ticks!

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have any tips and ideas on getting a free or cheap flight?

We are going because we have to see our LLMD at the same time.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google

cheap tickets

cheap vacations

cheap resorts etc.

You can even do it for which state you want. Good Luck, and hope you have a great vacation!,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say stay away from Boston (expensive) and stay west of Worcester, somwhere in Western, MA. $ will go a lot further there, maybe somewhere around Amherst, MA.

I'm not familiar with that area so sorry I can't be more helpful but I would just be near Worcester or west of that (Worcester might have trouble finding housing though).

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know you had a child, missing!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant my daughter, she is my child.

Did it sound like I was saying I was pregnant

and just gave birth to a child?

Sorry.

No, my daughter is a teenager.

I thought I had told you that.

And yes, we are all very sick. All three of us.

We have been homeschooling her, but she is so sick, she can only handle about 30 minutes, maybe an hour per day.

She told me that she hopes that she never is abandoned the way I have been during my illness.

She sees me all alone with no help, no family that cares, and no friends that care.

I have Lymenet, though! and I am happy for that.

And I have Jesus.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I just never heard you say that you had a daughter.....or maybe my memory is not so great!! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in my opinion down the cape is nice. I am not positive how many hours from worcester it would be. I dont think there is anything cheap down the cape though. I rented a tiny cottage on the water and want to say it was at least $1200 a few years ago.
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up in Boston, and I hate to say it... flights into Boston right now are very expensive. Any rentals in the Cape or nearby the water are completely booked for the summer and the summer rates are extremely pricey! From Boston all the way west to Framingham are expensive as well. If I were you I would look into fly into the neighboring states like Rhode Island or CT which might be cheaper. But when I looked last week the tickets to Logan were $650 a piece. We were going to meet my sister at the Cape but not for that price!

Try Priceline and set your own price. Good luck!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
racer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for racer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Missing,
Where is your conference going to be? What are the dates? Where is your doc located (roughly)? Maybe someone has a cottage they can rent to you, if we know the dates etc.

I think you'd have difficulty finding anything near the ocean/water during the summer. But you can get to the ocean for a day trip from many places.

Scorpiogirl was right about boston flights. We often fly from other local airports, like Providence, RI, Hartford CT or Manchester NH.

Another thing to try is priceline, where you name your price, and the minimum quality of hotel you will accept. I think there are condo/vacation rental sites online too.

good luck!
racer

--------------------
Me - Igenex: IgM: 41IND, IgG: 39IND, 41+ but Plasmid PCR Positive
Kiddo - after 1 year IV - positive Lyme culture (before IV: IgM:31,34,41,83-93 IND; IgG: 41+++, 66+)

Posts: 133 | From CT | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Okay, thanks.

The conference is in worcester, MA,

and my LLMD is in New York.

We may just go for a week, and just stay in a hotel, if we can't find anything else.

Yes , the flights right now are $650, I think last time they were around nine hundred.

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord are you Listening?
of course You are..
Help missing get there and back with her family.
provide Lord a open path soon.
Maybe a Lyme member can open a door, their home too, be brave.
Missing Hope you Travel well...1st class.
I know you would stay in a hotel, Lord make it menorable with smiles and great stories..
wayne.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear you are going on an adventure. Sure hope all goes well.

I don't know anything about the area but have always wanted to visit there myself.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Vacation rentals by owners

No affliation.

Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I had my home a long time ago, I recall there being a program where you could swap homes for a week or two.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement