LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » curious -- is cheating on spouse ok? not for me...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: curious -- is cheating on spouse ok? not for me...
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya'll know my son in law has left his wife of 9 years for an older woman with two small children.

apparently he thought the split was going to be "amicable" until his wife called and he was with this woman and her children. apparently she "went ballistic" and i can't blame her one bit. as a former dumpee...

now the guy says this is his chance to be happy and he "wants more"...

well helll-oooo

no marriage is perfect all the time, and some ain't even perfect most of the time. in my opinion, get a grip you idiot...

just cause you may think it's greener on the other side don't mean it is. you don't just drop kick somebody to curb because you want out..

to me, this is wrong, both morally and spirtually. if you got problems, work it out...

and what kind of woman breaks up a marriage anyway. what does she want, a meal ticket??

i ain't buying this "i want to be happy and this may be my last chance"...duh, this will be your third marriage...

i am extremely disappointed, extremely...

so what do you say???

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if this was Facebook, I'd hit the "like" to your post and "share" it.
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If she's cheating with him, she'll cheat with another. Pretty simple.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this woman is divorced and he's married but that's not stopping him from dumping his wife. Sheez she'll be number three. What goes around comes around and I hope his wife takes him to the cleaners

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LabRat
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LabRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's a slow night and I can't offer solutions but I do have a bit of experience being on my fourth and last marriage. Temptation most likely leads the list of why a marriage fails, followed closely by financial problems and somewhere in the mix we become insinuative of one another's feelings.

I observed my mother was treated rather badly by my father late in her life after six kids, divorced. I've observed a vast number of couples treat one another verbally quite badly. Seems more the norm than the exception. When you see an exception it tends to really stick out, I remember about fifty years ago I was in a convenience store looking for a recipe for homemade ice cream. One feller reckons his wife makes the best ice cream in the state and calls her up to get the recipe for me and it was such a pleasure to watch this guy verbally caressing his wife over the phone bragging to her about her ice cream. Monkey see monkey do but it pains me to say I never really got good at it.

My wives mostly kept me ****ed off most of the time it seems. First marriage lasted eight years, then five years, then three years, I was getting less tolerant by the day! This one has been a blessing, going on thirty one years. Smooth sailing since her mother, old snarly, passed away.

I think we spend too little time looking over this idiot we're planning to marry, too often settling because there seems to be nothing else coming down the pike, too willing to accept faults that will grow hair and teeth with time! Three times I got nagged into a marriage I didn't really want, finally to be set free except financially. Few things they failed to mention! Still, when you get the right one it sure makes life more enjoyable!

Posts: 1887 | From Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Labrat, definately words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing.
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

I understand what you are saying. But rather than cheat on somebody maybe people could get a divorce first?

--------------------

LabRat
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LabRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a perfect world that's the way it would work, everyone would shake hands and part more or less friends. I think affairs are a sort of ``testo testo'', not really interested in putting all the chips on the table but willing to take a chance on getting caught, figuring the odds are pretty good you could pull it off and tuck tail and run for home! They could have a good home life and an opportunity falls in their lap and they don't have the where with all to resist. The better ones feel remorse, so I'm told, I can't say what the others feel but they usually can't wait to get down to the corner and tell all their mates. Sad to say but I think the chance of having a fateful mate is down to about zilch nowadays!
Oddly, I have given much thought to this subject of men and women and their interaction. I ran a dating service for a little over a year. Lost my rear but never had so much fun, mostly watching, what an education! I'll have a beer some night and tell you all about it.

Posts: 1887 | From Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have your d-i-l ask a judge for a restraining order prohibiting him or "the other woman" to be together until the divorce is finalized. Have your d-i-l tell the judge that their continued contact is "stress induced" illnesses for her or something.

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And another thought, d-i-l should sue the "other woman" for breaking up the marriage. Civil suit.

In actuality, judges need to stop granting divorces based on "irreconcilable differences".

"No, this is the man/woman you chose to marry. Unless there is substantiated abuse or evidence of infidelity, there will be no divorce. You will both be required to attend individual, couple and family (if there are children involved) counseling for at least one year before you may revisit this.

If either one of you fails to attend the counseling, there will be no writ of divorcement (except in the cases mentioned above) and you will be prohibited from re-marrying."

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

oh i think there's already proof of infidelity. she called him on the cell phone and this stupid guy admitted that he was with this other woman and her children.

here's your sign!!!!

--------------------

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully he will wake up on day and call your DIL.

She will tell him to go fishing in the Pirannah fishing hole.

And hopefully she will be in a better place, happy and free of the idiot.

And I hope he has money that she got most of in the divorce,. Unlikely, but we can dream.

Tell her to get a shark for an attorney!

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement