LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » End of the Dollar??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: End of the Dollar??
AuntyLynn
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the website zerohedge.com as it is edited by a crowd of young investment professionals, with the education and savvy to read the tea leaves.

In the past Tyler Durden has successfully forecasted the 2008 Bail Out, and some important shifts in the precious metals markets.

He uploaded these two articles today.
Unfortunately, they make a whole lotta sense.

Please be sure to see the readers' comments ... they are hilarious, and brilliant!

Putting a Face to Einstein's Definition
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/putting-face-einsteins-definition-insanity

Has the Perfect Moment to Kill the Dollar Arrived?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-has-perfect-moment-kill-dollar-arrived

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LabRat
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LabRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may consider buying seeds after you read this, it's just a little scary!
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com:80/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

Posts: 1887 | From Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burnsjw
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnsjw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for posting this info. you two.
Please keep more coming.
Hey, Auntylynn, I had no idea you were so smart. ha. ha. just joking.

Posts: 211 | From In my house | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting video LabRat.

Although I note that the filmmaker conveniently skipped over the -38 Bil in the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), which signifies that Uncle Sam started buying HIS OWN Government Bonds a couple of years ago, in order to make up for the "lack of interest" on the International Market. (To whit: China stopped buying our debt!)

Also of interest ..."Security" came to 838 Bil. This is the line for MILITARY expenditures.

Compare that to the entry for "Social Security," which is a mere 726 Bil. (and for which a special payroll tax is levied).

I find it more than a little disengenuous that our borders have been breached but once in over 200 years (by a handful of operatives - not by an armed force); yet we pay more for "security" each year than we do to support our retired and disabled citizens.

Yet, this author seems to point to 'social safety nets' as the main reason why our government is unable to balance the budget, while he blithely ignores our widely disparate military expenditures.

I thought the Constitution was framed to form a government "By and FOR the people" ... not for world domination, designed to benefit military-industrial (and oil-seeking) profiteers!

As for buying seeds - I've been collectng heirloom garden seeds for over three years.

Also canning supplies, food staples and practical clothing and tools. However, I fear that my modest cache will not be nearly enough when the inevitable inflation of impending QE3 - or the probable worldwide financial collapse - likely ensues.

As Pogo so aptly observed:

"We have seen the enemy, and he is us."

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Today's closing Gold and Silver quotes:

Gold:
http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

Silver:
http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

LabRat
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LabRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.video.theblaze.com/shared/flash/mediaplayer/v4.3/R10/MP4.jsp?calendar_event_id=187-55803&content_id=24239229&media_id=&view_key=&media_type=video&source=THEBLAZE&sponsor =THEBLAZE&clickOrigin=&affiliateId=

I have doubts this will work but lets see. Yea! if a pause happens and it starts over at the beginning, slide the little "brick" to the right to get where it was and it will keep going. This old boy is sharp, well he moved to Texas didn't he?

Posts: 1887 | From Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Texas is way too hot for me! LOL!

I need a little snow for a couple of months, just to add variety to life. (And LOVE the autumns up here.)

I'll try to see if I can open it a little later.

grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.survivalblog.com
Posts: 921 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement