LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Lamictal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lamictal
ishandraaa
Member # 51610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ishandraaa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, apart from all my other problems...I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar 1.

I very much disagree with this because while I have drastic mood swings I don't think they were manic.

I believe stress was causing me to flip out and become angry and agitated.

Anywho, I was prescribed Lamictal. This medication has helped with my ability to calm myself when I feel that I am becoming angry, but it also makes me feel like I'm high. Like a did speed or something.

It only happens from time to time, maybe when I've had a little caffeine. I was drinking quite of a bit of it everyday, but now I can't even get through one cup of coffee without my mind racing.

I feel like my heart is pounding, and my resting heart rate has been staying around 80bpm. For the last year or so I've been suffering from Tachycardia daily.

Has anyone else taken this drug? Is this normal?

I also, haven't felt hungry. I can eat whenever and whatever, but more as a necessary thing and not because I feel hungry. I do it cause I know I need to and not cause I want to.

I also am a huge foodie, so this seems odd to me. [confused]

--------------------
Ishandra.

Posts: 55 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You need to talk with an ILAD educated LLMD or LL ND about all this.

By the way, though, coffee is not a good idea with lyme. It's far to stimulation to a nervous system and adrenal system that is just frayed. Best to go with a good organic GREEN TEA.

Many have been misdiagnosed with "bipolar" when lyme and other tick borne infections were over looked. Most doctors are clueless and worse, would rather throw serious and risky drugs as anyone with mood issues. This can often cause more damage than good.

Get to a good LLMD for a more comprehensive assessment.

&

With no appetite, it's good that you still eat. We have to eat or you will loose your mind. Seriously. Sleep, Food, Air, gentle movement all requirements of your brain.

Your brain & body REQUIRE good fuel from protein, fat, & carbohydrates (though no simple sugars, of course. Only real food, real veggies, etc.) Hopefully, that is the kind of "foodie" you are.

Lack of appetite could also be related to some of the foods you eat, say, if gluten or dairy issues, that could be your body telling you, uh, no.

Oh, I just stumbled upon this post while looking at your posting history to see if you inquired about a proper doctor.

Very rarely will anyone see a post in "off topic" - it's more for stuff that really off the topic of health and wellness.
-

[ 08-28-2018, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
To help your mood, sleep, heart rhythm while you find a good ILADS educated LLMD. ESSENTIAL:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM - Informational Links set

Re: Nutrients - or opposite?

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors (that are not likely natural at all).

GMO foods that destroy the GI Tract; Gluten; Dairy.

Your brain also need good fats: Butter, Ghee (from grass-fed, pastured cows) . . . Olive Oil (be sure it's pure) . . . Omega-3 fatty acids (not so much the Omega-6 as they cause problems if too much -- so avoid canola oil, corn oil, etc.)

3 Eggs (free-range, organic) & a good avocado is a nice quick meal any time of the day. Add some leafy greens for your brain, too.

See Nina Teicholz' book: The Big Fat Surprise

This might really help your brain.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You might post in Medical for more replies to your Rx question and in General for food questions, etc.
-

ishandraaa
Member # 51610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ishandraaa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I'll move the post. Thanks. Yes, I love to cook and while I'm not vegetarian I don't usually eat a ton of meat. Mostly veggies and grains.

Thanks for the insight. I have always wondered if my mental slide has been because of lyme. However I have never been professionally diagnosed. Still trying on that one. However, I feel like with all my symptoms something has to give.

--------------------
Ishandra.

Posts: 55 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
A vegetarian diet (or mostly) works for some folks but not for all. Careful supplementation with Taurine, Carnitine, GLA, and some other nutrients is important if not getting those from meat.

Still, for many, meat, fish, eggs, poultry can be a good helper.

You don't need a ton of meat (all kinds) or fish but 4 ounces twice a day with another 20 grams from other food (like 3 eggs = 18 grams) will come to about 60 grams of protein - a base line for most women.. That can really help with mood stability.

Grains & some veggies tend to turn to sugar in the body, even the best of them and can play havock with insulin & glucose stability. Without good fat and protein to balance, that can get off kilter.

Wild Rice is probably the best grain for equilibrium yet still not alone. Needs fat and protein with it.

LEAFY GREENS tend to pack the most nutrients and the Cabbage Family, Broccoli, etc.

All this helped me when I ate mostly veggies & grains. I was really missing out on key nutrients in meat and fats.

Getting off gluten also really helped so very much to lift mood.

You should also have thyroid checked but a LLMD or LL ND will know best how to do that. Then your GP can order the right tests.
-

[ 08-28-2018, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement