LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Computer Questions » help removing the virus: Malwareremovalbot?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help removing the virus: Malwareremovalbot?
Caryn
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 366

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Caryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
our internet service is Comcast - which we will probably switch to another provider soon as i am not happy with their sevcice at all.

it comes with Norton anti-virus which allowed the "whitesmoke" virus to attach itself to our computer and cause total mayhem because norton claims it is not a virus. and when comcast instituted Norton, the Norton tech removed all the other anti-virus and anti-spyware we had at the time assuring me Norton was all we needed to protect our computer.

no major problems before that. and it seems , anytime there is a problem, they connect you with technitions in India who can't even figure out things, that although i still have bigtime brain fog from lyme, and tired and damaged from yrs of reinfections and undertreatment, after many exruciating hrs i finnally figure things out that "computer experts" should easily have known.

all they want to do is first tell me "don't worry, not to worry, we will help you with this and fix the problem"- even had me open in regular mode because - well eventually i figured by chance the problem myself - but my keyboard had locked up and i could not get into safemode with networking. and had me leave it like that for hrs supposedly waiting for a call from one of thier technitions, that never came.

then, things were worse than ever. of course, reassurences that they would fix everything. then kept transferring me back to people, who of course very assuring, just wanted me to buy thier "premium package" to fix the damage that was their fault to begin with. annoying. and a locked computer.

i managed after many many grueling hrs to figure out enough that the computer is not locked up anymore, but can't get rid of malwareremovalbot.

a wellknown virus called "whitesmoke" attached itself to our computer a few months ago. Norton refuses to recognize it as a virus. it is. i managed to get rid of it with a free download program called "Malwarebytes". but the malwareremovalbot ( i never opened either whitesmoke or malwareremovalbot ) , but i can't seem to get the latter off my system.

i know thier are instructions online on how to get rid of it. i tried very hard for hours to do that. our printer doesn't work now, so i can't even print out the instructions and wrote them all by hand, stil having no luck removing the evil virus.

i am not at all computer literate. and i am exhausted and still very sick. and don't come to the computer much anymore - very much a factor is can't deal with how slow the virus makes things, and it keeps changing the date on the computer. now sometimes bumps us to other websites.

before i got rid of "whitesmoke", i could not even get onto lymenet.org. it would bump me to a decievingly legitamate looking site - the one with the lawyer solicitations to help sue drs "who misdx and overtreat lyme". i still have problems sometimes logging in.

and i am very afraid to send emails to anyone for fear that i might send a virus along with it so i can't write back to anyone. i used to use the computers at the library before we got this one, but now, just driving the ten minutes and dealing with sitting in library chairs - i can't believe how sick i was back then and still getting out of the house, but i guess i was younger and less damaged and very desperate, our children were still very young.....

well, anyway, if anyone could give me step by step intructions on how to delete malwarerovalbot virus from my computer in language suited to a five year old, i would greatly appreciate it!

thanks!

Posts: 1093 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5vforest
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5vforest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caryn, email me and I will do my best to help you. Don't worry about sending me a virus, I am on a mac.

my email address is adam (at) 5vforest (dot) net

and if you have skype, we can chat on there; my username is: fivevforest.

Posts: 340 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5vforest
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5vforest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, I don't know if you're in an urban location, but in most cities you can find someone on craigslist to make a housecall for much cheaper than say, Geek Squad.

A lot of computer science students do this in their spare time, and should have no problem removing the virus.

The reason I mention this is because sometimes when an operating system gets this messed up, it's easier to backup your documents, wipe your hard drive clean, and reinstall windows, which might be a bit daunting to do yourself.

Posts: 340 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MusicMan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MusicMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there

Well I found the step by step for you but I'm afraid this may be a bit complicated for you or anyone not used to editing the registry.

There is also a tool at the bottom of the page you can use but I don't know if they detect and then want money to remove it so take a look and see if it looks too hard. Run the free scan and post back here unless you've already been helped. [Smile]

http://webtoolsandtips.com/remove-spyware/remove-malwareremovalbot-uninstall-malware-removal-bot-free/

Steve

Posts: 406 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caryn
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi forest and music man. thanks for answering my posts. i had to go to the ER just after this post was made and was hospitalized for awhile and then spent summer trying to regain strength. but i did manage to put in a small garden ! - that area creatures also decided to share.

time is different for me and life seems to go by both rediculously fast and also excruciatingly slow. i need to some how be ready for a wedding this weekend. my kids are back in school now. so after that, i will try to figure out the computer stuff again.

thanks again for help.

Posts: 1093 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0ldman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0ldman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you get it straight?

I run a computer service. I can direct you to some tools that are worth far more than their free price.

--------------------
Ticks suck.

Posts: 140 | From Alabama | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement