LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » OT: ARE WE BEING MANIPULATED?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: ARE WE BEING MANIPULATED?
daystar1952
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all

This isn't a medical question but I felt the topic is important enough to warrant it being posted in this section so the most people can see it and learn from it.

The link below leads to several articles that speak to the subject of manipulation tactics used in community organizing, activism, corporations, government, education systems, etc.

I experienced the Delphi Technique or Alinsky Method at the Connecticut Lyme hearing meetings I attended. I was placated as to my concerns surrounding the issues of government/corporations being complicit in the Lyme coverup. The Hearing did not accomplish anything and the lyme coalition, which was comprised of state support groups, was splintered

I think you will find the articles on the page below, very interesting. If we learn these tactics we will be able to see through the deception. The goal of the Delphi and Alinsky methods are to make the public feel as if they have input and for everyone to acheive consensus. However, the consensus they want us to come to is the preconceived goal of the people in power.

The diabolical part is that they make it seem as if the goal is the idea of the people. When we believe it is our idea...then we clamor for it .

This makes it very easy for those in control.Obama did not know Saul Alinsky but was said to be one of his best students. Alinsky wrote a book....Rules For Radicals. He heavily promotes the idea that the end justifies the means. In other words it is ok to do whatever is necessary to acheive what one thinks is a noble goal.Alinsky disciples believe that Deceit and unethical actions are part of the process.

I truly believe that knowledge is power and that familiarizing ourselves with these techniques will keep the people from being manipulated. Please check out the link below...especially the second and third articles

http://lymesentinel.blogspot.com/search/label/Activism%20Concerns

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just, wow, an eye-opener. I know I've been manipulated.
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankyou for acknowledging this. I have posted about this on another yahoo list and was told it was conspiracy theory and that it was not allowed. They did the same thing with the subject of biowarfare. Tactics used by corporations, government and activism groups are not theories. We can probably call them conspiracies tho. I strongly suspect that certain persons are hired to frequent lists and message boards to debunk the truth

I am just learning about all of this myself and my intent is not to cause fear or to dash any hope people may have. My intent is to help people understand how they are being manipulated so we can free ourselves.We need to share information and learn from each other. I welcome ideas and facts from any of you There is no one human that is going to be our savior. It's up to each one of us to see through the mist to our real freedom. It doesn't have to be scary...it can be joyous.

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderfully stated! Fear of the unknown is the worst. Knowledge is empowerment!
Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link: There are these truths about human nature, aren't there!

We all have been on committees where we are cleverly manipulated by a leader so our opposition voice is shut out of the group.

I have not read about the Connecticut lyme hearings. And you are saying that the support groups in that state are splintered.

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Yes...that's what I'm saying. We all came together to organize this hearing. We were not sure what would happen to this coalition after the hearing but it was thought we could remain a loose organization for perhaps future events. However, people began doing things behind each other's backs which split up the group.

The hearing brought us together but it also split us up.The hearing didn't seem to accomplish anything. A certain doctor was even allowed to violate HIPPA without any scolding from the AG

I don't want to be the one to foster distrust...there already is distrust. I am trying to ....without mentioning names or groups...to share the tools I have found that help us to understand why the lyme activism movement isn't really going anywhere.

Then people can decide for themselves what is happening instead of just believing something I might tell them. For some reason certain people in the lyme community do not want me talking about these tactics. I know there is more to learn besides what is on my blog under activism concerns. I certainly don't know the whole story.

That's why I feel more people need to be aware so we can pull together with more stories of how these tactics are being used. Does that make any sense? I'm feeling rather persecuted lately

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement