LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » PROJECT TRISH: RIBBONS ACROSS AMERICA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PROJECT TRISH: RIBBONS ACROSS AMERICA
METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PROJECT TRISH

We now have a campaign in motion that everyone in is encouraged to begin.

Project Trish is the campaign name:

Step 1

As activists, your job is to alert family, friends, as well as other patients that you know offline and online that this campaign is going on. You may repost this message anywhere on the internet.

Step 2

Purchase a Sharpie Permanent Marker -- Black should be fine and also order spools Lime Green Ribbon from any store of your choice. We'd like the ribbon to be about 2-3 inches wide. You can possibly pick some up at Walmart or other local stores. Here are some options to buy online:

Step Two

These Lime Green ribbons or tape should be placed everywhere -- within reason -- around trees, signs, and telephone poles, etc. Write a small slogan on the end of each Ribbon. My phrase would be "Chronic Lyme Disease Lives Here." Some ideas are: Lyme Disease, Lyme Awareness, Lyme Destroys, Chronic Lyme Disease, Lyme & Associated Illnesses

Step Three:

Thank Trish, our incredible Political Team member from Massachusetts for this amazing idea and for her passion in following through in this campaign.

Our Intention

We're making a big statement. This is a national campaign, but is crucial for Massachusetts at this present time and will have a big impact. The goal is to gain local, state and national attention. It will not be long before media sources: News papers, and TV seek out. Currently a press release is being worked on by a number of people from "The team".

[ 04-16-2009, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: METALLlC BLUE ]

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the original name... no offense to Trish.. but it was her original name for it anyhow...

But using RIBBONS ACROSS AMERICA it has a more "national" flavor and is not specific.... and that way.... and rather than explain who Trish is when people ask.... which we have no clue who she is and does it draw national attention anyway (?)...

We would focus on Lyme in our talks to those who ask.... because they already SEE the RIBBONS.. and Lyme IS the true focus.

Just an idea.

Color me lime green!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Glad to hear this is moving forward. I ordered from the owners site with Lyme disease. It is back ordered. After all we have to support one another! I am going to write on them that " Lyme Disease is a national health crisis." I think that will get some attention.

Take Care,
Ann

[ 04-16-2009, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: lakes592 ]

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann,
Excellent. Tin Cup, I changed the title. I compromised. Hehe. [Smile]

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are GOOD!!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up a couple of spools of tape yesterday at my local hardware store - $2.79 each - not bad. Now I need to start writing on them.

Although I live in a rural area, I will go to the nearest "big towns" and put them up where I can.

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this should be posted in medical too so that everyone reads it. The more people we get the better!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm back!

DO NOT POST ON TELEPHONE POLES OR SIGNS!! IT IS ILLEGAL !!!

they will just be thrown away since it's CITY OWNED PROPERTY!! ***********************************

our local police enforces this due to the heavy volume of garage signs.

but on YOUR PROPERTY; have at it!!! i just don't want your time & efforts writing on them to be destroyed.

i bought lyme ribbon 2 wks. ago but it's one of many projects still to be done by me from my 10 day vacation.

i hope to take time today or tomorrow to cut & write on them for my VAN....all 4 doors & rear wipers!!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty - how about tree branches?

Stuff along the main highways would be state property - and I doubt if they care.

I am curious as to how many people are going to do this.

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see stuff on telephone poles on the time, no one ever bothers to take them down. I'll hang them everywhere and anywhere, small towns, big towns, signs on the highway, we need to color the country lime Green to get the attention and get everyone asking;

WHAT ARE THESE RIBBONS I SEE EVERWHERE?

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by hurtingramma:

Betty - how about tree branches?

Stuff along the main highways would be state property - and I doubt if they care.

I am curious as to how many people are going to do this.

gramma,

are the tree branches on CITY or PRIVATE property?
if it's between public sidewalk and the street; it's CITY property ... a no no!

state property signs .... YES, THEY CARE! i worked for 14 winters in the state's highway maintenance dept. who were responsible for signs, snow removal, patching roads, etc. i learned a lot in that job, and all the extra letters i had to type and send due to people disobeying the laws.

IOWA ENFORCES EVERYTHING !!

tracey, you're fortunate your state is LAX and doesn't enforce things! [Smile]

Kayasdad
Member # 15675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayasdad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:
i'm back!

DO NOT POST ON TELEPHONE POLES OR SIGNS!! IT IS ILLEGAL !!!

they will just be thrown away since it's CITY OWNED PROPERTY!!

There is a SIMPLE solution to this... GET PERMISSION!!! My wife and I attended the city council meetings for the towns in our county. It took very little work on our part. But we got the official permission needed to LINE THE STREETS!!!

Don't be discouraged everyone. Get to work!!!

--------------------
Visit www.caringbridge.org/visit/kayaraigh http://www.lymelightassociation.org LIGHTING THE WAY TOWARD LYME LITERACY. An up and coming organization with the goal of educating the public on Lyme disease and associated tick borne illnesses.

Posts: 52 | From WV | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

We have other stuff all over the place around here too. I put some up at all the local fishing accesses this morning, tomorrow I plan on lining the local bike path - which happens to be near the hospital (where lyme doesn't exist.)

I was even so bold as to put one on the signpost of our local newspaper - let them figure it out [Smile]

--------------------

Lover11
Member # 19686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lover11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 11-19-2021, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Kali Dhi ]

Posts: 48 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

kayasdad, good for you/wife to have attended city council meeting AND GOT THEIR APPROVAL AND BLESSINGS!!! [Smile] thumbs up for you 2 ...

i cut my ribbons today putting 5 on our new cherry red van....eacy door handle and rear window washer!

also hung one on our front door handle....

TICKS CAUSE LYME DISEASE !!

we lost our only front yard tree which had branches galore after 34 yrs. old!

bettyg
Unregistered

lyme ribbons on my car doors update ...

my husband wasn't happy about my putting them on there. he then stated going 55-65 down the road will cause any ribbons to BEAT ON THE PAINT JOB, and he didn't want to see this happening to our 1 month old new van.

after he said that, i drove around in town doing short errands going 25-30 at most. boy were those ribbons beating on the doors.

when i got home from errands, i looked at 2 of the 5 i put on; both had TEARS GALORE in them, and that's from going SLOW only.

so i'll take off tomorrow, and have in a special place in van. when i'm at any parking space for any LENGTH OF TIME, i'll tie 3 of them on...each door side and rear end!

just wanted to pass my personal experience with this one onto you and save your cars from losing paint in those areas.

i didn't really believe hubby until my own eyes saw this and heard all the NOISE outside open windows.

lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else try and order it through the website with the person with Lyme? They said it was bak ordered and that they would call when it was in but that was like 2 weeks ago. I guess I should call but wondering if anyone else ordered from there?

Ann

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry if this has already been posted above, but when does this start??

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

meg, IMMEDIATELY! [Smile]
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you go to ebay.com and search for green flagging tape, it's pretty cheap. Trish, is it okay if I tell them your name and some ifo on you if I write to the local papers?

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayasdad
Member # 15675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayasdad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We ordered ours from:

www.ribbonandbowsohmy.com

Solid Grosgrain ribbon, 2.25". The color we chose was called Lypple, (it looked more lime than the "lime" color did) and it is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! Shipment was extremely prompt as well!!!

--------------------
Visit www.caringbridge.org/visit/kayaraigh http://www.lymelightassociation.org LIGHTING THE WAY TOWARD LYME LITERACY. An up and coming organization with the goal of educating the public on Lyme disease and associated tick borne illnesses.

Posts: 52 | From WV | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trishee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trishee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ribbons Across America is the name I prefer too!

Trish

Posts: 142 | From Sturbridge, MA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

thanks to our creative LEADER in ribbons across america!!

i also told alex & family more about your project you started so alex's twin sister might be able to hang ribbons in their yard & town.

thanks for stopping by trish to alex's caring bridge site! [Smile] xox

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement