LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Rife Therapy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rife Therapy
METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a brief note for others. Many people from many places have been e-mailing me lately, telling me to "consider" Rife treatment. They aren't aware that I already own one, but I just haven't used it yet. The general consensus is the same, and so I want members here to be encouraged to investigate this technology.

I have an EMEM3D2. I purchased it based off a lot of research. Some of which was theoretical and some scientific based, while others were based on patient reports of progress that I've followed. So It was either this EMEM, or build a Doug Coil machine.

At any rate, getting right to the point. Every case reported to me has noted improvements in health, but the improvements required a minimum from what I've seen of 4 months. These were often done without antibiotic therapy after the first month or so. Apparently antibiotics interfere, primarily those which create resistent dormant forms of the infection, such as cystic forms, spheroplasts/L-forms. Others who had been on treatment longer, I know personally, are reporting being nearly symptom free. The further out to the 1 1/2 to 2 year mark, often report entirely being symptom free, especially if they use a combination treatment later on, improving symptoms, adding basics like vitamin nutrition, appropriate diet, and exercise.

In other words. It would be very unwise to dismiss Rife as a method of killing borrelia Burgdorferi or a Lyme-like illness caused by a spirochette.

The spiral shapes bacterium (Not co-infections), is most at risk when rife is used, and thus dies quite effectively as a consequence of it's shape.

I won't explain further, so do your own homework. This technology most certainly has a very strong place as an allopathic treatment to killing the pathogen.

For those who can't handle herbs, antibiotics, or anything because of sensitivity issues or detox -- this "might" be a route to take, as you detox as heavily as you can. Consider exercise, if you can't, an Infared Sauna can and should be used. Currently the best I've seen comes from a fella here on Lymenet. My girlfriend bought one, I used it. I didn't have any reaction to it -- but then again I've been detoxing for years, and I ride a bike for an hour a day most of the time.

Sauna, ALA, Glycine, NAX, Glutathione, Coffee Enema (If worse comes to worse), and fresh water, and exercise are available options that I know are effective. The ALA, NAC and Glycine are dirt cheap from Vitacost, so that can be a cheap way to start, followed by the Enema. That's cost effective. If price isn't an object or you've exhausted the first few and still can't exercise, add the Sauna and Glutathione injections, or nebulized form.

If that doesn't work, well, let's just hope it doesn't come to that. You'll have to do a full liver flush, and kidney flush -- fast, and consume a lot of water. All should be consulted with your LLMD of course, or any other doctor you trust to have your best interest in mind.

So, those are some notes based on information I'm coming across from other patients reports. I collect the reports for my List of doctors for the myspace group, -- which I'm listed on -- so that's how people often contact me.

Questions, e-mail me: [email protected]

If you want to save money, don't be afraid to buy used, but buy from trusted sources. They take work to find the machines sometimes, but Lyme patients do sell them quickly unfortunately. The reason is always the same "I sold mine because I couldn't handle the reaction, it was too severe and I'm just not ready yet, I have to lower my load with other treatments further first."

So, with that excuse being so prevalent, it says a lot.

Dr. H in NY Hyde also reported to me directly, that he has patients who do the Rife on their own (He obviously doesn't prescribe it. He is neutral about it as he knows nothing indepth about it), but the patients all report the same thing. They have strong herxheimer reactions. Basically, if you're functioning around 40-50% most of the time, which isn't good, but terrible, it's a choice to consider.

E-mail me if you have further questions: [email protected]

p.s. When I begin Rife, I'll let everyone know about my journal. I'm confident the therapy will work, but getting to a place where I can dedicate treatment to Lyme, requires me to understand co-infections and other issues that I first must address. Once I'm clear for take-off, it'll be 2 years of Rife.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catskillmamala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catskillmamala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am planning to join you in the rife adventure. Right now I'm on IV rocephin and zithro, but once I am done with my course of IV, I am going to wean to zithro, rife and herbs and then rife and herbs.

I bought an FScan Compact. It is so cute. I wish I could use it immediately, but I need to time the herxs with having good childcare.

My experience with rife so far was that it seemed to hit me right where I needed it- CNS, brain and eyes. I had a terrible herx that kept me in bed for a couple of days, but then ahhhh some clarity- especially for the eyes which have been so effected.

I will be starting in earnest after my beach vacation in August.

Posts: 524 | From Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catskillmamala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catskillmamala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I forgot to say, I've asked two MD's about it.

My LLMD says off the record it works.

My primary care (holistic) MD says, off the record it works. When we asked him if he sees patients recover with it he said "no, because we don't see those patients again--they go off into rifeland"

Now with what you say about Dr. H above, that's three MD's I know saying it works.

Posts: 524 | From Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my wife's experience, the Rife method clears the brain fog and Lyme rage very quickly.

The joints are the hardest to clear up and requires treatments every week to two weeks to keep joint pain in check.

It is like all other treatments in the respect that it will make you much sicker if you do not detox well. We did not have this problem, but some people do.

Always start slow. It can really pack a wallop when you are just starting out, depending on the bacterial load.

My wife is stable and fully functional but not cured. I do not consider it a cure, but a few people report being cured. I hope it can cure, but I think it is unlikely in most cases.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been having very good results from using the LightWave infrared light device.

Just a thought - you may want to consider adding the LightWave as help with the herxing. It really relieves pain.

I don't have a rife & I don't know what the effects will be if you combine the two. Since you suggest using infrared sauna... this might be an alternative to people who don't have them.

It's also a bit more concentrated & you can apply it to where the pain is.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my machine last week Metallic - and used it the first day. Let me tell you - I herxed almost immediately. Within thirty minutes or so...felt like I got hit with a severe flu - I hurt everywhere and started having pretty bad muscle spasms.

I wasn't prepared for the immediate herx - with abx it takes a few days.

However, when I woke the next morning I felt fine.

My 18 year old brother was in the room with me during my treatment. He has a metal plate in his arm and said it made his arm tingle!

He thinks I'm nuts as do most of the rest of my family - ask me if I give a damn!

I'm not going to use the machine again for a couple of weeks - I'm going on vacation in a few days and I want to wait until I'm back.

But, when I do get back I plan on fully dedicating myself and getting on a regular schedule with it. I'll definately keep you posted!

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used it since I self diagnosed myself.

I herxed imidietly but with full blown enchephalitis and all the coinfections active -and in a severe state I would not recomend it as the only solution but in conjuctin with other therapies.

I postponed the visit to the doctor 5 months on it.I could NOT keep up with the bugs .So it depends on the level of the bugs and how severe you are...

IT definitly helps lyme.If I had just lyme -I would not have started ANTIBIOTICS..no way.

But with ehrlichia ( can not get rid of it with rife) , bartonella ( was temporary relief) and babesia I had to be glued on the machine.

also I had to rife on all of them to keep up with mucoplasma fementas/babesia /bartonella several strains ehrlichia ...and CAFLS frequencies do not have all the frequencies for each strain.

I AM VERY POSITIVE for rife and that will be for the rest of my life.

I do not feel chills anymore on babesia and bartonella henselae /nothing and this confirmed by the muscle testing as I am done with them.But mucoplasma still there.I use it to see how much I react.

YEs it helps for the brain and eyes.NOw I feel a worm feeling after rifing.I have my protocoll recorded since 02/15/2006 ..and up to now.You have to put the notes at the end on which frequency you react.

It is perfect for the spine.My buble gas stays in my back and the tightness goes away from the rifing It feels good.

I just do not want anyway to think ok ..I am almost dying like MARIA in Canada and just do rife as I will get better.Please when you are so severe you need really to lower the load and treat it with antibiotics or herbs..
I have been there .

I HERXED crazy and I have been reading for the RIFE as my first way of treatment before started anitbiotics.

So please use it in conjuction.Also I have spoken with people that obviously have had antibiotics treatment and than improve in RIFE.

It is not the solely solution -I would consider it only as a solution only if you are lucky to have just LYME.

Ironicly we dont.

For several months I used RIFE , UV blood irradiation and nutrition and detox and balance my body and treat the parasite.

It was very costly but at my situation -I was not going anywere.BART was killing me more than lyme ....

BART/babs/ehrlichia multiplies faster and lyme does not.

[ 16. July 2008, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Alv ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All you have to do to reduce the herxing is lower the amount of time you run the machine.

For best results, be sure to get a copy of Bryan Rosner's book on Lyme and Rife Machines. www.lymebook.com

He recommends rifing only every two weeks for Lyme. It can be used for many other things too.

I have an EMEM 5A. I think it's awesome. Thanks for reminding me to go Rife!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RJPII
Member # 5876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RJPII     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thread Metallic - Thank you for the info. I

am hearing such an increasing amount of success

stories with Rife, that I have decided to buy the

book and 98% certain I will buy a machine as soon

as it's possible.

I have been doing heavy combinations of meds

lately and really believe I have to hot this from

more angles. i.e. two IVs and two orals

currently. I am very concerned about what lays

ahead of me, since I feel like the disease is

creeping back slow. (I'll address this abx topic in another thread)
Thanks!

Posts: 77 | From Morris County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe in most cases, this disease can be beaten down severely. The problem is, it's costly, however with or without insurance I think it's likely. A plan of attack well researched and carefully planned, and commitment to staying the course, can make it happen over time.

Most patients, whether on only antibiotics, or in combination should expect improvements of some sort, even if only mild, within 4-6 months.

My opinion on how patients should begin is:

Detox, immediately begin mild to moderate detox. Most people are so ill, that inflammation is crippling them in some way. Go easy. A relatively mild way to detox is wear sweat clothing, with tee shirts underneath, as well as longjohns beneath the sweat pants. Sweat, it's a start. If heat causes debilitating symptoms, go with NAC, or ALA at half dose, about 600 per day of NAC, or 300mg per day on ALA, then raise the dose later into treatment to full dose, of about 600mg of ALA per day to 1,200mg of NAC. Once improvements in health occur, sweating, fresh water, NAC, ALA, or other cheap detox methods can be used. Walking, in the sweats helps if a patient can. When a patient can handle hardcore detoxing, Chelex, 2 capsules every 3rd night to start. After 2 weeks, if you feel comfortable move to 4 capsules. 3 months is plenty. The supplement is made by Xymogen, and contains "DMSA, EDTA, Cilantro, Allicin, NAC, and ALA). As noted, for severe cases, some patients can consider the Coffee Enemas. Heavy metal testing, using the Xymogen, should be done with a doctor or heavily researched prior. All amalgams in the mouth should be removed by a biological dentist specialized in such procedures before considering any supplment which affects "heavy metals" -- and Heavy Metal testing should be done. Glutathione, NAC, DMSA, EDTA, and many others must be researched to confirm whether they affect Heavy Metals. The Lemon Olive Oil Flush can be used as well right from the start.

After 2-4 weeks, begin antibiotics, the first two weeks should be 1/2 to 2/3rd of the antibiotics total dose. If the total full dose is 1,500mg, you would only begin with 750mg. Boost to 1,500 at 2 weeks. This decreases the Herxheimer reaction to some degree, and in combination with ongoing moderate detox, should help more. Probiotics should begin as soon as antibiotics. Buy VSL #3, and buy the capsule form. Only use 1 capsule per day. That's 112 billion per capsule. Price ratio compared to all others, plus the fact this supplement is "scientifically" confirmed in double blind placebo controlled studies, is significantly valid in making this an easy choice. Cost is 50 dollars for 2 months of VSL #3 at my dose recommendation. It should be kept in the refrigerator and the company sends it with ice packs to keep it safe."

Later, supplemental treatments like Chinese Herbs (I support Dr. Zhang over the others, as the success rate is considerable in contrast to the Cowden, and Buhrner. Pricing for the Zhang is actually cheaper than the Cowden, and Zhang is comprehensive with a solid proven track record, and only 2-4 herbs must be used to begin rather than 15 or 10 (though limited Cowden is available). 2 Antimicrobials, and 1 or 2 supportive therapies are needed for the Zhang. Plus Dr. Zhang's book should be purchased, and you can consult with him for "free" by phone. I'd say that's a strong argument, wouldn't you? The treatments are safe, low toxicity, and 10 years of proven methodology in a clinical medical setting.

At this point, after 6-12 months, most patients should be functional to some degree, at least 50% or better. If so, continue with the herbs and antibiotics if you think more progress can be made. Cystic killing medications should be used around the 4-6th month if possible.

Once a stale mate is reached after 12 months. If IV antibiotics haven't been used, I would have a Port-a-cath installed, and use IV Vancomycin, with an oral medication for extracelluar treatment. I'm not sure if Tetracycline or Minocycline can be used, but I know Ceftin, and Penicilin family drugs can "likely" be used. Ceftin is definite, and Penicilin is definate, those "can" be used, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend them. For some patients, oral therapy right from the start is lower risk, and might be appropriate, or, IV -- you and your doctor must decide on the risk. Risk of sepsis is low with a Port-a-cath, and I strongly encourage to the utmost degree, that a PICC line in the arm, be avoided.

At this point, therapies using electromedicine, such as Light Therapy, Rife, Coil Machines, can all be used. Antibiotics should be discontinued if the patient is progressing well and reached their stalemate. Herbs and other chemical or biological substances that create a hostile environment to the infections you're aiming at, should be avoided, to keep the infection in a vulnerable state. I can't confirm whether Zhangs treatment protocol interferes here. However, Nutribiotics offers Citricidal through Vitacost, it is potent Grapefruit Seed Extract and dirt cheap at 12 dollars for 2-3 months of the substance. It is known to kill the cystic form of borrelia burgdorferi based on a few studies. A few doesn't "confirm" fact, but it "may" be valuable.

Detox should continue all the way through this whole process, and the protocol can be rotated again once you reach 2 years (Antibiotics should work again after a few/couple months off). If symptoms are not gone, or cure (Symptom free for 6 to 12 months, you've "possibly" cured it.), otherwise, continue until new methods are discovered by you or others you connect with.

This is a basic protocol that some may find of value. I've chosen the cheapest way, whether you have medical insurance or not. Those without insurance to cover IV, stay herbal and oral. If antibiotics aren't covered at all, stay with Zhang if you saw progress. If you didn't see progress after 12 months, discontinue entirely.

This treatment in total for 2 years, should not amount to more than 10,000 dollars. If you can actually do the calculations, and manage to do that out of pocket, it's actually something most of use could pull off, even if we had to take out a loan, use credit cards, borrow from family, or use disability money portions. It shouldn't send anyone into bankruptcy

So, there is my opinion at present on a likely useful process of recovery.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement