LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Glutathione

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glutathione
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone here take this??

How has it worked for you??

I had an infusion yesterday which did NOTHING for me, but I also got the oral which, OMG smells like perm solution [Eek!] ... I was a litle worried drinking it!!

Thanks !! I am full of questions today

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leadmare
Member # 15431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leadmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on the nasal spray for about 7 weeks. YES it stinks to high heaven!

I have gotten used to the smell now though. Today I could say I don't want to be without it!

My energy level has come up from bedridden fatigued to not needing a nap in the afternoon.

I pre dose with Kyo-Chlorella.

Posts: 58 | From Virginia | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the orals of any use?

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The oral I am on is liquid form, you use a teaspoon and put it in water or juice.. yuck!

I actually had a 2gm infusion at my LLMD office yesterday, i noticed Nothing from it!!

Leadmare--I am so happy its helping you!!

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leadmare
Member # 15431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leadmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see the difference for about a week with once daily.

I started low dose and worked up. Now I'm up to twice a day and can tell when I'm late with my afternoon dose [Wink]

Posts: 58 | From Virginia | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly is this for? It's some form of a detoxifier, right?

Is the nasal spray for allergies or just another way to get it in your body?

I'd appreciate more details.

Thanks!

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Hi Clarissa, as it was explained to me (what I can remember, memory problems)... is that Glutathione is naturally produced in the body, it is a amnio acid and helps to release toxins.. so yes it is a detoxifier... good for neuro toxins. My LLMD said it is great for 70% who use and and than the rest have NO results at all...

I really hope this works for me, as I have many many many neuro symptoms, which could be attributed to a bulid up of toxins.

Hope that helps!!

--------------------

sunshinyday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told it works wonderfully, but do not use it unless you have removed all mercury from you mouth. I'll be workibng on that for a while.

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 234 | From Sterling, Ma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leadmare
Member # 15431

That's about the way it was explained to me.

Pre-dosing with the Chlorella as it acts as a binder.

Before Lyme and Co, I was a steady weight of 125 lbs. At about 18 months into treatment I rapidly gained 38 lbs in a matter of four months.

This was thought to be from toxins and not detoxing well. Although I was trying to detox, I'm one of those that can't.

I have lost 16 lbs by just starting this 7 weeks ago. My mind is getting much clearer as well.

You will notice, I am even trying and able to post here [Big Grin]

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leadmare, where do you get this nasal spray?
Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
clarissa and others-

see previous..

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=069854#000004

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DARN! I have a mouthful of mercury. Total bummer as I would like to partake in this!

Thanks for the post, D! Maybe you don't have to have fillings out?

fingers crossed.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure to check out "dif's" link above!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leadmare
Member # 15431

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosiers51:
Leadmare, where do you get this nasal spray?

By Rx through Key Pharmacy [Wink]
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby has been given IV on several different occasions. Did not notice anything good or bad from it...
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

SunshineyDay,

I checked with two very well-versed Lymenetters and they said that you do NOT have to have your mercury fillings out in order to partake in this detoxification process.

Not sure what your source is but I do trust these other sources. Just didn't want people like me (with metal fillings still in their mouths) to feel like they couldn't try it.

Where did you hear that information?

Best,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter had IV and it did nothing. My son has wonderful results. It lifts his brain fog.
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do a search on glutathione. I have posted tons and tons about it.

It was the first therapy I was given and it did wonders for me. I am currently trying to get it once a month for life. My LLMD is willing but she is 3 1/2 hrs away. So far, I haven't found anyone local who will administer it.

Most sick people are depleted in their glut. It is the main detoxifier of the body and found in heavy concentrations in the liver and the lungs, but also in smaller concentrations in every cell.

If you don't see noticeable improvement, I assume it means you aren't deficient in it. Please note I am making an assumption.

Genetic testing reveals I am very defective in my ability to produce glutathione. This can spell early death.

Google it. Tons of good information out there.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Thanks everyone for your input!!

I am on the liquid oral GSH glutathione.... the one that smells like perm solution!

Has anyone taken this specific type of glut... I think I am supposed to take it everyday... Not sure??? I am guessing I do since it is the oral kind...

--------------------

DoctorLuddite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoctorLuddite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mercury vapor released from dental amalgams and inhaled or ingested will need to be detoxified, and since the liver is the major detox organ, and glutathione in the liver is depleted by mercury, it seems that the presence of amalagams is an indication FOR the use of glutathione infusion, not against it.

N-Acetyl-Cysteine is an amino acid precursor to glutathione, is available at health food stores, is relatively inexpensive, and stinks, due to having a sulfur molecule. It is used in the emergency room for Acetominophen overdose.

Posts: 442 | From Biddeford, ME | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement