LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » bathroom visits are getting worse!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bathroom visits are getting worse!!
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've posted about this before. llmd just says ibs.

they've given me bentyl, vicodin, levsin, xanax,fiber, you name it,everything they can but nothing helps.

lower cramps start about 9 or 10 in the morning. just like a horse kicking me. then sudden urge to go.

into the bathroom and sit. then start having the shakes, overall body cramps and sweating. then cold chills so bad i get goosebumps..headache and nauseous, i get so weak i feel like i'm going to pass out and often get dizzy.

then i can feel my intestines actually moving and bad cramps.

i will literally fill the toliet. i have often flushed twice or three times. and i'm not constipated cause i do this every day.

i go back and have to sit and let this wear off.

i hate this. i either curl up on the sofa or go back into bed. heating pad, damp towels, nothing works. it just has to wear off.

i've been to gastros. no help there either.

any recommendations? seems to be getting worse.

dangggg.....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi .. gluten and/or dairy.

Hope you feel better soon!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Additives, too, can totally derail.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors;

GMO foods that destroy the GI Tract;

"Hidden" Sources of Gluten;

Dairy woes, even if tests say okay - read how others got much better off Diary. New York Times' Mark Bittman series.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
PORPHYRIA should be most seriously considered.

This also sounds like it could be a porphryia attack. If so, some of the Rx can be making it much worse, not better.

As you recently posted that you have become chemically sensitive . . .

http://ciin.org/mcs.html

About MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities)

. . . Disorders of Porphyrinopathy . . .

==============================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/91842?#000000

Topic: what type of M.D. tests for PORPHYRIA & HPU / KPU

Lists of which medications that can trigger an attack.

Many good links here, including specific herbal approaches to ease symptoms
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://www.quinoa.net/145/154.html

Scroll down to see QUINOA FLAKES, which can be found at most good groceries.

This is so important to have on hand for a food that you can tolerate. Just mix with a little water in a deep mug. Then add boiling water, cover for a couple minutes and you've got a well balanced gruel or "soup" which can be seasoned as you wish.

PEPPERMINT TEA, GINGER TEA can also help calm things down.

This may well be gluten &/or dairy issues. Or GMO foods that really can do this (see film: GMO Roulette for illustration and actual camera footage of GMO damage to the intestines).

I don't know how to say this but, if you do have porphyria, trying to chase this with one Rx cocktail after another can put you in severe danger.

You may be better off all avoiding all those meds, actually. But that would best be determined - and guided - by someone who

1. knows all about porphyria and

2. knows about alternative ways to help with comfort.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also try going organic with all of your vegetables.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might try drinking Kefir to help repopulate your gut with good bacteria.

Using a SOTA Magnetic Pulser on the abdomen would likely help the cramping pain.
The magnetic impulses generated by the machine adjust the electrical charges inside and outside the body's cells.

This helps the cells to work better, as nutrients and minerals like magnesium can pass through the cells like they should.

When the cells are working smoothly, cramping stops, inflammation goes down, and healing takes place.
Waste products like free radicals must exit the cells and nutrients like oxygen and glucose must enter the cells through the cell walls.

This is why magnets and magnetic impulses reduce pain and speed healing.
I read that plastic surgeons are using it now to reduce the swelling and pain after surgery.
Good, it's about time...I think all surgeons should be doing this.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi, floristor twice a day at first (2weeks) and then once a day had helped me incredibly. I take this daily, and then a rotate a variety of other probiotics. I have has what you describe. I always have issues, but when that happens, Usually it is when something else is going on... Intense migraines, lots of body aches, I suspect it happens when I am overdoing OTC meds or other meds or supps. For me I believe it is my body flushing toxins. Try the floristor.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Food allergies?

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Protomyxzoa can cause IBS and urinary problems. One person I know of had surgery which just made things worse. I can't remember if you are treating it or not. It causes some pretty weird symptoms.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on florastor and critical care. But I do take a lot of supps but most are recommended for lyme. So far I've stopped the elavil because it caused horrendous dry mouth and. Nightmares and a huge weight gain.

I've had ibs all my life but it seems to be worse.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by randibear:

I've had ibs all my life

-
Big clue right there.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

Well my mom had it really bad and so do two sisters. Like me theyve. Been tested for everything under the sun and viola!! Nothing....

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Forget testing. Eliminate foods. Some are like poison to our bodies.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Found this on the net about gluten:

"I spent years and years with IBS symptoms that would come and go. Sometimes the abdominal pain was so bad i would be sweating with the cramps. I also had the glands under my arms were swollen and so painful at times I could barely touch the skin.

I had the blood test for celiac and of course it was negative. I had a nutritional profile done by a natural doctor and it came back gluten intolerant but not allergic to wheat.

So I am two years almost, gluten free and my glands very rarly swell anymore and my stomach is so much better. It took about six months for the full benifits. I have been really strict with it too."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Testing is so unreliable.

I was in the same place as you. Only after I became gluten-free, totally, absolutely, always, without-a-doubt did I see relief. It can take months but, really, after even a week, I knew I was on the right tract.

All my prevous tests and procedures missed celiac. A genetic blood test finally confirmed what my body had been telling me my entire life. But even that blood test can miss - or someone may have certain issues that do not show on the test.

I think there's a whole population for whom gluten is poison but there is no test to show that.

But, dairy, and GMO foods should also be stopped for at least a couple months so you can see - I needed to do that, too. And my gut is so much better for it.

Changing what I put into my body - taking the effort to REALLY know - has saved my life. I have no doubt about that. Before I gave up gluten, dairy and GMO my gut felt like bombs had gone off - so oftem. Such agony.

My diet now is fabulous. I get marvelous flavor and excellent nutrients from real foods, nothing at all processed. And I feel blessed to have learned about all the garden herbs, spices, vegetables, etc. My diet is very rich in variety, even coming from very close to the earth.

I also have porphyria so I can recognize an attack before it begins. Something everyone needs to consider. Porphyria can be fatal. It's nothing to ignore.

So, while not everyone has this, a higher percentage of those with lyme can - or at least have "secondary porphyria" - even if not for ourselves, we may know someone whose life could depend on detail in that Porphyria links set.
-

jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjourneys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too had IBS for 40 years. Or at least I thought it was IBS - found out 5 years ago it was Celiacs - gluten allergy.

I've done much better since I've been on antibiotics since Jan - in fact, it is the one symptom that I keep telling the dr is finally under control for the first time in my life! Gluten free diet helped but didn't "cure" it.

Now, only if I have to go some place new or I get nervous does it affect me. Dr gave me pills that I can take when that happens, at least they slow it down within an hour.

Soaking in the bathtub was the only way I could get relief.

Posts: 250 | From East Coast | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Randi.. Please save yourself a lot of pain by listening to this and then doing more research.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnQlSICVUjQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLJSmJ0bMlk

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear, your body is screaming for you to change your diet. It's time.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

I have changed my diet. Mostly meat and vegetables some fruit. Tried almond and soy milk but couldnt tolerate it.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Cereal is not good for you, so just skip the milk.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

fourwinds
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fourwinds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear... I had very similar symptoms for several months... and it would hit me out of the blue.....

when I was able to leave the house, I was afraid to, not knowing if it would happen.

Once I was in a Target restroom for about 45 minutes, with my husband standing outside the door, in case I needed him to come in and get me..

Once I started taking Nystatin daily it started to subside. I also believe it was Bartonella die off in my gut because as I became more able to tolerate Bactrim DS it started going away.

Just my thoughts, but it IS miserable.

Posts: 396 | From EAPennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi,

I just sent you a PM...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

"Our gut bacteria contains the same metabolic pathway found in plants that is targeted and disrupted by Round Up. Is it any wonder that leaky gut syndrome, IBD, colitis and other gastrointestinal diseases have spiked since the onset of Round Up Ready GMO crops?"

-- Dr Stephanie Seneff, PhD, Senior Scientist at MIT--

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Watch this, then get the full length documentary. It could save your life. Really.

If you eat, you need to see this film. It's that important.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAMlir8oprw

GENETIC ROULETTE: The Gamble of Our Lives - 17 Minute Trailer

www.GeneticRouletteMovie.com

Genetic Roulette Movie - home site - see lots of detail here, purchase, explore

http://www.amazon.com/Genetic-Roulette-The-Gamble-Lives/dp/B00AVS2OKA

Seven-Day Rental for $3. from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Genetic-Roulette-The-Gamble-Lives/product-reviews/B00AVS2OKA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Amazon Viewer reviews - 100 five-star reviews

READ REVIEWS for additional insight regarding the importance of this film and the content.
-

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great links Keebler!

Hope you're feeling better Randibear. :)

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Wow, antibiotic marker genes in genetic engineering techniques:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI_J5Ylpka4

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement