LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Keebler>

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keebler>
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 8 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone seen or heard from (Keebler)?

I hope everything is okay!

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think she posted somewhere the other day. Hope she is A-OK!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did a seach Lymetoo on Keebler, her last post was on Feb. 3rd.

Just seems like a long time for her not post anything?

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmm...very odd. Keebler doesn't leave for long ever.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, does anyone have phone contact with her?

--------------------

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody??? This is strange. Keebler, where are you??

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel certain she is OK.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure she is okay, too. I think she's taking a break from the board.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
moving to general support

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Six. Everybody needs a break now and then.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a feeling she is fine and that's why she is enjoying a break:-)
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being fine would be very good. Hope you are out and about Keebler.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Keebler,

If you see this, would you PLEASE send me your e-mail address?? Thanks.

--------------------

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope Keebler is okay and didnt fall out of her tree house,,,like me.

Hopefully all is well!!! And she is just munching 'keebler' cookies.

Hopefully I didnt scare her last week with my observation.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:

Well, no, she's not.

She's pretty upset.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not able to send her a PM. What's up with that?

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Missing you Keebler
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keebler disabled her PM because she was getting to many messages and was not able to answer them all. I think we will be hearing from her soon. [Frown]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NOT a happy camper. We lost ANOTHER one of the oldies. WildCondor gone then others. The youth is taking over here!
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

There is no reason for her NOT to be on this board unless she doesn't want to be here.

I do hope she will post tomorrow.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carol I don't know the backstory. I hope that whatever upsetment happened can be resolved, as Keebler is one of the most valued people here.

Gael I hope you are right that we will hear from her soon.

Seek I hope you are wrong that another oldie is lost. Losing Wildcondor and BettyG were bad enough. The people here can't afford to lose Keebler.

Lymetoo I too hope she will post tomorrow.

Steve thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Keebler, I don't know what, if anything happened. All I know is that you are VERY MUCH appreciated and valued here. NO ONE does what you do. PLEASE please continue what you are doing. I hope you realize just how much you help people. You are irreplaceable.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Keebler.. are you back?? You are a vital part of Lymenet.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol in PA:
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:

Well, no, she's not.

She's pretty upset.

Carol

Is there anything I can do, or anyone can do to help her?

Carol, are you able to keep in touch with her?

[Frown] Keebler... I don't know what happened...
I hope you don't stay upset. You have helped me a lot. How can I help you?

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Received a well written email from Keebler. She is putting her energy towards regaining her health.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

This is what happened - http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/103500#000012

She was asked to take a look at the stickies and tell us how we could update them, as you can see by my posts. She was posting links, etc. in many threads in seeking, and we thought it was a good idea to ask her to update the stickies with that current information.

That way specific doctor information could be sent to newbies and we'd have the general information she was typing out so often all in one place where she could put a link to that single thread.

We *thought* it would be easier for Keebler, the newbie, and the people working in seeking a doctor. We had NO IDEA she would leave the board over the suggestion.

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

BTW, Bettyg left of her own accord, but was banned when she posted her "goodbye" post, which was deleted. She was told when she cooled off and could agree to the board rules, then she was welcome back. She never agreed nor asked to come back. We thought she'd come back in a couple weeks after she left.

Wild Condor was banned by the owners, for constantly criticizing them and the moderators over how the board was run. Most of those old posts are still there, you can read them yourself.

I don't think it's right to bring these kinds of things up all the time. We didn't ban Keebler, and I really don't think the suggestion we made was a negative one at all. How could we foresee her reaction?

Some here unreasonably jump on the moderators' cases an awful lot, yet no one stepped forward and was willing to help moderate when we asked for help. Don't complain about how things are done when you're not willing to pitch- in and help.

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
This is what really happened:

Lou Bachman email: Thursday, February 3, 2011 9:17 PM

Keebler,

An issue has been brought to my attention by the LymeNet Flash Moderator team and other users ... I have reviewed their input:

You are posting replies in the Seeking a Doctor forum that contain a significant number of links. Many new lyme victims simply cannot process all that information, they are mainly looking for LLMD names.

This is too much information for a newbie, very overwhelming and they will not absorb it all but most importantly it gets in the way of those trying to send out LLMD lists.

* Please do NOT post more than one link to the newbies in the Seeking a Doctor forum

* I suggest you post the "Quick Links to Popular Topics" since that is the entire reason for those links.

Thanks from the LymeNet Team for your cooperation, help and support of the victims of Lyme and other TBD's,

Lou B

PS - No one has directed you NOT to post in the Seeking a Doctor forum. You have simply been asked to slim down the number of links (volume of information) contained in your posts in the Seeking a Doctor forum.

Do you understand? Will you comply?

==================

LymeToo had PMed me earlier that day or the day before, suggesting that I post the link to the NEWBIE thread instead of what I think is most helpful.

PM

Lymetoo

posted 03 February, 2011 07:38 PM

Please DO NOT post links in Seeking a Doctor.

You may post the link to "Quick Links to Popular Topics" or ONE link to something specific the person needs.

Thank you for your cooperation!

-----------------------

Then, not ten minutes later, Lymetoo posted at this thread for everyone:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=103500;p=0

Topic: Go help at "Seeking a doctor"! Please.

posted 02-03-2011 07:46 PM

Need help!!

--------------------

A bit angry at that, I replied with a post something to the effect of "you are asking for everyone to help but you don't want MY help - to give posters other guiding links?

My question was deleted from my post by LymeToo. So, now, (in the thread wondering where I am) when she writes that I can post if I want to, I know that if it explains what happens, she could likely delete it again.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
After that, SGK suggested I do something with the Quick Links but this is not what that is about. It is about my being able to post what I think is helpful and tailored to what a particular posters asks.

If someone said there tests came back negative, I posted a set of diagnostic links explaining all that.

If someone said they'd been dx with ALS but the treatment of a year or so was not working, I posted links to ALS articles.

Etc.

Yes, the Quick Links might be able to use some addition. But this is not at all what this is about. SGK's suggestion came afterward. It was a good suggestion but, again, not at all what this about. I think people like some specific responses. I WANTED links when I started out and there was no where for me to see all that.

The Newbie thread is hard for my eyes to read. It would be nice with an INDEX feature but that just is not possible with the computer function here. So, individualized responses, I thought, were helpful.

But, yes, I do understand. I will comply. No more individualized links.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Keebler, I also pointed out to you that we would edit the Quick Link thread to contain any and all links that you thought were appropriate so that the people are still getting ALL the information you want them to have.

And yes, my suggestion did come afterward. If you had asked us to update them, we would have. I was just pointing that out to you. Either Lymetoo or Loub would have agreed to add things to the Newbie Links, too.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
LouB directed me to ONLY post the Newbie or Quick Links - and nothing of my own.

LymeToo said I could post ONLY ONE link. Well, that's just not enough.

My links are not in the Quick Links. A few may be but certainly not all. It's a very short set to work with and there are newer links as time move on.

To tell any poster that they cannot use their own good judgement to help someone find information dismantles the process.

I had tried to avoid this public debate by just staying quiet about this. But it is important to correct what's been "reported" as happening.

Again, this is not about saying, well you can post the link to this or that OTHER thread. it's about using my own judgement in what information I've read that I think might be of help to others.

But, life goes on.
-

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Your links and format is VERY helpful in the medical forum. VERY, VERY helpful. Also in general.

If you want the quick links changed or if you want to add a post to that thread, PM it to me and I'll put it there. Either way you want, either an added post or an edited format.

You could even have it be more than one post, ie, a post on diagnostic links, etc. Things that are relative to finding a doctor and diagnosis.

Things related to medical questions will come up later in the medical forum so don't really belong in seeking a doctor.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You can use these as you like. 3 sets of links, specifically for "Seeking a Doctor"

To follow.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Hopefully, others will be along with specific names that will be sent by PM to you. If not - or in addition -
---------------

To find your STATE Lyme Disease Association-

Web search: [your state], ``Lyme Disease Association'' and be sure that group is ILADS-minded

==========================

http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/UnitedStates/

LymeNet Listings - Support Groups

==========================

http://www.turnthecorner.org/content/selection-proper-physicians

Turn the Corner Foundation - Find Lyme Literate Medical Help

========================

* http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org

Lyme Disease Association

* http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=277&Itemid=368

LDA Doctor Referral System

=======================

An excellent site to learn more - for anyone in any state:

http://www.lymedisease.org/

California - Lyme Disease Association (CALDA) is a non-profit corporation acting as the central voice for all tick-borne disease issues.

==============================

When you get a doctor's name, be sure to check about their being what we call ILADS-educated or ILADS-minded. Talk to your local support groups, call the doctor's office and talk with the office manager about the doctor's affiliations and experience so that you might find a "good fit" for your particular case.

More about ILADS here:

www.ilads.org

ILADS - INTERNATIONAL LYME & ASSOCIATED DISEASES SOCIETY

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/2/13964?

Topic: How to find an ILADS-educated lyme literate (LL) professionals in these areas:

Naturopathic doctor (ND); Acupuncturist (L. Ac.), a doctor of Oriental Medicine (O.M.D.), or a doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine (D.Ay.), certified herbalists or nutritionists, . . .

** Includes many professional links, articles and books on complementary / integrative methods - & RIFE links -- all by LL authors.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=020605

MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR LLMD VISIT
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Diagnostics
--------------------

http://cassia.org/checklist.htm

Symptom checklist for lyme.

============================

http://cassia.org/essay.htm

When to Suspect Lyme - by John D. Bleiweiss, M.D.

============================

http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=11:rashes&Itemid=331

RASH PHOTOS - Tick-borne infections

(For lyme, a bulls eye rash is definitive. But only a few patients really ever get that classic rash. If a person has EVER has such a rash, that detail remains important for their lifetime.)

Lyme is supposed to be determined by a clinical diagnosis, from symptoms, history, physical and dialogue exam by an expert lyme literate doctor (LLMD). This explains why the testing is so tricky:

www.canlyme.com/seronegreasons.html

(27) REASONS WHY A SERONEGATIVE TEST RESULT MIGHT OCCUR

Not all labs do the tests correctly. One of the best independent labs for testing tick-borne infections.

www.igenex.com

IGENEX

====================

VERY important to read - even BEFORE testing:

Dr C's Western Blot explanation is discussed here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=042077#000000

and

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=042077

"With most infections, your immune system first forms IgM antibodies, then in about 2 to 4 weeks, you see IgG antibodies. In some infections, IgG antibodies may be detectable for years.

Because Borrelia burgdorferi is a chronic persistent infection that may last for decades, you would think patients with chronic symptoms would have positive IgG Western blots.

But actually, more IgM blots are positive in chronic borreliosis than IgG. Every time Borrelia burgdorferi reproduces itself, it may stimulate the immune system to form new IgM antibodies.

Some patients have both IgG and IgM blots positive. But if either the IgG or IgM blot is positive, overall it is a positive result.

Response to antibiotics is the same if either is positive, or both. Some antibodies against the borrelia are given more significance if they are IgG versus IgM, or vice versa.

Since this is a chronic persistent infection, this does not make a lot of sense to me. A newly formed Borrelia burgdorferi should have the same antigen parts as the previous bacteria that produced it.

But anyway, from my clinical experience, these borrelia associated bands usually predict a clinical change in symptoms with antibiotics, regardless of whether they are IgG or IgM."

===============================

Lyme may or may not be the underlying infection for some chronic illnesses. But, if there is lyme there are often other tick-borne infections to consider.

And, if whether it is lyme (or not), there are also even other chronic "stealth" infections that evade detection that can cause similar health problems.

In addition to the usual coinfections from ticks (such as babesia, bartonella, ehrlichia, RMSF, etc.), there are some other chronic stealth infections that an excellent LLMD should know about:
----------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=069911#000000

TIMACA posted 03 August, 2008

I would encourage EVERY person who has received a lyme diagnosis to get the following tests.

- at link.

There are many reasons to go ONLY to an ILADS-minded LLMD for diagnostics. However, if for some reason you find yourself with a doctor who is not LL, and they suggest either of the two things below, you need to know this:

* AVOID LUMBAR PUNCTURE (also called spinal tap). Many doctors want this done but it is NOT a good test for lyme and other tick-borne and stealth infections also have less invasive testing methods).

* AVOID STEROIDS if as they can make lyme (and other stealth infections) much worse and much harder to treat.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Where someone asks why their GP or an ID doctor isn't offering help, some of these links explain WHY an ILADS-educated doctor is so important.

Some of the basics regarding self-care are also included:
--------------------

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_research/lyme_articles4.html

Lyme Disease: Two Standards of Care

by Lorraine Johnson, JD (revised 2005)

=========================

http://www.clinicaladvisor.com/controversy-continues-to-fuel-the-lyme-war/article/117160/

CONTROVERSY CONTINUES TO FUEL THE "LYME WAR"

Discusses differences in the methods of the IDSA from those of ILADS - and why you need an ILADS-minded doctor

========================

http://www.lymedisease.org/news/lyme_disease_views/592.html

THE HUMAN FACE OF TICK-BORNE DISEASE - by Pamela Weintraub

October 11, 2010 at the Institute of Medicine (IOM) Talk on state-of-the-science Lyme workshop. She is author of CURE UNKNOWN

=================================

http://tinyurl.com/5crsjv

CURE UNKNOWN: Inside the Lyme Epidemic (2008) - by Pamela Weintraub

This details what an entire family went through. Having this knowledge of their journey will help others to get better, faster treatment.

http://www.cureunknown.com

http://www.underourskin.com

Documentary: UNDER OUR SKIN

(you can purchase for $35 at the site or see if you local lyme support group has a copy to lend.)

========================

http://www.lymepa.org/html/dr__j__burrascano_september_20_0.html

Burrascano's Powerpoint SLIDE presentation 9-20-08

------------
http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Advanced Topics in Lyme Disease (Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines for Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses

Dr. Burrascano's Treatment Guidelines (2008) - 37 pages

------------
As important as any supplements, sections regarding self-care:

Go to page 27 for SUPPORTIVE THERAPY & the CERTAIN ABSOLUTE RULES

and also pages 31-32 for advice on a safe, non-aerobic exercise plan and physical rehabilitation.

----------------------
This is included in Burrascano's Guidelines, but you may want to be able to refer to it separately, too:

http://www.lymepa.org/Nutritional_Supplements.pdf

** Nutritional Supplements in Disseminated Lyme Disease **

J.J. Burrascano, Jr., MD (2008) - Four pages

It's very important to have this book as a reference tool for self-care and support measures. It answers so many questions in detail that is impossible here on the forum.

http://tinyurl.com/6lq3pb (through Amazon)

THE LYME DISEASE SOLUTION (2008)- by KS, MD

You can read more about it here and see customer reviews.

Web site: www.lymedoctor.com

http://www.lymebook.com/insights-lyme-treatment-strasheim-book

INSIGHTS INTO LYME DISEASE TREATMENT

- by Connie Strasheim

This book is based on interviews with 13 Lyme-Literate Health Care Practitioners. Each practitioner is given one chapter in which to share their healing strategies

http://www.lymebook.com/steven-harris

On-line Sample Chapter from the book: Chapter 1

==================================

http://www.lymeinfo.net/index.html

LYME INFO Website

* details about Lyme disease symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention

* peer-reviewed medical literature
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
SGK,

If you want to add any of these to Quick Links, that is up to you.
I appreciate your desire for a good resolution. I really do.

But, due to the commands of the other two, I will follow and post nothing more of my own judgement. I do understand and I will comply.

Maybe what I've left here will help.
-

lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fact is that the newby links have grown like topsy and it is a brave newby that will sort thru this very long list.

Maybe we could have keeblers links as another sticky, just like she has posted them above. If they are just added to the newby list they will be lost. Each grouping should have a specific explanatory name for easy reference.

She has spent a great amount of time helping people and we would hate to lose her. But sometimes it is necessary to pass the torch, or take time off, or concentrate on one's own life.

Don't be a stranger keebler. We value you and hope your health will improve. Let us help you if you need it.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

"Lymetoo

posted 03 February, 2011 07:38 PM

Please DO NOT post links in Seeking a Doctor.

You may post the link to "Quick Links to Popular Topics" or ONE link to something specific the person needs.

Thank you for your cooperation!"

Keebler.. It's not nice to post private conversations.. but maybe I should post the one where I asked you very nicely to tone it down. You ignored that and I had to be very blunt.. as above.

Then you "called me out" publicly instead of keeping your PM's OPEN as they had been so we could discuss it privately.

PS.. One link IS enough as long as it contains the other links as in the Quick Links.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
LymeToo,

As the PMs were directed to me, it's up to me to share or not. Nothing was said to keep it secret.

Other ASKED what happened. Others offered explanation that were not accurate, so I was forced to correct that. There is no reason to not share the actual turn of events. I had hoped not to have to but, it was required to clear things up.

As for your first PM to me, I had no idea that was from you as a MODERATOR. I thought it was just your opinion and I simply differed with my own style. You did not say it was as a moderator at all, so it really never occurred to me.

The link for the physical referral for Turn the Corner Foundation is not in quick links, nor are many others. the point is that if someone asks a specific question as they also ask for a LLMD, they should be able to get that question answered or a link to detail about it.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I see how you may have been confused.. but we could have cleared that up in a private message.

I don't think it's a good idea to post private messages here without the person's permission.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lou:
The fact is that the newby links have grown like topsy and it is a brave newby that will sort thru this very long list.

Maybe we could have keeblers links as another sticky, just like she has posted them above. If they are just added to the newby list they will be lost. Each grouping should have a specific explanatory name for easy reference.

She has spent a great amount of time helping people and we would hate to lose her.

Very true, Ms Lou!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Keebler:

LymeToo,

As the PMs were directed to me, it's up to me to share or not. Nothing was said to keep it secret.

Private messages should be private .. that is what it means.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a newbie, I did not go pouring through link after irrelevant link,which others thought might be relevant to every single newbie but not necessarily relevant to the nuances of my case. I was not up to that.

I sought information for details that were specific to me. Then, when questions arose as a result of that research, I looked further. I can't imagine that others are much different.

The fact that Keebler responds with a thorough answer, with links tailored to the question being asked by the poster is invaluable.

The newbie (or not) doesn't have to click on each link if they don't want to. They know this, as they likely are not martians.

The idea that the "veterans" always know how a "newbie" is thinking and feeling is flawed.

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Carly,

It's good to know that a tailored reply worked for you. I hope you found what you needed.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
LymeToo,

I did not consider those private as they were a new policy of sorts - if it was meant to be top secret, it should have been noted. Otherwise, its a record of conversation that I can share if I choose.

But, I did try to not share the details - I replied privately to those who posted and only offered my own words and account.

I kept quiet about all this -- until forced to when misinformation was posted. As a former journalist, I just can't let misinformation stand. Clarity works better for me. The only way to do that is to go directly to the source.

The truth, actual words, are often best to clear up questions. One should never be afraid to have anything they say or write see the light of day.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Keebler's help is still HELP that is needed.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

steve1906
Member # 16206

To all,

Maybe I shouldn't have started this post! I was just concerned for the welfare, and well being of someone that has helped a lot of people. But now that I have, it's time to move forward.

We are taking away the main purpose of this very helpful site, which is helping others.

Keebler, we all love you, and I think you should now that by now! Politics will never go away, and I hope you don't either.

I took the time to read all relating Emails that got us to this point. I think both sides have valuable points, I hope we can all come to a resolution and put this to rest.

With that said, Keebler, please continue posting and helping others that need you very badly. You are one of the most helpful contributors we have here.

We also have so many other very educated Lyme Members, and I thank-you all for taking the time to help us. I've been an active member of Lymenet for more than two and a half years, and compared to a lot of you, including ``Keebler'' I feel somewhat of a novice. I try my best to do as much research as possible, and then sure it with others.

The point is, we all need each other! Lets put our energy into helping each other.

Sometimes it's healthy to have these type of debates, I can only hope it makes us a stronger family!

Also, from time to time I like to thank the Moderators for all that they do, so, ``Thank You''!

--------------------

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keebler - I just want you to know that you have helped me in my treatment. You are one of the people that got me one step closer to the light at the end of the tunnel.

Group hug

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amen to that!

I don't know what I would do without this site.
Everyone has been very helpful and caring.

[Smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May by the grace of God,,and the friendship of this family of Lymenet members continue forever!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

seekhelp
Member # 15067

[Smile] Yes Just Don. I agree.
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to understand why Keebler was asked to not post so many links. Was there a rash of newbies complaining about this on a continuing basis?

We have been blessed to have a Teacher, Professor, Journalist and most helpful educator on board here. It took me yrs to surf the internet to find this kind of invaluable information.

I would rather have many links to sort through and decide what will help me the most than not to have choices.

I have had the worst neuro/brain fog in the world, and I would still want to have as much info as possible to chose from. Lets not "dumb down " valuable information and give the newbies the option to make their own choices.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I was wondering why this was a problem.

And if these links are meant mostly for newbies, why not post them at the top of seeking doctor forum as a sticky? So, then newbies would get a start, hopefully get help finding a doc, then later if they had more questions, could consult the very long newby links elsewhere.

So, my suggestion: Post keeblers links as a sticky at the top of seeking doc forum, and call it something like "getting started."

Basically, what she is doing with the links she has listed on this thread is boil down to the basics. Chapter one. Chapter two is the already existing newby links on anoher forum.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lou:
Yes, I was wondering why this was a problem.

And if these links are meant mostly for newbies, why not post them at the top of seeking doctor forum as a sticky? So, then newbies would get a start, hopefully get help finding a doc, then later if they had more questions, could consult the very long newby links elsewhere.

So, my suggestion: Post keeblers links as a sticky at the top of seeking doc forum, and call it something like "getting started."

Basically, what she is doing with the links she has listed on this thread is boil down to the basics. Chapter one. Chapter two is the already existing newby links on anoher forum.

We are going to do that. That is what we asked for her input on...... See what LouB said as the reason.

--(also see what Six wrote above)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Sorry, I was gone most of the day. It's late now, I hope to get to this tomorrow. I do plan on compiling them into a sticky, but I want to do it when I'm fresh. Good night, all.

--------------------

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Glad you are back Keebler!!!

I also LOVE our moderators. Thank you ALL for all of your hard work!!

Keebler, I really like the way you post your links.

If we could vote on this issue, I would vote that Keebler keeps posting like she has been. She is a great help to others.

Just my opinion.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My hat's off to the moderators.

You all are amazingly committed spending your valuable time helping others with invaluable information...life changing information actually.

As I read the posts something caught my eye. I noticed the moderators posts are not counted.

Keeping that in mind something else caught my eye as I read the posts, there is only one person on this thread who has "10K posts".

There are several in second place with "5K posts".

[kiss] [group hug]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, daisy.. very kind of you. [Smile]

not sure what you mean that our posts are not counted .. I think they are ..?

--if we all hang together, we will make it!--

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
O_M_Gosh....they ARE counted! I missed that...I never noticed them at the bottom! Oh, WOW!!! WOW!!!

Queen Lymetoo tutu!!!!!!

[bonk] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SEREN J WEED
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEREN J WEED     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree with all the praise that is being heaped on Keebler...and then some...Super Woman!

Bty, my friends call this the Keebler Board. I guess I reference that name a lot.

Thanks for all the amazing work and I don't have a clue how you do it.

--------------------
SEREN WEED

Posts: 116 | From LOS ANGELES | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

SGK I am sorry to have brought up BettyG and Wildcondor.

I do not know all the details behind what happened in those cases, but I do know that there was a falling out which caused them to be banned and/or opt not to return.

Regardless of what happened, they are no longer here and it is a loss to this forum.

The thought of losing Keebler was very disturbing to me which prompted my post.

I do appreciate that the mods are UNPAID VOLUNTEERS and spend a lot of time on the boards helping many people.

And touche, SGK, you are absolutely right. Some do jump on the moderators and it is disturbing that when you all asked for more moderators that no one stepped forward.

But at the same time the mods ought to make note of the opinions of the lymenet posters.

As for me, I do agree with Gael. I too do not understand why Keebler was asked to not post so many links.

During my darkest days I researched everything I could get my hands on. I depended on the kindness and knowledge of strangers like Keebler.

It is quite wonderful and unique to end up on a forum like this where you can ask a question and someone you don't know kindly responds so quickly with information and links that it would otherwise take you weeks/months/years to find.

That is what Keebler has done. She has provided a service that NO ONE else here has. Why should the way she provides invaluable information change?

I would hope that lymenet recognizes all its assets, especially the people who have provided the most value to its members.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SEREN J WEED:

Bty, my friends call this the Keebler Board.

That's quite a tribute to Keebler and all she has done here!

Looking through all the extended posting that Keebler has now made for us re links for newbies, I think there is so much good info there that it is best as a sticky at the top.

We who help give referrals out should know about referring to the sticky, then.

Or anyone who doesn't send a referral to someone seeking a doctor could still tell someone to look at the sticky.

Or maybe it could be included as part of littlebit's message, since she responds to everyone seeking a doctor I think?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Good news and bad news. Ever since I had Lyme, my left shoulder has been locked up .... my shoulder blade has been locked down. Well, yesterday I got adjusted and then did pilates. After a few years of limited mobility, my shoulder seems to have unlocked. I thought this shoulder limitation was permanent damage. There was no pain, just limited movement.

The bad news is my muscles are very upset about it and I am in a lot of pain from it. I am getting a massage later because my massage therapist has seen this coming, he has mentioned to me that it had increased mobility, so I'm hoping he can help calm down the muscles.

I do plan on taking care of the links, but it's not looking like I can today.

I agree with almost everything that has been said on both sides.

Keebler is a tremendous asset to the board. Her links are always relevant and helpful. I've often wondered myself how she constantly puts all this information together for people.

I plan on putting some time into organizing the top of seeking a doctor and using her links in a way that is helpful to new members. As many people who post here, we also have at least that many who don't and only read, so I think we will reach even more people this way. But since I can't do it today and since our weekends are always crazy busy, it will be next week.

Also, she has not been asked to limit her posts elsewhere. The idea was to keep the seeking a doctor forum simple, just doctor recommendations. Their questions about diagnosis, treatment, misdiagnosis, etc., can and should be covered in medical where there are more of us to answer them.

We do listen to people's suggestions ..... but not really when they're on the board in the form of complaints. If you have suggestions, please either report a relevant post because that goes to all moderators, or PM one of us with it and we will talk about it.

Maybe as a compromise, those who regularly send out lists in seeking a doctor can encourage the newbies who post there to post topics in medical questions and we can all give more detailed responses there.

--------------------

garunner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for garunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many people do an excellent job on this board, but I have always thought that Keebler was the MVP. What I wouldn't have given to have received so much valuable information from one source when I was first learning about Lyme! Please let her keep doing what's she been doing.

--------------------
IV graduate. As of 1/10, oral Omnicef, Minocyline, Mycobutin, Levaquin, and Flagyl. Lyrica and a bunch of supplements.

Posts: 123 | From Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by garunner:
Please let her keep doing what's she been doing.

Please read the above posts. (esp Six's)

Thanks for posting!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Six, glad your shoulder is better, massage seems wonderful helps:-)
As for Keebler, I just don't understand how links may be a problem, thos who don't want to check them just won't and that's it... we want Keebler back the way she is!!!

Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Thanks, Shahbah, mobility is better, but I'm in a lot of pain. It has me pretty incapacitated today. All I can do it sit here until my massage at 1. [Frown]

Keebler is going to keep posting same as always, the only change is in seeking a doctor. Everything else is the same. We're having stickies put at the top of seeking with her information so anyone coming to the board can see it. Please read my previous post. I don't understand the uproar about this. Same information, better setup, no changes except for seeking a doctor.

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement