LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Amalgam - The Menace of the Mouth! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Amalgam - The Menace of the Mouth!
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, $30k? What an insane pricetag for dental work. [Frown] Not fair.

quote:
Originally posted by chaps:
The estimate I received was $30,0000.00 for my case. That includes the removal and replacement of 3 teeth with amalgam fillings, the removal of a root canal tooth replaced by bridge and crowns of two adjacent teeth, removal of 7 crowns with amalgam buildups underneath, replaced with composite buildups and porcelain crowns, and bridging of a missing molar.

I would not consider replacing any missing teeth with an implant after reading about the risks pointed out by DAMS International which are as follows:

1. The bite can be too hard, the fixture, collar, and tooth system lacks the periodontal ligament shock-absorbing cushion that a natural tooth has.

2. The gums do not snug up to an implant the way they do with a natural tooth, leaving an opening for bacteria to travel down into the jawbone.

3. Patients who have lost teeth may not have properly healthy jawbones for holding the implant. Smokers, diabetics, people with osteoarthritis, periodontal disease or jawbone disease are poor risks for implants.

4. There is the concern over the implantation of the titanium or titanium-aluminum-vandadium alloy into a jawbone. It raises allergy and toxicity concerns. The titanium alloy is used instead of pure titanium in order to decrease susceptibility to corrosion and to improve the material's strength. But vanadium and aluminum need to be avoided because of toxicity concerns. Even titanium can cause allergic reaction in a significant fraction of the population. Hal Huggins says "I have personally seen multiple sclerosis stimulated within one week of placing titanium implants. The compatibility test showed titanium to be compatible, yet it caused MS." Some dentists are using zirconia as a better alternative to the metal base.

5. Given that the typical life span of a tooth implant is 10 years, neither the high cost, nor the risks are justifiable.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi that is true, but one must start somewhere, then follow through with other detox methods.

Chaps and LymieMD - thanks for the info. Wow! I thought it would be quite expensive. Luckily, I don't have that many issues, so I'll look into it after more research on the subject and the dentists I have listed.

Posts: 217 | From Earth | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://tuberose.com/Biocompatible_Dental_Materials.html

docdave
this would not copy and paste for some reason

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:I1uVBKdwItsJ:www.flcv.com/neurohg.html
+what+is+ataxia+klinghardt&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was covered under my dental policy because my fillings were so old. I just had to pay the extra for the white fillings.

I had part done in one year and part in the other so I could get the most possible covered.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dental insurance plan only applies to dentists who are part of their network. The only dentists who are part of their network are the newbies right out of dental school.

Established dentists who aren't desperate to build their practices are too greedy to be part of an insurance network and agree to their fee structures.

And just like homeopathic physicians, most holistic dentists (at least the ones around here) don't want to hear the word insurance.

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fortunately, I had this work done in 1991, so my biological dentist did accept insurance. No telling if he still does .... we've moved since then.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, the bottom line is that every tooth in my head needs something done to it. Fortunately, I have only one root canal tooth that needs to be removed. Crowns will be placed on the adjacent teeth and the missing tooth will be replaced via bridge, instead of putting in an implant. That 3-tooth bridge is going to cost a pretty penny. It all averages out to more than a thousand per tooth.

What makes it so expensive is that metal-free restorations are more expensive than composites. And this dentist is high-priced. It's because he's very good and he's also located in an area where the social elite reside.

Sadly, in our society, taking care of one's health is becoming a luxury only affordable to the wealthiest Americans. And based on recent events, it looks like this problem is only going to get worse.

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking up NAC in the search section and found this post. Glad I did, I'm getting all my amalgams replaced in January by a Huggins protocol following dentist.

I had the patience to read every post. Found it quite amusing that Mr. Bigz never came back with any scientific research.

Just felt like resurrecting an awesome fun filled informative post on amalgams.

Wondering if I should wait to take NAC until after my procedure? Or during? Or is it ok to take now...?

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8man12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scientific research, sounds like a plan. Now lets talk the millions of Americans who have perfect health and never had there fillings removed. I bet you have friends and family who are in that bunch. NOW lets talk chronic Lyme.

Were you hospitalized for at least 2 weeks?
Were you still able to walk and take meds by yourself?

Did you have a pacemaker installed?

Were you confined to a wheelchair?

The list could go on and on for chronic lyme. Feeling sick does not come close to chronic lyme.

There is more Mercury in the air then what comes off a persons fillings in over 80% of the states in the USA.

ALSO many chronic lyme suffers have been given there health back without many of the protocols SOME patients used here.

If your a new lyme patient, you do not have to run out and sell your home to get your teeth redone.

Find a good doctor that knows lyme disease.
There are many patients on this site who indeed are hypochondriacs. They have been here for years and have taken about anything someone puts on the board.

Though there is good advice here there is much thats not needed.
I have heard from many new lyme patients the things they read here scare them and they have no hope in getting well.

Many chronic lyme patients are well today and they did not have to take horse or pig wormer...etc..

I urge you to find a lyme literate doctor and follow his or her protocol.

As far as staying on topic look at all the healthy people in this world with Mercury fillings.

The difference between them and yourself is a tick bite.

There is a lot of good help and protocols here. It is probably the best site on the web, but you don't have to go as far as some to become well.

BB, is a bacterial infection, you need antibiotics, and vitamins that boost the immune system.

I would like to see a very comprehensive 7 day urine analysis of some of these patients full of Mercury because I bet most never even had one.

But their full of Mercury and won't get well to many on this board.

If you are new there is hope you DO NOT need to go to Germany...etc..to get well.

Find a decent lyme doctor.

If you think your fillings are effecting you that bad have a 7 or 10 day urine sample sent to Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic or any good establishment.

Posts: 510 | From NEVERLAND.USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that some dentists and others whose own health does not seem to have been impacted by a mouthful of amalgams would be sceptical.....

My take on this is that some people's immune systems, perhaps for genetic detox reasons, seem to be able to handle processing mercury better than others.

I was diagnosed as mercury-sensitive by the late Jack Levinson, author of 'Menace in the Mouth', advisor to the 1990's 'Panorama' BBC 1 TV programme of the same name, former President of the British Society for Mercury Free Dentistry, Committee Member of the Environmental Medicine Foundation and member of the British Dental Editors Forum.

He has a terrific 'CV', including having been responsible for the dental sections of the Allergy and Environmental Medicine Depts. of the Wellington and Lister Hospitals.

I saw him at the end of his career, when he was still acting as advisor to many clinics, whilst running a practice confined to testing for mercury toxicity and advising patients and dentists on protective procedures.

His testing led to the firm conclusion that, although reaction to mercury in acute cases is dose-dependent, in chronic cases, it is dependent on dose [ie number of fillings], length of time of exposure and host resistance [health of patient].

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitmore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitmore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a root canal exactly 1 year ago. It was during a crown replacement and there was no infection. The dentist said that the drilling had gone so close the root that a root canal would be necessary in a few months. I knew no better and allowed her to proceed. I've had no problems since.

Question: Sine there was no infection, would it be advisable to remove this tooth? Or should I adopt a 'wait and see' approach, assuming I need to be on the lookout for jaw pain?

Sue

Posts: 226 | From Princeton | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8man I'm not a hypochondriac, I have a great Lyme literate doc, and the last time I got one tiny amalgam replaced by a regular dentist, I would up in the ER. Guess what, they couldn't figure out why.

I'm a fairly functional chronic Lyme patient but I do feel like amalgam replacement is a good choice for me.

Yea I have a lot of family members with amalgam fillings that are perfectly "healthy". My mom is so healthy she has high chlestorol high blood pressure fibromyalgia etc etc. my dad can smoke and drink not exercise and all that's wrong with him so far is high blood pressure.

There Are tons of healthy people with amalgams, everyone thinks I look healthy as a bright pink crying new born. I'm on abx, I'm on herbs, im addressing gut issues and my high viral/pathogen load with a trained doctor.

My trained doctor doesn't tell me I have to get this amalgam replaced, she's seen people get well without doing it . It's a choice people make. I for one choose to lessen my toxic load so that I can detox dead borellia Bart and babs instead of detoxing mercury.

Maybe I'm not glad I resurrected this post. Next time I'm up late with a tindamax headache I'll make sure to not surf lymenet.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Hg is one of the things that upregulates Hsp70.

But we have to deal with Bb's Hsp60 too.

Bb is triggering cell survival.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Question: Sine there was no infection, would it be advisable to remove this tooth? Or should I adopt a 'wait and see' approach, assuming I need to be on the lookout for jaw pain?

The problem with root canals is that even though they may be or are already failing, they do not hurt. I had many of them and while the rest of my body was in pain, I had no pain in my jaw or mouth. Root canals are dead teeth and create thioether and mercaptans, according to research one of the worst carcinogens. How much the body can deal with is the next question.

Take care.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/images/stories/powerpoints/acam.pdf?chakra_shop=0a9c11fad9c9227d208109b1dcd3c721

Pages 64 and 65

8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8man12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many people have helped thousands of patients on this site I check it every once in awhile. I have been helping patients on the net since 1996 . I started in the Massachusetts Neuro web Forums.

I have emailed so many politicians and had many friends and relatives help also on issues with lyme bills etc. Many of the people here on lymenet have done the same and more.

I will agree that flushing toxins helps but check out how much mercury your breathing just in the air in your area.

Since all these treatments started showing up here a local doctor started countering them.
A few patients who felt mercury was not curing them had the 10 day urine test sent to CCF.

They were all by far under the limit.
Most had a more severe deficiency, vitamin D. And Calcium in most women.

You can shed toxins 5x faster drinking as much magic elixir as possible. (WATER).

Even a healthy person is going to feel much wellness keeping their body as clean as possible.

But let me tell you many chronic lyme patients are 95% well again, they didn't have to buy a solid foam mattress, rip the electric wires out of the walls of their house, etc.

As far as worms, parasites, etc. They will die from the antibiotics. Antibiotics is poison to the body and the worms, parasites, and even the BB itself.

If you want to kill the unknown viruses, parasites, yeast and all the other parts of this soup that the tick gave your body learn to make your OWN colloidal silver.

You will not turn blue, but buying it will break you ,making it costs about $1 a gallon.

If for a minute you think that the electric in your house, your fillings etc. are keeping you from getting better on a good broad treatment plan
then going by all your friends as control units they should be as sick as a chronic lyme patient.

BUT since they are healthy and happy, and have a life, believe me its the tick soup you need to treat. And since 1985 I have known many lyme patients who are well with mercury fillings. And they have lights on in their homes.

How about this, did you know if you treat your pain symptoms ,along with the lyme many have gotten well faster. Pain causes stress, stress slows or even reverses anything you try to do to get better. Treat the pain kill the bacteria and unknown viruses and you will have your life back.

If the 20 or better lyme patients I have known in the last 3 years had even a medial mercury level I would pay the $650 dollars to go listen to this doctor speak.

Like I have said if your convinced your full of mercury have the 7 or 10 day urine panel ran. Not the hair test it will not show as high as the urine.

Certainly some have mercury go into there organs, BUT I can tell you you put far worse things in your body that it doesn't flush as easy as it does what little mercury there is. OSHA found work limits in mills at as high as 50% in workers with no mercury fillings. The non factory study patients tested at like 3.5 %, WITH the average of 6 fillings.

If mercury fillings caused MS, and all these other diseases think how many of your friends would be severely debilitated. How many of your nieces, or nephews, or own children are deathly ill from your mercury fillings?

If you go by some of these %s of poorly documented studies these people would be in a far worse state of health than the average lyme patient. BUT again look around these people are healthy, they ride bikes, horses, ski, they have a fun life full of energy.

Posts: 510 | From NEVERLAND.USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

It's a good thing, 8man12, that we all have a choice.

The important thing is learning and knowledge.

I would hate to see my grandchildren go through what I went through or what my husband went through before he finally lost his battle with death less than a month ago. He was highly toxic with lead - mostly from his exposure during WWII and the added mercury didn't help. It takes a long time to get rid of it all, once you finally figure it out, and sadly he did not have enough time to accomplish that. He paid with his life. And I lost my life partner.

Lyme will survive beautifully in a metal toxic body. As I watch people passing me in the street, few look like they are riding horses and riding bikes and I certainly don't see many "fun life full of energy". Maybe you live in a different world where everyone is still young and beautiful.

I would hate to tell the parents and the children who suffer from autism that what they are suffering from was Lyme and could not possibly also be caused by their mother's exposure to amalgam as well as other environmental toxins, because none of them would ever be cured.

Have you ever watched a group of two or three autistic children, next to each other. Say thank you that you are not the one who has to deal with this year in and year out. I have seen them when they arrive with their parents as they are treated for their various problems. All of them also suffer from Lyme and some of the other infections we all know enough about. Lyme only survives in a metal and chemical toxic body

Lyme wasn't all that common before the seventies when the phthalates started to invade our lives and with them more toxic metals and chemicals. The children were vaccinated - today they have about 30some vaccinations and more before they enter school. I am sure you also have heard of thimerisol in vaccines? If not, look it up.

I found my own seven week old son dead in his bed less than eight hours after his morning vaccination, preserved with thimerisol --- mercury. That was some 45 years ago and believe it, I have yet to forget that and never will until they day I close my eyes for the last time.

I don't need any studies. Dr. K. has collected thousands of studies over the last 35 years. My doctor doesn't need any more studies. He has been fighting mercury for 30some years. For 15 years, I have watched people appear at my doctor's office so ill that is is depressing, and I would encourage you to show up there some day and tell them what you are trying to tell us here. I have held many by the hand over the years helping them through the misery of detoxing these poisons and I really get quite upset when I find these naive comments from you making sweet shipping cream out of methyl mercury. There is not much worse than having your brain destroyed by mercury and the family having to face their loved one with dementia and Alzheimers at a time when they should be able to enjoy their golden years.

Kindly do a reality check before you add any more nonsense to this thread

Mercury is a killer and opens the door for all infections, including Lyme and the disease called cancer. "They" don't ride bikes and horses, nor are they full of life and energy. They eventually die a miserable death unless they find a doctor who knows better. It's well worth for any medical professional to pay the sixhundredandfifty dollars to take a three day time-out and learn how to do it to help their sick patients get their life back before it's too late.

Take care.

8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

As I sit here typing there is not 1 sick person on my street. My whole family is healthy, they do all the things I mentioned and more. All have some mercury fillings. Their children and my children were exceptional athletes.

The Salk vaccine gave us more problems than anything you can imagine. Thats why to treat lyme or any infection you have to super boost the immune system. High dose vitamin C works well even without the salt. You have to build up slowly.

I am giving you numbers and I'm certain patients here can do there own. All they have to do is look around them. For every chronic sick person in this country there is probably 1k or more who are fine.

Why are these lyme patients testing far below the cutoff for mercury levels?

I know many lyme patients who were chronic, some had to be hospitalized numerous times for weeks, and you don't stay in a hospital if your not very sick, insurances do not allow it. One had to have her knees broke 4 times and today she is well. A good antibiotic regimen, some herbs, or Colloidal Silver made in house, added for viruses and all the other unknown that even most LLMDs do not test for,or wouldn't even know to test for because many are unknown to man at this time.

I also am not arguing I am posting this so patients do not think the only way to be cured is to near shut yourself off from the world. And think they need to rob a bank.

As far as electric fields effecting the body there was a study done on workers at large grocery stores, etc, that has florescent lighting.

Again these people are healthy, sure some have problems but mercury or even BB, is not the cause for some of these conditions.

Also many that have went the mercury route that were severely chronic labeled lyme did no better as far as being cured.

Now studies do show mercury in many patients with illnesses but 7 out of 10 with the same illness rid the mercury from there body or show only slight levels of it. The other 3 area still below the control level by a long shot.

Even without the fillings what do you do for air? Mercury is in the air we breath.

Every lyme patient that had the urine panel done had super small amounts of mercury in them, how do we explain this and does this doctor run the 7 or 10 day test it should be no shorter than 7 days but should be administered before the patient goes overboard trying to detox and depletes many nutrients needed along with the tiny amount of mercury to get well.

When these posts get 25 hits and a new lyme patient comes to this site many think they need all these treatments and they do not have the cash for it. It would be nice if we had a advanced treatment topic that patients could take the big leap if there financially able to.

You would not believe patients I have sent here through the years that were near suicidal because they thought the only way to get better was these certain expensive treatments.

It happened last month that is why I am posting and telling these patients the basic regime has cured or gave many most of their lives back.

Look through the last 7 years of all your posts from electronic stimulating machines to mercury, etc. Lyme is treatable, and some do have complicated cases that require far more treatment. But it can and has been treated as I said above. I have talked to many who even went to Germany and it was a bust, they got no better.

The Mattman test the doctor talks about, a PA. University studied three pictures that were given to patients showing the BB in their cells, etc.
They were the exact same. How do you explain this? And the man believes he is picking up where she left off.

Water
http://www.ehow.com/about_5372686_can-lots-water-cleanse-body.html

Also be it cancer, etc, everyone has to die sometime, the old will die and the young may die.

I would chalk most of today's cancers far more to the contaminated Salk Vaccine then to mercury.

I am very sorry to hear about your husband. Prayers are sent, and may God give you the strength to go on, one day you will be reunited where there's no pain and sickness, or sorrow.

[ 11-21-2011, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: 8man12 ]

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8man wrote:
There is more Mercury in the air then what comes off a persons fillings in over 80% of the states in the USA.

Although it's difficult to get an accurate number, it is estimated that more than 50% of the mercury in the air is not caused by natural emissions but by human activities.
http://www.greenfacts.org/en/mercury/l-3/mercury-4.htm#4p0

Just because some are allowed to force us to breath mercury polluted air does not mean that it makes sense for us to allow even more mercury (a potent neurotoxin) into our bodies.

By condoning/allowing amalgams we are putting even more mercury into the environment due to the waste that is created by amalgams.

8man wrote:
There are many patients on this site who indeed are hypochondriacs.

Like so many misguided medical personell you must be under the impression that if the medical community does not know about it then it does not exist!

Far too often the patient is blamed if they don't get well with the knowledge and treatments that are currently accepted by the allopathic community.

If someone does not get well with one size fits all then there is a need to look for complicating factors because we don't know everything there is to know.

As pointed out previously, many very good LLMD's consider mercury when treating chronic lyme patients. It has been their clinical experience that mercury can make it hard to impossible to get rid of lyme in some patients.

I understand your concern but to be honest it is a fact that mercury is a potent neurotoxin. It is a fact that it causes issues with the immune system. It likely causes difficulty getting rid of borrelia according to the study I posted.

It does not make sense for anyone with chronic lyme disease to think it is OK to put a toxin that helps the bacteria survive into their body. It is just plain common sense.

8man wrote:
As far as worms, parasites, etc. They will die from the antibiotics. Antibiotics is poison to the body and the worms, parasites, and even the BB itself.

Abx may help get rid of some parasites but most parasites need anti-parasitic drugs that target them specifically. I'd been on numerous abx for 2 years when I started prescription anti-parasitics. I had great improvement with treatment for parasites.

As I sit here typing my whole family is sick and most have amalgams. I don't know how much of their illness is caused or exacerbated by amalgams but it's a no brainer that adding a potent toxin for the body to deal with makes it even harder for a person with a chronic illness to get well.

Your neighbors must be very open to tell you all their medical problems. I only know a few neighbors well enough to know such personal details and one of them has an illness of unknown cause. The person who lived in the same house before them also had an illness of unknown cause.

More power to you if you can get completely well with abx and supplements alone. I'm honestly happy for you BUT shame on you for telling those who don't get well as easily that they are hypochondriacs.

Body terrain has everything to do with whether a person gets well easily or not and part of that includes dealing with heavy metals.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

Sorry you took it wrong I am looking for the study that showed even if the fillings are removed the mercury we come into contact everyday over a short period of time makes the metel in our mouths minute. One of the lyme patients was high, he ate tuna fish constantly.
If it helps you thats fine. I am just putting the numbers in front of every lyme patient that comes here. I am very sorry your family is all ill with this disease I have thousands of publications on a disc in my SDB at the bank from years ago when I was far more into lyme activism.
But as i said look at your neighbors your telling me they are all ill and do not live a normal life. I am certain we all know what a normal life is we all had one before a tick took it from us...

Now if you lived in Eastern PA. or CT. I could believe everyone on your street may have lyme disease or other TBDs.

There has been many chronic lyme patients who have gotten at least 85% better years before all this came about. How do we explain that since we didnt have any idea about metals.

Over all, the changes in environmental mercury levels have been dramatic. Over the past 100 years, there has been a 30-fold increase in mercury deposition, 70 percent of which is from human sources. In fact, there was an exponential peak in mercury occurring in the last 40 years due to major industrialization. Much of this mercury comes from coal-fired industrial plants and from chlor-alkali plants that use mercury in the process of making chlorine used in plastics, pesticides, PVC pipes, and more.

One note of hope was the reduction in industrial mercury emissions from 220 million pounds to 120 million pounds a year over the last 10 years. But that�s small consolation when we�re talking about a substance that is toxic in parts per million, not in millions of pounds.

And the more mercury we are exposed to, the more we are likely we are to be toxic.

jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe I just read all that.

Gigi--I did not know that you lost a baby so many years ago. I am so sorry.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Friends,

For about the last 8 months, I have been doing the chlorella and cilantro metals brain detox from Dr. K that GiGi recommends. I had already had my amalgam fillings replaced and had months-long chelation twice and completed Allergie-Immune, so it seemed relatively safe for me to embark on this therapy.

It is the ONLY treatment I have done for Lyme since I got a positive test in 2005 where I have had consistent improvement on a daily basis. My level of brain fog was so bad by 2008 that I'd given up any study, as I couldn't remember anything I read for more than a few minutes. Now, I am studying again with success and can do mentally intensive tasks like managing finances, which I had also given up.

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good post, Terry.

8Man12, some people do seem to cope with mercury exposure better than others, but that does not mean that mercury is therefore harmless. I think that, as well as length time and quantity of exposure, it does depend a lot on your genetic capacity to detox and to whether or not you have acquired a sensitivity to mercury.

The Detoxigenomic test I took earlier this year showed, for example, that I have an absent gene for making glutathione, the major detoxifier, and therefore it is not surprising that I am less able to cope with heavy metals and other chemicals than some other people.

Many other people with Lyme seem to have this genomic polymorphism too and so it is just too simplistic to assume that mercury is causing no problems because there are people exposed to it who are apparently healthy.

[ 11-25-2011, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: ukcarry ]

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Cass A, how rewarding for you! I am so pleased that you have been able to see these improvements to brain fog,

Best Wishes,

Carry

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8man, before people were getting better without treating mercury issues. You are right.

And even before that, few people were getting debilitating lyme disease, and even didn't need treatment.

Borrelia has been with us BEFORE human being existed. They are our ancestors!!!

The 5,000 ice man had Borrelia burgdoreferi in his body, and still humankind survived 5,000 years later, without even knowing much about borrelial infections.

How could it be that such an old bacteria existed and were found inside human beings and never caused any disease (or little disease) before?

Then when it was 'discovered' as causing disease, because young kids were getting arthritis which was UNCOMMON, well abx treatment cured most, right?

What about the 5,000 years before, where no kid got lyme arthritis?

Well, recently, as you can see, even with all abx combinations, for years, many people remain sick and NEVER REACH 85%.

How many here would give everything in their lives to be 85% well!!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoctorLuddite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoctorLuddite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8man, "Now lets talk the millions of Americans who have perfect health and never had there fillings removed."

Come on now, what's your definition of perfect health? A society that has a whole chapter in its compendium solely for antidepressants? You can tell someone is perfectly healthy just by looking at them? I am a physician, and I see a lot of patients that appear perfectly healthy, and think they are, except for the "conditions" they have that are "controlled" by medications... the fact is, they are seeking me out to find the answer to the problem that they can't add another medication to treat. Much more often than not, they have amalgams, or they get an annual flu shot, or any new shot that comes down the pike (gardasil, anyone?) out of concern of some future illness lurking in the dark shadows of fear instilled by the mass media.

If America wasn't chock full of sick people, big pharma would curl up and die.

Good nutrition, clean air and water, unfiltered sunshine and avoidance/removal of toxic agents are the solutions to every malady including dental caries and periodontal disease.

Posts: 442 | From Biddeford, ME | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement