LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Advanced Cell Training. Anyone try it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advanced Cell Training. Anyone try it?
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard of someone trying this for lyme.

http://advancedcelltraining.com/

Sounds weird. Anyone try this and if so, what was the result?

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No but I've considered it. Seems like one of those "it can't hurt" kinda things.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yip. That's what I'm thinking. Can't hurt! Will try and report back.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a scam to me. Just my first impression. If the product is really useful, they shouldn't need that kind of cheesy over-marketing.
Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

There are lots of testimonials on facebook. I may try it.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've looked into it and have known some of the former inside players. The word from some of the former insiders is, SCAM.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, I'm sure it can't hurt anything but your pocketbook. But FYI, not speaking of this in particular, but all kinds of "wonder cures" deliberately plant people all over Facebook with their testimonials. They "friend" all the Lymies just to gain their trust and surreptitiously promote thier product.

Again, I'm not speaking of any one product; I've seen it going on with many things.

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hhoskins72
Member # 26190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hhoskins72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a total scam! The guy that markets it even changed the name from IRT to ACT after his first scam was exposed.
Posts: 33 | From Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tracy9:
But FYI, not speaking of this in particular, but all kinds of "wonder cures" deliberately plant people all over Facebook with their testimonials. They "friend" all the Lymies just to gain their trust and surreptitiously promote thier product.

Again, I'm not speaking of any one product; I've seen it going on with many things.

I have seen this as well. I am "friends" with the owner of ACT and he's never promoted it to me in any way ... never even suggested that I use it .... but I have had other products promoted to me on FB.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACT was advertising on Facebook last week... probably targeting people who have liked things like the Under Our Skin movie, ILADS, etc.

I got a phone call from the owner (remember, I gave him my info)... he seemed genuinely concerned for my son. He said his son had Lyme and got well after 6 classes. He was upfront about the cost and the Money Back Guarantee. He said he won't take money from anyone who does not get results.

It is $55 a week
Money back guarantee if you don't see results after 3 (or 4) weeks.

He offered to give me the numbers of other mothers with children with Lyme who were having success with the program.

I believe in positive thinking.

I meditate.

I use positive suggestions.

I use EFT ( Emotional Freedom Technology )

I pray.

I have an open mind.

That being said... They invited me to sit in on one of their phone 'classes.' They basically go over symptoms and at the end of the call they play some 'codes.' I honestly don't understand what all that gibberish was.

It is not something we are going to add to our treatment plan at this time. I decided not to do it because I did not see anyone from any Lyme forum that had been a long time participating member that said the program has helped them.

He could give me the phone numbers of his wife, his secretary and his mother... and I wouldn't know the difference between them and someone who actually has a child suffering with Lyme.

If someone does have a positive experience, I would love to hear it.

Right now, I am cautiously avoiding ACT.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hhoskins72
Member # 26190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hhoskins72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The man that markets ACT claims to have been cured of Bartonella by IRT (ACT). I had the unfortunate experience of befriending him years ago, and he is nothing but a Snake Oil salesman. If you do a little research into his past, he claims to have had 10+ illnesses which were all miraculously healed by the products HE markets. Look on myspace...Type in "DurianJuiceMan"...yet another product he sells that claims to "cure" MS, Lyme, RA, and all different sorts of ailments. This man is a predator of the sick and desperate.
Posts: 33 | From Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hhoskins72
Member # 26190

Oh yes, and he also offered me "free" classes if I would give him a testimonial claiming that I got well from IRT. Watch out folks, that's all I'm saying. He makes his living off people like us.

** edited to remove name, see term of use #4 **

[ 11-07-2010, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto Tracy9. 55 dollars per week and claims are made that it may take some people YEARS to get well....

makes me go HUMMMMMMM.

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hhoskins72
Member # 26190

Oh my goodness, my apologies! I haven't posted on here much yet...I've just been lurking for months!
It makes my blood boil to know that people are still out there that are trying to profit from our suffering. I wish I could send email warnings to every single person that is thinking of throwing their money away on that scam!

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry about it, that's what the moderators are here for. [Smile] I'm glad you've stopped being a lurker and started posting. [Big Grin]

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried ACT when it was called IRT. It did not work for me at all. The owner did give me some free sessions, but I would say that it is a scam.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8911 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
momlyme,

Your intuition is telling you this isn't going to work, so I would follow that. I would be WARY of listening to positive experiences with this, considering there are so many red flags around it. After paying $55 a week for it for so long, you would be convinced it helped you too (like the positive testimonials).....because the other option is admitting you wasted your money, and some people's subconscious won't let them do that.

Things like this just make my blood boil. As if we don't go through enough, we need to be targeted like this (being called on the phone to be sold something, while being told it cured others).

I have a major problem with this kind of stuff. Planet Thrive is also trying to sell some kind of "think yourself healthy" program.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

You are all right on. A couple of years ago he started what looked like a Lyme friendly forum and it turned out it was simply created to lure people in to sell them on IRT. I did email all the members of the site and tell them it was a scam after the owner sent me threatening emails once I was on to him.

Hoosiers is right; people are embarrassed they fell for it and don't speak out. One of my friends still has all the "tapes" and swears one of them is just the Chipmunks. It gives us a good laugh, but she is embarrassed she spent so much money. More than one of my friends who came forward about it being a scam did so after being asked, then bullied to lie to groups and tell them it worked for them.

They have been investigated in the past by the Attorney General. They are not allowed to call it a "cure" or "treatment" in any way. It doesn't even make sense.

Anyone who has to change their name, close down forums, close and reopen websites, and has sold other supposed "miracle cures" in the past is a very shady character. Add on to that as soon as you question him or anyone who works for him, and you get threatened and harrassed....this is no joke.

Recently a friend of mine was about to try it. A person who works for him that I have been harrassed by for over 2 years now because I speak out against it told my friend she "just started using it about a month ago." Unbelieveable. These people ought to be banned from every lyme community where they can prey on sick people.

Facebook is their playground now.

--------------------

hcconn22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hcconn22   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think clear for a moment.

It's a money maker/profit seeking business -- looking to profit off sick desperate people- not a cure or anything else close.

If you want words of encouragement or positive thoughts go to church or prey.

If you want to listen to funny sounds listen to Alvin and the Chipmunks on fast forward.

Get real.

--------------------
Positive 10 bands WB IGG & IGM
+ Babesia + Bartonolla and NOW RMSF 3/5/09 all at Quest

And still positive ELISA and WB two years after IV treatment
http://www.lymefriends.org/profile/blake

Posts: 607 | From Tick Town, Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the input on this... I just ran across it on the internet....

I figured if it sounds too good to be true it probably is....

I certainly dont have $55.00 for sessions and wasnt going to do it...but of course you always have in the back of your mind....what if.....

what if this is something that could help me feel better.

I AM SO THANKFUL for this website (all the information) and ALL the people that take the time to post...

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!! (:

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ccarr
Member # 30997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ccarr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I have spent the past 10 minutes reading and re-reading the posts about Advanced Cell Training being a scam. I have to say I signed onto this sight today excited that I had found a positive, supportive on line network where people who have fought the battle of Lyme. But what I found is a group of people who for some reason have decided to attack the very people who have been intrumental in my healing. It sounds like some of you have not even tried ACT. Obviously this is personal and probably has nothing to do with them taking money from innocent people. Before I signed up with act I was spending $600 per month just in supplements. Now I am spending nothing per month. One thing I am sure of, this negative energy will not help any of you get better. I think I'll just hop off this sight and not return. I want to interact with postive people who are filled with love and compassion. People who love God, love others, and love theirselves. I will pray for your bitterness and pain. I know wounded people wound people and for you to be this condemning you must be in a lot of pain.
Posts: 17 | From Harrisonburg, VA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Case in point!

Generally, these "one hit wonders" are trolls. I can bet my bottom dollar this person did NOT sign on here "excited" he or she found a positive, supportive online network, blah blah blah....and just happened to search for ACT then trash those speaking out against it.

This is what they do. They plant people on sites to give their "testimonials" to try and sell it, or to trash people who speak out against it. Someone brand new doesn't just show up out of the blue, search out ACT and make a comment like the one above. Clearly one of their trolls.

Ways to tell this is a troll, besides the obvious:

"Obviously this is personal"....huh? Tries to make it sound like there is no possible way it could be true!

"It sounds like some of you have not even tried ACT." Duh. We haven't tried Tiger Blood either. Oops sorry. Of course we haven't. Because we don't try SCAMS. But the message here is that if we haven't tried it, we can't be credible in calling it a scam.

"You have decided to attack the very people who have been instrumental in my healing." WE are the bad guys, not them! We are vicious attackers, not honest, educated people who can weed out the scams with experienced eyes and good track records.

"Now I am spending nothing per month." I'm curious as to why, if this person is healed, they are searching for an online Lyme support group? Or maybe...they are a troll?

"This negative energy will not help any of you get better." Nope, no negative energy here. Only honest people helping another Lymie out. But way to make us look like the bad guys.

"I think I'll hop off this site and not return..." and all the language that follows. Translation: Dang it all, I couldn't turn any tricks here. They are already on to us. No money to be made on Lymenet. On to the next site where I find some sick suckers to scam.

That's my interpretation!

--------------------

RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These guys are in my facebook feed, I don't know how they got there...anyways I thought I should bring this post up because if they are on my news feed I'm sure they are on other peoples too.

I did a search because I wanted know if this helped anyone, or what it was.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did they get on your FB feed? You mean in the ads??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, just ads.
Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh.. I've seen them too...

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement