LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » cold hands, nose, feet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cold hands, nose, feet
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I. Am having what I think is raynauds. Icey cold legs froM my mid calf down, cold nose, and hands. Its so cold it hurts. No color changes that I can see. Nothing but hot showers do anything. I am hypothyroid and type 2diabetic. And lyme of course. What can be done? Thanks.
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jac123
Member # 28247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jac123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have same thing..Freezing,hand feet and nose with horrible bone chills that come on so strong

Granted its cold out but I never turn heat up.Well thats changed.It horrible and yes hot

showers for me too.Anyone give us a clue how long it will last or why?

Posts: 72 | From illinois/wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riverspirit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverspirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are a few of things that I do to help manage these symptoms:

One is that i take a few drops of yarrow tincture a couple of times daily....I leave it in a few tablespoons of hot water for twenty minutes and drink down.

Yarrow is helpful for micro-circulation. Perhaps it is just my imagination, but it seems to me that the severity of white/numb cold hands has decreased since i began doing this.

I rub yarrow/rosemary oil on my extremities....you could make this with a couple drops of pure organic essential oil into safflower oil (safflower is especially helpful for circulation).....or you can make your own oil with the raw dried plants soaked in safflower or olive oil (or another that you feel affinity with.)

I also purchase re-usable hand warmers via the internet. They are non-toxic plastic with something in them which when squeezed, creates heat. My boyfriend and i both use these and find them very helpful to keep hands warm. Some companies make these in different sizes for different parts of the body.

Here is a link to one of the companies (i have no commercial interest whatsoever!):
http://www.snapheat.com/SNAP_HEAT/How_it_Works.html

This company above has usa made product and are higher quality than some of the others we've tried.

Those are some of the ways i manage to keep extremities from going white and numb.

Peace and ease,
riverspirit

Posts: 164 | From North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had that until I did a course of chloroquin/primaquine. Now, I no longer have cold hands and feet and nose. Some other symptoms that got better with that treatment came back. But, the cold hands/feet did not.

It was such a relief. I personally think I had a mild strain of malaria that was causing it.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maradona
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maradona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exercise helps ,sauna, what helps the most is to live in the warm climate. You have to address the infection, hit it hard with antibiotics.
Posts: 482 | From Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excerise. Rebounding could be extremely helpful - really helps the circulatory system. You can get a small trampoline quite inexpensively.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had that last year when I was treating bartonella. Those symptoms are gone and now I am hot much of the time, treating babesia.

I just could not get warm. I turned the heat up to 75 degrees and sat under an electric blanket - still cold. Like you said, the only thing that helped was a very hot bath.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone.
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitty9309
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitty9309     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have your ferritin checked. Even if not anemic, iron deficiency can cause symptoms.
Posts: 819 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement