LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What was "The Thing" that helped turn things around for you? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What was "The Thing" that helped turn things around for you?
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious to know if there was one stand-out, pivotal thing that helped set you on the path towards really feeling better.

Thanks,
Tammy

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treating Coxsackie B3 and B4 has helped me a lot. You need to test for it at ARUP lab:

http://www.enterovirusfoundation.org/chronicinfections.shtml

Oxymatrine is what I used to treat it.

Treating HHV-6 has also helped: www.hhv-6foundation.org (I was on valcyte)

Being on antibiotics has also helped.

Best, Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Antibiotics made all the difference.

Not one antibiotic as I had three infections (at least).

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CedarWidow
Member # 27541

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CedarWidow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a group of 3 things that worked as a team for ME, in order of power, though one may not have worked without the other. I will tell everything I did, it is very lengthy.

Sorry if I CAPITALIZE, I am PASSIONATE and this comes off unfortunately as INTENSE (and I tend to give more information than warranted, sorry).

1)PROBIOTICS: Accepting that health begins in the GUT and disregarding all other mumbo-gumbo (antibiotcs, herbs, vitamins, supplements, which are things that alter the gut, specifically pH, in one way or another). Life begins in the gut with our first dose of breast milk containing all the flora we will need for life. Consider that lyme bacteria, meningitis, MRSA, etc are found inside the throat and body of healthy individuals all the time-- YES, swab healthy individuals in the throat and you will see this is true-- some develop sickness, others don't. What's delegates that? The secret is the immune system, and the basis of that is the GUT. Some things supress the immune system, regard these: radiation, heavy metals, etc. After doing antibiotics, which did take the edge off I will admit, but left the gut even more altered and vulnerable than before, I changed my diet and started MEGA DOSING (you cannot overdose) on probiotics. I used these:

HLC High Potency Capsules 60 caps (HLC12) - 2 with breakfast and 2 with lunch.
http://www.emersonecologics.com/Products/EmersonMain/PID-HLC12.aspx

Flora 200-14 7 Day Intensive 7 Caps - 1 with dinner. Use beyond 7 days, you need trillions and trillions of good bacteria, not billions, if you are to amp your system and fight this off.
http://www.emersonecologics.com/Products/EmersonMain/PID-FLORA2.aspx

DIET: An alkaline intestine from eating alkaline foods (coffee, stress, sugar, wheat, meats/dairy eaten w/o alkaline balancing, chemicals & pesticides, estrogen pills, this junk is not hard to find, it far outnumers the opposite!) gives rise to an acidic body = bad for health in all major aspects, it proliferates bacteria, viruses, yeasts, and cancer and the majority of disease. You want your intestines slightly acid by eating acidic foods AND alkaline foods in balance (most acidic foods except for white vinegar - like lemons, limes, apple cider vinegar, fiber, bitter greens, mega-dosing on probiotics that produce short-chain fatty ACIDS)= slightly alkaline body. So incorporate alkaline-producing (typically acidic-tasting foods) but DON'T go overboard and get too alkaline in the body because too alkaline aggrivates Lyme too, especially Bartonella, which thrive in sectors of the body which become too alkaline via ammonia like the brain, liver, etc. The balanace of acid-producing and alkaline-producing with a slight favor in alkaline-producing will produce a slightly alkaline body-- and this balance is what you want. You will get in the groove and feel the ails at both ends and figure out the best balance by feel. The best diet for Lyme, time-tested, tried and true - High fat, moderate protein, low carb, which alone is acidic, but with the incorporation of the above alkalinizing foods, tips you to slightly alkaline on the scale.

3)NUTRITIONAL BALANCING: A whole other realm of information that I will not list, but basically this is the foundation. It chelates heavy metals and it kills off Lyme because it strenthens the immune system and with a strong immune system, you are IMMUNE to ANYTHING! This is the woman I am working with and the nutritional balancing supplements from Endo-met Labs, which are vitamins & minerals, I take 3 times per day. It has been more helpful than the Lyme protocol from ANY LLMD, in my experience, because it is a whole body program.
http://www.tvernonlac.com/healingchronicillness.html

SO! This gets your system back on track. Bacteria come in and out of your life all the time, it is the body's immune response that will delegate if you are going to suffer with ANY disease or fight it off!! This is verifyable by me, from being on the brink of death with Lyme and Bartonella for many, many years. Good luck.

Posts: 24 | From Maine | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Diet, diet, diet. Find the appropriate diet for you. This kept me going for the 15 years before my Lyme diagnosis. I am severely glucose intolerant, so I eat low carb, but we all have different needs.

2. Fixing my HPA axis and adrenal exhaustion. I took D-ribose, 15g 3x/day, as per Dr. Teitelbaum's book From Fatigued to Fantastic. This gave me back my sleep, which had been missing for 15 years. I would not have made it through my first year of intense herxing without sleep.

3. Antibiotics and antimalarials. It took me 12 months to get rid of Babesia symptoms, but Lyme and Bart treatment were much easier once the Babs was under control. I am relapsing for Babs now, but herxing much less on my meds this time.

4. Regular exercise. I am not exercise intolerant. I feel much, much better with regular exercise at an appropriate level. When I miss too many days, I feel worse.

Oh, no! That's four things. But Lyme treatment is multi-faceted and you have to do it all.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First breakthrough - parasite treatment

Second - Bionic 880

(not in order of importance, it's in chronological order)

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In chronological order, each of these took me to a new level...

1. treating bartonella & babesia at the same time with antibiotics

2. diet (I felt best on tutu's yeast diet, but now I'm just careful about sugar and crappy carbs.)

3. parasite treatment

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CedarWidow:
There is a group of 3 things that worked as a team for ME, in order of power, though one may not have worked without the other. I will tell everything I did, it is very lengthy.

Sorry if I CAPITALIZE, I am PASSIONATE and this comes off unfortunately as INTENSE (and I tend to give more information than warranted, sorry).

1)PROBIOTICS: Accepting that health begins in the GUT and disregarding all other mumbo-gumbo (antibiotcs, herbs, vitamins, supplements, which are things that alter the gut, specifically pH, in one way or another).

Life begins in the gut with our first dose of breast milk containing all the flora we will need for life.

Consider that lyme bacteria, meningitis, MRSA, etc are found inside the throat and body of healthy individuals all the time--

YES, swab healthy individuals in the throat and you will see this is true-- some develop sickness, others don't.

What's delegates that? The secret is the immune system, and the basis of that is the GUT. Some things supress the immune system, regard these: radiation, heavy metals, etc.

After doing antibiotics, which did take the edge off I will admit, but left the gut even more altered and vulnerable than before, I changed my diet and started MEGA DOSING (you cannot overdose) on probiotics. I used these:

HLC High Potency Capsules 60 caps (HLC12) - 2 with breakfast and 2 with lunch.
http://www.emersonecologics.com/Products/EmersonMain/PID-HLC12.aspx

Flora 200-14 7 Day Intensive 7 Caps - 1 with dinner. Use beyond 7 days, you need trillions and trillions of good bacteria, not billions,

if you are to amp your system and fight this off.
http://www.emersonecologics.com/Products/EmersonMain/PID-FLORA2.aspx

DIET: An alkaline intestine from eating alkaline foods (coffee, stress, sugar, wheat, meats/dairy eaten w/o alkaline balancing, chemicals & pesticides, estrogen pills, this junk is not hard to find, it far outnumers the opposite!)

gives rise to an acidic body = bad for health in all major aspects, it proliferates bacteria, viruses, yeasts, and cancer and the majority of disease.

You want your intestines slightly acid by eating acidic foods AND alkaline foods in balance (most acidic foods except for white vinegar -

like lemons, limes, apple cider vinegar, fiber, bitter greens, mega-dosing on probiotics that produce short-chain fatty ACIDS)= slightly alkaline body.

So incorporate alkaline-producing (typically acidic-tasting foods) but DON'T go overboard and get too alkaline in the body because too alkaline aggrivates Lyme too,

especially Bartonella, which thrive in sectors of the body which become too alkaline via ammonia like the brain, liver, etc.

The balanace of acid-producing and alkaline-producing with a slight favor in alkaline-producing will produce a slightly alkaline body-- and this balance is what you want.

You will get in the groove and feel the ails at both ends and figure out the best balance by feel.

The best diet for Lyme, time-tested, tried and true - High fat, moderate protein, low carb, which alone is acidic, but with the incorporation of the above alkalinizing foods, tips you to slightly alkaline on the scale.

3)NUTRITIONAL BALANCING: A whole other realm of information that I will not list, but basically this is the foundation.

It chelates heavy metals and it kills off Lyme because it strenthens the immune system and with a strong immune system, you are IMMUNE to ANYTHING!

This is the woman I am working with and the nutritional balancing supplements from Endo-met Labs, which are vitamins & minerals, I take 3 times per day.

It has been more helpful than the Lyme protocol from ANY LLMD, in my experience, because it is a whole body program.
http://www.tvernonlac.com/healingchronicillness.html

SO! This gets your system back on track. Bacteria come in and out of your life all the time, it is the body's immune response that will delegate if you are going to suffer with ANY disease or fight it off!!

This is verifyable by me, from being on the brink of death with Lyme and Bartonella for many, many years. Good luck.

Breaking this up for easier reading for many here - sounds very interesting!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hydroxy B12 shots
parasite treatment

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachinit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachinit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Antibiotics: up to 5 at a time, L-lysine (for HSV), DHEA combined with whey protein and weight lifting -High reps 3x/wk, carnitine, B12, vitamin C and sleep hygiene.

--------------------
Ideas not advice.

Posts: 448 | From Downeast Maine | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finding this website : )
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for little_olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ironically one of the things that truly started my improvement was taking olive leaf extract, 500mg three times a day, while on Doxycycline. Stopped and started it twice, and both times I restarted it, I began to see more improvement. I've taken it for years anyway, but when I took it consistently at that dose 3xs a day, it helped a lot.

Everyone needs to eat less sugar and everyone needs probiotics and everyone needs to be treating infections--it's why we're here--but for some reason taking that much OLE really did something.

little olive

--------------------
Myalgic encephalomyelitis, 2002 | Viral onset, following Hep B vaccine
Lyme since '06 | Bartonella since '08 (cured) | Mycoplasma pneumoniae since '08
IGeneX: IgM 31IND 34IND 41+ | IgG 39IND 58+ 41+++
IgG deficiencies and MTHFR 677TT mutations

Posts: 512 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier1071
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annier1071     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, no one felt best with abx?
I am being treated wtih oral omnicef and now zithromax and diflucan all at once.

My llmd feels I have babesia becaue of my muscle pain but said he doesnt want to attack it now. He feels it would be too much on my body at this point. He just ordered methylcoba? (B12) shots from a compound pharmacy that I need to give myself 3 times a week. He feels this will help greatly with my fatigue and brain issues.

I am on VSL# probiotics 425 billion each packet. Take one at night before bed. I pray that is enough and magnesium taurate and CoQCF for the nerve inflammation and more energy.

--------------------
Diagnosed with chronic neuro lyme 12/10 after 30 years of vertigo.2 tick bites in 3 yrs from upstate NY. Was on omincef for nine mths..zith and rifampin stopped.Remission~ All the pain and symptoms are back and I am not treating now with biaxin.

Posts: 788 | From New york..queens | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for little_olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I digress, it wasn't just taking olive leaf extract alone but taking it WITH the Doxycycline. I'd been taking OLE by itself for several years and it wasn't enough for those particular infections, but it definitely helped when I used the two together.
Posts: 512 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) oral clindamycin abx, 150mg around the clock for a month, then 1-2day - stops fibromyalgia pain, reduces joint swelling

2) mangosteen juice - stops all Lyme eye symptoms, keeps intestines regular

3) noni juice and grapeseed extract capsules - stops lipomas (fat tissue tumors)

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B12 Shots.

Of course all the abx combo's and probiotics.

But B12 has been my life line to handle life.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippi
Member # 21151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pippi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
two antibiotics in particular: minocycline, and most of all, flagyl.
Posts: 41 | From Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dyna3495
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dyna3495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
salt/C protocol with 12ozs. of water with each dose , Methodically for 5 months.
Posts: 160 | From Mid-east USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riverspirit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverspirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
~ meditation

~ being profoundly careful about what is taken in on all levels ( no t.v., reading inspiring books, environmental awareness/non-toxic products, organic hypo-allergenic, high-nutrient diet, care around who i spend time with, etc.)

~ gentle quiet walks in the woods

Posts: 164 | From North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IV Rocephin for severe cognitive dysfunction
Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing, friends.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anemone
Member # 19995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anemone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I have problems with bart, Cumanda and the whole Cowden Protocol has helped the most with those symptoms (brain fog, muscle twitching).

B12 sublingual (Jarrow brand methylcobalamin).

No wheat/sugar diet.

Finding this community has done wonders for my state of mind.

Posts: 29 | From Austin, TX | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bionic 880, Allergie-immun, and a Christian energy healer.

Of courses for me, the number one healer is GOD!

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finding an outstanding lyme doctor who treated me according to the Burrascano protocol.

Six years in March since I completed treatment. Praise God!

------------------------
God still talks to people today !

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiker, wasn't there a point before in which you were totally against alternative treatment? Now it sounds like you've done a total 180 turn. [Smile] Am I wrong?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SeekHelp--Yep you were wrong
[Cool]
I was never for antibiotics, although I did them for a year plus. They did not work. I am against some alternative methods such as ionic foot baths, ingesting nosodes etc., but I have tried many alternative therapies--most of which have not worked--including salt/C, Immune Response Therapy, laser treatments etc. But these three have helped me a great deal--bionic, allergie-immun, and Christian energy healer. I feel the borrelia is gone and I need to detox and heal the nervous system.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with canefan17 that finding the lymesites, (not just this one although it is my favoritie) literally saved my life. I owe my life to the people who generously share what they have learned, and support me through this difficult journey.

Thanks to everyone out there.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second this thanks... I do not know what I would do without this dear group of folks.... You all are my blessings...
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coil machine
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
starting to become a true believer in high quality Probiotics and high quality, immune regulating supplements. and ABX of course.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
starting to become a true believer in high quality Probiotics and high quality, immune regulating supplements. and ABX of course.

-But I have to rank this site as my # 1. I'd still be floating around being told I was fine. Or dead.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treating Parasites with antiparasitic herbs and salt/c was the biggest thing that turned the corner for me.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- finding dr. K's practioners: first big hit (I got my brain back)

- learning my own energy testing (the most precious thing I learned due to lyme)

- killing babs (big step up in energy)

- photon therapy (saved me years of fight with borrelia)

- dental work (took a heavy burden out of my body)

- allergy free diet (also helped with energy and brain fog)

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bicillin injections 3x a week for 5 months was the biggie, all of the time prior to that (6 months) I treated co infections.

Rifampin, Septra, Malarone, Mepron, plus Doxy, Zith, Amox, Not at the same time of course. Most of my symptoms when I first got sick were related to co infections, but when I got the Lyme load down is when I started to feel better.

I can't stress enough how much exercise and diet helped. I do strength based yoga and some weight lifting. My diet is low carb, gluten, dairy, and sugar free.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. B style abx

giving up goat milk (was already GF and cow milk free)

Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photon therapy

Treating parasites

Detox, detox, detox

Getting rid of mold exposure

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me... and my son, who was ten times sicker than me... it was definitely getting away from the toxic mold exposure.

Then, detoxing.

And now, exercising.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abx combo therapy. All of them but IV vancomycin was the best for my lyme.

Treating parasites aggresively and this goes hand in hand with babs treatment because babs is a parasite.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JessJoy
Member # 33443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JessJoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
upping my doxy to 400 mg/day (I was on a lower dose for 6 weeks and didn't see improvement)

adding 500 mg of levoquin.

giving up sugar

Posts: 42 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing that helped me the most was going 100% gluten free!!! It helped so many of my symptoms, most of which were neurological. It was amazing!!!! It was like crawling out of a dark hole that I had been in for years. The other thing is probably finding out I have pernicious anemia and now have to take B12 for the rest of my life. B12 injections weekly really do help me. A lot of my cognitive issues are from pernicious anemia and when I start having really bad word finding problems or using the wrong words in my sentences, etc., it's usually around the day I need my next B12 shot.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickwhisperer
Member # 18676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickwhisperer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rifampin
Posts: 11 | From Orange County, CA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Glad to see my old thread come to life again!

For me, a major step up was to have ozone treatments for some dental infections. I was incredibly ill after a tooth extraction, and spiraling downward. When I went for my first set of ozone injections, I felt tremendously better that night. It was like night and day. Amazing. I continued with several follow-ups and I think the infection is under control. If not, I will go back for more.

I was surprised to learn first-hand how important dental issues are. GiGi has been posting on the topic for a long time. Don't leave this stone unturned. It is a HUGE issue for a lot of us (often unbeknownst to us.)

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Decided to stop being obsessed with Lyme and start focusing more on God.

2. Complete change in diet... low fat, plant based diet.

3. Buhner herbs possibly combined with Tindamax, Still experimenting. I personally think Buhner has this thing figured
out.

4. Getting oxygen any way I can. Through food, exercise etc..

Tammy, I would love to get those ozone injections. I know that I have issues with my teeth.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Haley, go for it. You won't regret it. I'll send you a pm on the dentist Dr. K recommends. He practices in LA and Seattle.

Edit - Your mailbox was full.

Pony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Haley:
1. Decided to stop being obsessed with Lyme.

What a great, overlooked point!
Posts: 169 | From The Poconos | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy - my mail box should be clear.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not cured , but my life is far better from treating with : rife machine
artemesia annua ( herb Pharm)
grapefruit seed extract drops

This helped much more than ABX for me.... I have a life at least .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tindamax

This one drug turned around our daughers neuro symptoms. We had to take her off it sooner than we would have liked and are on other meds but this was the one.

It took 3 months to start and see results and she was on the drug for 6 months. Due to alergic reaction (built up over time) and side effect (becoming anexoric) we had to stop.

For the full 18 months she has been on mepron and zith.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauirel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lauirel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Methylation

--------------------
�Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it�s the only thing that ever has.�

Posts: 149 | From Kansas/Missouri | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZachsMom
Member # 33860

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZachsMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy, what an awesome question. I am printing this thread out!!

--------------------
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that inside me there lay an invincible summer." Albert Camus

Posts: 24 | From Mentor, OH | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rifampin and Tinidazole pulsed, also rife machine, KPU protocol, and maybe at the top of my list MMS.
Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am glad to see this. I have had no lasting gains with treatment -- still have raging infection how is that possible? and am still searching.
Now I know to treat parasites (have ignored this), treating KPU now (but not with high dose zinc) and hopefully getting an O2 concentrator to help with the cognitive symptoms which my doc says is hypoxia.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No specific order. All guided by energetic testing.

Detoxification of many kinds (FIR sauna, herbal, homeopathic, etc.)
Herbal antimicrobials
KPU treatment
Emotional work

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My rife and my sauna.
Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treehousemom
Member # 31523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treehousemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread--thanks for all the wonderful input!!!
Posts: 63 | From north Texas | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Getting a Lyme disease diagnosis after 5 yrs. of debilitating illness

2. Treatment by a knowledgeable, supportive LLMD

3. Integrative treatment with antibiotics, supplements, herbs, diet, detoxification. When able adding yoga, qigong, massage, reiki, acupuncture.

4. Treating underlying infections and hormonal issues.

5. Gluten free, sugar free, healthy diet.

6. Prayer, meditation, gratitude.

Can't say it was just one thing. Thanks for the great thread.

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Removing all metals from mouth. Removing all root canals and dental infections/cavitations caused by them.

Detoxing, detoxing, detoxing.

Decreasing the microbial count with plant adaptogens.

Allergie-Immun finished things off nicely - the real letting go of toxic metals and much more.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those that say detox could you please be more specific. Thanks
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopefull
Member # 29198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopefull     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowing 2 things:
That the LORD is the great physician
and
that I'm NOT crazy!

--------------------
diagnosed with fibromyalgia 1992
Lyme disease Jan 2011
give it all to the LORD everyday [Smile]

Posts: 38 | From southwest michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Early on Bicillin injections, more recently Byron White herbs.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Runner17
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Runner17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exercise!! Aerobic exercise, running, swimming, biking, hot yoga. I know aerobic exercise isn't for everyone, but it has really helped me keep the bacteria load down. I turned a major corner once I started running again.
Posts: 132 | From Somewhere | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Happy to see this was bumped up again:)

I am going to go back and re-read.

My next steps are to learn more on methylation (I KNOW this is an issue for me, just not yet sure how to treat). It has become clearer with my recent (big) stumbles these last 2 weeks. And also emotional release work. Not sure who is best pro in this field, but I have some leads. Any suggestions are welcome.

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pomegranite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pomegranite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. IV Rocephin
2. Mepron
3. Yoga
4. Accupuncture

Posts: 309 | From CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is ozone shots for teeth?

what do some of you mean by detox. I'm trying one now that most responded as being to hard on the /my body right now.

Those of you that say exercise, obviously aren't next to bed bound. So were you at one time and got better/or you never got so sick that you could hardly move?

Thanks, Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Hi Nonna,

Some good biological dentists work with Ozone. They do a few different things. The ones I have been to have you breathe a safe diluted version of ozone for 30 minutes. They also gently pump it into your ears for 3 minutes. The injections they do can be in and around the gums, cheeks, and sometimes neck areas. If there is a significant jaw infection, they will drill a tiny hole into the jaw and inject the ozone there. It is a very effective, comprehensive treatment. The approach I've described above is designed to knock the bugs out and not leave them many places to run. Also, treatments need to be repeated several times. A good bio dentist will guide you. Good luck.

Sorry you are close to bed-bound, but I believe with all my heart you have to do EVERYTHING YOU CAN to move your body so things don't stagnate. If you don't use it, you can lose it. Gather every bit of your strength to get up and move....preferably in the fresh air outside. Even if you just start by sitting in a chair moving your arms and legs, breathing deeply and fully. And walk when you can. You can do it. And you must, everyday.

Best to you.

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Regarding being bedbound:

This is something that happened to me. I was getting more and more fatigued, herxing on three antibiotics, feeling like my body was going downhill. I wasn't close to being bedbound but was VERY tired and didn't want to exercise at all. Even mild exercise set me back.

One day some friends invited me on a hike. I felt the hike would kill me but I went anyway. It was a pretty big hike.

I felt horrible the whole time. But after the hike, amazingly, I was MUCH better! I felt better than I had in months. I think the aerobic activity detoxed me, cleared out tissues, got blood moving.

Dr. B says you can't recover without exercise.

I now believe that pushing myself is a good thing, that the obstacles need to be overcome and blood needs to flow and move.

Just my experience.

By the way I'm lifting weights again too now, which was hell at first but little by litte, I'm getting my body back.

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took much more than one thing but here are some of the treatments that have been most helpful.

IM Ceftriaxone (generic rocephin) took 70% of my all over body pain away!

Methylation (active form of folic acid allows me to sleep more than a few hours at a time)

detox detox detox (cholestyramine, microsilica, pekana remedies and more)

parasites

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

dan - well said. I agree..... and am finally putting in the effort. I do Qi Gong every day, but the more rigorous exercise brings about a totally different response.

After about 15+ minutes of walking my legs start to itch like crazy (they always have done this). Feels like something is definitely moving and becoming unstuck.

tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG about the itchy legs! Mine have always done that too! Wonder what that's all about.
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Someone once said it could be lactic acid build-up, but I don't know for sure.

Once I commit to walking with regularity, I notice it stops happening. This, in and of itself, should be my reminder that I do need to do it consistently. I'm really working on applying myself here. And in inclement weather, I intend to use my rebounder.

daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopeful4, Hope you let me (almost) just quote you. I've tweaked a little bit just for the fit.

1. Getting a Lyme disease diagnosis after 40+ yrs. of debilitating illness

2. Treatment by a knowledgeable, supportive LLMD

3. Integrative treatment with antibiotics, supplements, herbs, diet, detoxification. When able adding pilates, massage, acupuncture.

4. Treating underlying infections and hormonal issues.

5. Gluten free, sugar free, healthy diet.

6. Prayer, meditation, gratitude.

Can't say it was just one thing. Thanks for the great thread.

Ditto! What Hopeful4 said...

Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amk33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amk33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My legs itch like crazy when I exercise, too. This only started happening after illness , for me. I actually feel worse after exercising. My sore muscles and joints act up for days, and the day after I am so tired, and generally, feel sick.
Posts: 418 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by amk33:
My legs itch like crazy when I exercise, too. This only started happening after illness , for me. I actually feel worse after exercising. My sore muscles and joints act up for days, and the day after I am so tired, and generally, feel sick.

It stirs up deep stored toxins and bugs. This used to happen to me, too. I think exercise is essential to getting well BECAUSE it stirs this stuff up like this. Otherwise, you're just doing to store the bugs in the muscles forever. Just take it slowly.

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by nonna05:

Those of you that say exercise, obviously aren't next to bed bound. So were you at one time and got better/or you never got so sick that you could hardly move?

Thanks, Nonna

Yes, I was that sick. My husband would come home from work, get me out of bed and make me get dressed. We would go to the gym and I'd lift light weights. I'd have to lie down on the bench in between exercises. I'd lose track of what I was doing or had done, so my husband had to keep track of my workout.

I would not be well today without exercise. My exercise today and as I got better is different than my exercise when I was sick, but I never stopped "exercising" even when bedbound.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement