LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Flushing in the face

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flushing in the face
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...I'm getting this a lot this week. I'll be in a meeting at work and my face will get red and flushed, and my ears get hot.

Is this Bart or Babs or Lyme or other (in your experiences.)?

I'm treating Bart pretty agressively now. Doing 14 drops / day of a-Bart ramping up to 20 2x / day.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say for sure, may be babs, but I got a lot of that too just as you described it when I was sick.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my daughter used to get that with babs.. They say when you use A-Bart you may find the other co-infections coming out and it lets you know your overriding infection.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red ears I've always heard was lyme symptom especially in children.

Red cheeks, I'm familiar with. I get butterfly like rash on my face. Yes, I can feel it sometimes. Sometimes I look in the mirror and say crap!!!!!!

I'm negative ANA for Lupus. Red butterfly is supposedly Lupus. My face red rash runs across my cheeks and runs in thinner mark down to my mouth.

I don't know for sure what it is, but I suspect bart because I have other skin stuff and usually bart does skin and rashes.

But I'm not positive. They didn't start back 11 yrs ago when all heck broke loose. They came about in me after Lone Star embedded tick in May '05.

I'm not sure but about to have testing to see if that darn tick was full of bart or something else.

But lately I've been wondering about me and babs possibilities with some disturbing sx.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wonko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get this too, very similar to as described above by map1131, and have even had people ask me if it's lupus (for which I tested negative).

My LLMD attributes this to bart.

Posts: 455 | From Was in PA, then MD, now in the Midwest | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the past years I have noticed the butterfly rash develops on my face when I get slightly warm.

It got a lot worse when I started treating lyme with mino. At the same time I started treatment I also restarted the multivitamin along with a lot of other supplements. I finally discovered that the vitamin which had 25 mg of niacin in it was a big cause of the "Niacin Flush". I stopped the vitamin and after a week the flushing occurrences reduced tremendously. Doctor then switched me from mino to amox and the flushing reduced more. Still not gone completely but a lot better

When I was flushing a lot I found a baby aspirin taken before the flush happened helped. Claritin also helped. I used to flush everyday in the afternoon so it was predictable.

Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get a butterfly rash. Just regular flushing

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marine6624
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marine6624     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a constant rash on my face , somedays are worse than others .
Posts: 198 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burnsjw
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnsjw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always had episodes where face and ears become hot and red. Not sure what causes this happens quickly.
Posts: 211 | From In my house | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the red flush on my face and my neck/chest area. This comes on with a hot sweaty horrible minute or two event.

Then as fast as it comes on, it's over.

I figured it was my babs..... it's one of my annoying symptoms that will not go away!

Not hormonal either.. wish I could blame it on that!

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betty1939
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betty1939     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had that a lot this past year - it is definitely babesia.

It stopped as soon as I started mepron and malarone together.

Good luck!

--------------------
Lyme IGG/IGM positive 12/08
Babesia Microti IGM positive 12/08
Hemobartonella positive 1/11
mycoplasma 6/11

Posts: 162 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement