LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » GWB in ER- CT w/contrast?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GWB in ER- CT w/contrast?
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GWB (Gary, my hubby) wants to know best supplements, herbs, or anything you recommend to flush kidneys after CT with contrast? Ideas?

Kidney stone suspected. Lots of pain.

Appreciate prayers.

Thank you!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots and lots of pure water is the best way to flush away the contrast.

Lemon water might be ok, too.

Vitamin C - I wouldn't go overboard...some is ok, but not super high dose.

If they can catch the stone and figure out what the composition is, then you'll know how nutritionally to compensate and prevent future stones.

I hope this passes quickly & he feels better soon!

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH OUCH!!!! I'm so sorry to hear this!! Give him a gentle hug!!!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daisy, the only thing I have found in searching so far is lots of water for flushing and pure milk thistle extract to protect the kidneys.

Gwb might have nausea, and also salty or metalic taste in mouth. I say a prayer for him.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saying a prayer for gwb!...yes, lots of water!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes for you and gwb!

I don't have this problem but found this info -

http://curezone.com/cleanse/kidney/default.asp

Hope it helps.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daisy I was looking at past posts of GWB....is he using baking soda? I was reading that he had/has kidney disease, so not sure how much fluids he can withstand to flush the system.I did find this info on holly berry/Tulsi. might help some?

Kidney Stones: Tulsi, being detoxifier and mild diuretic in nature, help reduce uric acid level (main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned) concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination. Acetic acid and certain components in its essential oils also facilitate dissolution of the stone. It also has pain-killer effects and help bear the pain from kidney stones.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh daisy.......sending you and Gary hugs.

Keep us posted.

[group hug] [kiss]

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great advice all. GWB has been drinking lots of water, we stopped and got the organic lemons on the way home last night, he's doing several teas, and other stuff.

Appreciate all the prayers and hugs. GWB is taking it easy, is still in pain but the good news-it is reduced.

Again, thank you!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, thanks for the advice. They think it's a stone but can't find it. Gonna send records to my urologist. Still having severe right side back pain but right front pain has subsided.

Been dealing with left side tongue cramps and left side head pressure more lately. Almost like TIA symptoms. Been to ER twice in past for it but they nothing--as expected.

Guess I'll need to see a neurologist and have them check my brain for possible lesions or something. Not a pleasant feeling when it comes on.

Been detoxing good lately and taking Jernigan CNS/PNS and still not touching it. Anyone else have this? Anything help it?

Thanks again for the great advice and prayers. Much appreciated!

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

gwb,
Yes me. I have found not much helps the symptoms but time.
Omegas I usually take a few more and an extra b-12 shot. And many cups of green tea. and several cups of detox tea that has Indian sarsparilla root,cinnamon bark, burdock root, Long pepper berry, chinese Amur cork tree bark, Skullcap root, dandelion root, ginger root. and a few other good stuff in there.
I did see a nero doc a year ago...all kinds of test and...no lessions were noted. So sorry you are going through pain and uncomfy.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

FYI, I've cleaned out my inbox. Sorry CI. [Frown]
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

CI, now your mailbox is full. [Smile]
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GARY... glad you are some better... hope it passes soon!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mattnapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary- Sorry to hear of the difficulties. I have had kidney stone type events with one being a confirmed capture. My recollection is that finding some amount of blood in the urine or a visible ID on a scan are the two most solid diagnoses. Did they find blood if you don't mind me asking? The last two events for me I do not think they found blood. I am just wondering if there might be something else that mimics kidney stone symptoms. It would probably simpler of course if you have kidney stones though since they are usually pretty treatable

Guess I have not been on these boards long enough to experience people that I have gotten to know get suddenly ill, but it is surprising to me how much it hurts hear about. Hope that does not sound cold because I do consider myself pretty empathetic, but the discussion forums are so impersonal in some ways.

Gary I assume you have been tested for metals? Are you still seeing Dr J in some capacity?

Prayers and best thoughts
Matt

Posts: 357 | From California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what chiquita said

diuretics
celery seed

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks again everyone for your great input.

CI, excellent information. I'm using about 70% of the herbs and teas and tinctures that you mentioned. I got some Yellow Dock about one month ago when you mentioned it to me and also Paradise Herbs Milk Thistle. Aren't you proud of me? [Smile]

The links are very helpful and informative. At this point we still don't know if it's a kidney stone or not. My urologist is out on Fridays, so it will be next week before I know anything. I'll try the other ideas you suggested too including trying to find an acupuncturist. We have a bunch of them in our Asian district. Will see if I can locate a good one and see if that helps. Appreciate you sharing all your ideas and suggestions.

I've had six to seven kidney stones over the years but it's ALWAYS been on the left side, never the right side. Interesting. It was extremely painful yesterday, but today it's subsided considerably. However, the back pain is still pretty bad, almost only when I move around, walk, bend, turn over in bed, etc. Weird.

About the tongue and neuro deal. Have no clue what it's related to. But interestingly enough it seems to come on at about 10:00 am and goes until around noon or so. After that it's not as intense but still there in the background.

Another gal has been corresponding with me and has identical symptoms as I do. She too has lyme. She's been tested but nothing shows up. Obviously it's neuro, but what's causing it?????

I will get a brain scan soon. Need to call my neuro doctor and get tested just to be on the safe side. My previous LLMD from Texas, the one who decided to retire after the medical board was investigating him due to the fact that he was "over prescribing" abx, was planning to have me get a brain scan. Since he retired we never followed up on it. Need to do it just to rule out anything.

Anyone think it's a symptom of a co-infection, Babesia maybe??? Who knows? But nothing I do really gets rid of it, I just have to wait it out. The fact that it happens almost at the same time everyday seems it would mean something, would it not? It does happen at different times sometimes, but not too much, mostly same time everyday. It did stop for about a month, then started up again recently.

I have been doing some heavy detox lately, including taking some Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth (DE) for parasites. Also doing chlorella and coffee enemas too. I know some will say that's probably what's causing it, but this actually started over a year ago. The first two times it happened it was pretty frightening as I thought I was having a stroke. Both times in the ER they did a brain scan and blood tests--negative.

Now I don't even bother going to the ER, even when it's real bad as it was this morning. Most of the times it isn't that bad, but today was pretty intense. But it passed and tonight I'm doing alright. No rhyme or reason as to why it happens when it does. I do think that the stirring up of the toxins could be contributing to it, but I wasn't doing any detox back when it first happened a year ago. It's quite perplexing and frustrating not knowing what it is and how to resolve it. I take plenty of magnesium and still nothing helps it.

MDWOO5, sounds like the Yogi Detox tea you're talking about, right? Yeah, I drink that every night. Love the taste of it too! Do you have the tongue and head pressure symptoms too? Anything give you relief from it? I feel it will be a waste of time and money to have all the tests like you did, but best to do it and know for sure it isn't brain lesions--or something else.

Matt, not a drop of blood was found in my urine. You wonder if it's something that mimics kidney stone symptoms? Possible. Another gal who I'm corresponding with emailed me and said that she had the same pain when she was doing parasite treatment. She said that it happened to her when the die-off from the parasites took place. I suspect she might be right. Maybe that's what this is all about--who knows?

Matt, no, never been tested for metals. Not seeing Dr. J at this time. Can't afford it. $$$$$! We email sometimes, but that's about it. He's the one who suggested I take DE. I went to the Cowden Facebook page and pm'd Dr. C to ask him about DE. He too highly recommended it for parasites. Amazing that he personally answers questions on his FB page and even answers pm's too! Seems like a neat guy!

canefan, yes, doing that now. Thanks!

All these suggestions were very helpful and I'm sure many of them have contributed to the pain subsiding some, especially in the front. The back pain is much worse when I'm moving. It feels like a strained back but it's not as I haven't done anything that would have caused me to strain my back.

Anyway, gonna sit here and drink my detox tea then take 1/2 tsp of DE before bed and see what tomorrow brings. Wish we had a good ND here in town, but we don't. The next big town over, about 90 miles from us, have some. I've read their reviews and none of them had very good reviews. OK isn't really the place to be if you need natural treatments. Heck, OK isn't even the place to be if you need conventional treatments either. Doctors here are really...never mind. Not gonna go there, you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the hugs, love and prayers. You all have mine too! [Smile]

Good night everyone!

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,

Just saw this thread. so sorry you are having such a rough time. Just a thought, but if you are taking any antiparasitics, it could cause you to have some neuro symptoms. It did for me.

Approx 8 yrs ago (before taking antiparasitics) my head, chest and pelvis went completely numb.

Heard a buzzing sound in my head and could actually feel the numbing sensation zipping down half my head.

When I got to the E.R. via ambulance, the other half went numb. No stroke, or any other findings.

I can only speak for myself, but after much tx going after parasites, it became clear that that's what it was. Don't want to become too graphic, but, after starting salt/c, things started to move out.

I hope you feel better, and are having a peacefull night.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My understanding is that EDTA, or heavy metal chelation can dissolve the calcium in plaque and kidney stones.

I'm currently chelating with Detoxamin. Here is something that states it dissolves kidney stones, among other things.

http://www.holistichealthtools.com/chelation.html

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gary
So sorry about this
I have no experience/advice to offer on this issue

I just want to send you my well wishes

Hope the pain passes soon

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,

I think Magnesium can dissolve calcium kidney stones, if I remember right.

Also, about the neuro stuff - are you getting enough Vit. B12?

Since it is half your tongue that feels strange, I wonder if this is some odd version of Bell's Palsy? I know Lyme can cause Bell's, so it seems reasonable to think Lyme could cause your symptoms also. And I know Vitamin B12 can make Bell's Palsy improve.

Homeopathic Hypericum Perf. may help with the kidney pain and the neuro issues. You can get it at most health food stores, or online from http://supersup.com/ or http://www.abchomeopathy.com (I have no financial connections with either of these websites/companies). Try 30C potency. I wouldn't go any higher than that but lower would be ok too - just may take more doses at lower potencies -- lower potencies are any x potency or anything lower than 30C (12x, 6C, etc.).

Dosing: Take 2 pellets and let them melt under the tongue. Take as needed (as often as every 5 minutes) while symptoms are acute. Then, as symptoms improve, increase the time between doses. You may need to take the remedy 3-4x/day for a while to completely get rid of symptoms.

Make sure you have not eaten or drunk anything (other than plain water) for 20 minutes before & after each dose of homeopathy. Do not store homeopathy near anything with a strong odor (such as arthritis rubs, essential oils, perfum/cologn, scented lotions, etc.).

I hope this helps...take care,

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning Gary,

I wish I had an answer for you. The tongue and pressure is not every day same time for me. I have so many of the neuro stuff they like to rotate on me, never know what nerves will be attacked each day when I awaken. I get to have a little surprise each day. Like I said, I take extra of the supplements I already have, and time seems to "change" the symptoms for me.

I hope all the suggestions everyone has offered helps relieve your symptoms. Praying for you dear friend.

Oh, one more thing Gary, I saw three neuro docs with three different brain scans (with and w/o die) and all said the same thing, no lesions???? I have started to think the neuro issue are also caused from Ehrilichia I had for many a year. I think the, yes the number for E.chaffeensis Ab was 1:256 which is quite high and this little co-infection likes to lay dornment then pop out and have havoc on the nerves.

--------------------

txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,

So sorry you have been in pain! You are in my prayers!

I am starting to think the same as you, that the tongue issues might be babesia. I've read from a few other members that babs stirs up their tongue issues.

I hope you feel better soon!

Thinking of you.

Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

I've not been posting much lately over the Memorial Dad weekend. Been having good days and not so good days, today it's stated off to be good, hoping it stays that way. [Smile]

The back pain is pretty much gone. Seems if I did have a stone it's either gone or sitting somewhere where it doesn't cause pain. Will be seeing my urologist about this and see what he suggests.

* Gael, yeah, I suspect a lot of what's going on right now is from the antiparasite treatment. Buzzing sounds that you mentioned is something I have almost non-stop. Drives me nuts sometimes.

I've been taking DE lately to see how that works out for me. Going to be on it for ten days on, ten days off and continue to do that for 90 days as one herbalist recommended.

I'm thinking about taking the Gaia Herbs Para-Shield during the ten days off so that I can keep attacking these things with both the DE and the Para-Shield. I've thought of doing both together but not sure that's a good idea or not. Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

* nspiker, Detoxamin looks interesting. I'm reading about it and am impressed with what I've read so far. I'm going to run this by my biological doctor and see if he would feel comfortable with me trying this. Are you still getting good benefits from it? Thanks for suggesting it.

* Razzle, yes, I'm getting enough B12. I was off of it for a month but could tell I needed to get back on it. Been back on it for a couple weeks now.

Yes, I have wondered too if it's a form of Bell's Palsy. So far none of the doctors have a clue what's causing it. Thanks for your suggestion about the homeopathic remedy. I'm going to get that to have on hand in the event the back pain comes on again. Appreciate your suggestions and input.

*MDWOO5, thanks for sharing your experience with the tongue thing. Yeah, it's something that comes and goes. Past few days it's not really been too bothersome. I'm sure it's nothing. May or may not get a brain scan as I don't want to get any more dye in me for a long time. That stuff ain't no good for the kidneys!

I believe it could definitely be caused from a co-infection. I was never tested for co-infections but would not be surprised if I had one or more of them. Your prayers are greatly appreciated--thank you!

txgirl09, Your prayers are much appreciated. Yeah, I think it's very likely co-infection related. I was going to get tested for co-infections but the LLMD in Texas retired before I could have it done.

As you probably know, he was called in by the medical board for over prescribing abx. He decided not to fight it and just close up shop. Too bad as now there isn't any LLMD's in TX that I'm aware of.

Not sure if I'll get tested for co-infections or not. In a way it seems, what's the use? I'm not doing abx, so whatever I do has to hit everything anyway. Hopefully what I'm taking now is hitting it, but not sure it is. Can't afford to go back to my biological doctor, still paying off last years bill. Anyway, thanks again for your prayers. I am feeling better than I was, so for that I am grateful.

Thanks again to all of you who offered suggestions, encouragement and prayers.

Gary

baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is nspiker, changed my name to baileypup.

The detoxamin is definitely making a difference. I am taking it for a number of reasons, since we have a family history of plaque-related disease. It's also supposed to be a biofilm-buster as well as a metal chelator. Since being diagnosed with the FL1953, I wanted to aggressively go after the biofilm.

I ordered the 1500mg. dose, after being electrodermal tested, and that was the correct dose. I started with a fourth of a suppository, and have now increased to a half. The first day I had a little brain fog, and could feel it working in my head. I have these swollen places by my temples that have been there since treatment began, that have reduced significantly since starting detoxamin.

If you decide to go this route, you may want to take an antibiotic or colloidal silver and binders, because it will release metals, and everything else.

Another product to check out is NanobacTX. I was going to use that product, until I found detoxamin. Also, EDS testing for me was better for detoxamin. http://nanobiotech.squarespace.com/nanobactx/

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Good afternoon Gary,

Had you on my mind and wondering how you are feeling this day. Did you ever make the urologist visit? if so, how did it go, test results? I pray you are feeling much better today.

--------------------

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hope you get to feeling better. all i know is water, so others will be able to help you better.

i have a friend who has been getting these laser treatments. he's not doing so well. they said one treatment, he's now had three. but then that's just him.

praying for you and yours.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement