LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » can pregnancy really ever be safe??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can pregnancy really ever be safe??
supergirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for supergirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want desperately to become pregnant after my treatment. My new doc says yes as long as I take abx through pg. But, when I hear of someone who is sick due to congenital transfer, I just couldn't bare it if I found out that I had passed this onto a child.

--------------------
PHOENIX: mythical bird that rises from the ashes
July '09 got sick very quickly could barely get out of bed - ND diag lymes.. and the journey began
bite: unkown - no rash

Posts: 248 | From private | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had five babies while infected, before diagnosis, and none of them got it from me (my sixth was adopted).

You can't ever be sure, but then again, even if you were healthy, you still couldn't be sure there wouldn't be a problem. At least with LLMD care, you can try to prevent passing the Lyme to the baby.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its such a personal thing to decide. Honestly I am scared, not only for the child but for me getting sick and not being able to care for the child after having it.

I have decided to adopt when the time comes. It does make me sad, that i wont have a biological child or ever be pregnant, but I also think its a very special gift for me to give to another child that otherwise might not have a good life. In this life you cannot do everything, its all about choices, so for me I feel it is the right choice.

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miapiaface
Member # 31679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miapiaface     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I ask why you have "phoenix" in you sig line. That's my little guys name so I am just curious.
Posts: 16 | From niagara | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaOD20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnnaOD20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Supergirl--I am in a similar place. Fortunately I do have two children already who I completely love and adore. I was pregnant again and miscarried in Sept (will never be sure if it was lyme related since I did get diagnosed a couple months later w/ lyme/bartonella).

I am still seriously considering pregnancy but due to age feel so much pressure to make a decision.

How are you feeling? I feel like my situation is some what unique in that I really did not not have lyme/bart symptoms at the time of diagnosis. I was just aggressively trying to understand why I had a m/c and did the Igenex testing which revealed a positive result.

I had some issues w/ fatigue and fogginess AFTER starting treatment (sure candida played a role in those symptoms) but soon after having my amalgams removed I really turned a corner.

I recently stopped abx (my CD57 got up to a 99). I am spending the next 6 weeks or so working on clearing up candida (feeling like I am on my way to improvement w/ that) and doing IV chelation push for mercury removal.

I will re test my CD57 and check heavy metal levels to see where I am at before considering pregnancy. I was hoping to consult w/ an LLMD about my specific situation but the initial appt is so expensive.

I am pretty sure I would go back on abx if I were to try for pregnancy (although I worry about the impacts of them as well). I just think that had I not been pregnant last fall my immune system may have been stronger. I think the lyme and heavy metals along w/ pregnancy was too much for me to handle.

Although I feel good now I know that pregnancy would most likely compromise my system again and I could relapse. If I were younger though I'd wait a year or two and if I remained symptom free I would seriously consider not being on abx for pregnancy (but be monitored closely).

I continue to go back and forth on this issue and while I am treating I just try to put it out of my mind. There is a lot to think about and I am doing as much research as I can. Good luck to you. My thoughts are with you.

Posts: 376 | From New York | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read threatment while carrying is low dose doxy.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onlyflippin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will say i have never thought of getting pregnant, but i am a man. [Big Grin] But my wife and i tried, she had two kids before me and their dad was a complete waste of a human life. The most interesting part after over 20 years is that both kids look much like me more than their bio father. I guess what i am trying to say is that, whether or not you have a bio child or adopted it will still be your child. It will be you whether or not it is blood related. Hope i didnt make a jack ass of my self

--------------------
Help I am being forced against my will to learn medicine!!!

Posts: 164 | From WASHINGTON | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You cant take doxy while pregnant.....

I am 30 weeks along.. it has been hell on earth. My baby appears completely healthy, but no way to tell if she has been infected unti i get the placenta etc tested. I never would have done this on purpose. I actually had an iud in that failed. I just hope i am able to care for her when she is born. I also hope the aggressive treatment keeps her from getting lyme.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supergirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for supergirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am deeply touched by all of your responses and it's clear that choosing (or accidentally getting pg after lyme) is a contraversial issue.

Whitney S - we live close! I appreciate your thoughts and I am leaning in that direction esp since I just heard of a child who only showed lyme symptoms at age 12 and not before. Sometimes in life, there are many GOOD choices -

miapiaface: my last name phoenix is a chosen last name which will be legal in July on my birthday. I was born into a violent abusive family, escaped at age 16 and have been healing ever since. therefore, I am a Phoenix!

someone said something about getting much better after amalgum fillings were removed: this really inspires me to complete that process. Thanks! we are all helping each other so much.

thanks for the post about how your children look like you even though you are not the bio dad...sweet.

I lost a baby when I was a child (pg because of rape) and now that I have healed, I long to become pregnant as part of my healing from abuse - I long to have that experience since that baby was taken without my permission.

But, when I really check in with myself, and ask: can I live with taking a risk and then passing this onto my child? vs can I live adopting and never having been pg? I could much easier live with adopting and not being pg than living with having passed this onto a child.

sending love out to all today!! thank you so much for yoru kind support

--------------------
July '09 got sick very quickly could barely get out of bed - ND diag lymes.. and the journey began

Posts: 248 | From private | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to add that I am in a similar place. My husband and I are in our early 40's with no kids. He is dying to be a father. We both have Lyme.

I am also scared of congenital Lyme, and of a huge relapse after a pregnancy. Add in the possible genetic complications of a late pregnancy, and it is so daunting.

We are also considering adoption.

We Pacific NWerners should get together!!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supergirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26936

we should get together! let's do it...
each day that goes by, I am leaning more and more towards adoption because there are no studies to prove how treatment can prevent transmission...I don't want to find out 20 years from now that abx during pg does not help, ya know?

If I had become pg by accident, and passed it on, then that's one thing, but knowing there is a risk...I would not wish this on anyone...

--------------------

lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello folks:

I would advise taking the antibiotics of choice while pregnant.

I had lyme undiagnosed for years before pregnancy. Then, went through 4 pregnancies before getting a diagnosis.

First child appeared to be fine, though she struggled with depression most of the time. Her I.Q. is wonderful. Then we moved to CT and she got lyme/babs undiagnosed for 1 1/2 years. She is now chronic.

Second daughter I am sure was born with neuro lyme. The craziness was unbelievable. We didn't know the difference. WE moved to CT where she got chronic lyme disease as well.

Third daughter happened when I was bedridden with lyme/babs symptoms but undiagnosed. 20 weeks into that pregnancy, we learned I had no amniotic fluid. Multcystic kidneys. She was born at 35 weeks gestation and died in delivery. A beautiful baby girl. As I was yet undiagnosed, no one thought to do a test for lyme on her.

Fourth daughter, seemed to miss the bullet. Beautiful intelligent daughter. WE moved to CT. She is now a chronic lyme patient. Diagnosed at 4 1/2 when she would wake up and not feel her legs anymore. She is 12 now and doing well on her medication. But withdrawing the medication leads to full backslide.

Take the antibiotics. !!!!!

I knew a lady that was on I.V. rocephin during her pregnancy.

Mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supergirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26936

As the days pass and I check in with my conscience more and more, I don't think I will try to get pg. There are simply no studies that can tell us whether taking abx will 100% prevent transmission and I don't want to live with having passed this on to my child.

While I long to become pg, I need to become pg is less than my need to make sure that I don't ever pass this on. Sometimes I just don't get something that I want desperately in this life...but there is always a path unfolding uniquely for me that is my best life if I just listen for the answers inside.

--------------------

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adoption does not guarantee a Lyme-free baby.

Having a baby at 22 isn't a guarantee that you'll have a healthy baby.

Having a baby at 42 isn't a guarantee that you'll have a baby with chromosomal problems.

Follow your hearts. I wish you all the best, no matter what you choose.

Life is such a crap shoot.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At a February 2011 seminar, in New York, Dr. K. talked at length about pregnancies and Lyme. He told how he guided a woman through several pregnancies.
Maybe you can get the DVD's from his Institute or share it with someone who has the set covering that seminar. Best wishes to you.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supergirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26936

thanks! I"ll look into that dvd. Sometimes in life, we are faced with a choice as to which road to choose...we are all doing our best..so, I will do all that I can to make the best decision for me and my unborn child.

The problem I have with the info we have so far is that 15 years ago, woman were told that it could not be transferred in vitro. Now, we know that is not true. So, I don't want to hear 15 years from now and have a sick child and have them so..on, yea, we were wrong again..abx doesn't stop transmission..

For anyone who is pg, my heart and hope is with you for the best outcome! There is no right or wrong path...only what is right for each individual person

--------------------

Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a three month old and treated for the entire pregnancy. She is doing fine so far. I did not get the placenta tested or get her

tested. I have been told by a few people that have had neg. results from the placenta being tested and have had kids with lyme. We do not

have the money for these kinds of tests. I will judge based on if she is showing symptoms, and so far she is doing great! This pregnancy was not planned but I was feeling pretty good when I got pregnant and had very few

symptoms while p.g. After I had her is when I went downhill. The first month was hard but I am now feeling better, not where I was pre-pregnancy but better. If you are still really

sick, might not be a good idea until you have the lyme under control. You can always consult with your llmd about it too.
Best of luck.

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My opinion is that if you are going to get pregnant on purpose it is very important to test the placenta etc for lyme and co's. If you want to have a baby and you have lyme, you need to be prepared for the fact that your baby could be infected.

That means you need to be able to afford testing and treatment. I am NOT judging anyone for not doing it.

But if you cant afford to have a baby with lyme then you shouldnt get preg on purpose.

I am as broke as can be and I am scraping my pennies together to be able to test the placenta, cord and cord blood for lyme and babesia. It will be just under $1000.

It is my understanding you cant test the baby for quite some time because it would have your antibodies.

Thats just my opinion. I am NOT waiting around for symptoms if I dont have to. That makes me very uncomfortable

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had 3 miscarriages and one healthy baby, all with undiagnosed Lyme. My daughter is now 3 1/2, and I have not had her tested yet. I plan on it, but just need to be a little healthier in order to deal with it. So far she is bright and healthy, and showing no symptoms whatsoever. Even if you treat during pregnancy, it is no guarantee the baby will survive. I wanted another child, but now I do not think that will happen for us. If I was younger I would focus on getting healthy, and then adopt. But its not an option really for me. I will say the miscarriages were just about as difficult for me as Lyme has been. I wish the best for all of you. It is not fair for this illness to prevent any of us to have the families we dream of.
Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if miscarriages should be blamed on lyme.. I know many many women who have had them and have not been infected. I'm sure it is possible that it can happen but the majority of women who do have spontaneous miscarriages are not attributed to lyme.

Until our testing methods become foolproof, I would also never treat a child if he/she was not symptomatic..regardless of test results. That seems a bit reckless to me.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you lulu. A friend of mine (healthy) had 3 misses amongst her 4 successful pregnancies.

If I knew I had TBD during pregnancy, I WOULD absolutely seek treatment during the duration of the pregnancy.

Your point is different -- should a child be treated if asymptomatic?? The obvious answer is no.

But when we're talking in-utero of an infected mom, to me that answer is just as obvious -- yes, seek treatment.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaOD20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnnaOD20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think about this very issue every day.

I have two healthy little boys and had what seemed to be a normal/healthy pregnancy w/ a third baby. I had a 2nd trimester miscarriage in Sept 2010. I was diagnosed w/ lyme/bart a couple months later.

I feel my situation is different in that I was not symptomatic at the time of diagnosis, but treated anyway. I was on 3 abx for 5 full months and at that time I started w/ fatigue and some fogginess (that I am sure was more to do w/ candida).

So now I am done w/ abx (have been off of them for almost a month) and working on candida and heavy metals (doing IV chelation) and really feeling good.

So...after I am done with this if I decide to try and get pregnant do I go back on abx?

I realize I could have a relapse if I do get pregnant, but it is very hard to go back on abx when I am not symptomatic of lyme/bart. I know I am not considered chronic lyme since I didn't have it for a full year, but I probably went undiagnosed for a couple of months. I am unclear though what category I fall under.

I know there is no way to know if I am "cured," of lyme and I worry about what it will do to my body to be on abx (for 9 plus months if I don't need them) BUT I worry even more about what would happen if I am not on them and it is what is needed to keep the baby safe.

I wish there was someone who could advise me on this. If I were a few years younger I would wait a couple of years and if I remained symptom free I would try for pregnancy w/out abx, but I am pushing 40 and know that isn't an option. So I really feel for everyone facing this too!

Posts: 376 | From New York | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

If my placenta etc comes back pos I will push for treatment. symptoms or not.
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe I heard this on the CALDA panel discussion. One doctor said the most dangerous time for transmission is if the mother is infected during the first trimester. There are very safe drugs to prevent the baby from getting it.

The only problem is if you feel well enough once the baby is born to meet their demands. It is tough but if you have a lot of help you should be fine.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lululymemom,
I know there is no way to tell if my miscarriages were because of Lyme, but my heart tells me they were. I do not think I would treat my daughter if there were no symptoms, but honestly I have not done enough research to decide for sure. This is why I have not gone down that road yet. She is healthy, and for now, that is good enough for me.

Motherhood is challenging when we are healthy, and with the added stress of chronic illness, I sympathize with all of you and the choices you now have to make. It is ultimately a very personal decision, to get pregnant or not, to adopt or not, how to treat while pregnant, and what to do after baby is here. I am supportive of you all, whatever choices you make. There is no" right" answer, except what is right for you and your family.

Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also had a miscarriage 26 years ago and will never know what caused it. Maybe I was infected, I don't know. My daughter developed symptoms last year at 25.

It's possible I could have transmitted it to her back when I was pregnant, but that is a big unknown. If I did, it would have been dormant all this time and I think she handled treatment much better at 25 then maybe she would have at a young age.

It it were me now, I would treat with abx for at least the first trimester because that is when transmission would occur as nefferdun stated.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilylooloo
Member # 30859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilylooloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also am considering when/if to get pregnant. I'm in my early 30s but my husband is 10 yrs older and is anxious for another. I wasn't diagnosed until 11 months after my daughter was born, but I'm certain that I was infected 5 years ago.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable adopting, just because of the unknown, what if the birth mother has lyme and doesn't know it and passes it along. etc. I'd feel safer knowing that I was doing everything possible to protect my baby.

I'm also terrified for my daughter's first LLMD appointment which is this Thursday. She does have some vague symptoms which may or may not indicate lyme, but I think she herxed while taking amox for an ear infection because on the 4th day she began screaming and holding her neck, cried for 2 hours straight. It was terrible. It is one thing to be afflicted with this terrible disease, but it's altogether another to have to watch your baby suffer (mine is 15 months).

I had always wanted 4 kids. I'm wondering if I can come to terms with just having the one.

Posts: 7 | From New York | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilylooloo
Member # 30859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilylooloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi, do you have a link to that institute or can you send me a PM with the institute name/doctor's name? I don't know who you're talking about but I'd really like to hear the speech. Thanks.
Posts: 7 | From New York | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaOD20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29942

Gigi/lilooloo I would like that info too!! Could either of you post or PM me as well?
lululymemom
Member # 26405

This was posted by Gigi, recently. An excerpt from Dr. K. Conference 01/06

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/103329?

You have to be aware of that --- if you accompany pregnancies as a physician, it is no longer allowed not to look at Lyme Disease. You need to know if your pregnant Mom �����I just got through with another pregnancy, a friend of mine from Canada, she was positive for Lyme Disease. And we put her on the herbal treatment, ignoring all the herbal rules; we put her on PC-Samento which is not allowed during pregnancy; we put her on PC -Noni which is not allowed during pregnancy ----- nothing is allowed during pregnancy, but if you don�t treat it, you have a crippled child, or a crippled adult if it makes it into adulthood.

The herbal treatments have turned out to be extremely safe, the herbal treatments that I am recommending, and have worked beautifully in accompanying the pregnancy.

I am not sure if he still believes in this method of treatment for pregnant women, but it would be interesting to know.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

katiebobatie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiebobatie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great post!!!

i think about this issue all the time myself!

i will NEVER try to get pregnant until i feel like this disease is out of my body, and i have an amazing doctor who i trust whole heartedly!!!

like you, i just couldn't live with myself if i gave this disease to my baby! it would be so so terrible [Frown]

i'm honestly considering adoption later on down the road for this very reason..

it just seems SO unsafe to grow a baby inside a bacteria infested body, and i'm not sure if i'll ever get better...

Posts: 442 | From usa | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katiebobatie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiebobatie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
merrygirl,

that is so scary! i really do wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy, and i hope your baby turns out 100% healthy!!

Posts: 442 | From usa | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katiebobatie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28753

lymewreck,

wow, the screen name totally fits you [Frown]

i am so sorry lyme took a toll on your children like that, and i am especially sorry that you lost your 3rd child [Frown]

katiebobatie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28753

also,

my LLMD really upset me at my last appointment!

instead of telling me of the risks of me getting pregnant with lyme, he acted like i was weird for not planning on having kids soon!!!

i couldn't believe it... i was laying on the table vibrating, in terrible shape... and he's standing there telling me i need IV anti-biotics... then acting like i need to be having kids right now!!!

i do not understand him. it REALLY upset me, because i would like to have kids, but i'm just not in a position where i can!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement