LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » salt/c specifics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: salt/c specifics?
ihavelyme
Member # 30170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihavelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been searching for specifics re: salt/c on this site.

I would like to know what brands salt and vit c y'all use as well as amount you use.

I have read that one should start slowly with 1/8th tsp.

I've been taking diflucan for yeast and it gives me terrible constipation. didn't go for 5 days then took magnesium citrate...had blow-out...then didn't go again for another 6 days. What a mess.

I have also been taking parastroy.

have been on 6 week break from abx. i'm working hard on focusing on detox and parasites.

please let let me know the specifics of salt/c. If you are not comfortable posting this info, you are welcome to pm me. Either way, I appreciate the help.

--------------------
lyme, bart, myco, EBV, yada, yada, yada...

Posts: 40 | From nc | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onlyflippin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did they find parasites? stool sample?? thanks rob

--------------------
Help I am being forced against my will to learn medicine!!!

Posts: 164 | From WASHINGTON | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was using the pink himalayan sea salt...but I'm sure you can any sea salt, just not the iodized salt.

PM sent.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started with 1/4 tsp sea salt (I use Real Salt) and 1/4tsp Ester C powder with bioflavinoids (American Health)in a large glass of water.(per day)

I ramped up 1/4 tsp at a time according to how I was herxing. You can sip this through the day. You should get diarrhea as you go up on the doses from the dieoff.

I order both products from vitacost.

Hope this helps,

Gael

[ 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: glm1111 ]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fx
Member # 32208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does it really work ?
http://www.lymephotos.com/index.shtml

Posts: 13 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had EVERYTHING pictured here exit after 6 mos of taking antiparasitic herbs. The death blow came when I started the salt/c 2 days later.

I never in a million yrs would have thought these parasites were in me after being so sick for 30 yrs. Was tx with abx for 4 yrs prior.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael,

How long was it after you started the salt/c and antiparsitic herbs did you start to feel better?

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Gary,

The parasites, including bowls full of white worms and other parasites including 20 inch roundworms and a very long tapeworm were exiting for at least a yr.

The ones that were visible were first to leave and I kept herxing with smaller ones and tons of eggs for another year or more.

To say I was feeling better would not be accurate during that time because of the intense herxing. I also was interrupted with 2 moves from my home, so that did not help.

I will tell you tho, that the excrutiating pain and other Lyme symptoms were calming down one by one during this time.

The only symptoms I have left now are mostly G. I. anf that gets better everyday. Everyone is different in how long it takes for them to heal, how long you have been infected etc.

I am just grateful, that the BEAST was identified and I was given the tools to kill it, because I was close to death in 05-06.

Hope this helps clarify,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael,

How long was it after you started the salt/c and antiparsitic herbs did you start to feel better?

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Gary,

As I tried to explain in the above post, it was a step by step process with symptoms leaving one at a time.

There was NO defintive time, or date that I can give you. I would give you the same answer under oath in a court of law. [Cool]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe that parasites can be factors with many, but I personally don't think it is the primary issue for everyone.

I had Dientameoba Fragilis in 2003, I treated one time with an accidental overdose.(pharmacist perscribed 5 times the dose) I never felt any ill effects from that dosing and have not had any problems with parasites since.

I am now feeling almost back to normal now. I do believe they are important to treat, but treating for years seems like you may have to address other issues, such as diet and other possible modes of transmission.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

lulu,

I have been studying holistic healing for over 20 yrs. I incorporated, juicing, macrobiotics, yeast free diet,colonics, coconut oil, Kefir, energy healing. color therapy, acupunture, Reiki and many other health giving modalities including a 4 mos meditation.

I was not just dealing with one parasite as you described, I was dealing with a Filarial Worm co-infection, as well as other parasites, babs, bart, erlichia and Lyme.

I was hospitalized over 5 times landing in ICU over the yrs (peritontitis, pancreatitis, asthma, vomiting blood, 5 central lines and a punctured lung) There is more...

Coming back from all of this was not an easy feat and it's a MIRACLE that was able to come back at all.

So unless you have dealt with All of these infections, I seriously doubt that one pharma med would have done the trick.

I am glad you are better and wish you well.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

lulu,

I have been studying holistic healing for over 20 yrs. I incorporated, juicing, macrobiotics, yeast free diet,colonics, coconut oil, Kefir, energy healing. color therapy, acupunture, Reiki and many other health giving modalities including a 4 mos meditation.

I was not just dealing with one parasite as you described, I was dealing with a Filarial Worm co-infection, as well as other parasites, babs, bart, erlichia and Lyme.

I was hospitalized over 5 times landing in ICU over the yrs (peritontitis, pancreatitis, asthma, vomiting blood, 5 central lines and a punctured lung) There is more...

Coming back from all of this was not an easy feat and it's a MIRACLE that was able to come back at all.

So unless you have dealt with All of these infections, I seriously doubt that one pharma med would have done the trick.

I am glad you are better and wish you well.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

P. S.

forgot to mention 2 yrs of IVIG, 4 yrs of abx, incl 6 mos of IV Rocephin. I am sure the abx were helpful and I need them in the beginning.

However the antiparasitic herbs and salt/c were the only protocols that really went after these infections for me. Everyone is different [Smile]

Gael

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

lululymemom
Member # 26405

glm, I do sympathize with your situation and it seems was very debilitating to you. My point was not that everyone can be treated with one dose of anything, but that sometimes there are extenuating circumstances.

I contracted the D.F. from a hamburger I had at A&W not from Lyme. IMHO, a plant based diet reduces the likelihood of re-infestation of parasites.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

glm1111
Member # 16556

lulu,

Are you aware that you can be infected with parasites from greens? There are many ways we can become infected with parasites, so a plant based diet is not totaly safe either.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

lululymemom
Member # 26405

I am just speaking from my own experience. I have been vegetarian for 3 years now with no sign of parasitic infection.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all parasites are visible to the naked eye, either. There is alot of evidence for hidden lungworm as a cause of CFS but there are no tests for it so far as I know. They are less than 1 mm & they live in the lungs.

The symptoms are very similar to Lyme & Fibro, as well. Not everyone has a parasite problem but if you are under stress, your body may not be able to defend itself & you can succumb.

Threadworms are also very common (especially in Australia). Fluke eggs can be in watercress. Fish, veggies, fruit & pets can also be sources of exposure to parasites.

For some reason people think we don't have them here in the US. One reason why people may have been exposed to hidden lungworm is because people came back from the Vietnam War with them back in the 1970's. People travel & we get produce from many countries outside of the US.

It's not just a 3rd World problem anymore. I know someone who loves sushi & recently had to have their gallbladder removed. Co-incidence? Maybe... I think alot of illnesses can be misdiagnosed parasite problems. They can live in many places in the body - not just the intestines.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

This goes with the abx treatment issue.. Many are treating with abx for years and years hoping for improvement and now they will be treating parasites with harsh drugs, which may or may not be a problem.

This is just one big guessing game.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to divert the thread - I love Real Salt! I can't use regular salt anymore after trying Real Salt.

I tried the salt/c protocol for a week or 2 but it was too strong for me. I may go back to it sometime. The Parastroy was enough. It took me a while to ramp it up to full dose. I recently added boron & diatomaceous earth.

Seems to be working!

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

It's pretty easy to provoke a response with herbs for parasites. I took the herbs for 2 weeks & got really ill. I saw them in the toilet. I didn't get any tests... The doctor I was in contact with had no clue what to say when I showed him photos. He told me to contact the CDC! I had to ask him for ivermectin & he gave me the wrong dosage. The pharmacy didn't even have it in stock...

Sometimes, you just have to go with your gut (pardon the "pun") & take matters into your own hands. I've been ill for 16 years & spent thousands... All I needed was an $11 bottle of Parastroy.

lululymemom
Member # 26405

It's the pharmeceuticals I am referring to.. not the herbal treatments. Many who are treating parasites are not seeing them in the toilet.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

anonymiss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is this parastroy and where can I get it? I want to poop out alien things!
Posts: 156 | From Virginia | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

You can get it at: www.iherb.com

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

anonymiss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh, they have it at the Vitamin Shoppe down the street! Sweetness!
Posts: 156 | From Virginia | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Many of the parasites are not visible to the naked eye. Can you see babesia? It's a parasite....
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Yes babesia is a blood parasite, a whole different class as far as I'm concerned.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement