LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Please share what you do to detox

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please share what you do to detox
sandyk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sandyk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

My husband is starting on Bicillin after a year off due to prior pancreatitis issues. He currently has elevated liver enzymes.

Our LLMD also told us to take Vit. B3, Magnesium, Milk Thisle and the probiotics.

With our prior gastro issues and the liver enzymes I want to be sure we are detoxing the right way and I am not familiar it.

Can you share some of your detox methods?

[ 06-23-2011, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: sandyk ]

Posts: 159 | From Toms River, NJ | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

This is what I do to get my Liver enzymes to come down. So far so good!!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/108151

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandy, I came up with an idea today that I hadn't posed to you before.

Your husband has incredible problems with his Pancreas, is that correct?

Has anyone prescribed anti-viral therapies to treat it? Does your husband have a positive titer to any of these infections:

mumps, hepatitis virus, rubella, Epstein-Barr virus (the cause of mononucleosis), and cytomegalovirus

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As well as Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Did he test positive for any of these? Mycoplasma Pneumonia, Adenovirus?

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggest you take a look at the chemical sensitivity and FIR thread - you may not have chemical sensitivity but the FIR = far infrared treatment is a way to detox -
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandyk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sandyk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, he does have severe chemical sensitivity.

He had pancreatitis 4 times within a year. The first one was when he was on IV Doxy then 3 more.

I never heard of anti-viral therapies or FIR.

Our current LLMD is Dr. S. He is starting on Bicillin. We need to start off slow per Dr. S so supplements will be Probiotics, D3, Milk Thistle, Magnesium and NAC 600.

He has tested positive for RMSF, Erlichiosis, EBV, Parvovirus, and Coxsackie. I think that's it for viruses.

I listed the blookwork summary here in case I missed something important:
11/19/08 IGENEX
IGM - 31+,41 IND
IGG - 23-25++,31+,39IND,41++,45+,58+,83-93IND
Human Monocytic IGG 1:64 Titer

7/3/09 LABCORP
IGG - 66, 41, 18
IGM Neg
Ehrlichia IGG 1:128 Titer High

9/3/09 MDL
IGM Neg
IGG 41
Myeloperoxidase AB - 23 High
Cardiolipin AB IGG 22 H

11/19/09 - Mayo Clinic
IGG 41
IGM Neg
ANA - 2.4 High
IGG Subclass 3 143 High

4/27/10 IGENEX
IGM - 31 IND, 41+
IGG - 23-25+,31++,34+,39IND,41++,58+,66+,83-93IND
RMSF IGG Detected
RMSF IGG Titer 1:128 High
EBV IGG Positive
Herpes IGG - 7.42 High
Vascular Endothelial GFA 133 High

7/27/10 LABCORP
IGG 41
IGM 23
Coxsackie IGG A7,A9,A16,A24 High
Glucose 119 High
Parvovirus B19 IGG 6.6 High
C Reactive Protein 13.6 High

6/3/11 - LABCORP
Glucose 101 High
AST/ALT Liver Enzymes High

6/7/11 - SPINAL TAP
Lyme IGG WB - Neg
Myelin Basic Protein - 1.49 High
ANA EIA 2.35
Herpes 22.4 High
EBV AB/Capsid IGG 112.0 High

THANK YOU!!!!

Posts: 159 | From Toms River, NJ | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do FIR sauna and I'm sitting with a castor oil pack on sitting up in bed right now.

17hens had a post here....

How to do mini-flushes and bile duct flushes:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=106075;p=0

I leave my castor packs on over night and the first time I did that I felt a little toxic.

I think the flushes really help the liver...a LOT!

Also a lot of people really like Coffee Enemas.
I have a colema board but have yet to find the patience to deal with the set up and clean up.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooh....

I also do psyllium and bentonite EVERY morning 30 mins before taking any supplements or meds.

This helps break up biofilm in my gut and keep me regular as I think I still have parasite problems.

--------------------

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fyrecracker - is there a good way to mix in the psyllium to make it easier to drink? I first add clay, mix it up, then add psyllium, but the psyllium is very chunky and gross.

I just wanted to make sure I'm doing it correctly. Thanks.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

what brand do you use?

I use Sonne's Psyllium (powder) #9 and Bentonite #7

I've tried other psyllium products but I like this one because it doesn't make it as gross. You can really tell a difference.

I add about 6 oz water to a shaker cup with the little shaker ball inside (wal-mart?)

sometimes I add a splash of fruit juice for flavor (apple or cranberry) but I can get by without it.

After you add water to a shaker cup add the bentonite liquid (1 Tb.)

Then add the psyllium (1 tsp) last

And then .....

SHAKE! for about 4-5 seconds

And THEN.....

I drink it really really fast lol.
(No need to prolong the agony)

I think if you use cold water it will not plump the psyllium up as much, but i usually use room temperature water, hence the urgency to drink it. Cold water makes your tummy work harder to warm it up for digestion.

This really helps keep me at around 2-3 movements a day.

--------------------

Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody ever used Lymphomyosot ( a lymph detox ).

My ND gave it to me a while back and I used it yesterday, and now I feel worse than ever.

I thought it was supposed to help.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Looks like a homeopathic blend?

Sometimes when you take hp's they will make you feel physically worse for a while. Could be working on a layer that needs to be "peeled" away.

My homeopath usually doesn't encourage blends (he is classical), but I have done a few blends of Pekana products suggested by my LLND.

--------------------

jenn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOTS of Lemon water
Epson salt warm bath's with Peroxide
Drink water....water and WATER!

Posts: 501 | From Hudson Ticky Valley, NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pHion Whole Body Detoxification

http://www.phionbalance.com/ph-balancing-products/body-detoxification

Love this stuff - detoxes liver, lymph system and kidneys.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Activated charcoal, and I just ordered apple pectin, sauna during the cooler months, alkaseltzer gold, lots of water, and lots of fiber.
Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would read the Detox support thread here I had started last year but it has lots and lots of responses and lists of things to try.
Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4Seasons
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out this youtube: "Lyme Disease and Detoxification" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxnJKGgdL3w&feature=related

My friend spent three years trying to juggle abx with elevated liver enzymes. A new LLND upped all of her detoxing of all her organs with epsom salt baths, coffee enemas, castor oil packs, good binders, daily glutathione and her enzymes came down within a month.

FIR sauna works well for me, as do Lymphomyosots.

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Posts: 450 | From California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement