LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Who, on this board is in remission? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who, on this board is in remission?
undiagnosed22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for undiagnosed22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else???? Just checking in!
Posts: 200 | From Boston | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is and he was seriously ill with a prognosis at one point of a few months left to live.
Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4Seasons
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter was seriously ill, treated for three years and has been in remission for 1 1/2 years.

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Posts: 450 | From California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
backintherain
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for backintherain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sort of in remission, and I definitely don't come here too often when I'm feeling good.

I actually logged on for the first time in a while b/c I'm having a flare up.
But generally I can live a normal life. [Smile]

4Seasons, I like your quote, especially as it pertains to my username!

Posts: 227 | From Northern CA (bitten in Illinois) | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for sharing...I've loved reading all these success stories:)
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
triathletelymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for triathletelymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------
? date of bite/no rash
10/09 symptoms, 4/10 diagnosed, after 6 mos. ER visits, tons of docs/tests
CDC+ 23/39/41/45/58/66/93
currently on oral plaquenil, doryx, rifampin, pyrazinamide, nystatin, numerous supplements

Posts: 718 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hammond
Member # 32303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hammond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I 've been in remission for almost four years now. Prior to that I was in remission for 10+ years. I know it might come back if I become unhealthy for some other reason. The last episode I think was triggered by an accident I had at work. I spent four days in the hospital with broken ribs and after that (pain killers, shock etc.) the Lyme came back.

So I know I'm always walking the tight rope. Great thread. Know that it is possible to be %100. I did it. So can you. I 'm on Lyme net because this is a $^#%@ WAR!

Posts: 65 | From oregon | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me. For now. 5+ years and counting.
Thank GOD. [Roll Eyes]
I have SOME issues when 1st waking, but hard to tell if it's leftover neuro-Lyme, or age-related or auto-immune.

What do I concentrate on now?
A healthy Diet. Exercise. Some supplements. Foods that are mildly antibiotic, like garlic.
And, especially, good Sleep.

All I can do! Hopefully I can avoid more "long-term abx"... until I'm elderly. [shake]

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lapin
Member # 38202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lapin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hammond:
I 've been in remission for almost four years now. Prior to that I was in remission for 10+ years. I know it might come back if I become unhealthy for some other reason. The last episode I think was triggered by an accident I had at work. I spent four days in the hospital with broken ribs and after that (pain killers, shock etc.) the Lyme came back.

I was diagnosed a year after being infected, and treated with doxy about 23 years ago. So I've lived longer post-treatment than I had pre-treatment. This is the first time I've actually been convinced the fatigue, aches, and stomach upsets may be related to Lyme.

Most of the last 23 years have been pretty ok. I would say I bounced around between 85% and 95%. However, compared to others in my age group, I've always had less tolerance for undersleeping, extremely low tolerance for caffeine, and periods of insomnia.

Hoping to find a doctor here soon so I can figure out why I suddenly feel so lousy. I can tell you this, though... it sure does feel like Lyme.

Posts: 3 | From MN | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been in remission for 18 months, though I've had a couple of mini flare ups that I'm not sure came from bb or just plain ordinary sickness. Since I herxed on the last one, I can assume it was a mini flare, however, I do about all I did before. Just a bit stiff at times.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using stromectol so not in remission but I feel close to 100%.
I hope I can maintain this through the winter because that is when I usually relapse.

What helped me get here was low fat vegan diet and stromectol for protomyxzoa, LDN, and the methyl cycle mutation supplements (CBS also requires a vegan diet). Big difference in just a few months. I don't have any symptoms although I would like to increase my stamina.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rera2528
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rera2528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very, very close, I think. Rifampin has been key for me. 98% most days, with 100% the others. I forget I am a "sick person," if that says anything.
Posts: 447 | From Vermont | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love to hear the positive posts!!

Congrats you guys on your good health!!

Thanks for sharing [Smile]

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryland Mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryland Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been in remission for four years now, back to 100% after seven years of abx. All five of my kids are in remission, too. So I guess that's 6 of the 25-50 who have recovered accounted for. ;-)

Seriously, I'm sure the number of people who have recovered is much higher than 25-50, but many just don't come back once they've regained their health.

Posts: 962 | From Charleston | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
undiagnosed22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for undiagnosed22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else? Checking in!
Posts: 200 | From Boston | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=015820;p=0

PROGRESS & SUCCESS STORIES
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C.P.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C.P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone tell me what Bionic 800 is?
C.P.
Thanks for sharing all the positive stories. I think that everyone who get well should leave us with their full story, including treatments that helped them recover. There should be a separate topic button devoted to all the stories. These stories provide much neeeded reassurance and encouragement to those of us still in the dark trenches.
C.P.

Posts: 106 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you C.P... These positive accounts help so much..

Anybody else?

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme-o
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme-o     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so good to read today. Hubby is having such a bad couple of days. His breathing is bad, muscle weakness is bad,not sure where we're headed. So good to read maybe there is hope still. Hes been with LLMD since April, a quack LLMD for approx 8 months before that. So maybe we're hoping for too much too soon. Just has scary ALS symptoms. Thanks for all the good posts.
Posts: 305 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same five or ten that always post. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement