LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Biomat Experiences?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Biomat Experiences?
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone use a biomat? I've heard great experiences from a few people with lyme. Yet when I search on here, I do not get too many results.

Just wondering your experiences.

Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interested in this as well
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeAware     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had wonderful experiences with the biomat. Honestly, it's one of the best purchases I've made.

I actually have two. One is a full, professional size and it rests on the floor. When I need some deep rest and/or detox, or just needing some big support, I will lay on it for anywhere from 30 minutes - 2 hours at a time.

At 30 minutes I use more of a high heat level, and 2 hours at a lower heat, when I just want to rest and get the benefit of a light sweat for a longer period, and heat into my body. It also helps me rest more deeply, and have the benefit of that sort of deep rest during the day.

My second biomat is a small sized one -- I'm not sure what it's called on the websites, but it's basically like a half sized one. I lean against this on the couch.

I spend most of my time couchbound, and having the biomat there has been huge in keeping my pain levels low, helping my circulation, and maintaining a general sense of wellbeing. I get chilled easily too, so it just feels good.

Sometimes I don't realize how much the biomat does, since it's just always there. But then if I have to spend a day away from it for some reason, I inevitably start aching and hurting and feeling stagnation in my body (because I can't move much and my circulation is poor). Then I remember how glad I am to have the biomat.

It has been a quiet friend for me over the last year. Also, I can take the small sized one on trips on those rare occasions.

For me, the small sized biomat helps with my general level of health and wellbeing -- helping support me during the day. The larger sized one is better for detoxing and getting a good sweat -- for deep rest and deeper work.

I hope that helps!

Posts: 232 | From Oregon | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I credit the biomat with helping me achieve remission (along with abx & healthy lifestyle). I've had Lyme and co-infections (Bab&Bart) since childhood (I'm now in my late 40's) and was so ill, I was bed bound for 2 years with too many symptoms to list by the time I was diagnosed with Lyme.

I then began antibiotics; the biomat helped them work better (heat potentiates abx; also high heat kills Lyme). It also helped with symptom management, lessened herxing, improved circulation, lessened fatigue etc.

My llmd (top well known)highly recommended that I get one as part of my treatment. I will forever be grateful to him for it. I have my life back and know of others who also credit the biomat with helping them achieve remission. Some used antibiotics others didn't.

My guess is that its too expensive for a lot of people. The small one is called a mini but it doesn't do the same thing as the professional size (different technology).

I hope this helps. I can be reached at [email protected] for questions.

Best wishes,
DolphinLady
San Francisco Lyme Disease Support Group

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dolphin,

So would you time your abxs and take them before or after the biomat session
(such a nit picky question lol)

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thank you lymeaware and Dolphin for your detailed responses!
Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Txgirl09, I just bumped up my recent thread for you about the biomat really helping me - see "Major MCS shift for the better".

And btw, I also facilitate a support/advocacy group in SF, SF SEAL (San Francisco Support, Education and Advocacy for Lyme), helping to get the word out to the public as well as offering support.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canefan17,

Ideally you want to do a biomat session after taking abx but sometimes it isn't possible. For example, you need to take abx on schedule; but on a certain day you have appointments so there may not be enough time to do both. Most important is getting in biomat sessions as often as you can.

Diana

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Txgirl09,
You're welcome. Love your lymenet name!
Best wishes to you,
Diana

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Robin123,

I'm glad to hear you are doing better! I'm working toward donating a biomat to the San Francisco Lyme Disease Support Group in my on going efforts to help the Lyme community.

Thus Lyme patients, both local and those visiting San Francisco, will be able to share it and benefit from it.

I'm glad you have your friend's biomat to borrow; when I get this all set up, you will have another option if you like.

All Lymenet members,

I'm excited about making this happen and will make an announcement when its ready to go. I will ask everyone to be patient and participate peacefully as I figure it all out.

Best wishes to all,

Diana DolphinLady
[email protected]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dolphinlady - thx - you remember how sensitive I was! My LLMD also told me to do it.

I think if there's going to be group sharing of a biomat, it would be a good idea for each person to have their own wrap-around of some kind while on it.

We are sweating out toxins, so it seems like a good idea to be protected in something individual so as not to leave all our collective toxins on the mat!

I am still so materials sensitive that I can't even touch the mat, so I put a layer of bags down that I can touch, then put my sleeping bag over me and a blanket over that.

And listen to a great CD that I've got memorized by now, after 6 months!

Yes, it's important to share the resources we have, so that everyone can benefit - that way, we all become stronger as a community - I give what I have, and people give to me too.

I hope that support groups around the country are thinking how to make resources available to all -

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilacs48
Member # 20025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilacs48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what will the biomat do for me that the sauna won't? I don't know enough about it. Thanks.
Posts: 75 | From Missouri | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

lilacs, the biomat has far infrared heat in it, which reaches deeply into the body, including the organs, so is supposed to be more effective at getting the body to sweat out toxins. It certainly worked for me, and I've been very chemical sensitive.

It also has amethyst crystals in it, which put negative ions out into the air. In the beginning, I couldn't tolerate that much "good air," lol - so had to keep the mat rolled up when not using it.

I noticed in the last month that I could keep the mat open and be ok.

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the old fashioned Jade one in 2000. It was great but very heavy. The new Amethyst one is much lighter.

Any one know the best place to purchase one for a good price and how much they cost these days? PM me, please, if you can't post this information here.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Robin123,

Good suggestions, thanks.

What kind of bags do you use and how many?

Diana

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

lilacs48,

In addition to what has already been mentioned, the biomat helps produce a deep delta state of relaxation which contributes to increased immunity, more energy and greater vitality.

It also decreases acidity for more beneficial ph balance in the body (chronic illness, toxins, meds... make us acidic).

Best,
Diana

Robin123
Member # 9197

Believe it or not, to cover the biomat, I use old Walgreens plastic bags - oh, and some old Copy Central plastic bags too -

San Francisco is a pwogwessive city and plastic bags got banned a couple years ago - so, knowing my ability to be able to touch those bags, I scarfed up as many as I could,

so having them, I taped many together to make a barrier between me and the mattress. I also wear them at the dentist office for xray-taking.

And the year they got banned, I decided to go to the St Stupid's Day parade that SF has every year on April Fools day - where folks exchange socks in front of the stock exchange (sock exchange), etc,

Of course, I went wearing these bags, and it turns out, everyone else had the same idea - a whole parade of people wearing banned plastic bags, and autographing them too. I was so happy to be "normal" -

So I need these particular bags and can't donate them, sorry - seems to me everyone needs to bring at least something clean they can lie on, and their own clean covering.

Or alternatively, to figure out what kind of disposible clean wrap could be provided for people to lie on who are not overwhelmingly chemical sensitive like I am, since people like me need to bring what we can tolerate.

Also, people need to shower off or rinse off right away afterwards, otherwise it'll turn into a good case of poison oak experience -

ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyjenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you cannot provide a dealer name for the biomat could someone please give estimate of their cost.

Is it ok to use daily or would that be too often? I do not work and have the time to use it daily.

Robin, please explain about the poison oak experience. Is it from the toxins and die-off?

Posts: 245 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Ladyjenie - I did use the biomat every day for week when I first got it, and broke out into what I thought was a bad case of poison oak.

Not. It was the biomat working very well, with me sweating out toxins, but they were all staying on my skin, so causing an itchy rash. The way I have had to do it is to shower off immediately after doing a sweat session.

And the frequency - maybe it depends on how toxic we are. I get a headache if I do it too frequently. like every two days is too soon for me. We're always all different no matter what treatment we try, so each of us has to calibrate the frequency that works for us.

ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyjenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked up information on the BioMat and one of my main concerns is how it would affect my Morgellons. There was no reference from people who had "M" and used the mat. I don't want to stir up a hornet's nest and make this stuff any worse than it is now. On the other hand it could help.

Robin, I read on another post of yours about the poison oak effect so thank you for explaining and it does make sense that the toxins could be an irritant to a person with MCS but thank God they come out, yeah.

Glad to hear you are doing better!

Lady

Posts: 245 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

I've heard nothing but positive feedback on these from several different individuals. I am interested in purchasing one, but I just wish the price wasn't so darn expensive!

I really do appreciate all the information you have shared, Dolphin and Robin.

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

ladyjenie,

I had Morgellons and thankfully, in my case it has completely resolved. I am symptom free, in remission and on no antibiotics.

Please note, the Biomat can be used at a low or no heat setting so you don't sweat thus no need to shower after.

In the cooler months, I sleep on it all night every night at a low heat setting and I don't sweat. I do get delicious, restful sleep and feel great when I wake up.

When I want to detox, I use a high heat setting, work up a good sweat and shower afterwards. I will also drink lots of water so as not to dehydrate.

However, its true everyone is different and you have to find what works best for you in terms of your health, lifestyle and personal preferences. The good thing is that the Biomat offers lots of flexibility. When in doubt, going slow and easy is the best way to start.

Also, as a member of the Lyme community, you can get a 60 day trial period. Contact me at [email protected] for more info.

Diana

ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Dolphin, I emailed you with inquiry on BioMat.

How did you rid yourself of Morgellon's, did not know it was possible. Did you own the Bio Mat during the time you had Morgellon's?

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

ladyjenie,

I'm not saying I got rid of Morgellon's, Lyme, Babesia or Bartonella. I am saying, all of my symptoms have resolved; IOW, I'm in remission (not cured) and symptom free.

I'm not sure I got your email. Please email me again. Thanks, [email protected]

Wishing you good health,
Diana

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

up for bearlythere
Kudzuslipper
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am following this thread with great interest. I have been reading about the biomat. Like everyone else the price has me wanting to be extra cautious on the purchase. I also found a 60 day trial on line. But have not looked into it further. Just trying to justify it.

Dolphinlady and those who have used it, when did you know it was working? How portable is e professional? If you don't have much space can you roll it up between uses? You say the mini, does not really detox...more for relaxation. Why do you think the mat works better than the far infrared saunas?

Thanks

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am following this thread with great interest. I have been reading about the biomat. Like everyone else the price has me wanting to be extra cautious on the purchase. I also found a 60 day trial on line. But have not looked into it further. Just trying to justify it.

Dolphinlady and those who have used it, when did you know it was working? How portable is e professional? If you don't have much space can you roll it up between uses? You say the mini, does not really detox...more for relaxation. Why do you think the mat works better than the far infrared saunas?

Thanks

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Kudzu, I used it for 5 months before I found that it was helping - sweated on it for hour, once a week. Then in the 6th month, I suddenly wasn't sensitive to smells like I usually was, and I was just beginning to be able to touch chemicalized materials.

Yes, the mat can roll up. And, the mat DOES provide a far infrared sauna experience.

Robin (SF SEAL - San Francisco Support, Education & Advocacy for Lyme)

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Kudzuslipper,

For me it worked right away (within minutes). It is widely used in the Autism community because it induces deep delta states of relaxation (excellent for healing). Care takers report the Autistic patients love and are calmed down by it when nothing else works.

The mini is only for heating up a part of your body such as feet, back, thighs. I tried the mini, it didn't work. My llmd recommended the professional size or larger and he was right.

Yes, you can roll it up when not in use if you don't have much space (it weights 28lbs). It comes with a carrying case with wheels. I take it with me whenever I travel or just switch the rooms I use it in. Its very versatile. It is safe to sleep on all night every night. I do and feel great when I wake up.

The reason I think the Biomat works better than the far infrared sauna is because the sauna focuses on a single technology, infrared rays. The Biomat delivers 3 complementary healing technologies simultaneously, infrared rays, negative ions and amethyst crystals. The crystals help deliver the rays more effectively into the body, and the negative ions increase serotonin. Serotonin is a mood chemical that alleviates depression, relieves stress and increases daytime energy. It produces a pleasant sense of euphoria and peace during treatment.

I'm in remission and no longer take abx. However, I continue to use the Biomat regularly because I'm convinced it will help me stay in remission.

You can email me a [email protected] if you like.

Wishing you good health soon,
D

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

up for sickpuppy
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Can I ask if anyone was a "non-believer" before trying the biomat? I know this crazy disease has us all opening up to alternative therapies we never considered before... the skeptic in me says it seems too good to be true (even for the considerable money.) So did anyone try it on a lark or out of desperation really not expecting it to work?

Could anyone point me to sites of hospitals actually using them (other than mentions on the biomat sites)

I want to believe in it...I really do. It seems so amazing.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Kudzu, I never know if anything's going to work for me, and likewise, for anyone else - we're all different.

I tried a portable tent sauna at our local health expo, felt great afterwards, told my LLMD, who told me he thought FIR would be the way to go.

So that's why I stuck with it for many months, even though I personally saw no change in my health condition until the 6th month, and then it was sudden, not even gradual, that I could start handling smells and a little bit of material touching.

I think you need to understand what it does, which is get toxins out through the skin. I had to shower off afterwards to not get as I mentioned above - I thought I got a case of poison oak. Not - it was the toxins on my skin.

Sometimes status quo medical establishments are the last to adopt treatments that people on the cutting edge have been doing for awhile - my opinion.

FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, this may be a stupid question... and it may have already been answered (couldn't read thru all the responses)....but...

How does the "BioMat" compare to a "Sunlighten Solo Sauna"

My sauna has a mat that lays on the floor that puts out FIR heat and then the dome itself puts out FIR waves/heat. I sweat my butt off in there for 20-30 mins then shower it off.

Same thing we are talking about, or what??

The Biomat DolphinLady mentioned I looked up and it looks like it uses Amethyst or something. Aside from that... both are doing the same thing?

If it is the same thing, Sunlighten sells "Spungi" towels that really do a good job at soaking up the sweat while you're in there so that you don't reabsorb toxins.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nevermind, I stopped just short of the post that explains the difference.

I still say that FIR saunas can work just as well. Lots of people get good results from "regular" FIR saunas. The investment runs in the same price range, depending on which system you go with as well.

--------------------

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Fyrecracker,

There is a big difference between the Biomat and the Sunlight Solo Sauna (SSS). I looked into both before purchasing and this is what I found.

The SSS is more expensive by several hundred dollars, weighs more, only uses one technology (infrared heat), only penetrates the body 2-3 inches and is not as versatile.

The Biomat combines 3 technologies, infrared heat, amethyst crystals and negative ions. It penetrates 6-8 inches into the body, stimulating healing and regeneration of nerves and muscle tissue layers.

The negative ions accelerate and deepen all healing and cleansing processes. It balances pH by decreasing acidity and activates the body's entire cellular communication system thus supporting the organs and making every body function work better.

The Biomat helped me and others achieve remission. It is recommended by LLMDs. The SSS has never, to my knowledge, been given this kind of credit.

The Biomat is significantly more versatile. It can be used at a low/no heat setting and be slept on all night every night for a calm, deep, refreshing sleep. It can be used at higher temperatures for detoxification. The Biomat can be used on a flat surface or placed on a recliner.

In short, the Biomat does lots more and costs less.

Wishing you good health,
DL

FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

LLMD's and LLND's also recommend "plain" FIR saunas.

The Biomat Single is the same cost as SSS. The Queen and King is more.

Does the Biomat do more? Maybe it does. I'm not a scientist.

But there is no denying the benefits of "plain" FIR saunas, such as the SSS.

I've spoken to a lot of lyme patients that have gone into remission from using the sauna at the gym, and we all know that is far less effective than a FIR sauna.

I'm not knocking the Biomat at all, I have yet to use one. I'm even interested. But keep in mind, some people can be sensitive to the fact someone on a lyme forum said their sauna isn't as good, when in fact a FIR sauna has a huge amount of benefit that can definitely help them get into remission, just like the Biomat has done for some.

--------------------

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Fyrecracker,

I didn't say FIR saunas didn't help. But you asked what the difference was between the SSS and the Biomat. As I said, I researched the two before purchasing and even tried them out.

The Biomat combines 3 technologies while the SSS only has 1. The 3 technologies do more. The professional and mini size Biomats are much less expensive and more versatile than the SSS. Yes, the larger sizes are more expensive regardless of which kind.

Also I said that I was not aware of LLMDs/NDs that were recommending the SSS specifically. Also, I have never talked to Lyme patients who've gone into remission from using the sauna at the gym. I'm not saying its not happening; I am saying I've never heard of it. I have heard however of patients getting worse from using public saunas. The reason for this is because as folks sweat out toxins the saunas themselves become toxic unless one person uses it at a time and the sauna is cleaned safely and aired out between uses. Lyme patients may be safer doing detox baths at home.

I think we can all agree that saunas are helpful. I think we can also agree that there are differences such as FIR saunas are better than non FIR saunas and so on. And hopefully if we disagree we can do so peacefully.

Thank you Fyrecracker for your input.

Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

I am getting ready to take the plunge and invest in a biomat. So I wanted to bump this up again. I would love to hear more positive experiences...

But I would also love to hear from those of you that have used it that were less impressed (if there are any out there.)

anyone else have bad experiences? Or anyone feel it was just not worth the investment?

I have so many pain/massage tools that just sit in a closet but this is one I really can't afford to not use(even with a 60 day trial)

So your honest opinions positive or negative are truly appreciated.

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kudzuslipper:
I am getting ready to take the plunge and invest in a biomat. So I wanted to bump this up again. I would love to hear more positive experiences...

But I would also love to hear from those of you that have used it that were less impressed (if there are any out there.)

anyone else have bad experiences? Or anyone feel it was just not worth the investment?

I have so many pain/massage tools that just sit in a closet but this is one I really can't afford to not use(even with a 60 day trial)

So your honest opinions positive or negative are truly appreciated.

Like you I'm also following this thread w/ interest... but I'm just not seeing enough feed backs (good or bad) from folks so I'm still watching and waiting. Hopefully more people will speak up.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jalama
Member # 14600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jalama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DolphinLady, are you a distributor for the Biomat? I don't mean to be rude, but it's really confusing when people are on this site and are selling the products which they are touting as part of their cure or remission. I mean, if that is disclosed up front then that is great, I am all for it. I'm very interested in buying either a biomat or infrared sauna and I'm trying to do some research to find out if it's really worth it. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] (put in the subject line biomat). Thanks!
Posts: 87 | From NorCal | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She has disclosed upfront that if any one is interested, they could feel free to contact her. I believe it's somewhere on this thread or there may be another separate post somewhere.

I used a biomat in 2000 that I purchased off the Net from a rep. I can't say how much it helped in getting me well but I thought it was a great product, helped me sweat and detox and it's a wonderful warm heat for the aches, pains and spasms that lyme causes. I used to sleep with it on the low setting and during the day I'd stay on in for a few hours at high and I would really work up a sweat.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jalama...DolphinLady has mentioned that she is a distributor. I agree that it can be confusing for people. I think if someone is a distributor they should try to limit their input when people are looking for opinions just so that people aren't confused or too swayed by their comments.

I bought a biomat almost 2 years ago and am ashamed to admit that I hadn't gotten a chance to add it into my treatment regiment until about a month ago.

I was being chicken and kept feeling like I wasn't ready to add in anything new. Then I kept forgetting about it. And then our guest room was in use for about 5 months so I didn't have anywhere to set it up.

FINALLY I made up my mind to start using it about a month ago when I was two weeks into a really bad back injury of some sort. I am pretty sure it was/is a herniated disk even though I never had an mri or anything. With the amount of pain and how long it has lasted it had to be something significant like that.

It has been about 6 weeks now and my back is pretty much normal at this point. I still notice it slightly with certain movements but it is mostly back to normal now.

Anyhow...my point was going to be that I do feel like the biomat has been helpful in my back healing. I did feel like each time I used it my back would feel better the next day (I use it before bed).

I also love how relaxed it can make you feel.

At the moment I have only been using it on the lower green settings but I do think it is helpful. So far on the green settings I just notice that it helps with my back and is very relaxing.

Hopefully once I increase to the higher settings I will notice more benefits directly related to the lyme and company.

So far I am happy with it though.

Hope this helps!
Pam :-)

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

My deepest apologies to all for any confusion regarding the Biomat - I will limit my input as suggested by Pam08 to avoid further confusion.

Pam08,
I would be happy to share with you how your Biomat can help in treating Lyme and associated conditions. Since you already have a Biomat, I'm not trying to sell you anything, I'm just offering to help you get the most out of it if you like. My email is [email protected]

Wishing everyone good health,
DL

Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks DolphinLady!

I hope you weren't offended. I just didn't want people to be mislead if they weren't aware that you are a distributor. I do appreciate that you are upfront about it.

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Pam08 and Jalama,

My intention is to be helpful. I may not always get it right so I'm more than open to suggestions on how to best accomplish that.

I thank you both for your feedback.

-D

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jalama:
DolphinLady, are you a distributor for the Biomat? I don't mean to be rude, but it's really confusing when people are on this site and are selling the products which they are touting as part of their cure or remission.

Some of Dolphinlady's posts were removed for this reason. Selling is not allowed on the board.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Hi all, I have started my 60 day trial of my Biomat. I love how it feels when I am on it, but can't say yet if it is making a difference in my pain levels after a treatment. I do know it is rising my core temperature as I am not getting as cold later in the day when just hanging out.

I do have a question though--- Do you guys really build up a sweat? how long do you have to be on it before you sweat? and what kind of sweat are you talking about to be beneficial? A workout or sauna sort of sweat? or just a light glow?

In a little over a week I have built up to an hour on the highest setting with a double quilt over me. after about 40 minutes I have a slight sweat, is this normal? any suggestions on how to build a sweat?

I know that this may be crossing a line for forum rules (moderators feel free to edit) but for anyone considering a Biomat... I went through Dolphin Lady, and I have to say, I could not have purchased from a nicer, more supportive and lovely person. She continues to work with me on how to use it best for lyme. There was no hard sales pitch...And the 60 day trial gave me peace of mind about spending that money.

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Kudzuslipper,

Thank you for your kind words! Folks should know you are a fabulous person yourself - I've enjoyed getting to know you, Cash and Jasper!

Hopefully people will chime in and answer your questions soon.

lifewithlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifewithlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some creepy hippy people I know have 2 of these; I utilized one for several months and it did nothing.
Posts: 588 | From Wallingford, CT USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement