LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Severe back pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Severe back pain
nhlymeguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nhlymeguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone ever have back pain...kind of behind the shoulder blades, feels like maybe in the lungs...it seems more inside my ribs than a muscle issue...I'm not sure if it's anything to do with Lyme or a pulled muscle or something else...just thought I'd see if it's something anyone else has experienced.
Posts: 222 | From NH | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to have a lot of chiropractic work (along with massage and pilates, which works on strength around the spine and flexibility of the spine) in order to correct the imbalances Lyme Disease caused. I don't think any of the three of those would have worked alone.

At this point I've dropped the chiropractic, but kept up the pilates and massage (who's going to give up massage once it's in the budget, right?).

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amodernjune
Member # 32950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amodernjune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am!!! I just started a 6 week round of Zithromax. I have been on it for a week, and it's the only change I've noticed. It feels like I've been soccer punched and bear hugged. Hurts to breath deep sometimes.
Posts: 31 | From texas | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nhlymeguy,

Gallbladder pain is frequently referred to the back of the shoulder area. Something to consider.

Are you being treated for babesia?

It likes both the lungs and the spine in my opinion.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nhlymeguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nhlymeguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on Zith and Mepron for 10 months and just came off of it last week...back pain has started up this morning...maybe it's related?
Posts: 222 | From NH | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am afraid is bart .Bart back pain is bart and babs and you were allredy 10 months in mepron and zithr.

Bart loves the spine.Try oregano oil in your spine.Rub it and take it in ( pills /jelly) orally and see what you feel.

Have your tried artemisin as well.The shoulder pain can be caused by the stones in the liver and the flush is recomended but spine and chest scream babs and bart ( as I still get them even though I know my lyme is not there as I treated it with BIONIC) .

Whn you reduce one infection the other raises its ugly head .try and see if you react to a dosage of artemissin .Take not one but more 3 pills and see where it hurts.

In the mean time try oregano oil or HH capsules again pay attention what you feel (pulse a dosage to test the reaction).

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good advice manybites

I use YL oils (Oregano) and find it makes a huge difference.

manybites,
Do you think oregano hits Bartonella specifically?

I usually rub it on feet, good call on spine - I'll try it.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nhlymeguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30783

my back is still hurting this morning...it's like the spine between the shoulder blades...I was feeling good for so long, now this...I'm also quite dizzy and head pressure with general fatigue...I have to talk with LLMD again, this is no good...I wonder if it's because I stopped the Mepron/Zith or it's a herx from Doxy...or some say maybe it's Bart coming on...so confusing.
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know which infection it is. For a couple of years I could tell I was getting worse when I hurt between shoulder blades and chest got tight or breathing was different...

Way before Lyme was known. So they said Apnia, asthma, allergy or stat of pneumonia etc.

Then I noticed when my Pulmonary doctor put me back on abx ,usually zith/alone or with Doxy. That would be the first area to feel better and my breathing problems went away.

This worked for over 2-3 years .. Then I made the grave mistake of getting some steroid shots for back and hip pain.

Nothing has been the same since.. Any little bits of co-infections all turned into monsters within 8 hours after 4th shot. They were spread out over several months.

My gut said don't do this /my doctors said would help as it had before being so sick....

[cussing] [cussing] [shake] [shake] nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryMouse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryMouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had great luck recently taking magnesium for my back pain. I started taking 250mg each day and it seems like every day it is a little better. I understand you can take up to 500mg a day without getting too much. I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Country Mouse

6/2011 IgX:
IGG: 31 IND, 41+++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 39 IND, 41 IND, 83-93 IND
Band 31 confirmed to be Lyme epitope by Igenex 7/2011

8/2011 IgX: POSITIVE
IGG: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 83-93+

Posts: 169 | From Western Mass | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement