LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Protect Gallbladder WITHOUT actigall?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Protect Gallbladder WITHOUT actigall?
jeffinca11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffinca11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if there are ways to support/protect the gallbaldder without taking actigall.

I took actigall and woke up with a sharp pain in my right flank and the entire right side of my body weak.

The weakness was to the point that I was liteally leaning to the right when I stood up.

I can't continue with Actigall but wanted to know if:

A) Anyone else had experienced weakness with Actigall and if it went away?

B) What other things can I take besides Actigall to protect the gallbladder.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Posts: 165 | From lymeland | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Milk thistle and Oil of Oregano will support the GB. Never tried Actigall so can't help you there.

http://www.skyeherbals.com/materia_medica/milk_thistle.php

Gall Bladder Disease:
Because Milk Thistle is both a demulcent and it stimulates bile flow, it is a natural for treating a wide array of Gall Bladder diseases and Symptoms. Milk Thistle can calm down an inflamed Gall Bladder while at the same time clearing out any stagnation that might be present. When using Milk Thistle to combat Gall Bladder symptoms, it is important to verify that there are no Gall Stones present which would be too large for the gall bladder to pass. The only way that this can be known is to visit your local physician and get a clearance from them to proceed.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff the other RX is Ursodial...I took that before I got rid of my GB and had NO side effects other than it worked...It is the same as Actigal but the studies say much less side effects....And if I don't have any reaction believe me there is no problem...LOL
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeffinca11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffinca11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I'm taking milk thistle now and alpha lipoic acid.

Are their any foods or other supplements that help?

Posts: 165 | From lymeland | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sk8ter:
Jeff the other RX is Ursodial...I took that before I got rid of my GB and had NO side effects other than it worked...It is the same as Actigal but the studies say much less side effects....And if I don't have any reaction believe me there is no problem...LOL

-
Urosdial is simply the generic of Actigall. I'm amazed you found any difference, Skater!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a lot of difference no side effects... [Smile]
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kramberry
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kramberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sk8ter but it didint work as it would because you lost your GB

In the end?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 215 | From California | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie C
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gallbladder PAIN has to be one of the worst. Especially when it feels like you've a branding iron going thru your R. Shoulder. All the tests ugh poss. My Dr called me at 8pm
That time of day to give me my results is never good news.

He said and I Quote "Your Gallbladder is Bad and It Must come out"!!! I said without thinking of a better way to say and I quote "No It Doesn't " I apologized saying I'm
very sry. Im glad you phoned to tell me. I will make an appt.
On Mon.

2 days B4 he phoned I had started A gallbladder cleanse. This was 4+ years ago. And I have my gallbladder and all is well for me. I do watch my in take of fried foods and usually
I'm ok.

This is not advice. It's my experience of keeping my gallbladder intact. It's functions are many. As it is adhered to the underside of the liver. I'm glad I have it bc it's my body's way of alarming me. Back Off Of The Fat, and I do.

Again do not use this w/o your research. Hope of better days ahead.

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter takes Health Concerns gb6. Here is some info. She takes 3 pills twice day. Hoping it dissolves her stones. I have heard that some have success with this.

Health Concerns
GB-6
Therapeutic Actions
1. Relieve pathogenic elements that contibute to acute gallbladder colic (cholecystalgia) and helps disso;ve gall stones (cholelithiasis).

Chinese Therapeutic Effects
Clear Stagnant liver qi

Administration
Internal: 3 tablets TID between meals, 90 tablets 750 mg 10 day supply, Contraindication: Pregnancy

Chinese Herbs
Curcuma tuber (yu jin), Corydalus rhizome (yan hu suo), Taraxacum herb (pu gong yin), Melia fruit (chuan lian zi), Ji Nei Jin (ji nei jin), Salvia root (dan shen)

Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement