LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » what is up with my skin?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what is up with my skin?
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have little bumps all over my face it looks like sandpaper. I also have cystic type of sores mixed in.

I am also broken out on my neck chest and back.

I am on Alinia. I took a couple of doses of allicin the last two days. Also tried a coffee enema.

What is this? Anyone have suggestions it is really bad!

Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be a detox reaction, herx, or allergic reaction. I'd suggest talking to your doctor about this.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I will email her.

I have taken alinia before so I am not sure.

I have never done the allicinn or coffee enema before so who knows!

I just took a shower and it is getting worse.

They are like acne sores so it does not seem like an allergy type of rash.

Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be parasites coming out through the skin...Alinia is also a parasitic.
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you taking DHEA or testosterone? That can cause cystic acne. Or if your DHEA or testosterone levels are too high naturally, that can happen. Adrenal insufficiency can contribute, too. All of these need to be tested and addressed as needed.

Do lots of coffee enemas! That would help a lot.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viva
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for viva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree that it may be a detox reaction. My husband gets that sandpapery skin when he has started accumulating toxins, and needs a sauna or epsom salt bath.

Are you taking chlorella, or anything else to help flush out the toxins that get released?

For immediate relief, you could try a topical like Artemisinin gel to see if that calms it down.

In any case, do contact your LLMD!

Posts: 532 | From southeast US | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

I am doing IV glutithione and meyers cocktails once a week.

Starting coffee enemas.

Have been using detox baths for awhile.

I would really like to use chlorella to help bind up the toxins but don't know how to and when to take it.

I have done research on it but my lyme brain can't seen to figure it out.

I am taking colostrum and probiotics three times
a day on an empty stomach followed by betaine HCL during meals, digestive enzymes, then a very heavy duty multi vit with each meal.

Plus whatever prescription I may be on. I am currently treating parasites with a 34 day course of meds.

So when and how would I take the chlorella so it doesn't bind to my good stuff? Any help would be appreciated.

My DHEA and testosterone are normal. But I did have that happen when I was on DHEA earlier on in tx, so good thought!

Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

sk8ter Dead parasites right?!

Viva what does the Artemisinin gel do and where do you get it?

viva
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for viva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spinkleshanks,

My husband has used the art gel for relief of itching. It's made by Allergy Research Group, aka Nutricology.

Just checked, and you can order it from Amazon (shipped by Vitamin Shoppe). I've ordered it from the Organic Pharmacy:
http://organicpharmacy.org/

I love their customer service. Occasionally it is out of stock, but they always let you know promptly and give you the option to wait it out or cancel your order.

Hope this helps!

Posts: 532 | From southeast US | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement