LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cranial Osteopathic manipulation / release. Just had it done.. Interesting results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cranial Osteopathic manipulation / release. Just had it done.. Interesting results
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to report on my experience from this morning. This is far out there as many say Cranial bones are set and can't be manipulated..yada yada yada

Well, two very well known Cardiologists recommended an Osteopath, who had a 2 mos. waiting period for new patients and you guessed it, cash only.

Being a distance away, I spent the night in a Motel in DE and had a 9:45am appt. On exam, the Dr. was quick to identify a flat spot on my forehead, abnormalities in the spine, etc. that he says were keeping my Spinal Fluid from moving freely, thus my brain is not able to float freely as it should and something about my Hypothalmus not being able to work properly.

So, I laid on the table in a dim room with soft music as the Dr. had me lay on my back and he poked his fingers in all different areas on my spine from the coccyx all the way up to the cranium. As he did his work, he told me this was out, that was out, etc. He said the coccyx bone was out too. I really didn't feel much as far as what he was "doing", but at the end of the 30 or more minutes he was working on me, I have to say:

I do feel some relief. My color in my face is much better then it has been. My right eye isn't drooping as bad, my CNS is not going as crazy as it normally is. I'm referring to the Sympathetic overdrive that I get. The pressure and pains in my head arn't bad at all. I'm more fatigued then anything. Dr. said I might have a "healing crisis", which I assume is a Herx reaction, but so far, so good.

I def. noticed something with this and f/u appts are $160 and I will be going back, but to a different Dr. he trained under himself, which I found out, is closer to where I live. So, I have to start over with the $250 new patient visit, but the 2 Cardiologists that referred me to the Dr. I saw, swear by his magical work. They tell me he is better then any pill they can give for POTS, Dysautonomia, etc.

I have a new Rife machine coming this week and working with someone 1:1 with my Rife therapy, so I will be sure to update you all on both therapies.

Curious if anyone else has had this done.

Gary

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you please PM me the name of the new person who is closer to you? Thanks!!

Glad to hear this may be helping you!

--------------------
Garden

"Fibromylagia" for 8+ years
Pos IgeneX WB per both Igenex and CDC
Pos Neuroscience MyLymeImmuneID
Started tx for Lyme in March 2011

Posts: 245 | From East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Lymetwister,

Glad to hear you are getting some relief. Sounds like he is trained in the Upledger technique or something similar.

Rather than pay out of pocket, some D.O.s or D.C.s are covered under insurance. Search your options at the Upledger site and you may find someone on your insurance plan.
--------

Garden,

If that person does not work out for you, you might find others who will in the BODY WORK posts here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor), etc.

Links to many articles and books by holistic-minded LL doctors of various degrees. . . .

Since sudden quick twists of the neck are to be avoided by lyme patients, there are links to techniques that are much more gentle but also effective:

BODY WORK links with safety tailored to lyme patients - links to UPLEDGER, FELDENKRAIS, etc.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard1062
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard1062     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymetwister,

Not far out at all. Cranial bones are NOT fused, that is a myth, they move. In good health, they move freely and rhythmically.

Any health care provider with a license for hands-on can learn how to do it. In my little corner of the country, these techniques are well known, and practiced by physical therapists and massage therapists (craniosacral therapy) as well as osteopaths.

So glad it helps you.

Posts: 228 | From Mass. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,

So happy to hear of your good experience. I've always been interested in this but never had a good lead on a good practitioner. Could you please PM me his info, and the other doc he trained as well?

Hope you are doing better. (btw - you are often in my prayers.... we don't even know each other very well, but for some reason I pray for you. Hope it helps!!! [Smile]

Best to you.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary, congrats for your first cranio sacral treatment!

dr. K. said recently that cranio sacral is among one of the treatments that still work.

In his opinion, with lyme disease today being worse and worse, abx doesn't work anymore like before it did, classical homeopathy neither.

But cranio sacral, prolotherapy and if my memory is good, osteopathy, are still good help for lyme!

I never did it. My daughter was a crying baby and only later I read about many people swearing that cranio sacral made their crying babies stop crying!!! Had I known that....

How many times do you think you should be doing that (like once a month for 6 months, a year...?).

Thanks for sharing! And congrats!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticksickfamily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticksickfamily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to research Dr Perrin's hypothesis( he is a UK osteopath) on chronic fatigue type symptoms and restricted flow of toxins from the brain

http://www.theperrinclinic.com/

Also, a video explaining more with patient testimonies and an interview with a UK LLMD.

http://www.forme-cfs.co.uk/perrin_technique.html

We are using a cranial osteopath to help with one of my sons as he goes through Lyme treatment and it seems to be having a positive effect- his energy is improved but he usually feels dreadful after having the osteopathic work done for a couple of days, then he improves. It takes a while to have a good response though- we have been having appointments for about 12 weeks- initially weekly, then every 2 weeks and now monthly. He is on herbals/ supplements from his LLMD too plus homeopathics from a homeopath.

Posts: 174 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband has been getting cranial sacral therapy for about 2 years now.

At first he herxed after each treatment. He still does but not as much as at first.

He can tell its time for another treatment - Its amazing how doing what seems like such a small thing can create such a big herx! And how much better he feels afterwards.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Gary,

Are you still feeling after-effects from your treatment?

MannaMe - I guess it seems like this is something that needs ongoing treatments. I don't know why, but I was thinking (hoping) that a few treatments would correct the things that were out of alignment and things would stay corrected. I guess not??

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
A note about getting cranial-sacral therapy or similar treatments.

For a full 24 hours afterward, drink lots of water and also DO NOT over-exert your skeleton. The treatment has to have time to "take" - and you don't want to go pulling and stretching against that. Easy does it.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy,
For people who are in general good health - it seems they don't need as many treatments.

Those that are dealing with issues have a harder time "holding" their treatment.

Keebler, I agree! Drink lots of water and take it easy!

My sis-in-law went for the training to do cranial sacral therapy. She asked if she can work on our family as part of her training. She's doing really good!

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement