LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What is this point of all these antibiotics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is this point of all these antibiotics?
BackinStOlaf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am entering my 7th month of Bicillin in addition to other stuff I'm taking. From everything I read, abx doesnt really cure anything. It makes me so frustrated, Like I am wasting my time, money and going thru all this pain of the shots for nothing.

I've been in treatment for 2 years and dont see much change. I see a well known LLMD in NY. Losing hope fast..

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several people I have talked with who have been in long term treatment say that at the three year mark they could see a remarkable difference.

Yes, that's THREE YEARS. Jordan on UOS said the same thing. Don't give up. It will get better.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Dr K., treating parasites with antiparasitics FIRST and Lyme SECOND is KEY in getting rid of this disease. Doing a search for symptoms of parasites would be a good idea.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is Jordan and what is UOS?

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Backinstolaf, I think they are talking about Jordan on the moive (�Under Our Skin�) (UOS).

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be that patient, wait 3 years to see improvements?!

And what if you DON'T see improvements after 3 years? Wait one more? How many more?

In my view, I would NEVER wait more than a MONTH in the same treatment to see improvements. Even 2 weeks seeing no improvement sounds too much.

Either a herx, a bit of improvement, something. But nothing, how can someone go on!!?

When you get CLOSE to full remission, waiting a month to see improvement may be too little. I agree.

But when you get active full blown symptoms, there MUST be some improvement happening, slowly, within a month. At least for me, it happened even EVERY day. Some days worse, some better, but the general curve was getting usually better. If not, I changed strategies. But not after 2 years, but after 2 weeks!!!

No change = no good, in my view. Whatever changes , as infections change, some go to background, others show up, toxins change, like peeling the onion, this is fine, but no change = no improvement in my opinion.

Just suppose it is NOT the good path. How can you have waited 3 full years to change strategy??

I don't think I would have survived 3 years of trial. So I didn't have that time for trial and error. There was a time I was counting the days.

And I still kept been bitten by ticks on and off(still am).

If a person catches FSME (tick born encephalitis), the person has 2 to 3 weeks to solve the infection: or it can go very very bad. 3 years is NOT the time to wait! Not even 3 weeks as the damage is usually already done after 3 weeks. It is hours and days.

People suffering from serious babesiosis, tuberculosis (together with lyme), nope, 3 years can kill people...

This just my view. I guess only when you are not too bad from the disease, you still can think of treatments in terms of years, not weeks or months.

But not everyone can have the luxury to do that.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get some breathing issues at different times and various symptoms.....depends on what's working. Even same ABX but a cycle type thing..

Brussels , do live in the middle of a forrest or something??? All these tick bites.

I have a place, that I could use in open area, but in mountains . One I've been to weak and all the rest to go there by myself since steroids shots made thing's so much worse.

BUT ,now I'm concerned about the brush, deer, mice, which I hated anyway, and whatever crawls around. So this lovely , place just sits there..waiting for me to visit.

I hope I have a positive turn soon cause it's only three hours away... My triplet grand=daughters are @ 24 hour of air travel or more..

This is brought up because they are my JOY type thing's and I've changed treatment 3 times since Aug.... [Razz]

To just get to the point of doing one thing , like go to store, little own both of these..

.I would or will ask for a change if I don't feel some positive ,even if minor , healthy signs.

Maybe it's just the little thing's being missed by BackinStOlaf,. Like my knee's don't hurt every day, or my cough is not as often, etc.
I've had to be reminded of that several times here and with LLMD.

CAUSE I WANT the BIG picture FIXED !!!!!!

BUT,,no changes, no way.... [shake] ..

Brussels ,I still worry about all you and your daughter's bites. You must really love the place. [spinning smile]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that's a good idea to "wait & see" if 3 years of abx will work.

They are discovering alot about the human biome these days. There's a big risk in damaging the internal bacteria balance in taking abx for so long. Especially, since we really don't know 100% if they work or if we even have Lyme. It might be some other pathogen causing the health problems... I also agree with Gael.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too feel a 3 year period is insane to test the waters. I could be way wrong, but what a terribly long commitment mentally and financially on a theory a LLMD has, especially with negative test results! Keebler has made many posts concerning Bb's 6 month life cycle I believe. Usually if it takes THREE YEARS to see anything, you're broke and mentally toasted. What's the point? [Frown]

Now that said, if one didn't do a serious Dr B type protocol (i.e., aggressive therapy), then 3 years of crap treatment (monotherapy) may be time wasted and not indicative of what may happen if one did what they should have. It seems doing the 'right' thing is more crucial to determining the proper path then time alone. That's the determining factor whether one can sleep at night knowing they tried IMO.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement