LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » p23

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: p23
lyme gurl MI
Member # 36053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme gurl MI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else only tested positive for 1 band on the lyme disease test? I tested positive for p23 and no other band and I tested positive for ehrlicia. Just wondering if anyone else had a positive diagnosis for Lyme with only 1 band testing positive and feeling like Hell day in and day out! [Frown] I guess I am second guessing what is really going on here! [Frown] I would think more bands would be positive for the amount of illness I feel! Also the most recent tests I have had are coming up negative and I feel like I got hit by a bus! Idk what to do I guess I am glad I found this page looks like alot of people on here are going through what I am. Just wondering if anyone else had the same kind of test results and felt sooo sick?!
Posts: 12 | From Michigan | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the sickest people have negative western blots.

Band 23 is Lyme specific. Only lyme can cause it.

Ehrlichiosis can be deadly if left untreated. So I hope you are on a healthy dose of doxycycline.

Welcome!

Quick Links to Popular topics:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/88555

--

Lyme controversy
http://www.kettmann.com/Lyme/Save/

Then, click on "Here"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVPRWiukp_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yk0C-uX9cU

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme gurl MI
Member # 36053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme gurl MI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for Your reply...

yes I am very ill still. I only had 1 month of picc line antibiotics and that didn't do squat for me.

Thanks for sending me the links I will check them out:)

Posts: 12 | From Michigan | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickofsick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofsick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes - exact results positive band 23. I understand your feelings of doubting the diagnosis. I have felt the same way. Even retested to try to get stronger results. I guess too sick to produce enough antibodies.

That band is specific to Lyme.

Posts: 312 | From Utah | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme gurl MI
Member # 36053

yea something like that.. I have been through the ringer with this disease:( I tested positive for Ehrlica, Mycoplasma, HHV 6 as well:( Not in a good state right now.... I was just wondering if anyone else had the same results as me and you do:) And it is always Igm never Igg that shows up..Idk I have been reading alot of stories on here! Seems like alot of people are in my hell and it is not a fun place to be! [Frown]
lmedler
Member # 32429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lmedler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also only tested positive on IgM 23 and felt just awful! I also wondered if it was a "true" positive but through research and talking to a LLMD, it IS a lyme specific band.

I hope you start to get some relief. I know this disease is horrible and turns your whole life upside down.

Posts: 53 | From IL | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme gurl MI
Member # 36053

yea it sure has turned my life upside down! [Frown] best of luck to you too! [Smile]
Lunaangel
Member # 33576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lunaangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am with you, and very ill as well....2 years-
Continued positive Elisas...and, I can't get the bands from my last WB after a positive Elisa! I am sending out for Igenex next week.
Utterly exhausted and hanging on by a thread. Not enough money for llmd w/o insurance. Best to you!!!

Posts: 61 | From NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luna.. If you have a positive ELISA, then you have Lyme. No doubt in my mind.

If all else fails, get doxy on your own and treat.

Do you need a list for NC?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Lunaangel:
..and, I can't get the bands from my last WB after a positive Elisa!

-
What do you mean?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lunaangel
Member # 33576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lunaangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo-

This is what I am thinking/knowing too-
I have almost every symptom and I may very well have to leave my job next week. My functioning is almost nil... (again)

Re: bands- "It's NEGATIVE"
They are giving me the runaround- lab telling nurses that I don't need it- telling Dr. same thing...everyone pretending that they don't understand-very strange- they are "trying" again on Monday-I explained everything in detail to Dr.- he truly acted like he didn't have a clue- (cdc, former positive elisas, band 23, that I need the labwork/I paid for it, etc...) I can only afford the basic from Igenex-hope it's not too late to get helpful positives...they also sent my ebv to special lab due to tech diff. got that back finally/current or former exposure- myco shows former exposure- still waiting on Erlichia- long wait too....sorry so choppy- utterly fatigued

Posts: 61 | From NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathias
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Former exposure is nonsense....

If you have IgG reactivity to mycoplasma you could still have it. PCR it the only way to know for sure.

Mycoplasma infections can be chronic and in my case affected my immune system so badly that I did not test positive for lyme until extended treatment for mycoplasma was completed. Only then, did bands start to show up.

--------------------
Mathias

Posts: 1242 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lunaangel
Member # 33576

Thanks again Mathias.....
Onward for treatment- getting doxy and hope Igenex shows something....;(

Lymetoo
Member # 743

All you need from Igenex is Test #188 and 189. Did you already order the kit or get the test done?

Keep pushing!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lunaangel
Member # 33576

Yes, have kit, drawing and sending tomorrow-
Thank you so much-
P...U....S....H.....inggggggg

[Wink]

panicphreak82
Member # 36403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panicphreak82     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sent you a message
Posts: 77 | From Denver | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panicphreak82
Member # 36403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panicphreak82     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sent you a message
Posts: 77 | From Denver | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement