LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How much lithium oratate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How much lithium oratate
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My llmd prescribed. He put 20 mg but they're in 5 mg capsules in the am. Do you start with 4 capsules at one time. Will ask him but only took 10 not knowing. Thanks.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not sure ,,but any input on how it is to help you or has helped others...WOULD BE GREAT...I tried a couple days and backed off...

was hoping for help with the tingling/anxious feeling...

Had been suggested a year ago and I bought it , but need to know more and ask

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ones I got from my dr. are I think 120mg and on the bottle it says you can take 2/day. I have noticed that since starting it last week, I don't have as high anxiety, but who knows what I can attribute it too because I also started malarone and flagyl... so I don't really know...

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
call you doc's office and ask - there was something odd about the label mg dosage & the actual intake mg dosage with lithium orotate, but I cannot remember what it is right now ~ that was for the bottles that say 120 mg sold on the internet, you may have something else if provided by your doc
Posts: 424 | From Connecticut, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
L. Orotate - replaces deficiency, protects nerves, 20-180 mg per day.

L. Carbonate - replaces deficiency, protects nerves, 150-300 mg per day. PRESCRIPTION only.

L. Aspartate - replaces deficiency, protects nerves, 20-180 mg per day.

This is what Dr. K. uses, but it is individualized for each patient. Not one size fits all. Best to consult your doctor.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bottles says 5 mg and he put 20 mg. I took 10 today to start, staying on that. Also added doxy to my zithromax and iv rocephin. I might as well be in oz.

--------------------

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cocowyo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocowyo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take 20mg in the evening, with food.

--------------------
Clinical dx/muscle tests
+ CBS upregulation, parasites, babs
- bart, KPU, yeast, mold

Blood tests
MCTD (autoimmune): +RNP
MTHFR - homozygous C677T
CD57 - 192

Diet - modified paleo

Posts: 125 | From Rocky Mountains, USA | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How isa it helping ..I tried two times and can't tell

Does it relax you . does it take weeks to work

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

I got off. I added too many things at once. Going to llnd Tuesday to see what she says. [Frown]

--------------------

Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would appreciate if you'd let us know what your llmd says for amount per day and when to take it.

I recently started lithium orotate and am taking just 1 table a day (5 mg) as it says on the bottle and don't feel anything yet.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bottle says each pill is 120mg and most of you are talking about much lower doses...I'm confused.

--------------------

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

He told me 20 mgs. The bottle he sold me were 5 mgs each. I did hold off. Am a mess by adding supplements, I have to learn to do one thing at a time.

--------------------

susieq2
Member # 30451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susieq2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
120 mg of lithium orotate provides 5mg of elemental lithium. The dose ranges that the doctors are recommending refers to the elemental lithium.
Posts: 59 | From Seattle WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

aha, thanks!

--------------------

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take lithium orotate 3 times a day. Each pill is 5 mg and I take before meals. I would not recommend taking all 3 together.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thehause
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thehause     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
125 mg of lithium orotate (5mg of elemental lithium) 2 times a day.

Lithium is shown to increase the amount of grey matter in the brain - which could help some of us with neuro issues.

Posts: 372 | From west of the mississitty | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement