LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » For those on Ivermectin - How are you doing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For those on Ivermectin - How are you doing?
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItsMyTurn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to start Ivermectin tonight. I am a little nervous.

Can anyone share their experience? Did you ramp up slowly?

How long did you stay on it? How are you feeling?

Thanks!

Posts: 182 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on it two months - only taking it every three days . It was rough at first ! However , at this point I FEEL BETTER . Actually my lyme and babs symptoms seem less intense . Time will tell, but I breathe better and seem to have less fluish feeling and less intense misery in the morning . I do not know if it will last , but this is today's summary. I plan to stay on it for several more months , three days a week.

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItsMyTurn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Annxyzz,

I took a small dose (paste) last night. I feel tired this morning (like a hangover). Thought I would start slowly.

Do you take anything to help flush out colon?

Posts: 182 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeLogged
Member # 36494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLogged         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on a small dose, every other day for 4 days. It seems to affect me most, the day after I take it.

I'm having some joint and muscle pain, and lot's of fatigue. Other than that, I'm having hunger pains that I haven't had in years. Last night I was ravenous.

Anyone else having those symptoms? I'm assuming it's a die off of some kind, but I'd love to hear from someone else who's experienced the same.

Posts: 74 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first day I took 12mg 4x a day and the result was a lot of gas with diarrhea the next day. I stayed on the same dose and am on day three. Same symptoms but less of everything. Now my stool is loose rather than diarrhea. Also took 1000mg pyrantel at night which results in my skin itching for awhile.

I'm hoping that things must be getting killed to give me the reactions to ivermectin.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Dull headache today but overall I feel fine but only day 1. Plus I only took a smidgen of the paste.

Its funny tho, I have been having a crawling sensation at base of neck on and off for a year but today it seems more active.

May try a little higher dose tonight. Instead of dose for 50 lbs maybe try 75 lbs. Plus a dose of salt/c.

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am feeling good. I take 1 pill every other day. I also feel the effects 24 hours later rather than immediatly.

My worst symptom is poor cognitive function. It's gotten better but still have a long ways to go. I also have a crawling sensation at the crowm of my head. My theroy is that when the crawling sensation is gone all of my other symptoms will be gone.

Its my turn - let me know if the crawling sensation gets better over time.

I also have a break out of pimples/bumps all over my torso front and back.

It's interesting that the filarial infection that I believe I have resides in the subcutaneous tissue near the boney areas - knees, ribs, scull etc. All of the bumps are where my ribs are.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Wow. Pimples. Haven't had any in a while but chin is breaking out. Parasites?

Haley- will keep you posted.

LymeLogged
Member # 36494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLogged         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haley, that's interesting. Last night my right elbow was killing me. I thought perhaps I strained a tendon. The pain was right below my elbow. This morning, the pain was completely gone. But I have a pain in my quad.

I used to have those crawly sensations, but they went away about a year ago with Lyme treatment. I hadn't treated for parasites yet.

I did do a few months of BWF's A-P last year and had the pimples you speak of. I had them on my hands, arms, backs of legs and scalp.

Posts: 74 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you all test positive for parasites on a stool test or did your llmd prescribe Ivermectin because you are not fully recovering and it's a logical next step?

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeLogged
Member # 36494

I tested positive for an unknown protazoa through a stool pathogen test.
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it sounds so wierd to me to hear "paste"

brings back memories of the horse farm and de-worming horses every 4-6 months.

it kinda scares me...but i am following this thread and hope success for all

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is everyone getting the paste? Thanks [Smile]
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess at agway or the blueseal store...where ever they sell horse grain and stuff...or online catalog

[ 03-16-2012, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm on a small dose, every other day for 4 days. It seems to affect me most, the day after I take it.

I'm having some joint and muscle pain, and lot's of fatigue. Other than that, I'm having hunger pains that I haven't had in years. Last night I was ravenous."

Funny you mentioned "ravenous". Last night, my daughter could not get enough to eat. In fact, she woke up at 2am and HAD to have a bowl of cereal.

My daughter is rapid cycling. She will feel great one hour, totally wiped out the next.

Right now, you can tell there is a die off and histimine reaction. Her body is all puffy and squishy. She took some children't benedryl to help that.

To someone who had itching. That is what causes it. When the toxins are released, your body produces histimines because it is allergic to the toxins.

My daughter has taken months to work up to 1 and 1/2 pill every other day. She is trying to function to finish school.

The pimples...if they are on your chin, it is probably overflow from the lymph glands underneath. My daughter's lymph glands really blow up when she increases her dosage. Then, her face breaks out horribly. She is also on Amnesteen for her face. It got THAT bad.

When she graduates in May, she is going to push to get up to three pills every day or every other day.

She had stool cultures and no parasites, protozoa, flukes, eggs, worms, etc. showed up.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelmo,

I can't really remember what other treatment your daughter had for babesia before the ivermectin? Yes, I know FL1953 is not exactly the same as babesia but it does seem like babs meds should have done something to lower the load.

It just seems strange to me that your daughter is having such a hard time with the ivermectin. Hubby was able to ramp up quickly -- within a week or two to the full dose of 9 mg (3 days on and 4 days off cycles) and then his LLMD told him to double the dose since he felt it was helping. We did that for 2 3 day cycles only.

Hubby has now been off all antibiotics, antimalarials, antiparasitics and killing herbs for 3 weeks after over 3 years of continuous meds. So far no major crash which has amazed us both.

He was running a slight fever tonight which may mean something is starting to come back. And his bloodwork is slipping slightly (low RBC and low WBC) but it really does seem like the combo of sida acuta plus ivermectin on top of his other meds seems to have really made a tremendous difference.

Last summer his major babs symptoms of increased nausea/dry heaves, increased dizzyness and Parkinsonian tremors and dystonia all started coming back within 24 hours of stopping just the babs meds -- tried 3 different times.

We really think it was the combo which did the trick although hubby did start with the ivermectin for a couple of weeks by itself before adding in the sida acuta.

If she is not taking these supplements then I think your daughter could benefit from redroot tincture for lymph drainage and also wobenzyme to clear out cellular debris and lumbrokinase to help with hypercoagulation.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Good morning! I got the paste from local seed store for $7.00. Took 2nd dose last night. Started feeling naseaus before bed and bloating.

This morning I feel tired and my muscles ache, plus a dull headache. Feels like my leg muscles want to cramp up.

Still crawling sensation and my neck keeps popping when I move my head around. Sounds like it is going to pop off.

No testing for parasites. Discussed ivermectin treatment for hubby with LLMD and she was supportive. However, he is skiddish about trying different treatments, so I am going first.

I hope the bloating doesn't last because I am trying to lose weight. No sugar, starch - nothing white.

Anyone have ideas for flushing these bugs out as they die? I am drinking lots of water.

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since 1996 , I have felt intensely fluish EVERY morning . This has been HELL.After 2 months of ivermectin , my mornings are FAR IMPROVED !!

I hope this lasts, but nothing has ever helped me with the morning fluishness.

I am still taking GSE and artemesia annua , and am going to start sida acuta .

I firmly believe that ivermectin has helped me . I will continue posting .

Also, I have researched and it looks like iver has been used in other countries for babesia - middle East and South America. Also used in S America for lyme.

You can get ivermectin at Tractor Supply or at Amazon . I buy the horse paste by Durvet apple flavored . It is cheapest and one tube is about five doses .

I think it is safe if you do not take it EVERY day endlessly without a break .

Will keep you posted, but for now, I am feeling better .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeLogged
Member # 36494

That's great news Ann. Keep us updated?
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb133     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter tested positive for FL 1953 last Nov. She had already been on Malarone/Zith and Liposomal Artemisinin.

LLMD added Ivermectin, Boluoke and Enzalase to treat FL 1953.

She has been symptom free since Jan 23 except for 4 iffy days end of Feb and then right back to 0 symptoms.

While we are waiting for the other shoe to drop we remain hopeful as this is the best she has felt in 3 years.

Her Ivermectin dosage is 1 every other day. She never had a big die off or felt anything other than great. Sooooo IDK whats going on but we are sure happy and remain cautiously optimistic.

Debg

Posts: 499 | From Malta, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Also , I have NO TWITCHES NOW AT ALL.

--------------------
annxyzz

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just asked my doc for a script.

For those who want to order the human med online, this Canadian pharmacy does not require a prescription:

http://drugdepots.com/products/antibiotics/stromectol/order/

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Boxermom. That is really good to know. I was wondering what I would do when my script runs out as my insurance said they will not cover it next time.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

The Vet ivermectin ( horse by Durvet ) is SO cheap. A $4 tube gives 4-6 doses ! Extremely cheap and the apple flavor goes down easy with some juice to chase it . I have had no problems and my doc ( not a llmd ) knows I have taken it for a scabies infection I got at a hotel on vacation. ( She said :"smart trick" .)

--------------------
annxyzz

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not bashing the vet meds at all. Just offering more options.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2young2dieMom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2young2dieMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on ivermectin for a few months now, one pill a day. It doesn't seem to be doing much. I was on doryx for 40 days and I started having trouble breathing. I got scared and stopped the doryx since I have an ALS dx and the diaphram is the muscle to watch.

I tested positive for fl1953 at Fry labs. Nothing else has shown up on any other lab test.

--------------------
Dxd ALS 3/2010
Dxd cllinical Lyme 4/2010
Positive for Protomyxzoa but absolutely nothing else in Igenex

Posts: 417 | From central ct | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea...my daughter did mepron years ago. It hit her hard, but didn't do anything for her, as far as we could tell.

We have lumbrokinase Bolouke. It hit her very hard neurologically. As she is trying to finish school, she can't afford to have her brain scrambled right now.

I guess that's why we are taking it as easy as we can. She has to still function.

The ivermectin hits her very hard then lets up as she increases dosage. She has not reached what the doc say is the theraputic dose yet.

What we are finding is a rapid cycle herx. She can feel almost normal, and get a hint of what life could be like, only to be slammed with all over body pain the next. This all happens throughout a 24 hour period.

I'm not sure why you think this is all weird and wrong. After all these years, we know that the disease affects everyone differently, as does the treatment. Your comment made me feel we were doing something wrong.

However, I have never seen this kind of reaction to a medication on my daughter. There is a definite histimine reaction, as would be consistant with a toxic die off. Everything that is happening to her is what Dr. F was looking for.

Also...it is thought that my daughter was probably infected by a mosquito on a lake when she was 18 months old. As she grew, the organism embedded itself in her developing tissues. This bug is rooted in the very fiber of her body.

Will try the redroot. She is taking enzymes and drinks an enzyme concoction that helps keep her liver and kidneys processing.

Bea....she has also been through an EXTREMELY traumatic year that involved teacher abuse from multiple teachers, lawsuit, car accident, among other things. She has had to deal with severe acne and is now on accutane. She is 24 and has never held a job or been on a date. This has been a haaaaaard year.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelmo,

I am sorry I didn't mean to upset you.

I was just surprised that your daughter was having such a severe reaction to the low dose of ivermectin when it seems like everyone else is tolerating it easier.

If it is a histamine reaction then the supplement quercetin might be helpful or extra vitamin c.

Has Dr F said anything to you about how fast the FL1953 organism reproduces? Maybe that plays into the reaction somehow.

If it was me I would probably try a different dosing schedule. Instead of every day or every other day maybe try 3 or 4 days in a row like hubby is doing and then 3 or 4 days off.

I know it is hard to know whether to treat aggressively or not. After so many years of treatment hubby is pretty much at the point where he is willing to try anything as long as there is method to the madness.

Our LLMD was supposed to call the F lab before hubby's next appointment and then we will decide whether or not to do any of the tests for FL1953. Our appointment is next week.

But since hubby has still not had a major crash we are not sure if it makes sense to spend thousands of dollars on more tests at this point.

So sorry your daughter has had such a rough year. Being sick is more than enough to deal with without all of the other stressors.

What I was wondering and should have said is that maybe the low dose of meds is bacteriostatic and not bacteriocidal. All I know from hubby's experiences is that if there is a herx reaction then at least the med is doing somethiing. The fact that your daughter has some good times clearly seems to indicate that the med is beneficial. I would just keep plugging away and work on getting to a higher dose.

There have been a few times in the past where hubby quickly felt better on higher doses of meds after feeling bad initially on lower doses. I think that is what happens when you cross the line from being bacteriostatic to bacteriocidal. If a med is at a high enough dose to be bacteriocidal then once you get over the hump you should generally just slowly start feeling better and better.

Take care.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Third dose and the only time I feel really bad is in the morning. Like a hangover. I'm wondering if I am not take a large enough dose but I don't want take too much.

Still have the crawling sensation in back of neck.

Am I not giving it enough time? Also, I am constipated. Started taking C.

kelmo
Member # 8797

Bea. IN fact, I had not seen her this morning. I just got home, and it's just after noon. She had a BAAAAAD night before she went to bed last night. In a LOT of pain..spine mostly.

Today...doing pretty well. She just got in the car to run an errand for me.

So...gosh...it's such a roller coaster.

She takes children's benedryl for the histimine reaction. She takes Mucinex to help drain the lymph glands. Those two things seem to give her a little relief, or get her through.

As soon as she gets her AA degree in May she is going to start cranking up the dosage a little quicker.

Dr. F has found that some can move up fast, but Anna is his sickest patient, he says, and we have made the decision to go up 1/4 pill. Every other day seems to work for her. It gives her body time to eliminate.

As bad as it is, my daughter is more encouraged by this medication since minocycline. She can feel the difference from all the medication she has been on over the last seven years.

Dr. F has one fibro patient who is completely off medication and doing great. This person is his control.

The find that every time she takes Bolouke, old, calcified biofilm colonies surface in a blood smear. They think it's cleaning plaque off the walls of the vessels.

I'm thinking I might try it after I get out of work for the summer. That stuff gives me a nasty headache.

Thanks for your reply, Bea. I know your heart; just guess I'm sensitive today.

LymeLogged
Member # 36494

Haley, can you tell us how long you've been on Ivermectin?

Thanks

Haley
Member # 22008

I've been on Ivermection about 5 weeks. I started at 1/2 pill every other day and now I'm up to 1 pill every other day. I also take Pyrantel (sp) on the days I don't take ivermectin.

The other reason that I am hesitant to go up to high doses is that I got very bad tinnitus with my last round of IV Flagyl at the end of December. I think this med (stromectol) as well as other meds make it worse so I'm afraid to take as many pharmaceuticals as I did in the past.

At least I still have my hearing.

ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

If Ivermectin only kills eggs, what is everyone doing for the adults?
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the therapeutic dose for this? I think I'm going to try it.
R

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Annyzz - How soon after taking Ivermectin did your twitching stop? My right eye has started today along with my top lip.

Also, my right eye is drooping. I took Iver for 4 days then off for 3. Will start up again tomorrow.

What is everyone taking for the Adult Parasites?

kelmo
Member # 8797

The purpose of ivermectin is to break down the biofilm so that the body can use it's own immune system to kill the colonies of viruses/bacteria/etc.

My doc says that there is no "egg laying" it replicates.

annxyzz
Member # 20404

The twitching calmed down almost immediately . Within a month it was faint . I only have it now every once in a while and it is very faint .

--------------------
annxyzz

Haley
Member # 22008

I don't think there are many doctors that are familiar with this treatment and I don't know if there is anything to kill the adults.

Ivermectin may work on biofilm, but in my case it is working on a filarial infection. Of course not everyone has this infection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filariasis

flyingtreefort
Member # 30377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flyingtreefort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just took my third once a week dose of 18mg of ivermectin for treating Fl 1953. My Llmd calculated the dose based on my weight and will have me do this for several months.

I guess there are several treatment protocols, pulsing higher dose or low dose steady? Any thoughts on difference?
I haven't seen many taking it like me.

Also could the herx last a week and get worse 5-6 days after dosing?

Also could the herx get worse each week?

I'm mentally and physically feeling lousey and trying to figure out if its this treatment or something else. I'm hoping its the protomyxzoa die off.

Posts: 17 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

flying...I can't tell you. I would imagine with everyone's symptoms being unique, dosing being unique, the affects would be unique.

Just read my previous posts on the subject to see my daughter's reactions.

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How are you guys doing now? I had an appointment with Dr. F but cancelled because I just cant travel - way to exhausted right now. I have to catch my breath walking a short distance and getting to his state requires a whole day of traveling by myself, spending two night in a hotel and then traveling back. The really scary thing is the insomnia I get whenever I travel and I am afraid I would literally collapse somewhere.

Are some of you doing this treatment on your own? I have a barn full of ivermectin but I don't know how much to take. I have read so many different things. Help would be appreciated.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nefferdun,

PM sparkle7, member #10397. She has posted what she figured out for human dosage.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P. S. There was a study posted on here last yr with good results taking a combo of doxy (kills babies) and Ivermectin.

I have had good results killing the adults, eggs and larva with herbs such as wormwood, black walnut hull and cloves(kills eggs) and salt/c.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gael, Do you think minocycline might work as well as doxy? I read it crosses the blood brain barrier better than doxy and my brain is very foggy. The only problem is the dizziness -also the sun sensitivity which doxy causes too.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

The infections are mainly hibernating in the small intestine. IMO, I really think it's more about the brain/gut connection then it is about crossing the blood brain barrier.

In other words, when the infections in the gut are cleared, the brain clears.

You can google brain/gut connecion for more on this. It's kind of like when people do an enema for a migraine and it clears, so it would be more about getting rid of toxins, than something actually crossing the BBB.

Don't know if I am making myself clear, but it's food for thought.

As far as mino goes, I am not sure if if would be as effective at killing the filarial worms, since it is specific for filarial infections.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Thanks Gael. I wonder how long and how often you have to take this for the FL1953 bug.

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

I took my first dose this morning and have a dull headache. I got doxy from the doctor and I am taking lumbrokinase/boluoke after ten days of heparin. I am doing 2 lumbrokinase three times a day. I also have lactoferrin but I don't know how to squeeze it in because several of these things need to be taken on an empty stomach.

I am going to do Ivermectrin 3 days on, four days off. I am also on the low fat vegan diet - about two weeks now.

I hope everyone keeps in touch so we know how this works.

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

nefferdun,

Hope this goes well for you and you have good results. Keep us posted.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

nefferdun
Member # 20157

I found this link.

http://health.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/birdmitesorg/message/38185

Someone has condensed "Conservative Treatment Concepts for Chronic Inflammatory Disease Caused by Protmyxzoa Rheumatica". By Dr. F I assume.

The list of symptoms is very helpful to me.
Then it states that this presents with a low CD57 and low vitamin D. People usually have a positive 41 and 23. That means what I think is borellia could be PR. As what I thought was a return of lyme is not waxing and waning like Bb always did , having PR makes more sense.

Is it possible the Bb, bartonella and babesia are not the problem any more and this is my primary disease? Maybe so.

Here is the interview with Dr. F.
http://www.iadvocatehealth.org/protozoal_infection0.aspx

Using ivermectin is not mentioned -not that current I guess.

--------------------

ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

I am doing better. I took a week off of ivermectin but I am also taking Humaworm. Passed a lot of "things" that looked like eggs.

The twitching has slowed down. But the ringing in ears can be very loud and annoying.

I was probably taking a smaller dose of ivermectin than what my weight requires but I wanted to take it slow. Plan on increasing just a little.

Anybody else?????

Milagro
Member # 37023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milagro         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"That is why that combo that dr H in NY is using now for babesia is working better now rather tahh only mepron , or malarone and azithromycin ( antibmalaria treatment only)."

It was my understanding that Dr. H had absolutely no interest in testing or treating FL1953. Had heard he didn't believe in it.

Posts: 88 | From NE | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Targeting parasites/worms with antiparasitics is key in getting rid of Lyme and co-infections. Doing a maintenance program on an ongoing basis is prudent. If only one egg is left, the cycle will start all over again. Cloves kills the eggs.

ItsMyTurn,

Very wise to do Humaworm when off Ivermectin.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

kelmo
Member # 8797

gael, where are you getting your information? How do you know that the FL1953 is the same as filial worms? Your observations about eggs and hatchlings and adults may not apply to some of us.
glm1111
Member # 16556

kelmo,

I never stated that the FL1953 was the same as Filarial Worms. Ivermectin is an antiparasitic used in the tx of worms/parasites.

It just makes sense that if people are having positive responses when taking Ivermectin, that it is targeting parasites.

If that's the case, it would be wise to assume that parasites could be involved along with larva and eggs.

How is it known to target the FL1953 bug? Not saying it doesn't, but is there any evidence that it does?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Haley
Member # 22008

My update on Ivermectin -

I have been taking 3mg every other day. Overall I have been feeling pretty good... thinking this is the ticket to recovery. Recently however I have symptoms coming back that I have not had in years. I need to see my doc and add some abx. I believe it is my strep infection that is flaring up.

LymeXtu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeXtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nefferdun - Thanks so much for posting the interview with Dr F.!!

I have just skimmed through it and WOW lots of great information!!!

Every one of us should take the time to read this.

Posts: 448 | From minnesota | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

You're welcom lymextu. It is not the first time it has been posted I don't think so others may have seen it already.

The problem with dosing horse wormer is getting the correct dose. The first day I really overdid it. I ordered the pills from Canada BoxerMom gave a link for.

I have been getting joint and muscle aching so I believe it is hitting something. I was going to do it 3 days on and 4 off but I may push it longer. I have seen no indications of any worms, TG.

--------------------

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

bump for link

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

SickLYme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickLYme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took Ivermectin for 6 months with no improvements. Dr. F added Doxy combo towards the end with no improvements. He stopped my treatment. Went to another Dr. who said it was Lyme not FL1953.
Confused....

Posts: 148 | From AZ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

I did two weeks of ivermectin and then just the low fat diet. I have been on the diet about two months and I am much better than I was. The only drug I am taking right now is LDN. When I take the ivermectin I get insomnia. That may be a herx but I just can't handle not sleeping right now.

--------------------

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I started Ivermectin just a few days ago.... I feel so much better. Sometimes a little tired, but overall just better. I started passing the parasites just 2 days after beginning. Crazy! I have a few meds lined up. After meds, I plan to do herbs and salt/C....LONG TERM. I am going to stay on top of this infection. I think this is the key for a lot of us (Thanks to Gael for her many many many posts!).
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

I still have no twitches and am taking a short ivermectin break. I am starting chaga mushrooms and a liver regenerator / detox and herxing like HE-- . When I take a break from these two I feel better , but want to continue .
I do firmly think attacking parasites , metal or toxins, and addressing the liver's ability to function at max capcity are unfortunately all part of the picture of achieveing improvement .

--------------------
annxyzz

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Bump for link

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just recently tried the horse ivermectin too and got a herx from the paste. I had a gut feeling that I would herx (not many things make me herx) and I took it really slow.

I took what might be comparable to the size of a nickle and about an hour later it hit me. A general feeling of unwellness, slight tingling in my arms, slightly short of breath. It lasted 10-15min or so and then back to normal.

I had a similar, but stronger reaction wheni first took 1 pill of Amoxicillin. Also with Amoxi it only happened the first time and never again thereafter.

The next day dose was the size of a quarter and not much reaction. On the 3rd day I took about 3/4 of a 250 pnd dose and not much, only a barely noticeable bump.

I feel as if my twitches and vibrations have diminished. They were very strong, as strong as they have ever been before Ivermectin. I am monitoring this and will report back. Off Ivermectin today and will go back in 2 days.

FYI, Ivermectin kills Mosquitos that carry malaria & not the malaria directly. I see many articles stating this.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/sarah-boseley-global-health/2011/jul/06/malaria-infectiousdiseases

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

I went back on stromectol two weeks ago. I am doing extremely well. I sent my blood to F lab and expect to get the results any day now. I hope my GP can get more specific treatment recommendations.

I was worried about taking ivermectin every day but I have not side effects at all. It does not cause candida. I guess it will be safe to take it every day for four - five months until all the red blood cells turn over.

I am also doing the low fat vegan diet which is great. I was doing that alone for about 6 weeks and felt close to well. I got my methyl cycle results and sent the results to Dr. R to have him give me specific recommendations, but I am taking what I believe to be the best treatment.

I may beat this.

--------------------

kelmo
Member # 8797

My daughter is between 6-9mg daily and taking Pyrantel.

Right now, she is in another major herx cycle. Hoping when she tops out on the dosage we can start seeing some better days.

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Just bringing this back up so people can get the link for where to order that BoxerMom posted.

http://drugdepots.com/products/antibiotics/stromectol/order/

--------------------

annxyzz
Member # 20404

I went off the ivermectin to give my liver a break and started feeling severe fatigue again. I am starting it again and am figuring it will be needed off and on for a VERY long time . It appears that it is taken for lengthy periods in other countries .

It also appears that added with DIE , or diethylcarbamazine , it is even more effective . Gael has implied that the eggs may respond to cloves , which might give greater benefit .

It is beginning to look like a very long time of attacking parasites is necessary , and maybe some creative efforts combining herbs, drugs, salt etc.. or rotating the three .

--------------------
annxyzz

Haley
Member # 22008

I hear you annxyzz. I got out my Mimosa Pudica to see if that will help. In the past it made me constipated that's why I stopped. I couldn't tell if it was killing anything. Dr. K says it's 30 times stronger than the other meds... hard to believe.
Maradona
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maradona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please can you tell me where do you purches Ivermectin ,sida acuta ,mimoza prudica I'm functioning normaly just taking garlic and reservatrol but have insect bite sensations on my hands up to elbow and on the feet up to knee,and also neck cracks. Only this two symptoms left .
Like to know your thoughts.Have to treat my spouse and my 3 kids they look like all have this and i know for fact never left city or had to see an insect .
Best Maradona

Posts: 482 | From Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement