LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What are the chances of beating this disease for good

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are the chances of beating this disease for good
Maya12
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like so many people are fighting so hard to beat this, can it actually be beaten ? I am going to see a good llmd soon not the best in the states like dr h but apparently a good one

Can a good llmd help you beat this?

Is this disease even beatable if you have had it for a long time?

Why do so many people try so many different treatments?

Do abx and detoxing, clearing parasites metals and yeast not always work ?

Why do some people not get better?

I know I have asked this before but I am still confused why some don't get better?

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would just love to know that this can be beaten, I know there are success stories but not that many

I do feel the course of clarithromycin has helped a bit

But just wish I knew all the secrets of how to beat this especially since I think I have had it for a long time

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had it a LONG time and am completely better going on 2 1/2 years.

I treated with Dr. H for almost two years, then went to Germany for Bionic 880 treatment. After Germany I continued Bionic treatment and had a basic paradigm shift in my approach to the illness.

When you get a deep cut, you clean the wound, you might stitch it, you keep it clean, but in no way do you heal it. The body heals it, you give the body the tools to heal.

That is how I believe you have to approach Lyme in order to get well. You have to exercise, eat right, sleep, rest, get rid of parasites if you have them, detox heavy metals if you have them, balance the body so that you don't have yeast or other fungi, rebuild the gut. The body can heal, it just needs support to do so.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Six, Do you think it was the Bionic 880 that finally helped you heal or a combination of dr. h and that? I don't know anything about bionic 880 - will have to research that.
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can be done, some have done it. FYI I am not one of those someone's yet, but plan to be one day.

You see so many people on so many different treatments, I think partially because it manifests in different ways and different types of treatments can be useful, but probably mostly, because it is hard, there is no easy treatment at this time, it takes a lot to do it (at least in most cases).

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maya,

"Do abx and detoxing, clearing parasites metals and yeast not always work ?"

Yes, they all work if done in the correct sequence, timing, tested meds that work for the individual. For that try to find a doctor who understands all of these and avoid draining your resources. Find someone you can do energetic testing such as ART.

You also have to address your home environment )EMF, RF - Smart Meters, etc.) These in recent years affect Lyme and other chronic disease much more than they did years ago.

So really search for the doctor who can guide you through this. There is a lot to learn, so that you can help yourself, but you need a professional who understands each one of the factors I mention here.

You can get absolutely well. I made it, but only with a lot of help from a couple of great doctors and my desire to get well. Learn to understand that this is a multi-faceted disease and ignoring some parts of it holds things back.

Do some reading here. I have posted many of Dr. K. protocols and of some of the people who work like he does. I went to Germany (along with 30-40 others) and only one or two claim to have gotten well that way. So be careful where you put your funds. Photons do not reduce the pathogenic load. But only modulate the immune system.
www.klinghardtacademy.com

All the best for you.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlf2012:
Dear Six, Do you think it was the Bionic 880 that finally helped you heal or a combination of dr. h and that? I don't know anything about bionic 880 - will have to research that.

I think the heavy abx with Dr. H got me to a certain point and I never seemed to get better than that. I'd have periods of time where I felt pretty good (mostly afternoons, mornings were never good until after I got back from Germany), but I'd also have times I couldn't get out of bed.

The Bionic took care of the infections. There's much more than just infections, and I did lots more than just the Bionic.

I don't think I would have reached remission nor stayed here without exercise.

Also, tons of cleanses and things to strengthen my body (healing my gut, plenty of rest interspersed with plenty of activity, etc.).

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

I just really hope the dr I have chosen treats all of these areas. From what I have heard this dr does know all of these areas.

Hey six can you pm me to tell me which dr you worked with.

Also does anyone know about the dr data parasite stool it is a 3day test has anyone ever had success with this test?

I will also be working with an nd as well he seems to know about Lyme and was the one that wanted me to do the igenix and cd57 I just worry that here in Canada no one knows that much , I hope he does.

I will be working with both llmd and nd so hopefully this will be a good approach

RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Six...

What did you take to heal the gut and can it be done while taking abx?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Maya, once I came back from Germany, I did it on my own with no doctor. Did you want to know the name of the doctor I worked with prior to Bionic 880 treatment? Or the doctor in Germany?

RZR, I worked on my gut for over a year. Here are some things I did, in random order:

- Dr. Natura Cleanse

- Ferments (kefir, kombucha, raw sauerkraut), several times per day, usually kefir for breakfsast, and raw sauerkraut with every meal.

- Thorne Biogest

- Clean diet, I eat very little processed food and almost no sugar

- Relatively recently I started taking iodine, just one drop of Lugol's per day. I thought my gut was all healed, but my digestion is even better now .... I can eat all the raw veggies I want and I need less HCL (Thorne Biogest).

- Parasite cleanse. I had massive parasites and treated several times back when I was on abx

That's all I can think of right now.

--------------------

Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey six I am wondering who the dr was that treated you before Germany, your llmd and also what parasites did you have and how did you treat them?

I have a feeling I have parasites , I get this crawling sensation on my skin and also tend to break out in little pimples all over my body. They are little red dots that form a white head almost like a zit then they scab over but they are all over my body

Also can someone tell me how to send a pm?

Oh and I also have 5 dogs and 3 cats one of which I know had worms till we deformed him.

He was all over me before finding out he had worms

We live in the country lol we aren't animal hoarders but my hubby and I seem to end up with all the strays

We deworm them but I don't deworm myself and really wonder about the parasites as well as Lyme

Also spent many years around horses

Also spen

bv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can LD be beaten if you have had it a long time? NO. Not today with the current state of our knowledge.

I don't care what people tell you, medical science has NO treatment that kills the LD spirochete. None!

Abx and detox and supplements can help you and may suppress the bug for a time, but there is NO known cure. If there was, this board wouldn't exist.

And if you suppress the bug for a time, it will come back and then you need to treat it again. And again. I know, I have been doing it for 7 years now and unless there is a treatment breakthrough, I will be doing it all my life.

The only way to kill the LD spirochete is to catch it early, before it can sequester itself in your tissue and form biofilms----once it does that, our abx and supplements can't eradicate it.

Its sad news, but I do speak the truth. I know, I live it every day.

Posts: 213 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Maya: Yes, I do believe this disease can be beaten. I first saw Dr. J and his pulse treatment did not work for me. I currently see Dr. H and he has brought me a VERY long way and I too am heading to Germany in June (like Six). I agree with Six that the Bionic is a tool for healing and I loved what she said about the wound. We enable our bodies to heal. I have done a ton of research outside of Lymenet and have found far more pros than cons on this treatment, hence my going.

Basically with a good LLMD and your determination to work on all the pieces like your gut, candida, parasites etc., I think this illness is beatable. We all have to find our way with this and this is a wonderful forum for you to get lots of wonderful help and assistance. Had I not come to Lymenet, I would be a very sick girl. Do remember that the ones that get well often do not come back here... We are very fortunate to have folks like Six etc to stay around with us!

TF is a wonderful example too of sticking right to Dr. Burrascano and she is well, well, well as well as many of her friends that went to similar Burrascano docs.

Wanted to let you see this success story if you haven't:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/29246

I have been where you are and it can look bleak. But know you can BEAT this. This is not a sprint but a marathon and you will get there... Blessings

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

I just wish I knew that the llmd I am going to see is a good one. It is so hard to know. I do at least know that this doc uses Burrascano protocol.

Also thanks to everyone for all the good info and encouragement

And to bv I am very sorry you are still sick

Just wondering is dr h the only llmd who has had success in beating this?

Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey bv what if you can get rid of the biofilms?
Hey six , bv and will beat this how long did each of you have lyme?

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You also need to be rich to beat it too or have access to lots of cash. [Frown] It's unfortunate, but true, unless salt/c helps.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Maya: Dr. H is not the only LLMD that has success in beating this I assure you...

If your LLMD follows Burrascano you should be fine. My first LLMD did not... and I wasn't fine!

I have had Lyme (we think and that is the real question) since Sept of '08. I would not be surprised that when I go to Germany in June that I am told it has been in my system a lot longer. I had gone to Girl Scout Camp as a kid -- was excited to have a tick bite -- (I was a city girl, kind of and thought chiggers and ticks in the 3rd grade were harmless) spent endless days biking and outdoors all my life... so we will see.

Just in the last six months I stared to see a holistic chiropractor here and that is when I turned a big corner - I do this with Dr. H and believe very much now in energy medicine where before... I was a REAL doubting Thomas. I am kind of a see it to believe it person... but now I have seen enough to believe that energetic is the way to go if you can at least have this as part of your treatment. It tells you what is priority for your body to heal and pretty darn amazing. My insurance covered this. Also hence why I did the research on the Bionic... I am living proof that energy medicine works.

KNOW that you will beat this... Research has shown time after time that attitude affects cells... the mind body connection.

All you can do is put yourself in the best hands that you can... and move forward. Blessings

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey will thank you for the help I am willing to go to the end of the world to beat this, have always been a stubborn fighter. Also my family knows of the cost and will help us. Thank god too my husband and I also have good jobs.

Even my grandparents are willing to help out to get me better

Also the llmd I am going to see was treated by dr h so hopefully has picked up a lot of knowledge from him and uses his methods

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi Maya: This sounds great... I too have had to work two jobs to pay for things but where there is a will, there is a way... I have always believed.

That sounds great about your doc having been treated by Dr. H-- sounds like he gets lyme as well which I think is very helpful in a doctor. I just read of a lady who has a child in Canada and she is able to see a doc with a Bionic in Canada and she is seeing progress for her son. So that might be an alternative for you too ... locally... I will send you her name so you can pm her. Blessings -

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by Maya12:
Hey bv what if you can get rid of the biofilms?
Hey six , bv and will beat this how long did each of you have lyme?

Since 1972. Then rebitten and was no longer able to manage it with diet/exercise/supplements any longer. Declined significantly with the new bite. Undiagnosed for three years past new bite in approx 2002 (?).

--------------------

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hey Maya and Six [Smile]

Maya, here is the thread I was speaking of:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/115853

Hope it helps -

pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maya. Thanks. I need to see threads like this

You are still able to work? I know that must be so hard while struggling g with this.

I am at a crossroads with the work thing right now. If I do I do a really bad job at something I usually excel at and I have nothing left for my kids

I think this period of waiting is the not fun. Just being in limbo and not being able to control anything. I hope your llmd is awesome.

--------------------
Tick bite in 2006, bullseye rash, treated with 2 rounds of 2 weeks of doxy. (once in 2006, once in 2009)
Dx with chronic Lyme May 2011.
LLMD April 2012, Treating with omnicef/zith
Lots of supplements!

Posts: 640 | From Connecticut | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey will thanks so much for this link I will be sending that person a pm to ask where the bionic is in Canada.

Could someone tell me how to pm?

Also my nd mentioned ozone treatment, I think and using hydrogen peroxide are either of these treatments at all used for Lyme?

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Here you go Maya... so sorry .... you just go to that link I gave you and look at the thread and then when you see her post you will see an envelope near the date and time... you click that envelope and it pms for you... does that make sense... I ll send you a pm too! [Smile]
Maya12
Member # 36392

Just wondering too I have just finished a 10 day course of clarithromycin because the doctor found an unknown undiagnosed bacteria in my blood. This was L form bacteria I felt horrible on the abx for the first five or so days but since then has def felt better , not perfect by any means but better. I know clarithromycin doesn't usually kill Lyme but what I am wondering is have others tried abx like this before and it helped a bit if they were full of Lyme?
Does the fact that I feel a bit better on the clarithromycin indicate the possibility that I was full of Lyme and it has killed a tiny bit of the Lyme to let me feel a bit better
I am just confused cause I didn't think this abx could kill the Lyme but I do feel a bit better so wondering if responding this way could indicate lyme

Maya12
Member # 36392

Any one have an opinion on this?
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Maya I think it is hard to say... If you felt really bad at first, to me that may have been a herx and then you felt better after.... that is typically how you feel when you have had some lyme killed .... But I don't really know... this is a REAL guess...
Beth22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beth22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
biaxin DOES kill lyme. it just is one of many that needs to be used.
Posts: 236 | From Zionsville IN | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam from CA
Member # 28722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam from CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Six kids,

I am on I.V. Antibiotics because otherwise my symptoms come roaring back. Have sold my house to pay for all of it. I am almost out of money and my liver has a difficult time and the liver enzymes go haywire every month or so and i have to interrupt my therapy. Can you tell me more bout the Bionic 880?
Thanks, Sam

Posts: 35 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Well I do wonder if I felt horrible for the first viewdata was a herx I have gone through die off before with candida an it sure felt like a herx but since then I have felt a bit better, I was also mildly detoxing. If I was full of Lyme an d bias in does kill Lyme even on its own without others added in then perhaps this could be an indicator that I have Lyme

Does anyone know, if they respond to abx is this a possible sign of Lyme?

I have not been diagnosed yet

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by Sam from CA:
Hey Six kids,

I am on I.V. Antibiotics because otherwise my symptoms come roaring back. Have sold my house to pay for all of it. I am almost out of money and my liver has a difficult time and the liver enzymes go haywire every month or so and i have to interrupt my therapy. Can you tell me more bout the Bionic 880?
Thanks, Sam

Yes, go to my blogspot listed below, start back at Oct. 2008. If you have questions, I'm happy to answer.

Maya, yes, Biaxin works on Lyme. It's usually paired with another abx because it goes after the other form than many abx. I took it for Lyme.

[ 03-19-2012, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

--------------------

Maya12
Member # 36392

That's interesting six , thanks so I am assuming that I felt a bit better while on it cause it could have killed a bit of lyme. Unfortunatly I have been off it now for 1.5 days and am noticing symptoms coming back a bit. But at times while on the clarithromycin I felt better than I have in months. Sure I still had symptoms but they were less.

What form does clarithromycin go after?

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Not sure. I know it's listed in the Dr. B guidelines

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the photons (Bionic) do work. At least for some of us. Sixgoofy and I are living proof.

I was undiagnosed for 20 years. Could not take abx, was allergic, as were my kids.

We had no other option but to seek alternatives. I would be bed-ridden by now if not for the Bionic.

Also, I have tapered my Klonopin down to .20mg from 3mg. It was no longer helping me (insominia), but making me sicker.

I am not judging anyone for needing Klonopin or any benzodiazepine; they were not working for me. I feel so much better and can actually sleep on my own now.

We continued Bionic tx after coming home, and did detox as well - parasites, metals, etc.

My son has been very fatigued and depressed lately. We were worried about relapse.

We found out it is his blood sugar; if we control it, he is so much better.

So the three of us are in remission; there is hope. [Smile]

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also agree with Sixgoofykids: "You have to exercise, eat right, sleep, rest, get rid of parasites if you have them, detox heavy metals if you have them, balance the body so that you don't have yeast or other fungi, rebuild the gut. The body can heal, it just needs support to do so".

There was a doc at the 2011 ILADS conference (didn't catch his name) who explained a fascinating theory by Dr. Lynn Margulis (famous doc who believes in acquired genome/symbiogenesis).

He said that Dr. Margulis believes that(because it's a parasite), bb takes from you what it needs. In exchange, at some point (treatment?) it becomes a pathogen no longer, but can relapse by stress or another infection.

I wonder if it just takes some time to treat (1yr, 2yrs, 3yrs?) before it finally gives up it's pathogen.

I also wonder if trying something other (different) than what didn't work previously (abx or herbs, rife, whatever), finally tackles it simply by coming at it from a different direction).

For example, some people don't do well on abx. Then they shift over to herbs, or Salt/C or rife, or bionic, and have success. Perhaps attacking the spirochete unexpectedly is what kills it.

I also think detoxing helps to get us there sooner (in addition to above).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Dr. W explained to me that he believes the the Bionic does not actually kill the Bb, rather the Bb changes its frequency or nature so that it is no longer a pathogen but more like the other bacteria in our bodies that we live with.

So that's an interesting theory, Catgirl.

It's also what I'm reading in "The Primal Blueprint", a book on health, diet, exercise, etc. Our genes are not static, rather they change, and they do much more than just determine our eye and hair color. So the author talks about how eating, exercising, living a certain way can change gene expression.

Maybe this is why fighing Bb is so hard when we focus on killing bacteria only.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an interesting interview with Dr. Margulis:

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support-forums/lyme-disease-activism/3006552-lynn-margulis-says-shes-not-controversiallyme-

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For GOOD? As in Never experience any more Lyme symptoms, even when you're old and grey? Highly unlikely, I suspect. [Roll Eyes]

But the chances you can get this into "full remission" & have *years* of your life ahead of you where you "have your life back" & are feeling 95% to 100% healthy? Extremely good. [Smile]

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

So what do people do if they can't fully eradicate lyme for good? Do they have to keep treating it over and over again

If you are just in remission how long can this last?

Also I know you can recover from lyme or at least go into remission but is this also the case for fairly severe neuro lyme

Can you fully recover or go into remission from neuro lyme that is quite severe?

It seems to be that those not getting better are the ones with the neuro lyme and I am concerned that this seems to be the hardest to treat or get in remission

Are there people out there that have had severe neuro lyme and gotten better?

Maya12
Member # 36392

Anyone?
undiagnosed22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for undiagnosed22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TF did. You should read the success stories and also search for a post called "Who, on this board, is in remission?" You'll see that there are plenty [Smile]
Waiting for it to happen stinks though.

Posts: 200 | From Boston | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristineMany
Member # 16818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChristineMany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had these diseases for over 30 years now...Lyme, Bart, Babs and reactivated virus HHV6...

Treated for years conventionally, mixed with natural and supplements...

But it wasn't until about 4 years ago that I really took the bull by the horns, and educated myself about the body and how to get well...

Between dietary adjustments, natural abx, whole food supplements...I was able to put ALL in remission...

The changes I made seemed hard at first...but as I started getting better...I was thrilled...so I worked harder at finding better nutritional options without having to take tons of pills...

And I found it in whole food supplements...

I have been in remission going on 3 years now...with only 1 flare, that I was able to kick back rather quickly...

Remission can last a long time...however there are factors that can interrupt it...

Trauma, severe stress, another illness...or going to lax on the diet and nutritional stuff...

Christine

--------------------
We each have a right to be healthy, and no one has the right to jeopardize that!
Take Charge of your health - and your life you are the only one who will!
I know what I am & I know what I am not
I know what I HAVE & I know what I HAVE not

Posts: 33 | From co | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey christine thanks for your post just wondering what sort of diet do you follow and what whole food supps do you take?
ChristineMany
Member # 16818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChristineMany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maya

I have to run out and get my kids...I will try to get what I have done posted for you when I get back...or possibly later this evening...

Christine

--------------------
We each have a right to be healthy, and no one has the right to jeopardize that!

Posts: 33 | From co | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting ChristineMany, I have been taking whole food supplements for 6 months now, and I really seem to be getting better.

My sleep habits are atrocious. So I am working on that.

My diet is just bare bones no gluten/ sugar. I am truthfully not very strict about what I eat besides that. I stay away from too much starch but I still like potatoes and rice&beans from time to time. I keep it pretty natural though. No additives, lots of fresh veg.

I really think that nutrition is a big piece of the puzzle. What kind of supps do you use Christine?

I am not in remission, but I feel like I will make it there for the first time since going downhill.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristineMany
Member # 16818

Ok...

So here is my main staples that have enabled me to keep myself in remission...

Balanced Planets SuperFoods Daily Power Shake Whey Protein with PGX� Double Chocolate (they do have a few products to choose from)

Maca - this was the KEY for me as my endocrine system was lacking...Maca is a whole food/super food...that nourishes the endocrine system...and is adaptogenic - so it helps to stabilize and balance out the endocrine system....

Coral Calcium - even tho maca has plenty of mag and calcium I still take this...

Elderberry - for additional immune support

Olive Leaf Extract - one of the best things you can feed your body...

Garden Greens Goji Splash Goji Berry Juice Drink Mix

Aged Garlic

Whole food Fruit and Veggies supplements...

I do have a longer list of supplements that I had used before these main ones...

I have found that getting what I can in powder form (Maca, Goji, Balanced Planets products) made things easier...I just make a shake in the morning and I am good to go...

Lymeboy...Maca can help with sleep issues...as it is great for the adrenals...

BUT let me warn everyone...MACA - WILL increase your sex drive!

I have quite a few friends who are quite grateful for that...LOL!

As for my diet...Lots of fresh fruits and veggies...lean meat...No refined sugar, No Gluten at all...but if there is a chance that there may be cross contamination...I found a GREAT enzyme specifically for the problem...

Vitacost Gluten Enzyme DG BioCore� DPP IV -- 100 mg - this works really well for me...and I have a close friend with Celiac disease...and it works really well for her...

I do still use sugar...Sugar in the Raw...but I will be growing my own Sorghum this year...and hope that next year, I will be making my own sweetener out of that...

Oh I do sometimes use Coconut sugar...its really good and much better for you too...

Hope this can help

Christine

--------------------

undiagnosed22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for undiagnosed22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Christine,

Good for you on achieving remission! Can you tell me where Icanfind maca? I am really interested in this!
Thanks so much!

Posts: 200 | From Boston | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by Maya12:

Are there people out there that have had severe neuro lyme and gotten better?

Me

--------------------

ChristineMany
Member # 16818

Oops sorry six...

Yes I had severe neuro Lyme...was one lots of pain killers for YEARS...morphine...nerve meds...etc...

And I was able to reverse most of the damage...except for my guts...doing what I mentioned up above...

Treatment for more then 12 years...

Also...was on Lyrica - which actually caused Neuropathy to progress at an alarming rate...

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

ChristineMany, it took me about two years after remission for me to get my gut back to normal. I think it's the hardest thing to heal.

--------------------

Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey christine thanks so much for all your great suggestions I am going to write those down
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read that if you've had it less than a year, outcomes are better? Is this true? I started treating w/i 3.5 months from when it started. I am doing a mix of abx, naturals, supplements, no gluten/sugar/alcohol etc... and still feel horrible and am having a hard time seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristineMany
Member # 16818

Lara...

It depends on several factors...ya know how when you go to a doctor for the first time...they want a health history...and they always ask if there are certain conditions that run in either side of your family?

For some, if their genetic makeup is strong and they have strong immune systems, then they can often recover pretty quick...or even beat it without knowing they had it...

But if you have genetic predispositions for certain things...treatment could take longer...

Also...if you have co-infections, yeast issues, or reactivated viruses...these could all get in the way of treatment...

Like myself...more then 12 years treating like you are now...and only came close to remission ONCE...

But when I started my own protocol - it took me one year to get it into remission...Huge difference!

So genetics will play a factor...as will diet and nutrition...Your body MUST be treated as a whole...rather then trying to run down an infection...

Fortifying your body with what it needs...because Lyme can get where ever it wants - and does so differently with each person...but giving your body what it needs...what it was designed to consume...can help...

Granted there are some pretty tough cases out there...but most of those that I have come across have been riddled with many different infections let alone Lyme...Parasites and Yeast can really hinder treatment...as can Bart and Babs...

The light is there...each one of us has to find the path that works best with our individual bodies...

Christine

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

ChristineMany, what kind of natural abx did you take?

Also, my husband has some maca powder (in bulk). Do you know how much to take & should I just mix it with water?

--------------------

ChristineMany
Member # 16818

Well you can mix it up in water...it doesn't taste too bad...but I certainly prefer it mixed in a shake with almond, rice, or coconut milk...its much tastier that way...

If memory serves...the serving suggestion is 1/4 teaspoon 1-3 times a day...I just heap in about a tablespoon...and I am good to go...

As for Naturals...

I have done Samento and Banderol..cumanda and carnivora...But Samento only works short term for me...

I found one called Spiro - and that one was my magic...but every one I know had to go especially slow on it...slower then most do with Samento...

I was able to start it at 5 drops...but had accidentally given myself 10 at the end of the first week...OH boy did I herx and I am not one to herx much at all...

So it took me several months to get up to full doses...but my mom and sister could not tolerate even 1 drop in 32 oz of water...

The stuff really seemed to hit where you have it the worst...so for me it was massive herxing in my spine...for mom and sis...it was their bowels...

Carnivora (venus fly trap juice) was AWESOME - but the drops were expensive...there are other brands...but Carnivora is 100% pure...nothing else added to it like other tinctures...

And it worked against everything...I have 4 kids and the winter I was on it...I never got sick and was not yet in remission...

--------------------

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So nice to see this thread. And I agree with all people who went to full remission who posted here.

Nutrition, some exercise, supplements, continuous detox, these are essential.

I will be reaching the 3 year remission mark this May, if nothing bad happens.

I agree that Bb is still with us FOREVER.

BUT when Bb is dormant, not active, you get your LIFE 100% BACK, no symptoms, no treatment. It's like anyone else that you consider healthy.

My daughter reached her 2 year lyme free. But it got activated again exactly this Sunday, after a week with the flu.

What activates dormant infections for her is stresss and bad food (sugar, white carbs). This time, her immune system was down after the flu, then we still went out to watch a horse competitioin, and she ate badly (just normal things normal people eat when they go out), and she got knee pain again the same night.

We are doing the photon treatment, like Six and Linky said above, and she only missed one day of school. I wanted to see how much she would herx, so I kept her at home to check on her.

But now she can sit on her knees again. She's doing PE at school, swimming etc. No problem so far. People in school don't know and I hope, they will never know about her relapse. It happened 2 years ago, and the whole relapse was treated in about 3 weeks with photons.

Before photons, we used herbs and homeopathics (sometimes abx), but it took us MONTHS to get lyme into remission again, IF it went to remission...

She is also doing Allergie Immun for more than year, to help her detox, and it is also a strong treatment for her.

But it is the first time she reached the 2 year lyme treatment free since she got it 6 years ago. We are bitten by ticks almost every year...

It is totally possible to reach full remission, of all: full remission of symptoms and treatment for years. But it is not easy.

But no way we can eat junky foods people eat for weeks or months, and still be well. We eat very healthy, and try to avoid stress when we can (impossible with diseases like the flu)..

So keep on looking and trying. Reaching 80% is very possible with many treatments, I believe. Reaching 90% harder, and need it will involve many alternative treatments. Reaching 100% even harder, and each person will need a totally different treatment than another. But it is still possible, if you add energetic tests (my opinion).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Thanks, Brussels, for your post. I'm sorry to hear your daughter relapsed after the flu. [Frown] I'm glad you have the tools to treat it again.

I had the flu last winter for a week. I wonder why it makes some people relapse and others not. I had no Lyme relapse after the flu, and it was a bad one.

I always eat right, but not necessarily because I was sick, more because it's just how I've always eaten. I exercise, too. I don't think it's possible for anyone to stay well their whole life without eating right and exercising, but especially for those of us who have been sick with Lyme.

I won't be 3 years until August.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement