LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How many getting extreme fatigue with Ivermectin?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many getting extreme fatigue with Ivermectin?
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how many people that are taking Ivermectin get extreme fatigue. I swear I could sleep the entire day today. I took my Ivermectin last night. I also have been working out this year, so I'm sure that is contributing to the fatigue.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up my Ivermectin today. Will start it tonight.

Are you on other meds, too?

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking Pyrantal something (forget how to spell it) I take a small dose of that on my days off. I'm taking 1.5 pills every other day. Are you taking anything else with it?
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only on Diflucan right now. But I want to ramp back up to Doxy/Zith/Malarone and continue the Ivermectin.

I'm going to take the Ivermectin for a week, just to see how I do, then start ramping up the rest, if I am able.

I don't know my status for Fry bug. I do have intestinal parasites. Don't know if I have the disseminated filarial worm co-infection, but I suspect that I might.

I'm taking the Ivermectin to rule these in/out (if I can), and to give my Babesia something else to think about!!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have periods of time that I feel BETTER , then a period of time of herx symptoms and that includes sleepiness and nasty fatigue and feeling fluish.

I suspect that is indicating that there are pathogens dying . I personally suspect that ivermectin may kill babesia along with other protozoa .

I am only taking it every three days and will soon change to every other day or to three days on and three days off .

The herx is worse the second day after the drug is taken for some reason .

I wish Dr Eva Sapi had more specific info about how European docs used it with lyme patients - dosages and scheduling and duration of use . That would be helpful. I would like to know how long it can be safely taken, even on a pulsed basis .

I do think it is helping - on the days I do not have herxing , I feel MUCH better than I have in many years .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea-- ivermectin made me reallllly tired and i am usually very tolerant to meds. It didnt stop until I went off it.
Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is it,,,sounds dumb, I know but can't remember,,,,,,,if it's one of those order out of country things......

At first I thought it was a IV med,,,,

How and what does it help??

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Wow. This is like a wonder drug. I took 2 tabs tonight and I feel incredible. No twitching (finally), calm, energized, clear-headed.

I guess the other shoe may drop tomorrow with a big herx, but tonight I feel nearly symptom-free.

And just a few days ago I told my husband I'd lost the will to live. This disease is mercurial!

Loving my ivermectin.....la la la la.

That's my song to ivermectin.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

And my breathing! I've been fighting lung inflammation and a sense of restricted breathing forever.

So this is what it feels like to get a full breath. Who knew?

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Michael46
Member # 26517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael46     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you get it?
What form? (tablet, liquid, etc.)
Is it the same drug that is used to treat worms in animals?

Thanks!

Posts: 7 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boxer Mom, that is great!!! So happy for you.

I have an appointment to see Dr. F the beginning of April and he will probably give it to me too. I have half a mind to put some horse wormer in a capsule but I want to be sure I have this new bug first. Otherwise it will be impossible to restrict my diet so much.

I hope this continues for you I know exactly what you mean about losing your will. I am not even that bad off but this affects my mind so badly.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boxermom , the first thing I noticed about ivermectin was that I breathed SO MUCH better .
It was amazing . That is part of the reason I think it may help with babs ( plus it appears it has been used for babs in the middle east from what I read online ) .
Some days I feel MUCH better , and then I have a nasty herx that subsides . It is a pattern.
I do think this drug can be very helpful, as Dr Sapi says . She says it has been used in Europe for lyme with good results .

I have been getting mine from Tractor Supply and buy the cheap Durvet brand apple flavored , and dose according to weight on the syringe . It is used for horses , but same drug for people exactly . It does not taste bad , and can be ordered from amazon.

There are many others here who have used the vet brand w/o problems. I would order pills , but this is easy and dirt cheap.

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Yay Boxermom. That is so great to hear!! I also noticed that my breathing has gotten better. It didn't go away quickly, first I would get herxes the following day, that feeling of being unable to breath. Now it is better over time. This medicine also makes me dizzy, I think I'm even more dizzy from the Pyrantal. Also, all of the pimples / bumps that broke out all over my chest and upper abdomen are better. Makes me really think that these parasites are dying!

Mercurial is a good way to describe this disease (I remember that word from my vocabulary list [Wink] )

I'd like to hear the latest from Bea Siebert and Metalic Blue (I think I got those names right)

panicphreak82
Member # 36403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panicphreak82     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this the stuff that treats the fry bug?
Posts: 77 | From Denver | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

I believe I have read it is even more effective taken with some fat . I take it with a bit of peanut butter or fish oil .

--------------------
annxyzz

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement