LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Beyond Balance/Better Health - Formulas/Saliva Tests?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Beyond Balance/Better Health - Formulas/Saliva Tests?
susank
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone here do the BH saliva testing and get the BB herbal formulas?

What is the saliva test supposed to detect?
Cost? Thoughts?

Out of all I have tried I have best tolerated their Bar-1 and want to be ready in case I want to order more.

The site where I previously ordered the Bar-1 is temporarily down. I hope it is up and running as usual at some point.

Those that are using the Beyond Balance formulas would you mind sharing your experiences/updates?
Thanks.

To add:
Website with product info:
http://www.BeyondBalanceinc.com

I am assuming their BB-1 formula is intended to be used for Lyme and Bar-1 for Bart.

The BB-1 does not have Cat's Claw but the Bar-1 does. ??

[ 03-29-2012, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: susank ]

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DD has had excellent results with this protocol--got off all abx--with these herbals.

We first heard of these via Dr. B at a Lyme conference we attended. Figured if they are good enough for him to recommend, they're worth trying!

DD isn't quite at 100% yet--and I don't want to jinx it--but she is 90-95% most days: back to taking some classes, out seeing friends, planning (!) for next year's school schedule--all this from a teenager who was homebound for much of 3+ years, and even last year at this time, we were so demoralized that there would be no end to this--

Just proves a lot can happen in a few months, and never give up hope!

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The saliva test is approx $125.. We ordered the test kit but never went through with the testing due to cost. We have ordered the Beyond Balance Bar-1 and Bab-1. They were good products and would use them again.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lulu - so where did you get your products?

I am still wondering why the Bar-1 has Cat's Claw and the Bb-1 does not. Anyone know?

Seems like most folks use Bar-1 and Bab-1 but not much of a mention of use of the Bb-1.

What about their detox formulas?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we ordered the Bar-1 and Bab-1 I don't recall them offering the BB-1 on the website. We get ours from www.rhinebeckhealth.com I just looked it up and it seems they have shut down their store.
You may have to call and ask for it.
I really don't know why BB-1 doesn't have cat's claw.. Maybe it doesn't work synergistically with the other ingredients.

Pekana detox kit works really well and I do believe the www.naturalhealinghouse.com carries that.

[ 04-01-2012, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: lululymemom ]

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

I am getting a little concerned that their online "shop" is still unavailable. Wonder what is going on?

Also wonder how they have been able to sell the BB products? Anywhere else online they can be purchased?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

riverspirit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverspirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The naturopath who is the herbalist that creates these products is a wonderful human being. Speaking with her is always a gift for me.

Her son is far better ~ he went from being wheelchair bound and not able to eat, having seizures to playing basketball (now).

About cats claw, it is not only specific to borrelia. It is an antimicrobial. S.M. who makes the formulas discerns her choices with some sort of machine. She now has several formulas for all aspects of lyme, co-infections, biotoxin illness and detox, etc..

Having a consultation with her is far less money than any LLMD, and she is as knowledgable as any of them in my experience.

The formulas are indeed very pricey, yet i'm sure she is not getting rich from them. It does take a lot of money to have a relatively small business in northern california, pay staff, etc.

I think it is worth the money to have the saliva test to discern which formulas are best for each individual. If you have the test, then you can get the formulas directly through their office.

She recommends other products often, and one can buy those through iherb or other online vendors.

Again, i feel that the creator of this program is coming from a caring, experienced and wise heart and mind.

Hope this helps ~
riverspirit

Posts: 164 | From North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will second that. I met her at a friends house and she is truly a caring and knowledgeable person.

I use her biofilm formula, a detox formula and Immuno Vira (might have a new name) and I like them very much.

I have not seen them on any website other than rhinebeck. I get them through my doc in WA.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Your LLMD/LLND can sign up with her to get her products. I agree that she is very knowledgeable and has seen significant results with these products. If anyone knows another source that doesn't need a practitioner please let me know. Thanks!

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree completely with the comments about the NP whose protocol this is. She is a wonderful and caring individual and speaking with her renews your hope in battling this illness.

While costly, it isn't really any more costly than going to a local LLMD, though the tinctures and supplements certainly add up (but so do any abx or tinctures you might use by going through any number of LLMDs, NPs, etc.)

I would recommend getting the saliva test done. Her protocol is much more than just the three major tinctures she sells. She also checks for mineral deficiencies as well as food and chem sensitivities.

It is a complete whole-body protocol that has helped my dd immensely!

(BTW, I'm not one to recommend anything quickly. We've tried too many "miracle" cures over the years that have failed. But, this protocol has been truly a turning point for my dd.)

I hope it brings the same success and relief to others!

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Thanks.
FWIW I called and the Rhineback nutrient shop has closed. The doctors apparently have gone their separate ways.
One of the doctors might still use the Beyond Balance products. And who knows if he would sell them like in the past? Previously one did not have to be a patient of theirs to order from the website.
I received as requested the BB packet in the mail. Will study it all. To get the products directly from them requires the saliva tests - but I wonder how often that has to be done? Expense and all. I really want their Bar-1. Typical, I find something that sounds promising and that I tolerate - then suddenly it is hard to get.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

The 1st saliva test will come back with the # of days for that protocol--typically 50 days, give or take--with retesting about 10 days prior to the end of the protocol. So, in the example, above you'd want to retest with saliva swab at day 40 of the 50 day protocol.

With dd, it has roughly come out to every 6 weeks to 2 months that we retest.

A suggestion I have for you would be to do the initial swab test. There are 3 test tiers--you can get the basic, which would be the cheapest.

If after your results come back, you don't want to proceed with the full protocol, you can order just the Bar 1 to try it. If you purchase multiple bottles of it, that should last you a few months, which would give you some idea whether or not it will work for you.

I still feel you'd benefit most from doing the full and complete protocol, as the protocol is prescribed to work synergistically with all the other components of the protocol.

However, ordering multiple bottles to try may be an option that works better for you.

Each bottle costs roughly $40.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

susank
Member # 22150

Thanks. I read the info. I'm willing to try, even though I am not totally convinced about saliva testing.

Also I am on IVIG which can make some testing problematic. I called BB/BH and they will research and get back to me.

Yesterday I got the saliva packet/info in the mail and also received Buhner's book that I had ordered. I settled on the couch to read - opened the book - exactly to the page for Smilax/Sarsaparilla. I kind of wondered about that - someone trying to tell me something?

The first two listed herbs in Bar-1 are Cat's Claw and Sarsaparilla.

For days I have felt dreadful. Trying to detox. Holding off re-starting the Bar-1.
And for days I have had to resist the urge to take a few drops. So I ended up taking 5 last night and don't feel worse - and perhaps a bit better. (I also had started drinking baking soda in water). (See the other thread I started today).

Questions:
The BB site says the formulas are "umbrella-like" - what does that mean?

There are six herbs in Bar-1. The formula has "built in" detoxing/herx helping properties?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

"Umbrella like" means wide-spectrum coverage, as in the herbs work synergistically to address many issues, not just one particular infection--so while the formula may be targeted toward, say, Bartonella, the herbs in that formula may also address other infections too as well as maybe parasites and also give detox and/or liver support, etc.

If you speak to the NP or her office, she/they can explain it more fully, but that is how I understood them to work.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement