LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » To Dr. K. Patients....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To Dr. K. Patients....
Kristen J.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristen J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called Dr. K's clinic in Kirkland and was told that for initial visit which need to be at least four days, and this is to see NOT Dr. K but one of his NDs the costs run in the neighborhood of 3-5K...

I was just wondering why it so much to see one of his associates and what they do for four days that can run so much?

It's just that in lectures Dr. K says that ART is a useful tool for diagnosing patients and keeps costs of tests down.

I'm just trying to make educated decisions and would appreciate input.

Posts: 116 | From California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too. I'd love to hear....TS
Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think for $5,000 I'd rather just take my money and go to Germany to see Dr W and get cured of Lyme permanently! [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called their office a few years ago and at that time they were charging $420 for an hour with Dr. K. I just talked to them again and they now charge $480 plus they have changed their procedure from what I understand.

You are now required to see an ND on the first visit and then you may be referred to Dr. K.. Also, roughly 80% of the cost is for in-house treatments, not for seeing the doctors. Total doctor time from what I understood today is 4 hours. 1 1/2 hours the first day and last day and 1/2 hour for the other 2 days.

I told their office today that I would never personally spend that kind of money for a first visit. My first visit is always a probe to see if I want to see the doctor/clinic again. An interview if you will.

They must have enough ppl to fill their schedule but to me it seems like an astronomical amount to charge very sick and often disabled patients for a first visit. I suppose it weeds out the patients who are not really serious about following their protocols.

One thing I will say is that Dr. K. and others who use his methods freely give information via the internet in the form of very well written documents. I have found some very useful information that I can often implement on my own.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. K has an excellent reputation and has been practicing cutting edge medicine long before any of our LLMD's were when he was still in Europe and coming to the U.S. on a part time basis.

At the time more than 95% of our LLMD's were just prescribing ABX and knew nothing about heavy metals, adrenals, mold, excito toxins and all the essential things that need to be addressed regarding this illness. Some still don't.

He certainly is not throwing powder around nor fairly dust. He's getting people well and leaving no stone unturned.

I find it especially disturbing that a condescending comment such as this is made by one who lives in a country where there are no LLMD's and most cannot get treatment and most come to the U.S. for it.

We would be blessed to have more doctors of his caliber in any field of medicine.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The PA's of the best of the best LLMD's are much more experienced than some of the LLMD's out there. In my opinion, its worth the sacrifice to get your health back.

Some LLMD's state that they "trained under Dr.*". I naively thought, well if my LLMD trained under the best of the best, I must be getting the same treatment that I would get if I spent a thousand dollars on a visit with Dr *. Wrong, in many cases, "being trained by..." means they had a 2 week preceptorship.

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree: "One thing I will say is that Dr. K. and others who use his methods freely give information via the internet in the form of very well written documents. I have found some very useful information that I can often implement on my own."

also...if you look at his protocol or listen to the interview from last week you will know that he feels you can can get much much better byt changing living environment and lifestyle stuff...without abx

abx is only one of about 5 things he considers important

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aperture:
Wrong, in many cases, "being trained by..." means they had a 2 week preceptorship.

-

Or a FEW DAYS .. at best

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I could get better for sure, I'd drop $5k without hesitation. If he offered a money-back guarantee, I'd be on the next plane.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kristen, I know that sounds like a lot. He is the best in the world I believe and if I had the money, I would have likely gone that route. I believe in his holistic approach and feel that you get what you pay for unfortunately .... thankfully like Terry K says, there is TONS of free info. from him out there that you can apply yourself.
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by migs:
[QB] Did you know that Dr. K sings songs and throws powder on you, while wearing a druid hat?

I'll do that to you for 5K.

Worked for me, he got me well.

Migs you're WAY off base. Your original LLMD charges over $600 an hour with very limited experience. How does he justify charging that with so few years experience behind his belt?

The costs of Dr K are no more than any other "name" LLMD

If Dr K loves money so much why would he be giving such valuable information for an hour and a half on a free teleseminar? What other LLMD's are doing that?

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. K. is an M.D. at CMC. He does not own the clinic and he is not the director of the clinic. He only goes there to treat young and old. His fee is set and well deserved and the patient is in control of everything else. When you call, have the guts to ask questions and get complete answers. Dr. K. is only there every other months and the rest he doctors and teaches in Europe and elsewhere. He is only at the clinic to help patients.
Nothing else. He is not a politician. Thank God for that.

** Doctor bashing removed **

Oh, the hat! I have only seen Dr. K. looking great with a hat when he came to a Family Constellation night a couple of days ago, during a rainstorm. He does this once a month, for a small fee to cover the facility rental, practically for free for people and patients and practitioners lasting late into the night. He comes after the last patient has left his office and helps people to unpack some of their emotional garbage through a Family Constellation. If you don�t know what a Family Constallation is, google. It is known all over the world and Dr. K. happens to be very excellent at it. It can be very healing and a very important part to getting well.

And, yes, the singing: He comes after a heavy patient load, and then pulls out his guitar and everyone joins in to sing an uplifting song or two. He does this before and after every Seminar and it�s great fun and people who never saw each other before can start to relax. When he does it at his seminars in Germany, the singing by doctors and practitioners is so alive, it knocks your socks off. I recently was given a recording of the songs, and when I feel down, I play them and sing. It lifts the mood and spirits of everybody � away from talk of sickness and medical treatments which is part of three day seminars. Singing lifts the soul � singing makes you breath!

Dr. B. was part of the seminar in New York recently and if you watch the academy�s website, you will see him sitting out front talking with Dr. K. Dr. J from back East, the guy who loves the kids. was also there and brought one of his patients to be tested by Dr. K. during the seminar. I have great respect for all three. I got my life back from Dr. K.

Haven�t seen any flying powder either.

Be thankful for what you get here from Dr. K. via me. I experienced most of it and paid for it for many years. Dr. K. knows what I am doing. He never had any money and doesn�t know what money is, except that he now has two little children and needs to support them. He treats a number of patients for free, late into the night and on weekends when he should be out playing, because they are broke and because they need help. I have met many doctors over these Lyme years, but there is only one like him. The world needs many more of that kind.

Please don�t insult one of the best and generous we have to teach and to learn from.

[ 03-31-2012, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not everyone has had a positive experience with Dr. K.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
REALLY?...But I'd be willing to bet, the positive experiences far outweigh any negative ones.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glm1111,

Just sent you a PM...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Migs I wish you good luck getting well. Attitude and having an open mind plays a large role in wellness.

Without using alternative medicine no one will get well from Lyme and co-infections. An easy case caught early, perhaps, but not a disseminated one nor a difficult one. In the end most will waste far more money with an LLMD who doesn't address the kind of things Dr. K does, than if one could see Dr. K.

Disparaging a doctor in the Lyme community who has helped make advances and shares his knowledge does not appear to be gracious to me. We're all in this together and we learn from each other and also from the experiences and protocols that others have shared with us from other LLMD's.

In addition there is not a doctor in the world that can get every patient well, no matter what his speciality is or the illness/disease that he is treating.

There's no such thing in medicine.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abxnomore:
Disparaging a doctor in the Lyme community who has helped make advances and shares his knowledge does not appear to be gracious to me. We're all in this together and we learn from each other and also from the experiences and protocols that others have shared with us from other LLMD's.

There's more than one post here that did this.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great quotes from Abxnomore.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Abxnomore:
Attitude and having an open mind plays a large role in wellness...

Without using alternative medicine no one will get well from Lyme and co-infections...

In addition there is not a doctor in the world that can get every patient well, no matter what his speciality is or the illness/disease that he is treating.
[/QUOTE]
. . .

Well said, Abxnomore.

I haven't seen Dr. K, but am open to some of his suggestions, which is why I was drawn to Kristen's post. Some of Dr. K's advice makes sense to me.

And Gigi, thank you so much for all your posts (I read them whenever you post). We are fortunate to have you on this board.

I understand that it must be tough (if you are a Dr. K advocate and he's helped you--makes sense) to listen to anyone bashing him (frustrating). That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Providing them is the only way any of us can make decisions for ourselves. So thank you everyone above.

As hard as I've tried to do Burrascano's protocol (abx), I had to stop it (too hard on my body--yeast/insomnia). Still doing the diet though. I am at a point now where I need to seek alternatives.

If we didn't have people who provided suggestions and advice, many of us would be stuck traveling in circles trying to get well.

Everyone's post is beneficial. Best to all of you.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

I have never been a patient of Dr. K. I also no longer have lyme disease. However, I do find it offensive when a member mocks a doctor because he/she may not agree with his treatment approach.

Let's keep this on topic and also let us act like adults.

Disagreeing with how a LLMD treats is one thing, mocking him is quiet another matter.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I removed a few posts. I did not go through this with a fine-toothed comb, but since it was reported, I did completely remove a few posts. I do not have time right now to edit, it takes much longer.

Please keep on topic and don't bash doctors trying to help Lyme patients.

***** please note, continued bashing of doctors is reason for banning *****

[ 03-31-2012, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the behaviors that many doctors have is that of arrogance because they "know it all." Most of us had many of these dr's before we got to one that could recognize our disease and begin some level of treatment.

I have read many of Dr K's articles, protocols, and listened to his many interviews.

When Dr Mercola interviewed Dr K (you can find the interviews on youtube) the comment that I really remember is "I learn so much from my patients." I have never heard another doctor say that, they may believe it but I have never heard them say that! To me that is incredibly salient.

Specifically with his patient's feedback he works consistently to improve his protocols. During the many ILADS meetings he shares these learnings with his collegues. Therefore I am benefitting after a conference that my LLMD has attended.

So I may not be able to attend the Wash clinic but my LLMD is becoming aware of new and potential beneficial protocol options. What would it be like if we only let our mechanics or carpenters use 5 tools because a controlling entity says regardless of the evidence you will only need these 5 tools to provide service.

I think BioPhoton has great promise and guess what, so does Dr K! He says so in one of his Mercola interviews. It may or may not be prime time for using it yet but others on this site can comment on their experiences, positive or negative.

When we did not have to pay 1000's annually before we got the disease and now we do and we learn that we may have to pay 5k to see a certain healer when we are used to a $30 copay, it is an amazing shock!

If the ABX route does not work for me and my two sons then we will have to look for other options. I am glad there are other options for me that the IDSA and CDC has not squashed.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abxnomore, Thank You for grace as you are the voice of reason...

Gigi, please don't ever let disrespectful comments deter you from sharing your wealth of knowledge. There are so many who learn from your tutelage every day. I had a private message from another poster recently that commented about you saying, "GiGi has been preaching the big picture thing here for years and years." Your message is important. So is the message of all the doctors working tirelessly to help get us well.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that no doctor sees this disease from as many angles as Dr. K. He would be my first choice if I had to see a doctor and if I had the time/money. He's truly is one of the greats.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
migs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I admire greatly the courage that most LLMDs have. It is tough being the pioneer and basically fighting city hall every step of the way.

An extrememly rare quality and level of courage is required to help us forsaken...for sure.

It was only this one doctor I was joking about, as I've heard from a few of his patients he is like a shaman and costs a lot to follow.

Posts: 410 | From Victoria BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been studying this for a long time. I think Dr. k has some of thes best ideas about healing out there. I haven't been his patient but I don't think he charges more than most LLMDs or specialists in alternative medicine for things like autism, CFS, Fibro, etc.

I contacted a local doctor who specializes in autism to do a methylation panel & the vistis, test, plus interpretation of the panel will cost me $1000. This doctor isn't even someone who has posted the vast amount of information on the internet that Dr. K has. So, I have no idea if the local doctor knows anything or is in agreement with the kind of treatments I'm looking for.

Not all LLMDs are gods or goddesses. I think alot of them are in it for the money. I was alittle put off by the severity of Dr. Ks treatments. I didn't really want to deal with uprooting my life to get away from EMFs or some of the other things he mentions. In the long run, I think he's right, though.

If I could, I might want his services as doctor or shaman. I'm trying to see if I can implement some of his concepts with what I have at hand. If not, I may end up going to see him - If I can swing it.

He would probably be my first choice if I had money to spend on treatment or if I had to do things over. I'm so glad he posts so many of his ideas on the internet so I can study them. I mean, what other doctor that you know of is so open with his experience & wealth of knowledge. It's pretty impressive.

Most doctors I've seen are too busy worring about not getting sued, going on paid drug company holidays, or how they are going to finance their new Mercedes.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

I agree.
tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, at this point, I'll take a shaman, a guru, a wizard, a LLMD, whatever you want to call the person...if they can assist me in wellness, I'm all ears! [Smile]

Joking aside, I guess we all have to find our path and pursue what we think is best for us. Wishing us all...good health!

I also really appreciate feedback and respectful opinions from others, whether positive or respectfully negative. As far as I know, none of them walk on water or cure EVERYBODY... TS

Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with tickssuck,

If I had to go see a lizard with magical healing powers in the middle of the Sahara Desert, I'd be on the next flight to Africa. [Smile]

I made some huge sacrifices to get to an expert...after a newbie had me as a guinea pig on a ride called the learning curve.

I have to say, in my case, there is a reason some true experts are able to charge the high fees.

I would rather go see the Dr who wrote the book, instead of the Dr who read the book ..or in my case started treating me (for a complex problem) while waiting on the book to come in the mail...seriously...that happened...Cholestyramine was involved(not a fond treatment memory).

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen J.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristen J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one understands this disease better then him! it's just sad that by the time we hear of the treatment, most of our resources have been depleted by many bad and predatory doctors. At least that's the case in my area.
Posts: 116 | From California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I can agree with that. I spent years wasting time & money on stuff that was no where near efficient or even logical.

Some of these doctors are downright idiots. That's why I had to start studying all of this stuff on my own.

Some cases of Lyme might be relative uncomplicated. If you see the tick bite right away & treat it, you may be able to get well relatively quickly. There are big overlaps in these illnesses like fibromylagia, CFS, metal toxicity, viruses... At first, it's all so confusing & complex it's hard to know which doctor knows his/her stuff or not.

I really think Dr. K has a pretty good grasp of the larger picture. He may not help everyone but I do think his concepts are the most progressive out there. I like that he always seems to be learning & adjusting his protocols to include the newest advances.

I don't like to be anyone "groupie" but from the material I've studied - his work has helped me alot.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement