LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Any suggestions for EMF meters?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any suggestions for EMF meters?
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see if EMFs really are a problem here. Can anyone suggest a good meter that will be able to detect if I'm being over-exposed?
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious too, though there's not much I could do anyways so....
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are so many of them out there. I borrowed a friends but don't remember the name of it.

I am going to use a Stetzer meter in each outlet to measure the amount of dirty electricity that I may have running through my walls.

Different issue but you might want to look into that as well.

Type your address in at this site http://www.antennasearch.com/

That will give you a clue as to how much EMF exposure you are getting.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milagro
Member # 37023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milagro         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy crap. That's an eye opener. I had no idea there were so many antenea near me.
Posts: 88 | From NE | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
47 Towers and 230 antennas near me reported. Is that low, medium or high?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know seek. Some of those antennas could be 300 ft or more with multiple smaller antenna attached to them.

Yes, it is an eye opener. I've been watching that site for 4 years and watching the number in my area grow.

At some point people will have to take a stand but as long as everyone is addicted to the devices that require these towers.....
see what I mean?

You can measure your level at home, get rid of cordless phones, shut off wireless when you're not using it etc. There are some things you can do to lower the levels in your house.

Lots of info out there.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GigaHertz Solutions HFE 35C is the meter I got to test my house from Dr.K. and that is the one he uses for his house and has been giving to patients to check when they are not coming from many miles away. Google it and you will find it.

(He told me about another meter he is looking at that may be better to test. But right now, this is the one he uses to test his office, etc.)

It knocked my socks off when I brought it home to check my house because I had just discovered the Smart Meter on the side of the house facing into an open yard where my husband was always sitting before he died getting his sunshine!

I am trying to find solutions: The first thing, which was one of the worst was my CORDED phone
that had the window on it to see who is calling!
I ripped it out yesterday.

Just starting to see if there is any escape at all from this.

You may have noticed how seriously Dr. K. has been talking about EMF -- years ago. I think we need to change the name of what we are battling:
It's never just Lyme!

Start screaming about the Smart Meters and don't say there is nothing we can do. If we don't, we will all go under. Mine was installed without my knowledge or my husband's knowledge. He already paid the ultimate price. I am very certain that it contributed to his demise. Just can't get a straight answer from the power company when they put it in. So far, I have gotten 4 different years. Once I figured out what an analog meter looks like and a digital Smart Meter looks like and my blood pressure went out of control, I caught on and started to research.

Back later to hear what others have to say.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My good friend just sent me this.
http://lifeenergies.com/symp-radio-wave-sickness/

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing is, is that there are different types of radiation/EMFs. So, you need a meter that will be able to measure all of the different aspects. I have to study it again...

There are some solutions but I'm not sure they work. I think it's good to know in any case. It's good GiGi found out that her "corded" phone was no good... I think if we find hot spots in our home - it's good to move the bed or do things to lessen the effects.

I know it's a headache in regards to everything we are already dealing with. Just one more thing to deal with.

We can't get rid of it permanently but there are some measures we can do. I don't think the problem is that we are "addicted" to gadgets. It's just that they have to be re-engineered to provide safety as a primary concern.

As long as people think all this stuff is safe - no one will give it a 2nd thought.

I'm going to study it further & I'll post some things here later.

I'm sorry for your loss, GiGi.

[ 04-10-2012, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: sparkle7 ]

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

seekhelp - mine was:

75 Tower Structures Detected!

2 New Tower Applications Detected as of 04/10/12!

683 Antenna Locations Found!

---

This is in a 4 mile radius... There are HUGE towers very close by. I think they moved the some of the big broadcast antennas from the World Trade Center near here after 9/11.

I looked up the meter GiGi posted & it's about $900-1000. I'm going to keep looking. I'll post later...

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

The Steterizer Meter is under $100. I just got done using it to see what is running through my walls in terms of dirty electricity. Wasn't horrible but I will be buying some of their filters.

It's nice that you can check again with the meter after the filters are in and see instant results when the numbers drop.

At least one thing will be checked off from the list.

Anyone ever see the movie Safe with Julianne Moore from the 90's?

dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use the trifield meter that measure magnetic, electric and radio/microwaves. I think it was about $120 on amazon.
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Yeah, I saw the movie... I was thinking about that.

I saw some YouTube videos with the Trifield meter... Seems like an option. I read it's hard to put the shielding in properly so that the EMFs don't move or "pool" in other areas.

It's complicated - like everything else. I think it's good to at least be aware of this. I'm going to have to give it more thought. It's always something...

I heard someone talking on the radio saying that there should be evacuation plans for NY, NJ area due to the big nuke plants in the area. Millions of people live around here...

I think alot of people were exposed from the incident at 3 Mile Island way back when. I don't really know what we can do? I don't know if farraday cages around our beds will actually help.

Sheilded paint, curtains...? Then, what about the radiation from Fukashima or stuff the gov't doesn't really tell people about.

Might as well microwave some popcorn & watch a movie on my laptop through the WiFi...

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle -- you might try getting a booster for cell phone trafic while you're watching your movie (in case some one calls). At a commercial, go outside when airplanes fly overhead to get every bit of the chem trails. [lol]

As far NY & NJ -- they have a plan, to make sure no one knows about it until all the important government officials are safe with their families. [Frown]

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I know, Bob - LOL...

It shouldn't be a joke but after a while you just have to laugh at the hypocracy.

Maybe I should use a lead blanket when I go to bed? If you go out to the country - there might be all kinds of stuff in the soil or what you are breathing. I think they still have some coal burning electric plants in the US.

I know they had nuke plants all over the south. There were starting to build a new one where I was living. There are alot of toxic places from manufacturing back in the 1920's - like in Upstate NY. There are alot of other places, too.

PCBs were a big issue along the Hudson River. They supposedly did a clean-up but can you really get rid of all of that once it's dumped in a river? It is endless.

'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please don't confuse "regular" EMF waves (i.e: radio stations, RIFE machines, microwave link antennas, cell towers, infrared light [saunas], visible light (sun, lamps), ultra-violet (sun, sterilization trays), x-rays (dental & bone photograpy), gamma rays (random/ from space)
WITH...
"radioactive" sources (nuclear plants & their waste, atomic weaponry & it's "byproducts", uranium mines, old radium-paint watches, etc.)

The FORMER just "distort" the magnetic & electric fields around us. Low levels are ALWAYS hitting &/ or passing through us all (see below).

(All materials- glass, brick, aluminum foil- have "frequency windows of transparency".
An example is a piece of black paper. It passes radio~waves up to a certain wavelength (deep-infrared) then becomes opaque to shorter-wavelength InfraRed, visible & UltraViolet light, then it's *transparent* again to even higher-frequency EMF waves, like X-rays.)

The LATTER (*radioactive* sources) give off alpha particles (neutron & protons "lumps") that go in all directions, beta particles ("free" electrons that "fly off" in any direction) & high energy/ intensity gammawaves.

Radioactive molecules (i.e: iodine & cesium isotopes) can be ingested/ absorbed via the lungs and cause havok within the body as it's always being "punctured" by the particles being emitted from "within".

This "ionizing" radiation is indisputably dangerous to human health. On the other hand, the EMF controversy is fogged with "how much" & for "how long" AND for which individual (weakend immune/ elderly/ newborn, etc.)

Seems all creatures can take lower EMF levels w/o issue. (Otherwise, we'd be all dead!)
And very high levels can certainly hurt (sunburns, microwave "cooking", etc.) Even the FCC sets limits human exposure to high levels of radio waves like given off by radio towers. Rules about powering down the transmitter before working on- or near- an antenna structure are well-known.
But with the quick advance of new communication technologies, their application [use] around us seems to be out-stripping our ability to test for adverse consequences... to us and other forms of life.

ONE thing's for sure, though... We can all thank our lucky stars for the earth's Van Allen belt, it's gravitational field & our planet's pretty dense atmopsphere, rich in ozone.
It all protects us from the continuous energy assaults from our sun & "outer space". {Phew!}

Just Some-thing(s) to think about. ;-)

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for this thread and all the others about emfs...im trying to learn...i do feel better in my new bedroom with only one lite.

what is the meter that is spelled sort of like "guasse..." and what does it measure

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Here's a pretty good guide to do-it-yourself EMF guassmeters -

http://www.emwatch.com/emf-meter-emf-detector.htm

This is the one I have been seeing most recommended -
Trifield Electromagnetic Field Meter

It's about $125.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really got a chuckle from your humour Sparkle. [Smile]

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://lifeenergies.com/symp-radio-wave-sickness/

http://www.emwatch.com/emf-meter-emf-detector.htm

thank you gigi and sparkle

with my impaired brain it is really hard to study and learn new things but with the mew motivation of possibly buying a better house i am really invested in learning as much as possible

the first site is huge...but full of info

its a little old-2003/05 but as you get into it you realize that doesnt matter

emf poisoning is like asbestos was and hiv and even cigarette smoking. probably what happened in the mines too. we knew the facts long before it was admitted and held accountable.

i had to print out the site to be able to read it---i only have about 1/2 and it is 66 pages but worth it

thank you again-im gonna start a thread with just the site addresses for ppl looking for facts without all the discaussion

anyone reading this...it seems so many lyme and coinfection and ms and lupus and als and fibro sx can be caused by electricity...it is really worth educating yourself and controlling what you can---cuz there are things you can do. dont be overwhelmed and decide to do nothing

also-those who dont responding to tx...this may be the key

again gigi and sparkle thanks...so sparkle...does you name refer to electrical sparks?

gigi-i cant get the picture of your husband sitting next to the smart metr out of my head.

i live in the north and as soon as i get a sunny day i tend to sit out in my rocker on a little platform-close to the door...guess what. my head is 2 feet from the meter. i wont be sitting there again...

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks Bob. I know that radiation is not the same as some of the other forms of EMF exposure. I guess they are kind of obliquely related. It's just that they are invisible - so you need a meter to detect them.

These invisible things can really effect us - especially if we are ill with other things - like Lyme or pathogens, metals, etc. Alot of the gov't sponsored tests look for cancer mostly but what about DNA damage...?

One site I was looking at suggested that microwave exposure can lead to RNA or DNA damage.

lpkayak - I think it's good to try to keep learning. It's good for the brain - even if we have cognitive disorders. Hopefully, we can use the knowledge.

I just found out that it will cost close to $2200 to have 2 silver amalgams replaced... It's f---ing rediculous. I didn't even concent to have it "placed" there to begin with. - Sorry I got a bit sidetracked.

Who knows how the metals interact with the EMfs...? I read that drugs actually have frequencies that can interact with the EMFs, too. I don't know if it's true but it's somethig to consider.

I know how my brain can become entrained by certain frequencies when I listen to CDs for brainwave entrainment purposes. I saw some skeptic essays that is was fake but I do not think so.

I think people can be entrained by watching TV or listening to audio. So - it could happen through other types of waves or frequencies.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

there is a really good biol dentist in montreal who will remove the amalgams cheaper than anyone we found here. he is excellen-a surgeon-takes out root canals and cavitations too

when i had my amalgams i could hear the radio through my amalgams i guess. i knew i was hearing the radio cuz it was turned off but when i turned it on it was the same song as i was hearing in my head. i remember being afraid to tell anyone...afraid they would say i was skitzofrentic-sorry bout the spelling. soon as i got them out i stopped hearing the radio...

i read on one of those links that radon interacts with emfs and makes it all worse

--------------------

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Yes, I could believe that EMFs interact with alot of things... I live in a radon area. I always thought it was natural but I found out that it's because they dumped alot of radium infused paint in the area back in the 1910's - 20's.

They supposedly cleaned it up & the town wanted them to remove it from the EPA Superfund site... I don't know if you can really clean up something like that.

There was a big story about the Radium Girls & how they fought & won a class action lawsuit against big business.

fyi - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium_Girls

This area has alot of toxic stuff. I hope we don't have to live here for a long time. It's nice here but there's alot of toxic stuff around. Edison's lab is nearby & that's another toxic site...

I'd like to see a dentist near-by but I'll think about it. Thanks, lpkayak! Montreal is a nice city but it's about an 8-10 hour drive from here - at least.

I try to keep the windows open to let the air circulate. I saw a radon meter in Home Depot. I might get it. What can you do? There are potential problems everywhere. It's probably better to not get too stressed about it... or we'll all end up "skitzofrentic" - or paranoid or something.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

If you really want to dig further especially with EMF fields in the home. It starts with dirty electricity. The first link is a video explaining EMF and its relationship to dirty electricity. Sam Milham has a pretty good grasp of the problem and he's probably the ultimate expert. Most of this may seem to be cancer oriented, but it includes many disease. The failure of the immune system to protect the body from disease maybe in large part due to dirty electricity and EMF. If you have lyme disease how easy is it to get well in an environment filled with dirty electricity, the following video might help with that question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh2rq3-DbRs&feature=youtu.be

To read further and why graham stetzer meeters and remediation devices are so important. (you might also consider the relationship of dirty electricity with molds and yeast)

http://www.sammilham.com/links.shtm

http://biotech.about.com/od/biotechindailylife/a/dirtyEinterview.htm

http://omega.twoday.net/stories/6040876/

--------------------
Bob

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement