LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Herxing hard on Nystatin !?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Herxing hard on Nystatin !?
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 5 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey there,

well i'm stuck at this point of treatment. since 3-4 months im not improving anymore.. i dont know why..

i have done already 3 1/2 years of antibiotics.. did a 1 month break this year in march.. but after 2 weeks i noticed that im sliding back.
i'm not feeling good at the moment.. anything i do seems not to work.
i know that im positive for lyme and bartonella.. suspect babesia too.. i rotated bartonella-borrelia and babesia-borrelia treatment since 3 years.. my last bartonella-borrelia treatment was march 2011 - january 2012 with a combination of 2-3 antibiotics at once.. included always high dose rifampin or levaquin.

next week i will try a new protocol which i didnt have done like that:

malarone + bactrim ds + low dose zith + samento + banderol

.. what i have noticed so far and what keeps me thinking of yeast is the fact, that i have done such a long time abx and that i feel horrible on nystatin.
i have done already some rounds diflucan.. no problems at all.. no herxing i think.. but when im goin on nystatin.. my gosh.. 3 days in im a wrack!

i know that diflucan is working systemic.. not in the GI.. but nystatin is working in the GI!

does that mean, that i may have serious GI candida? usually i do 2x2 nystatin tablets + oral suspension.. actually im on 1 nystatin tablet a day!!! and i feel like i have the flu.. headaches.. bad mood.. exhausted.. etc.

is there anyone who had some bad herx reaction to nystatin too?? is there another antifungal med which is working stronger than nystatin in the GI?

i would appreciate your help

ps: sry for my bad english!

Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do a search here... someone posted not long ago about side effects they were having on Nystatin.

however, I'll bet it's the "oral suspension" which contains SUGAR!!!

I take 4 tablets twice a day and feel no difference.

and yes, you probably have serious candida

Candida Diet and Elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a reaction to Nystatin also. Not terrible, but just odd tingling at back of head, etc. Someone sent me a PM saying that was because Nystatin hits parasites and that is what I was likely feeling.

I'll pass along the same advice she gave me -- get some real parasite treatment. And that is what I am doing. Plan to start on Thursday.

Parasites are all-too-often overlooked.

Good luck.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your answers.. i have already treated parasites too with hulda clark (cloves, artemesia, black walnut) and will treat them again periodicly ...

whats new to me is that nystatin is working on parasites, i didnt know that, do you have an adress where i can read that fact?

Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had been taking nystatin for a while and at one point, I went off all of my meds and supplements because I was so nauseous.

I noticed when I went back on the nystatin that it made me feel worse. I decided to stop and I have been increasing my kefir and probiotics instead. I would like to know more about whether nystatin treats parasites too.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't do Nystatin either. It makes me sick too. My LLMD said that some people don't do well on it.

I have plateaued with my treatment too. I have treated Lyme, Babs and Bart very aggressively for 20 months. I am thinking I may have the Fry bug (FL1953) I have all of the symptoms of it I wonder if maybe the nystatin hits it.

I have been on a low fat diet for about 3 weeks now, I guess this is the best way to get the biofilms thinned out. I am also gluten free, dairy free and sugar free and low carb of course. So I am basically starving here, lol.

I figure I'll give this a shot, I am on Mino, Zithro, and Rifampin for Bart. The Mino and Zithro hit it so I'm giving the diet a try.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doc just gave me nystatin. Diflucan makes my skin burn like crazy

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nystatin made me feel worse than Flagyl did. Diarrhea within minutes after taking it. I did swish and swallow and this stuff is vile. This stuff makes Mepron taste good.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did one full tablet and my chest felt like it closed up and i couldn't breath. very tough.

so i cut it in half and the symptoms were the same only milder and yes diahhrea.

i don't know if it was allergic reaction or herx, but i'm going to stop for sure.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't tolerate the nystatin powder that is mixed with water. I tolerated it initially and then when I'd drink it my head would instantly spin and I'd get sick to my stomach. I tolerated that tablets ok though.

I'd also like to see some literature stating that nystatin hits parasites.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by randibear:
My doc just gave me nystatin. Diflucan makes my skin burn like crazy

-
probably was killing yeast

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by faithful777:
Nystatin made me feel worse than Flagyl did. Diarrhea within minutes after taking it. I did swish and swallow and this stuff is vile. This stuff makes Mepron taste good.

-
Get the pills.

You know what though?? I think maybe the Nystatin is beginning to give me nausea. HMMMM. I'll reduce the dosage and see how it goes. It's off and on.... never made the connection.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement