LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Banderol, Samento, Zithromax, Malarone, Bactrim DS, Nystatin Protocol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Banderol, Samento, Zithromax, Malarone, Bactrim DS, Nystatin Protocol
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 2 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there,

well i didn't post quite a time.. just read some good stuff here..

short information before i start:
sick since 3 1/2 years, in treatment since 3 years. positive for borrelia, bartonella + symptoms of babesia (but negative test results)

i try to rotate my protocols every 1/2 year.. that means.. the first 1/2 year i only treated borrelia.. after that bartonella+borrelia.. after 1/2 year babesia+borrelia etc.. i made some improvement but stuck somewhere.. so i changed my plan last year..

still rotating, but not every 1/2 year... now every 8-9 months.. + more focus ob parasites and candida.

in my treatmentrotation i made saw, that my progress is running backwards after 4-5 months of treatment... i think it's because i made my babesia+borrelia protocol.. and bartonella became dominant... when i made my bartonella+borrelia treatment--> babesia became more dominant etc..

so now my lyme llmd put me on the following protocol:

morning:
Banderol (actually on 2 drops)
Nystatine
Bactrim DS
malarone
zithromax pulsing low dose

afternoon:
Samento (actually on 2 drops)
Nystatine
Bactrim
malarone

im taking some milk thistle, vitamins and probiotics too and avoiding sugar und bad carbs as good as i can.

the first 2 weeks are over now and i have to say.. the first week was hitting me hard.. now i can tolerate all these meds and take them full dose.

my llmd said, this protocol will treat bartonella, babesia and candida.
is that protocol good for treating mainly babesia and keeping bartonella in bay?

my worst symptom is since 3 1/2 years my damn brainfog.. and mental stuff.. i have these weird dreams.. every night (no nightmares)... mentally total exhausted.. sometimes depressed.. problems with concentration and memory.. you know what i mean..
i want to get rid off this damn brainfog because it takes care of all these things i do every day..

what was your best way to get rid of brainfog?! which bug caused your brain fog?!

i would love to hear from people who got rid off their brain stuff totally.. really.. im hoping so much to be clear in my head one day.. but i dont know how long i can still motivate myself to keep on going with this $""�ing disease.

4 weeks ago i made a shorts 2 week protocol which i made the first time like that:

flagyl and nystatin.. i got so much headache from it.. i know these headaches.. i didnt have them for a while.. thats the worst herx headaches.. i could handle 1 week.. after that week a made a 2 day break.. on the second day.. i felt so good physically and mentally.. i took my joggingshoes and went to a park to do some sports with my girlfriend. on the next day.. same day as usual.. brainfog.. body is tired etc..

im asking myself, why it hit my brain so good?? i mean i took flagyl and nystatin quite a lot of times.. but never together..

is there anyone who made that sort of protocol??

sry for this weird text.. i didnt want to write that much..

greets and hugs

Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbitt
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickbitt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neuro involvement is very often bart. Reviews seem mixed whether bactrim helps much with it. One source says zith + bactrim is effective against bart/BLO's. Another says bactrim is useful against babesia.

I'm wondering if the doses are really high enough. If you're talking about 2 drops of banderol once a day you're not getting very much. I'm taking about 80/day, along with cats claw, nattokinase, and serrapeptase - all primarily as biofilm breakers.

Zith is pretty hard to pulse - it stays in your system a LONG time. Half life is 7-10 days.

My suggestion is to treat bart and lyme for the brain fog. Mino + cipro or doxy + rifampin. Clear up the fog, then pursue the rest of the infections. If babs is giving you trouble, take the mepron as well - 1 teaspoon twice a day.

Nystatin is only useful with thrush.

Posts: 146 | From Maine | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for response so far..

i treated bartonella BLO already with

3months levaquin+doxy+mino + 3 months rifampin+bactrim ds..

then switched to babesia protocol.. after babesia protcol again:

4 months levaquin+doxy + 5 months rifampin+zith

dosing was normal, not low, not irregular.

this protocols never cleared up my brainfog.. i wish they had.. thats why i want to try this direction-> babesia+bartonella treatment at the same time

Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

this protocols never cleared up my brainfog.. i wish they had.. thats why i want to try this direction-> babesia+bartonella treatment at the same time

daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck. That's a lot to take and you seem to know what's hitting what. Good for you.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

One of my other support groups people have stated that babesia + lyme give you brain fog. They say you have to treat babesia. I am using both Mepron and Artimisinin for babs. I am also on Zithromax and BLT for lyme. I am also on probiotics and other supplements. I feel that I've made some progress on my brain fog.

Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe-nm
Member # 18054

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe-nm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Daniel,

I've been treating for 3+ years now and only recently - last 6 months - did the brain fog go away. I had serious neuro problems; hallucinations, visual problems like the bark on trees vibrating as well as the backs of chairs and vetical blinds moving back and forth rapidly when I looked at them. After 3 months of rocephin IV, I got on Biaxin, plaquenil and rifampin and I have taken that daily until 2 months ago when my doctor asked me to see if I could stop the Rifampin. I now take just the biaxin and plaquenil. My only remaining problem is still in my eyes when occasionaly I still see vibrations in areas where light meets dark or vertical lines. I hope all the best for you. Good Luck!

Posts: 54 | From New Mexico | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement