LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » omg--acute esophagial gastritis!!! now what....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: omg--acute esophagial gastritis!!! now what....
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well the pain got so bad last night i have been up since 12:45. driving husband crazy cause i'm walking the floor and crying..moaning in pain.

i called my gastro's office this morning and ended up squalling on the phone. described all my symptoms.

i know she must have thought "my gosh, this woman is a raving lunatic" but she was very nice. apparently she has something wrong too.

she said her goal was to keep me out of the er, which i was on the way out the door!!

i told her i had half a sandwich and a salad since last friday. can't eat, severe excruciating pain in stomach goes to back, burping and farting like crazy..nauseous, dizzy, you name it.

asked her about the pancreas and she said no i don't think so. you would be vomiting on the floor and screaming at the top of your lungs plus fever, chills. it puts grown men down and you're not there yet. yours is more stomach and from those symptoms, it's gerd, esophagial burn and gastritis, in other words, "what have you been doing? you're a mess."

she recommended nexium twice a day, baby diet, very very bland, bananas, oatmeal, water only, broth, etc. nothing else. small meals three times a day.

gaviscon for the gas and tylenol pm to help sleep and for pain.

i'm to call them on monday and tell them how i'm doing.

man, this sucks...i'm tired, am only getting 1-3 hours of sleep per night, can't eat, and pain stays at 5-8 level 24 hours.

am down about 7 pounds so far.

oh, she said to continue the augmentin and flagyl to cover diverticulitis just in case.

no more humaworm for me. in fact, no more nothing for awhile...i'm too tired to fight it.

in a way i'm glad he's leaving but on the other hand i'm such a coward i'm scared out of my mind. oh sure, i have a whole house security system but that doesn't stop me from worrying.

hmmm, wonder if the sun will come up tomorrow??

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you are going through - very painful.

One thing that may help is sleeping in a recliner and/or lifting the head of your bed to create an incline.

I took prescription Previcid twice per day for a long time.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What were you diagnosed with??

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Tylenol for sleep can damage your liver, though. A problem liver affects the esophagus - and increases pain and, in many other ways, can impede healing.

It's best to avoid but, if no other choice, be certain to FIRST have liver support on board.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have a female GI dr now???

It may not be an esophageal burn. (they dx that with a scope) But you definitely need treatment!

Hope it all calms down SOON!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Essential enzymes or apple cider vinegar capsules help with GERD and/or severe heartburn.

Are you sure you aren't having a gall bladder attack?

It is really painful.

My mom (years ago) used a LITTLE pepermint schnappes(sp?) in some warm water to stop her gall bladder pains...sipping it over an hour.

Eventually, she had to have her GB removed, years later.

Augmentin is a no-no for me...I went to ER with extreme abd. pain after that abx. HONEST.

See my post (I have to vent) in General re: Nexium and a friend who had a stroke last Saturday.

Be careful with the PPIs!

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Dr r was on vacation so this was associate. I am still
Very concerned about that pancreas. Don't have a
Gallbladder.

Wierd thing is I'm passing yellow mucous.

If I get bad again. Heck with it I'm going to er. I pay a
Fortune for insurance so better use it

This started before I went on aug and flagyl but I'm wondering if they're aggravating things

--------------------

linky123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember augmentin being very hard on my GI tract too. Couldn't tolerate it at all.

Take care.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you would know if it's the pancreas. Stay calm for now. (easy for me to say!)

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kim812
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kim812     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the exact same thing happen to me last January 2011. I woke up in excruciating pain one night. The pain would go through to my back which made standing up almost impossible. The pain was in my upper abdomen and constant. I couldn't eat either but really didn't have an appetite anyway because it was so uncomfortable.

I finally made an appt. with the GI doctor who had no clue what was wrong. They ran a bunch of blood tests because she was thinking pancreas too but they all came back fine.

It took about 2 weeks to calm down and I haven't had it since. Have no idea what the cause was but I remember it well...

I have no gallbladder either so I knew it wasn't from that...
I know exactly what you are going through...and am so sorry.

Posts: 343 | From North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry Randibear. It sounds like something is wrong. Yellow mucus doesn't sound good. Maybe you should just bite the bullet and go in.

Not to slam humaworm, but I've heard that anti parasitics taken over the counter can put people in the hospital. I did it too, so you're not alone.

I know that when my cats stop eating that something is wrong, and that's when I take them to the vet (not that you're a cat--you're a bear). :) Maybe douse up on probiotics.

I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura_W
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura_W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be an issue with your liver/gallbadder in a way.... if you are willing to let them do a HIDA scan on you, they could check the function of nonexistant gallbladder... what they actually are looking for is if the spincter of odi is working properly. (and is done on patients with or without their gall bladder)

If that spincter isn't working properly then it can cause the same symptoms as a gall bladder attack. Its been a few years since I was in the field so I am a bit hazy... But, it was a test I use to do.

A HIDA scan is a nuclear medicine imaging test. Just a thought. The fact that you are passing yellow mucus is an indicator of liver issues.

But, I am not a dr! It could be something else.

Hugs

--------------------
10/10 EIA 1.4+, 41 (IGG), 23 (IGM)
Bitten over 20 years ago.
Currently not treating, looking for a Dr who will work with my insurance lol.

More muscular, cognitive, nerve issues than joints. Facial droop and blurred vision.

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

i don't have a gallbladder. had it out in 97.

i've researched and it could be what's called sphincter of oddi dysfunction....

lor, i hope they do find something. i'm to call the gastro on monday.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement