LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Infrared Treatment May Save Eyes Damaged by Parkinson's Disease

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Infrared Treatment May Save Eyes Damaged by Parkinson's Disease
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/20120804/11296/infrared-treatment-eye-damage-parkinsons-disease.htm

excerpt-

"Near infra-red light treatment has long been known to promote the healing of wounds in soft tissues such as skin. Our recent studies are showing that it can also protect the retina of the eye from toxins which attack its nerve cells," said Professor Jonathan Stone from The Vision Centre and the University of Sydney.

Read more at http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/20120804/11296/infrared-treatment-eye-damage-parkinsons-disease.htm#SdRZYzq8lRFKODq3.99

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This article is a big part of the reason I did photon treatment: http://www.cuph.org/projects/global/material/546/binary/

It talks about curing blindness.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep...from my files on infrared:

http://www4.uwm.edu/cehsc/research/res_grp1.html

(university)

Good link:

http://www.warp-heals.com/pdf/DeSmet_PMLS.pdf

Some great additional links here:

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/showthread.php?11060-LED-Light-Therapy-Research

Photobiomodulation by light in the red to near infrared range (630-1000 nm) using low energy lasers or lightemitting
diode (LED) arrays has been shown to accelerate wound healing, improve recovery from ischemic
injury and attenuate degeneration in the injured optic nerve.

http://ftp.rta.nato.int/public/Pubfulltext/RTO/MP/RTO-MP-HFM-109///MP-HFM-109-P19.pdf

In Iraq, infrared cameras mounted on their helmets give soldiers ***eyes in the night***, and let them find dangers in tunnels and dark rooms.

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2003/12.11/39-satellite.html

Think about the last above link and how it might relate to the WFL hunting for insects to eat at night and needing to capture ANY available light to find the yummy insects.(ONGOING light bleaches rhodopsin -> PDE6 impacting the cGMP channels)

P.S. My photon 90 machine setting for eyes is #3.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beam me up, Marnie...

If it's good for Parkinson's toxins - it's probably good for Lyme. Don't know what's taking them so long to get this out as public knowledge... or maybe I do?

Also- I was realing that blue light can trigger some pathogens to grow out of control... I never knew that. I'll post the research later...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie, What is your photon 90 machine?

Could you explain the details?

Thanks.

PollyPolygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Just for people with curiousity... This really kind of freaked me out. It's about exposure to blue light (appropriate wavelength of approximately 375 - 420 nm) & a type of pathogen.

http://www.carnicominstitute.org/articles/bio2011-3.htm

Just thought I'd post it for people information. Some wavelengths of light may cause problems that are unforseen. I assumed that most were OK but we really don't know.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I look forward to reading the articles here later when I can think better.

Just wanted to warn, though, not to make the same mistake as I did with an infrared heater. My eyes dried out so very badly and caused me so much agony.

I had tried to make my own sauna, of sorts, with an infrared heater shaped sort of like a fan and glows a beautiful red-orange in the reflective silver dish.

The actual light ring is hidden from view and I did not stare at the dish but also did not cover my eyes from it; it was in my view as I tried to relax and sweat to a cozy glow.

For purposes of a home-made "sauna" it did not work as when it shone on me, too hot. When oscillating off me, too cold.

But my eyes suffered the most from the dry heat of my winter experiment. I only did this a few times but my eyes took months to recover from that dryness. Electric baseboard heat did not help but I've had that for 30 years without too much trouble.

I'm sure the treatments in the article are far different (and I should have read it all first but am just too tired to comprehend) - still, just thought it may help to mention this while it comes to mind.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that info, Keeb!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All: Yes, this is why I went with a photon treatment that had data behind it. I am doing WONDERFULLY well by the way... NO abx for three months and I am feeling better than ever...

Hang in there... there are alternatives that work... Blessings...

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you keep healthy! Congrats!!

I agree with Willbeatthis.

There is huge potential in the far infrared range. And add some FREQUENCIES to these infrared lights, these can do amazing things.

I dropped really boiling water on my hands (while filling a water bottle), the kettle was still bubbling... half of my hands got boiling water. The pain was horrible, non stop.

I used the PE1 for more than 30 minutes so that I could sleep with about only 10% of the pain. Next day, I only got a tiny red spot and pain. More like a sensitivity, than pain. Absolutely bearable.

In about 3 days, I had nothing visible, I had even forgotten which hand was burnt. No signs, nothing.

The PE1 barely heats. Nothing to do with sauna infrared. It is NOT the heat that heals, but the light and the frequencies.

It is not an answer for all our health troubles, but like Rife, or even better, it is an AMAZING tool!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

One day I'm going to get the PE1... I still have my trusty LightWorks. Thanks for the reminder Brussels. I tripped & fell on my knee & it's a bother. I'm going to try the LightWorks on it. I heard it was good in combination of colloidal silver for wounds.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement