LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hot Flashes back after starting Cryptolepis...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hot Flashes back after starting Cryptolepis...
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else experience this?

I hope it's a herx, but this has been for 2 weeks now. I am not feeling well at all.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started Cryptolepis a couple of months ago and it restarted my night sweats. Oddly, they are continuing, which is different from my usual herxes which usually only last about a week.

I told my LLMD at my last appt but he didn't really have anything to say about it.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havent noticed an increase in sweating...but i get weird muscle spasm/twitching in my throat and jaw when I take cryptolepis.

--------------------
Psalm 119:50
My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Posts: 292 | From Heaven | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel horrific for about an hour after a dose, and I'm just up to 1 ml, 2x/day. I get sweaty and pretty much feel like I must be dying...it is starting to scare me.

I can't tolerate the smallest amount of the Babesia medicines, so I guess Babesia must be a bigger player in my illness than I thought. I was negative for b. microti and b. duncani.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hot flashes came back with a vengeance too (and many other babs symptoms) and I've been on crypto for 6 mos. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why. Then it hit me--protomyxzoa.

Every time I ate nuts, fats, etc, I'd herx within 45 min to 3 or 4 hrs later (primarily babs symptoms). And the night sweats would even come back 12 hours after that.

So I cut my fats, and the symptoms subsided. Even my lyme symptoms got better. I tested for protomyxzoa but my test came back negative (go figure). I'm eating low fat now (it's worth it for me to not feel so horrible).

I don't really know for sure if fats & oils in general have something to do with lyme. It seems like that's the case with me though. Maybe the fat makes some biofilm to protect lyme and company so they can do their damage.

Maybe reducing fat cuts the biofilms down so what I'm taking can attack the enemy. I don't really know for sure (just speculating here). All I know is, once I cut my fat, my knee pain went away. This alone was worth it.

And even though I'm still taking crypto, the hot flashes are almost nothing. It's the fats with me. Try lowering your fat. The more I lower mine, the better I feel. I think Dr. F is really onto something big here.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel a boy different and weird on Crypto too. I feel as if Borrelia is not happy with Crypto as well and they were all ushered to my head and neck.

My neck crackles now and my throat feels chocked. Something I did not feel to this degree for almost a year now.

What dosage are yu guys on? 30 drops 3x a day?

I tried 5 drops & the next day did 10 drop, so 25 drops by day 2.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on 60 twice daily plus artemisinin pulsed.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't cut the fats because I am taking malarone.

I am up to 1 teaspoon crypto twice daily. I am not sure I can ever afford to get up to 3 x daily.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on malarone too. It still works (cutting fat). I think the docs are required by law to tell us to take it with fat. My doc said that I have to do what works for me. He was very careful with his wording. Maybe fats help it stay in the system longer. I don't really know for sure. But I can tell you that it still works without added fat for me.

I think as long as what you eat has a little bit of fat that it can help. Almost everything has a little fat in it. I just eat a tiny bit of meat and a salad at breakfast, and the same at dinner. There's fat in it, even though it's lean. Even some breakfast porridges and grains have a tiny bit of fat in them.

I even cut out fish oil (only take it about once a week now, and I'm considering eliminating it altogether). I'm also considering eliminating the small amt of lean meat in the am too. I've chatted with someone else who doesn't take any fat with malarone either (she said it works for her too).

When I first tried lowering my fats, I felt better within a few days. And a few weeks later, remarkably better. But if I cheat, wham, the hot flashes and air hunger come right back. I can cheat a little, but not much.

Fats really aren't good for any of our hearts. Some cardio docs send their patients to McDougall. The McDougall diet is what Dr. F. recommends. His diet and Ornish's diet have been proven to make dramatic changes within the body.

I think I'd do just about anything to quit the horrible intense babs symptoms coming back. Some of my returning babs symptoms were worse than they were originally. I eat to live now, rather than living to eat. Try it. I think you'll be surprised.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catgirl: I wonder if that's why I crave greasy foods?

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

It could be. Whenever I eat something fatty, I feel great (a temporary high). But then 45 minutes to 3 or 4 hours later I feel sick. I start herxing, mostly with babs symptoms.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement