LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » wdbj7.com -- Maybe full interview at 11:00 p.m. 10/7/12

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wdbj7.com -- Maybe full interview at 11:00 p.m. 10/7/12
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interview with Bea Seibert and Anna and her mother is supposed to air at 6:00 p.m. on Roanoke Tv station channel 7

wdbj7.com

Do not know if there will be any direct links after the broadcast.

Good news is that Steve is still stable -- PAO2 -- low was at 44 yesterday morning. Came up to 49 after a change in vent settings. Was at 56 this morning.

The reporter just let us tell our stories so it all depends on how it is edited as to what gets in the news.

Thanks to Anna and her mother. Anna is the one who sent the handmade get well card with the angel on it. Her sibling also sent a handmade card. I still can't believe they made the 6 - 7 hour drive just to come and say a prayer for Steve. Their faith is just amazing.

And thanks to the angel who alerted the TV station to the story.

I know there are many of you at work behind the scenes and I appreciate all everyone has done more than I can say.

Bea Seibert

I can't respond to all emails prersonally right now -- but please know that I am reading them all.

[ 10-07-2012, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: seibertneurolyme ]

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm reading this with a clinched fist, go get em. God does work in ways we don't understand, this is a godsend. Good luck.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope someone records (even with their phone) it and posts it on youtube or something for those of us that may not be able to see it...or really hoping that the station will post a link online.

So proud of you, Bea, and God bless Anna and her family!!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome news, Bea! And many angels for young Anna as well.
Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Well, it's past 6 pm ET so I thought it might be on their website. Don't see it and a search for Bea's name comes up empty.

If anyone has seen it, I hope you can post a link that goes beyond their homepage:

http://www.wdbj7.com/
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Not sure where to put this:

BettyG emailed me that she emailed Tom Grier, a microbiologist who is very literate regarding tick borne disease.

She asked him to look at some slides (of Steve's that I guess have been posted).

Not sure if Tom has answered yet but just know that many folks are trying to find answers.

Hugs, Love.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FuzzySlippers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzySlippers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeb,

The information about the YouTube channel showing Steve's bloodslides is in the following two threads, in case it helps you. So nice of Betty to do that.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/120539

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/120532

Posts: 503 | From Maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The interview is on the website. Below the screenshot of "Local news video"...where it says "Ohio mother and daughter..."

Bless the little girl's heart. She is wise beyond her years.

Bless her mom's heart for making that long drive with Lyme disease.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it is:

http://www.wdbj7.com/videogallery/72774722/News/Ohio-mother-and-daughter-travel-to-Roanoke-to-pray-for-a-man-they've-never-met#pl-66745839

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxoxox
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xoxoxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's there - the video on the news website 2/3 of the way down under the News Video section. Headline begins "Ohio mother and daughter..."

http://www.wdbj7.com/

--------------------
----------
Danni

Posts: 311 | From Glen Mills, PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video, Bea -- and what a beautiful little girl with a beatiful mother compelled to show love and care for someone they have never met.
Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was hoping for better (Lyme/Babs) coverage from the news station. But it was still a beautiful story of this little girl and her mother driving all the way out to see Bea in person.

Sending continued prayers.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

I can barely drive one mile now...so I commend the girl's mom for driving so far to pray with Bea, for Steve. Amazing.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news story!

Everyone did a great job and God bless you all!!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are still praying, in faith, for Steve's recovery Bea. May you feel our Lord's loving presence, and your strength and hope be renewed.
Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice interview, I know they had to keep it short and light.

Video of interview:
http://www.wdbj7.com/videogallery/72774722/News/Ohio-mother-and-daughter-travel-to-Roanoke-to-pray-for-a-man-they%27ve-never-met#pl-66745839

Interview, print article:
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-young-ohio-girl-travels-to-roanoke-to-pray-20121007,0,7297466.story

Young Ohio Girl Travels To Roanoke To Pray
10-year-old Anna Gress made the trip to pray for a sick man

Bryce Williams Reporter

8:47 p.m. EDT, October 7, 2012
ROANOKE, Va.�

It's the story of a couple holding on to hope and relying on faith after the husband was told he had
only days to live.
Today, they welcomed a special out-of-town visitor who came to offer spiritual support.

Steve Seibert has suffered several health issues including lung failure and bacterial pneumonia.
And, while doctors at various hospitals have offered conflicting reports, his wife says he also suffers from Lyme disease.

Today 10-year-old Anna Gress of Ohio visited Siebert�s wife Beatrice so she could pray for their family.

Gress says the long trip was worth it even though she couldn�t meet with the patient since he�s in ICU.

�All of a sudden I thought �Oh my gosh, this is a time for God to shine,� � she said.

By the way, Anna's mom Beth suffers from Lyme disease and little Anna showed possible signs.
That makes their selfless act even more touching.

The Seibert family enjoys hearing from well wishers. They showed us the many cards they�ve received.
If you�d like to contact them, use the following address:

Attn: Stephen Seibert

Carilion Clinic
P.O. Box 13367
Roanoke, VA 24033

There is room after the print article for comments.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is my understanding that the video clip is an abbreviated version of the interview. The 6:00 news did not air due to the football game. Was told by the reporter that the full interview may be on the 11:00 p.m. broadcast -- but not 100% sure as he did not call back to confirm that.

I have no way to record the full interview when or if it airs. So hoping someone else can do that for me.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Maybe if enough people leave comments the full story will air at some point in the future if it doesn't get shown at 11:00 p.m.

Bea Seibert

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great! Best wishes to you & Steve! Keep the faith... The world works in mysterious way.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/9uhun53

OR

http://preview.tinyurl.com/9uhun53

OR

Google "WDBJ7 10 year old Anna interview"

Posts: 124 | From Maryland, USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS - Can someone put these news videos on YouTube? It would be great to try to make this story go viral. I would do it but I never posted anything on YouTube & I'm a little pre-occupied at the moment.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking about the lawyer angle again. Is there something specific that the doctors are not doing, or that Bea wants them to do? Like a certain test that they are not doing, or a specific treatment that they are withholding? Or a standard of care that they are not following?

I think a lawyer could be useful in that type of situation where there is something concrete that the lawyer could request that they do, but from what I could tell from the discussion, it seems that one of the problems is that there is not an obvious path forward right now.

Does anyone have any experience with patient/medical advocates? I googled "patient advocate" in Virginia and came up with this:
http://members.advoconnection.com/index.asp#requests

It looks like it's a place to post requests and they try to match you up with a medical advocate.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WPinVA,

The link gets an error msg, the page is not available. Is there a name we can Google to try to access it that way? Thanks.

Posts: 124 | From Maryland, USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Anna and Beth: If you are here... Thank You for going to Bea and Steve!! That was so brave and wonderful!!
lax mom
Member # 38743

quote:
Originally posted by a mom:
Anna and Beth: If you are here... Thank You for going to Bea and Steve!! That was so brave and wonderful!!

I second that, a mom.

My husband was hooked up to his IV while we watched the video...he kept saying "let the girl and Bea speak" because he felt the newscaster kept interrupting.

I feel like Steve's fight is all of our fight, and Anna's prayer helped all of us [Smile]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a sweet little girl.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree... Anna and Beth .. you are both angels!!

Thank you!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement