LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » FLOATERS??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FLOATERS??
lymelisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymelisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read conflicting things (no surprise) on floaters and lyme. i realize that the floaters aren't the actually bugs, but wondering if lyme can cause floaters as symptoms.

I developed these during height of my neurological symptoms. I was checked by an opthamologist who saw nothing wrong and said that it is due to my severe near- sightedness. however, at that time I didn't know I had lyme,and now I wonder.

I read on columbia's website that it cannot be a symptom of lyme, but then I read that it can. any thoughts? thank you!

[ 12-31-2012, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 138 | From Connecticut | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's absolutely real

i have had floaters for almost 3 years. i had them when i was first bitten and then they came back and never went away.

in the right light i can see detail of the bacteria in my eyes- like i'm looking under a microscope

it's freaky

when things get bad neurologically i get pressure in my eyes and my vision is about 1/3 obscured with floaters.

i have read that floaters are not anything to worry about but i don't believe it.

i think floaters are an indication of increased neurological or at least ocular infection.

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymelisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymelisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you. so you definitely think floaters are a lyme symptom? I also get blurry in the evening. these are least of my problems, as have such severe neuro issues leaving me bedridden but am just trying to collect as much data as I can that point to lyme dx. any other with floaters that they think lyme caused?
Posts: 138 | From Connecticut | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i do. others people will probably have better specific information- like research studies to help you gather data for your doctor- but i can speak from my own symptoms.

it's real.

in fact, i helped a man in west virigina figure out he had lyme just based on his floaters. he told me he had "eagles" floating in his eyes.

i said "that's weird- i have lyme disease and i have things floating in my eyes too."

he said, "so floaters can be lyme? i was bitten by a tick a few years ago and i have arthritis now but i didn't think to get tested."

Long story short- he got tested and got a positive and started antibiotic therapy for lyme.

i have a bunch of neuro stuff too but i haven't seen a LLMD since i first was bitten (even though I hope to go back to one!). i've only managed symptoms iwth a naturopath so far.

I wish I knew more about managing neuro symptoms- I could use the information too!

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have developed many eye floaters since my symptoms developed last February.

Without looking into a specific angle of like, I always see grey blotches and long stringy lines.

Then when I look into an angle of light, I see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Coxsackie_B4_virus_virions_EM_5630_lores.jpg

I also seen long translucent looking worms. I also see many uniform circles that are always in the same spot. This is why I dont believe that they are "white blood cells passing by" as I was told.

It looks like there are colonies of bacteria in my eye.

I read somewhere that the bacteria could be dead and the fluid in our eyes catches it. Or it could be stagnant and alive, which is what is constantly causing my eyes to be blood shot every now and then.

Ive also noticed that my eyes have lost a lot of its vibrant whiteness they once had. Also, I have a lot of blueness on the outside of my eyes right next to my nose. I look like I havent slept in a month and am very malnourished.

I think everything is all very related. The crazy looking eye floaters in my eyes, the almost constantly changing pressure in my nose

(sometimes my nose feels hard to breathe through but there is no congestion, minutes later I can feel my sinuses opening up and I feel absolutely no pressure.

The constant pressure/popping in my ears, which is connected to the sinuses by the eustachian tube.

And then the constant head pressure (global) I feel in my head, that never ever fully goes away. The lowest it ever gets to is a 1. Never a zero.

And then theres my heart pain, lung pain, bad off balance feeling sometimes, body twitching, skin crawling sensations, random pains, etc...

Everyday I am losing hope. Doxy, Mepron, Zithro, Bactrim, Cryptolespsis, Sida Acuta, Artemisinin, others herbals, vitamins, now Cholestyramine for suspicion of mold exposure...No better.

And yet, throughout all of this, I am still able to go out and run 4 or 5 miles, take a Bikram yoga class, or a regular yoga class.

I can run up stairs but am out of breath at the top. But then again, who isn't? I eat healthy all the time. I just dont get any better.

Sigh :/

[ 12-31-2012, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

this is pretty close to what mine look like:

http://nirvikalpa.com/images/floaters.jpg

xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! thats exactly what mine look like almost
Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eye symptoms are definitely related to Lyme!

When I started drinking mangosteen juice, all eye symptoms went away in 24 hours - floaters, light sensitivity, eye muscle pain and blurred vision.

It's an anti-inflam juice that can work for some. Various brands can be found in healthfood stores and online. I currently like mango-xan - it's the most tart of the juice brands.

Btw, a full test with a neuro-opthalmologist found nothing wrong, even though they had to anesthetize my eyes for me to be able to look at light.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
From my file notes:

While there is no doubt that lyme, other TBD and other stealth infections can affect the eyes and vision in various ways - and parasites, too - not everything is lyme.

Also, with lyme & co. comes a lot of toxicity. That increases the "debris" in the body and can also affect the eyes.

FLOATERS are very common but, perhaps, a bit more so at times for those with lyme. Floaters are not spirochetes. Spirochetes are far too microscopic to see like that.

More detail about FLOATERS:

http://eyeadvisory.com/eye-conditions/floatersretina/

FLOATERS

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=114279;p=0

Floater thread

This holistic doctor's site and his book are also excellent:

http://eyeadvisory.com/

Book & website: THE EYE CARE REVOLUTION - by Robert Abel, Jr. M.D. (Ophthalmologist)

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/115258?

ASTAXANTHIN - an antioxidant that has great promise for the eyes

Also be sure to get your FISH OIL - Many here really like OmegaBrite - just Google.

TAURINE is an essential amino acid for the eyes. Be sure your diet includes plenty. Vegetarians MUST supplement as it's primarily in muscle meat, fish and eggs.
- -----------------

Be sure to avoid:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
In addition to Floaters (that may or may not be due to lyme), lyme can affect the eyes and vision in profound ways.

One hit of many from a Google search of: ophthalmologic borrelia

http://www.medsci.org/v06p0124.htm

Int J Med Sci 2009

Ocular manifestations of Lyme borreliosis in Europe

Paolo Mora, Arturo Carta

Institute of Ophthalmology, University of Parma - Parma (Italy)

--------------------

The vesitublar changes for those with lyme and the brain changes regarding balance and sensory overload can also affect vision, even causing dyslexia, etc.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My floaters (hubby's too) are WAY down after I started treating parasites.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the only lyme symptom i have are those darn flashing circles and lights at night. when i lay down i get silver circles and they last for a couple of minutes.

i've had every single eye test done by leading eye doctors. diagnosis -- opthalmic migraines....

eyes check out fine.

husband tho was started on lipitor and sure enough, one year later developed severe floaters and had to have surgery. something like 70 percent of men develop eye problems with statin drugs.

sorry got off topic...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second parasites. My floaters go away when using alinia or ivermectin, mine are bad too. Hundreds of them.
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amk33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amk33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine look like the image above, as well. Neither abx nor alinia/ivermectin has helped.
Posts: 418 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daynise - what is that picture? Is it a pathogen?
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement